Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Poor Christina. I hate the way they turned the storyline. I wish Al from United States of Al was the owner of Tooseys Wooseys and he and Christina formed an actual relationship. 

Edited by greekmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

There’s no reason Christina has to be such a disaster. I don’t find the storyline or the actress remotely amusing.

The preview for next week: Is that Dele? He was just on 2 weeks ago, and that guy looks like he’s 10 years older.

And enough with Abishola being a “traditional Nigerian woman” excuses. Let the guy breathe for a minute.

• Love 4

I want Cristina to sue Jared for something like entrapment and/or defamation of character.

I want the waiter who cleared away the other place setting when Christina said she was eating alone, to have also overheard Jared telling someone he was going to seduce her and then get her fired for sexual harassment.

Maybe Dottie can figure it out.

Side note: I thought Maribeth Monroe as Christina was doing Emmy-worthy physical comedy.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

I liked Dottie asking if Cristina had used protection or if Dottie might (hopefully) get a grandbaby out of the deal, because it was being both practical without piling onto Christina with doomsaying.  
But then, right after, for the previews, there is some new Dele crisis, and according to bobheartsabishola.fandom.com/wiki/Dele, Dele is "15-16" which means he could have a pregnant gf. 😶👶🏻👶🏽🙃

• Love 1

I’m glad it seems Bob is done with his silly midlife crisis where he barely bothered to learn about his boat. But I don’t want to see Christina returning because she has no other options after that employee did her dirty. MaxDot, especially her mom, did not treat her well. I hope something changes with that as Christina deserves better

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Side note: I thought Maribeth Monroe as Christina was doing Emmy-worthy physical comedy.

I hate it. She feels so over the top, she doesn't fit in with the rest of the show. I really want her to tone it down with her facial expressions.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

I feel like Christina getting fired was done specifically to get her back working for MaxDot.  Maybe now that Goodwin is running the company he'll value her more than her family and working for him might be good for her.  But what a stupid way to accomplish that.  I would have hoped that Goodwin would have wooed her away from Toesy's because he saw value in her.  Unless the show wants to continue making her pathetic.  She had a moment of redemption only for this to happen.  I'm hoping it's temporary.

And Tunde is one to talk about what Nigerian women want.  I don't see him hustling his butt for his wife.  I even forget what he does.  I originally thought he was retired but I think he does something and they don't mention it much so I forgot.

• Love 7

I want to say that Tunde and Olu own a dry cleaner store (maybe a chain?) and are property owners and landlords?  So the businesses run with delegated management?  I know Tunde bragged about his painting prowess, which I associate with a skill a landlord might employ between renters rather than pay an outside contractor.

One detail I appreciated about this episode was that we saw Bob in the hot tub with a long sleeved T-shirt on.  Abishola and Gloria were in standard bathing suits, but Kemi was in a full body covering long sleeved suit.  Was he doing that out of respect for general propriety--notice that positions changed too--or or to respect Kemi's cultural modesty?  Or am I reading too much into that, and it was to cover up Billy Gardell's loose skin from his weight loss?  At any rate, it read like respect to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, nx74defiant said:

I hate it. She feels so over the top, she doesn't fit in with the rest of the show. I really want her to tone it down with her facial expressions.

I do agree that he facial contortions are too much.
By “physical comedy” I meant whole body movements, like confidently swinging back in her boss chair, only to be humbled by whacking her head on the edge of the head rest.  

5 hours ago, DanaK said:

I don’t want to see Christina returning because she has no other options after that employee did her dirty. MaxDot, especially her mom, did not treat her well. I hope something changes with that as Christina deserves better

Is it too late for Christina to go back to the restaurant for a drink where the waiter who cleared away the other place setting when Christina said she was eating alone says he’s surprised she was fired for sexual harassment because the waiter overheard Jared suggest they have sex and she said no, and then in the next scene Christina brags to Dottie how she successfully sued Tosey Wosies for wrongful termination, which elevates Christina in Dottie’s eyes, so Dottie offers to make Christina VP of MaxDot?

• Love 2

Really didn't like much in this episode.  Christina is pathetic and Bob is stupid.  He should have been a much more responsible boat owner, especially if he ever had thoughts of going on the Big Lakes or Detroit River,  where there is indeed Coast Guard presence,  not to mention Homeland Security.  You don't take that so lightly. 

Even the usually reliable Olu and Tunde weren't very funny 

• Love 4

Yeah, this was an "off" episode for sure.  I liked the hot tub scene, but that's about it.   We can only hope that Toesey Woesey tanks with poor marketing and other poor business decisions and MaxDot surges as a result of this.  The problem is, with the shakeup at the company, there's no space for Christina or Bob anymore.  Goodwin and Kofo are thriving in their positions, to oust them would not be fair.  Maybe they create a new product development division and Christina can head that up?  Or Kofo moves into that position and Christina goes back to marketing?  Best for all would be if Dot moved on to actual retirement which would allow Christina the freedom to really be effective.  The family dynamics just really don't allow for her to be her best, everyone reverts to family roles where Christina plays the ditzy screw-up.  Her time at Toesey Woesey clearly shows that when she's free from that, she's not just competent, she's really good at her job.

• Love 8

I thought Abishola was fine with Bob retiring, when he seemed happy she seemed happy. She enjoyed having him cook for her and seeing him be relaxed, and having more time for morning sex. What she objected to was him being clingy and interrupting her at work and stealing her thunder with her friends and wasting money on a boat he didn't actually have any real interest in. I thought Tunde was right that Bob needed to get a life and stop smothering Abishola and stop acting out and being stupid, but I don't like that Tunde assumed the problem was that Bob needed a job to win back everyone's respect.

