Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Lamia

Wait. Frye has "loved ones"? I mean, besides himself? Just kidding. Sort of. Is Adriana's sister still alive?

NOTE: FX permits airing of episodes of The Bridge On Demand starting, I think, the day after the previous episode, which would be 6 days before the "air date." Comments below reflect this.

Edited by shapeshifter

Oh man, Eleanor has Adriana, Daniel, Sonya, and Hank's names in her ledger. Not good. And Ray certainly didn't make a good first impression.

The first target was Adriana; well her poor girlfriend. Lucy put up a hell of a fight and it looks like she managed to kill her attacker but she also looked dead to me. Adriana kept saying "stay awake" but I didn't see any movement from her. I figure Adriana will now be completely devastated and give up the investigation or she & Daniel will go all out in pursuing the story. When I saw Adriana & Daniel taking a tour of the house of doom, I got the awful feeling it my be them laying in the pools of blood from the premiere. 

Cagey is Eleanor's rapist father. Castrated and turned into a pet by Fausto. I can't decide who is more frightening: Eleanor or Fausto. Cesar is fortunate he did not accidentally touch Eleanor while they sat in his car. It would not have ended well for him at all.

Marco is one savvy man. I'm not sure who has the upper hand between him & Robles but it appears he saved his skin while also guaranteeing Eva & Sonya are not harmed. Yay Marco! And he still had time for some sexy times.

Jim Dobbs killed a girl 6 months before he killed Lisa? Hank shot an unarmed Jim? Sonya is mad at Hank & Jack? I don't see why this story had to be revisited. It has no bearing on the current storylines except that Hank may now be in trouble for shooting an unarmed man 15 years ago and Sonya is full of more angst.

• Love 1

Jim Dobbs killed a girl 6 months before he killed Lisa? Hank shot an unarmed Jim? Sonya is mad at Hank & Jack? I don't see why this story had to be revisited. It has no bearing on the current storylines except that Hank may now be in trouble for shooting an unarmed man 15 years ago and Sonya is full of more angst.

Well I think it is a good thing,cause we are done with this story and it would give the chance to Sonya to move on (ok...well maybe). It was heartbreaking when she learned the truth. especially the scene at the police station with Hank...

Marco is smart enough to use the corrupted system in  his favor. For now at least, cause I am not that sure I could trust Robles with any kind of deal.

So Fausto Galvan is fed up hiding and wants to go and see the fjords. Aaaawww.

Maybe this is how Marco,Sonya and co will survive, Fausto might decide to  end his mexican  drug lord days  and move to Norway (or even better to Sweden and be the next super villain for Bron/Broen! - one can always hope). 
Why he said "goodbye" to Marco? or it was just pleasantries? 

Adrianna and Daniel are now in Eleanor's books, next to Hank and Sonya's names.
They started with Adrianna,  I hope her gf will survive..
I cant tell the same for Ray and Charlotte.
Who will be next? 
Shall we start a betting pool?

In other news, Caesar  could end up as Eleanor new best friend.
Oh and we are done with Tate. For good.

The episode's biggest question though was how much angst Sonya can cope with?
First she learns Marco made a deal with Robles, then the news about her sis and the other victim, then Hank's actions, broke up with the Bro, and at the end she went to the other girl's family... 
Imagine if  she was also aware she is in Eleanor's notebook...
I wonder if  she will have a  kind of  outburst/breakdown anytime soon..dunno how ppl with Aspergers react, but she is  under lots of pressure and I dont predict any easier days ahead of her. 

Edited by Zaffy
(edited)

Best moment in this episode was Cesar reluctantly handing over his faux Twilight book to Eleanor. I was afraid that would be enough grounds for her to kill him so I'm glad he's still around.

Poor Fausto. I hope he runs off to Norway. Maybe afterward he will go see the Northern Lights in Alaska (further disproving Bobby Cobb's theory that Mexicans don't like the cold).

Cagey is Eleanor's rapist father. Castrated and turned into a pet by Fausto.

I thought it was the actual rapist, not the rapist's father. Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Best moment in this episode was Cesar reluctantly handing over his faux Twilight book to Eleanor. I was afraid that would be enough grounds for her to kill him so I'm glad he's still around.

Poor Fausto. I hope he runs off to Norway. Maybe afterward he will go see the Northern Lights in Alaska (further disproving Bobby Cobb's theory that Mexicans don't like the cold).

I thought it was the actual rapist, not the rapist's father.

I think bunnyblue meant Eleanor's rapist/father, same person.

So Fausto Galvan is fed up hiding and wants to go and see the fjords. Aaaawww.

Maybe this is how Marco,Sonya and co will survive, Fausto might decide to  end his mexican  drug lord days  and move to Norway (or even better to Sweden and be the next super villain for Bron/Broen! - one can always hope). 

Why he said "goodbye" to Marco? or it was just pleasantries? 

Adrianna and Daniel are now in Eleanor's books, next to Hank and Sonya's names.

They started with Adrianna,  I hope her gf will survive..

I cant tell the same for Ray and Charlotte.

Who will be next? 

Shall we start a betting pool

I felt a twinge of sympathy for Fausto as he forlornly sat in his hidey-hole dreaming about seeing fjords, but then I remembered what a monster he is and all the sympathy went "poof". I think his "Goodbye, Marco Ruiz" was meant as a final farewell to Marco. Whether that means he expects to die or plans to flee to Norway remains unclear. 

As for the death pool, mine changed a bit from last week. Now I think at the top of the list is Adriana, Daniel, and Hank. Followed by Eva and Linder. Marco & Sonya are now far down the list, for me. Of course I do expect some of the bad guys to die. But I don't worry about losing them.

I think bunnyblue meant Eleanor's rapist/father, same person.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Edited by bunnyblue

About the betting pool, I read this on an interview   and it is a spoiler so... 

they make a move on Sonya and kidnap her and let her die in the desert or something. But since it doesnt happen in the finale I suppose she lives. For now.

There are several shows where the episodes are released by the network the week before they air on television (for example, Nurse Jackie and Californication). The moderators here have said that the episodes can be discussed in the specific episode threads once the episode is available, even if that's before the official airdate. Episodes of The Bridge have been available On Demand a week before they air all season.

Am I the only one who believe most of these posts are spoilers? If I miss an episode that's "my bad", but if the episode has not been shown WTF?  Aren't there rules against this?

As ElectricBogoloo wrote, the episode is available on-demand. Don't read the episode thread if you haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled! (I say that as advice, not snark or scorn -promise). Unlike me, who clicked on Zaffy's post clearly marked as a spoiler, and now I'm mad, damnit!

• Love 2

As ElectricBogoloo wrote, the episode is available on-demand. Don't read the episode thread if you haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled! (I say that as advice, not snark or scorn -promise). Unlike me, who clicked on Zaffy's post clearly marked as a spoiler, and now I'm mad, damnit!

I am sorry LF, I was just reading a bloody interview and oops there were the spoilers....without any warning! I had been keeping it for almost a month, I couldnt last anymore. At least now we share :D

Edited by Zaffy

I am sorry LF, I was just reading a bloody interview and oops there were the spoilers....without any warning! I had been keeping it for almost a month, I couldnt last anymore. At least now we share :D

No worries - it was totally my fault! You did, of course, use the spoiler tag! I kinda thought maybe it was a spoiler for this or the next episode, or I just wasn't really thinking. Anyway, you didn't give that much away, and I'll still watch and enjoy the show.

Cagey is Eleanor's rapist father. Castrated and turned into a pet by Fausto. I can't decide who is more frightening: Eleanor or Fausto.

Fausto seems to have adopted her, so I guess she is his protogé.

Best moment in this episode was Cesar reluctantly handing over his faux Twilight book to Eleanor.

I loved it when she smiled slightly and told him, "There is no shame in that." What had he said exactly? "I get caught up in the stories" or ???

Interesting that the fate I thought most suitable for the guy Eva killed was pretty close to the fate of Eleanor's rapist/father.

Good point made by Jack, that both he and Sonya were hoping to use each other to figure things out and get closure.

I don't know if Lucy makes it, but she was damn brave and lucky that she was able to able to kill her attacker.

I was glad that Sonya said good by to Dobbs that was not a healthy relationship. I really hope that Hank does not turn himself in to the DA. better to let sleeping dogs lie.