I liked the idea someone had, for having Bob explore volunteer work. Or he could have taken a hobby that he actually had an interest in. I don't like that they are blaming Abishola for something she really didn't do, and Bob believed it instead of actually paying attention to what Abishola actually objected to.

Christina was great at her job but she was still pathetic in her personal life. If she was actually happy, it would have been more of a victory but they were painting her as still being emotionally needy and low self-esteem, and exercising bad judgment. It's not just the hook up, it's the whole sad sack thing she was doing before that. She could have been shown to be happy, or finding friends or dating, along with succeeding at work. 

• Love 6

Abishola could show a little patience and understanding while Bob was figuring it out. He walked away from his professional life without a plan just the knowledge that his life wasn’t working. It always has to be about her, though. It has to be exhausting to tiptoe around her moods and her many invisible land mines.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, this was an "off" episode for sure.  I liked the hot tub scene, but that's about it.   We can only hope that Toesey Woesey tanks with poor marketing and other poor business decisions and MaxDot surges as a result of this.  The problem is, with the shakeup at the company, there's no space for Christina or Bob anymore.  Goodwin and Kofo are thriving in their positions, to oust them would not be fair.  Maybe they create a new product development division and Christina can head that up?  Or Kofo moves into that position and Christina goes back to marketing?  Best for all would be if Dot moved on to actual retirement which would allow Christina the freedom to really be effective.  The family dynamics just really don't allow for her to be her best, everyone reverts to family roles where Christina plays the ditzy screw-up.  Her time at Toesey Woesey clearly shows that when she's free from that, she's not just competent, she's really good at her job.

I would like to see Dottie and/or Max Dot do a takeover or buy out of Toesy Woesey's, as an expansion into the sock world (is there such a thing?  I guess so, with all of the sock companies out there).  It is plausible, story-line wise, as Christina had to fire Goodwin due to company downsizing, possibly because of poor profits.  

Christina (and possibly Douglas) could be in charge of that division, which seems to better suit both their personalities, with Goodwin and Kofu managing MaxDot, and Bob and Dottie acting as President and Vice President respectively of the newly formed company.  

I wonder if Dottie would do something like that, as a confidence booster for Christina (albeit a very expensive confidence booster).  Christina could then fire Jared (he'll always be "Al" to me), or demote him or something.  

I doubt that would happen, but it might work!  

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I don't think it's fair to blame Abishola for what Tunde said to Bob. She was irritated, but she wasn't pressuring Bob or complaining to him. She just needed a break to read her book and decompress. He was exhausting to watch, nevermind be around. He was calling her at work, horning in on her time with her friends, and being generally needy and over bearing. But she wasn't complaining, she was just tired. Bob is coming off manic.

It's Tunde who said to go back to work, not Abishola.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I actually said "Uh oh" out loud several times watching the Christina scenario unfold.  We could all see how that was going to turn out.  Also, don't people who own boats have to become licensed to drive it?  Very irresponsible of Bob to go out on a body of water and not know anything about the boat.   Pretty scary when Douglas (I don't recall whether he appeared in the the episode?!) seems like the responsible Wheeler child.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I actually said "Uh oh" out loud several times watching the Christina scenario unfold.  We could all see how that was going to turn out.  Also, don't people who own boats have to become licensed to drive it?  Very irresponsible of Bob to go out on a body of water and not know anything about the boat.   Pretty scary when Douglas (I don't recall whether he appeared in the the episode?!) seems like the responsible Wheeler child.

A lot of states do require a license to drive a boat, Michigan is not one of them.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
On 10/10/2022 at 11:35 PM, Yeah No said:

I feel like Christina getting fired was done specifically to get her back working for MaxDot. 

As soon as the episode opened with Christina as the focus, I knew they would have her fired somehow to get her back at MaxDot, since her mother needs an ally right now with Bob out of the picture. I hate this direction, I was really happy Christina finally got away from her mother and was succeeding.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I was not a bug fan of this episode, and the last few episodes in general. Mainly it just made me sad again that United States of Al was cancelled. 

Christina felt like a cartoon in this episode, and not in a good way, especially when she was flailing around the hospital. Good thing she was already at the hospital, it looked like she was having some sort of seizure. 

• Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 9:44 PM, shapeshifter said:

I want Cristina to sue Jared for something like entrapment and/or defamation of character.

She was drunk and he knew it.  She couldn't consent.  She could try to have him arrested, but this is a sitcom.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

how evil the way my mind just wandered that Dottie somehow set this all into motion to get her back with the family 

You mean Dottie might have hired Jared to seduce Cristina and then file a sexual harassment complaint to get Christina fired so she would come back to MaxDot and be under Dottie’s control? 
Definitely possible. 
But if that happened, it better backfire on Dottie hilariously.

All ideas for this outcome are acceptable.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2022 at 11:27 AM, possibilities said:

I liked the idea someone had, for having Bob explore volunteer work. 

And, if they wanted that to create conflict for storylines, the volunteering could be at the hospital, the church or Dele's school...

As for Christina - as much as I cringed at the way she got fired, I'm overall just SO relieved we'll soon never again have to hear the name "Toesy Woezy". Honestly, worst product name ever!

• Love 1