My poor Marco so corrupted, but always horny.I want Robles with his smug smile dead, dead, dead. Good bye and good riddance to David Tate.

Charlotte might end up dead, but I am glad that she came to her senses after that conversation with lunatic Eleanor and is trying to get out alive.

The previews look crazy good. Eva and Linder are going all High Plains Drifter on her rapists making me fear for their lives.

• Love 1
I still want to know why Eleanor's family was in a Mexcian village.

I read a while back that there was a trend of Mennonite immigration to Mexico. I'd assume her family was part of that. That story of Cagey was chilling. And Ray is such a fool.

So who sent Nurse Ratched to Tate? Fausto or Marco?

My guess is Fausto. He'd have the means, and I think he was in a funk pining for the fjords and thinking that acting on his difference of philosophy with Marco about vengeance and suffering would make him feel better.

Edited by lulee

Cesar's scene with Eleanor was illuminating in that he walked to her side of the car to open the door, hesitated, and turned around to his side of the car.  I think he knew what was coming toward him and he had better behave.

Ray.  If you're going to act stupid, guy, pick your audience more carefully.  You don't have the stones to back it up.  Quite possibly he will find that out sooner rather than later.  Charlotte seems to be a bit more aware, but I think she's still a bit in the waitress-turned-socialite mode and doesn't quite know where she is or where she's going.

Sonya is devastated that her hero Hank actually dropped Dobbs in the hotel room.  In all her time as a police officer, she never came across a situation where the cops bent or broke the rules?  Granted,  not on the scale of murder, but I would have thought she would be more world aware by now.

Fausto, I think, knows in his heart that he can never leave his lifestyle.  He is trapped by the knowledge that he won't be able to function in any society where he isn't the boss, and his only tools are terror and vengeance, no matter how much money he has. 

It didn't look great for Lucy, but do we know for sure that she's dead?

One other question - Jack seemed to be admitting to Sonya that he'd lied about something. Was it just that he's guilty of lying by omission, by not revealing his suspicions earlier that his brother killed someone else? Or was it something else altogether?

I loved this episode, from beginning to end. Man, do I hope this show doesn't get cancelled.

Edited by Blakeston

Damn, mad respect to Lucy for taking out the attacker.  But, if she's dead, then things just suck for poor Adriana.  Her younger sister gone and now this?  Why must Emily Rios characters, suffer?

I would like to thank whoever it was that found a way to get Daniel and Ray in a scene together.  Getting those two jackasses in the same room was pure entertainment every minute!  While both were very entertaining, Daniel wins tonight, because Ray?  Is just so fucking stupid.  He would be the one to try and take a hard stance against Eleanor.  Good thing that Charlotte was there to at least save that meeting on some level, but I have a feeling that Ray and his big mouth might not be long in this world.  I'm glad Cesar at least knows what's up!

So, Sonya finds out what really happened to Hobbs, and what Hank did.  She clearly is upset over it, but doesn't seem to be flat-out done with Hank for good, at least.  On the other hand, it seems like her time with Jack might be at the end.  Turns out that, when they were younger, he suspected his brother might have killed before, but didn't say anything.  Yeah, that would do it.  But, I wouldn't be too surprised if he shows up again.

Farewell, David Tate!  Eric Lange was good, but it's time for him to get out of the way, and have Marco now be involved with the case, and dealing with Robles and Fausto.  That said, that scene where Fausto was complaining about what his lifestyle has become is interesting.  I wonder where they are heading with him?

I was so tense during that classroom scene, waiting for Marco to lose it under the pressure,of  all the innocent questions the children were asking that were like daggers to his guilty soul. 

Fausto made it clear to Marco that he was going to finish off Tate. He couldn't even let Marco have the revenge he wanted.

I found Sonya a little annoying in this episode. Boo hoo, the men in your life have lied to you. And yet, altogether I'd say they are good men who genuinely care for her. Even the serial killer's brother seemed to be an okay guy in the end. She might want to make sure she gets away with her illegal shooting and coverup  in Mexico before she starts pointing fingers at  anybody.

• Love 4

"What's this little room for?"  I don't suppose there's a stash room planned for every house in that development, but maybe. 

I feel worse for Jack than for Sonya.  He was only 13, for pete's sake.  Someone needs to tell Sonya that even if Dobbs had lived, he probably wouldn't have been able to explain why he chose Lisa. 

• Love 3

Even though Fausto is a monster, I always find him sort of charming when he is not in sadist mode. He has a quirky inner life. I wonder if interest in the fjords is a nod to the show's Scandinavian origins.

I didn't realize that Jack was only 13 when Jim was serial killing. I had imagined him an adult and far more deeply implicated than he turned out to be.

Charlotte seems doomed to be machete chum now that she's going to work as an informer for the DEA. I'm still not sure who the other victims are, although Ray seems a natural target.

• Love 1

" he suspected his brother might have killed before, but didn't say anything."

I realize Sonya lives in her own world about what's right and when it's right. But to say her sister would be alive if Jack had said something is as ridiculous as getting angry with Hank because he admitted to killing Dobbs in cold blood, especially after he told her why he killed him that way.

God I love The Bridge. How nice to see a show that thrives in it's third season instead of getting all haywire. It's great to see all these seemingly little threads from varying plots start to come together.

I'm kind of intrigued about how Sonya will react in the coming episodes to the varying lies from Marco, Hank and Jack. I mean, I can fully see why they all did it. I'd actually give Jack a pass because he was only thirteen and Marco and Hank blatantly committed crimes, yet I totally get why they did what they did. Lying has always been a big thing for Sonya, but she is a very pragmatic and level headed person, so I'd imagine she'll come to understand. That being said, she found out her surrogate father lied about murdering someone (plus he kind of implied he did it for her, which kind of puts the burden on her a little even though I don't think that was Hank's intention), she's dealing with her partner killing two crooked cops protect himself, her, Eva and Hank, and she just found out her sort-of-boyfriend had information that could have possibly prevented the murder of her sister. I mean, she found all that shit out on the same fucking day. That would be a ton of stress for anyone, let alone someone with all the baggage Sonya hauls around all day.

The previews look crazy good. Eva and Linder are going all High Plains Drifter on her rapists making me fear for their lives.

I cannot adequately express how psyched that snippet made me. I'm still hoping they never ever hook up, but I am so down for them going vigilante on her rapists.

Damn, mad respect to Lucy for taking out the attacker.  But, if she's dead, then things just suck for poor Adriana.  Her younger sister gone and now this?  Why must Emily Rios characters, suffer?

I would like to thank whoever it was that found a way to get Daniel and Ray in a scene together.  Getting those two jackasses in the same room was pure entertainment every minute!  While both were very entertaining, Daniel wins tonight, because Ray?  Is just so fucking stupid.  He would be the one to try and take a hard stance against Eleanor.  Good thing that Charlotte was there to at least save that meeting on some level, but I have a feeling that Ray and his big mouth might not be long in this world.  I'm glad Cesar at least knows what's up!

That break in scene with Lucy was goddamn stressful. Props to her for taking that bastard out. I hope for Adriana's sake she's not dead. He sister is missing and likely dead and it would be awful if her girlfriend died too.

LOL at Daniel and Ray. I loved the look on Daniel and Adriana's faces when Ray said he was the manager/co-owner. They were like, "This asshole? Woooow." I can't help it you guys, I know Daniel is an asshole but he and Adriana are one of my favorite duos on TV. If anything happens to that screwed up little pairing I will be very sad. I'm kind of prepping myself for something awful to happen because Eleanor has their names but still. I love them. I would fully watch a show where they open a P.I. firm and solve crimes.

I wonder if Eleanor would be in a position to take over for Fausto if he ever died? Or, if he ever decided to move to Norway to be near his beloved Fjords.

Edited by hardy har
  • Love 1

Called it that Cagey was Eleanor's father who molested her and that he'd been physically messed with. I thought fire but castrated and tortured works. Besides the torture to make him a "pet" may have involved fire for all we know.

The part I am left wondering about is ...what lead Fausto to offering Eleanor her revenge? When she first "met her demons" did he meet her and find out she is some kind of math genius or something? What exactly does she do that she is so valuable to the cartel? I'm going with the theory that she is really good at creative accounting and so Fausto offered her revenge on her father for her skills and unwavering loyalty.

I imagined the actress's voice answering the advice questions in the write up linked to above. It is one of the funniest yet in character things I have ever read.

I appreciate the way the story fits together in a way that doesn't have that making-it-up-as-we-go-along feel. I mean, we now arrive at a point where Sonia, for whom there is no compromise when it comes to telling the truth and obeying laws--becomes aware that the three men in her life (surrogate father, lover, and partner) are surviving by violating the commandments to not lie and/or not kill.

I loved the cold opening of Fausto getting interrupted while on the pot. No wonder he's constipated, LOL.

Fausto became more human this episode. He told Marco that he would see to Tate's death for both Marco and himself--I don't think he could afford to risk that Tate would identify those who took out his eye--and then the way Tate smiled at Marco made me think Fausto did Marco a real favor in finally killing Tate. But what really made Fausto human was the way Marco talked to him like the childhood friend that he is.

I'm imagining Fausto getting to the fjords, liking the cold in spite of Ray Ray's racist/ignorant comment about Mexicans being unable to handle the cold (clearly Ray never lived in Chicago) but then Fausto getting shot down by a sharp shooter in the quiet snow. Maybe Ray is there too, and they see each other as they're both taken out--maybe by Cesar at Eleanor's bidding--not because they're bad guys, but just because they are risks that must be eliminated.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I realize Sonya lives in her own world about what's right and when it's right. But to say her sister would be alive if Jack had said something is as ridiculous as getting angry with Hank because he admitted to killing Dobbs in cold blood, especially after he told her why he killed him that way.

It seemed all to be in character for Sonya to react that way, but she didn't? couldn't? wouldn't? acknowledge that 13-year old Jimmy only suspected that his brother did something to the other girl (Mindy?) and got dirt on himself. She as a detective should know that that's not much to go on. How could he have gone to the police with that information? Or how could it have led anywhere if he had? And it wouldn't have given the girls' family peace and it wouldn't have saved Lisa. I wonder if she will come to realize any of that by season's end.

I think her relationship with Hank is damaged permanently, She may accept him again but never forgive him, I think.

Called it that Cagey was Eleanor's father who molested her and that he'd been physically messed with. I thought fire but castrated and tortured works. Besides the torture to make him a "pet" may have involved fire for all we know.

If it was done with fire, I don't think there would have been much of anything to feed that poor dog with.

I can understand her being angry at Hank. While her obsession with "why did he choose my sister" is pretty odd to me, I think there are a bunch of reasons why someone in her situation would resent what Hank did.

It meant she never got to really confront the man who killed her sister. It meant she didn't get to see the system find him guilty. And it means she has to live with the knowledge that Hank's crime was done (at least partly) in her name.

And Ray is such a fool.

After Eleanor's supremely creepy story, it looked like the brain cells were starting to rev up.

Cesar's scene with Eleanor was illuminating in that he walked to her side of the car to open the door, hesitated, and turned around to his side of the car.

Eleanor shook her head that she didn't want him to open the door. Cesar was probably warned about her, uh, quirks.

I would like to thank whoever it was that found a way to get Daniel and Ray in a scene together.  Getting those two jackasses in the same room was pure entertainment every minute!

I know. I loved that. I think Ray is dumber overall, but Daniel really likes to stir the shit. It's a miracle both of them have lasted this long.

I feel worse for Jack than for Sonya.  He was only 13, for pete's sake.

Same here. Jack made it clear he didn't fully understand what was going on.

While her obsession with "why did he choose my sister" is pretty odd to me

That seems completely natural to me. Nobody asks to be raped and murdered (I'm not saying this is what you mean, of course), but I would think the family would still want to know why their daughter was a victim. Why wasn't it someone else (as awful as that sounds)?

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the entire show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
Fausto became more human this episode.

It's interesting to me that his ballcap is scrunched just right so that it makes him look just like any other working stiff, yet he can order  wholesale murder at any point.

Daniel really likes to stir the shit

I laughed out loud when Ray asked them "Are you planning on squirting out some babies anytime soon" (Ray, you ain't no salesman either, but that's a different post), and Daniel replies "Something like that", which brings out the over-emphatic "NO!" from Adriana.

• Love 1

It's interesting to me that his ballcap is scrunched just right so that it makes him look just like any other working stiff, yet he can order  wholesale murder at any point.

I laughed out loud when Ray asked them "Are you planning on squirting out some babies anytime soon" (Ray, you ain't no salesman either, but that's a different post), and Daniel replies "Something like that", which brings out the over-emphatic "NO!" from Adriana.

I can understand her reaction,( it's appalling to think of Daniel fathering a child!) but it may have been safer for them to have stayed undercover -- pretended to be a young married couple looking for a new home.  Why broadcast to the bad guys that you're aiming to expose them to the world?

• Love 5

I can understand her reaction,( it's appalling to think of Daniel fathering a child!) but it may have been safer for them to have stayed undercover -- pretended to be a young married couple looking for a new home. Why broadcast to the bad guys that you're aiming to expose them to the world?

and Lucy suffered the collateral damage of Adriana's disclosure. Adriana will learn to keep things closer to the vest now.
Why broadcast to the bad guys that you're aiming to expose them to the world?

I was surprised they were so open about being reporters, too. I wonder how much they really expected Ray to know. He could have called himself anything to impress them. (And I think it was pretty clear he's kind of a dummy anyway.)

• Love 2

It was stupid in hindsight, but they did get a reaction from Ray -- they were sure they were on to something. 

Loved Charlotte listening to Eleanor's story, sitting there quietly, taking it all in and thinking "Holy shit, get me out of here."  Or was she thinking "That's what I wanna be when I grow up"?  Didn't Charlotte kill someone in S1?  Or help bury a body? 

• Love 1

We've talked about how this show casts people that look alike before---was the chick that Marco got with the same neighborly lady he boned before? At any rate, I really think Marco could pull hotter chicks than that. I could have done without their "love" scene.

Poor Kevin lost his sobriety. 

I felt sorry for him until I remembered his sobriety is his responsibility. Daniel was a complete asshole to use his addiction against him, but he didn't point a gun at Kevin's head and force him to drink (or do blow or whatever).

(I'm not contradicting you at all, KBilly. Just commenting further.)

Edited by dubbel zout

Initially I LOL'ed at their antics in the apartment but then when Kevin (have no idea what his name is on this show) realized what he had done, I felt bad for him. He came down from his high damn quick. I wouldn't be surprised to learn later that he killed himself. He just seemed so devastated. 

• Love 1

Sonya seems almost incapable of seeing that there are so many gray areas in life, yet she has been surprisingly accepting of Marco's ways, and he is a walking gray area.  'Tis a puzzlement.

Jack did The Right Thing by showing Sonya (the police) the body, which makes me suspect his motive.  Why did he fully excavate the body himself before showing it to Sonya?  (Bet the cops loved that.)  Perhaps making sure there wasn't anything there to incriminate himself?

I feel sorry for Hank.  

• Love 1

I couldn't figure out who the woman was in the bar and car with Marco. At first I thought Alma, since she knew him and about his job, but it obviously was not. Anyone know. Is he just cruising these days?

I really hope Adrianna's girlfriend isn't dead. That would be so traumatic for Adrianna.

And I wonder about the method of Tate's death. Why not just put some poison in his food or IV line?

I couldn't figure out who the woman was in the bar and car with Marco. At first I thought Alma, since she knew him and about his job, but it obviously was not. Anyone know. Is he just cruising these days?

i don't recall where we've seen her before, but I recall Marco said something to effect of, "I didn't know your daughter was dead.", implying they were at least acquaintances.

I am pretty sure the woman with Marco last night is the same woman he was socializing with on his balcony a couple episodes ago. I am glad that Marco is not alone. He needs someone who cares about him, even she does not know everything about him. She was right that if the cops in Juarez were like Marco so many young women would not disappear and when they did, their families would get real help finding them. Eva is only alive because Linder, Marco, Sonya, and Hank did everything they could to find and save her.

Jack should have told Sonya about his suspicions instead of sneaking around, stealing drawings, and going to dig up bodies. Regardless, it is good that Sonya is out of that relationship. It is simply was not healthy for her. I cannot believe that she will hold a grudge against Hank. There are not a lot of people in her life who love her unconditionally. She would be a fool to throw that away.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1