Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Ribbit and Rip it

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Not necessarily completely unknown. Just unknown to Jen.

Assuming D+ series have happened in chronological order

Hide contents

Kingpin is already a thing as seen in Hawkeye. It seems clear that they are rebooting Daredevil to some extent so the events of Netflix S1-3 aren't guaranteed, nor is the notion that Daredevil and Kingpin have ever crossed paths.

Though it's been a while, I was under the impression Matt slept with Claire during S1. 

A lot of people managed to get that impression for some reason.

Nah, never got to that. They had their first kiss, Matt went to work, he came back later that day and she broke it off w/ him. Pretty clearly there hadn't been any sex in that period, he was furiously chasing down the Russians, and she was still a mess after having them beat the shit out of her.

Editing to add- Let's face it, in the world of TV today, if two hot lead actors are having sex, no way is it happening completely offscreen😂

Edited by moonshine71
17 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

Did Matt get a new costume at the Daredevil series finale? I do not like this costume, I liked the all-burgundy one.

Daredevil being unknown in Los Angeles make sense. In the world of larger-than-life Avengers, minor superhero from Hell's Kitchen may not draw attention. My question is whether Matt is a California bar member. But he obviously is.

So Jennifer who is single and living alone have sex with a man. So fucking what? This is 2022 - assuming that that is also the date of the show.

2025-27, something like that. MCU jumped ahead 5 years between Infinity War and Endgame.

9 hours ago, Dani said:

More workout wear than swimsuit in my opinion. I didn’t love it but thought it looked way more comfortable and much less sexualized than what most women traditionally get. Particularly when her comic suit is a swimsuit. 

You're right!  For some reason, when I wrote my comment, I thought it was more like the comics version.  The shorts and sleeves didn't register until I rewatched it.  I need to pay more attention when I'm "watching" a show.marvel-prh-she-hulk-20211029.jpg.d7830a720d06744d89770dac7f6508bd.jpg

16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I knew something bad was going to happen as soon as Jenn reminded us that this was the episode before the season finale and that this episode seems to be building up to a twist, but instead of a red Hulk or a major character death, we get the Intelligencia trolls being the absolute fucking worst. Did I hear them say that Jenn "stole" the Hulks powers? Seriously? What a pack of assholes, they are just so disgusted by the very idea of a woman living her best life and daring to have consensual sex that they would do all of this to her? This is going to be rough going forward, but I hope that Jenn goes all She-Hulk smash on every single one of those assholes, especially Josh, the biggest monster in the entire MCU. These pathetic trolls deserve to be called out as the scum they are and to get the biggest comeuppance they can.

I was scrolling through the She-Hulk hashtag on Twitter, and the hit dogs are already hollering. They're whining about how the episode (and show of course) is an attack on men/reddit/4chan, blah blah blah and they can't wait for a show that's so unrealistic and hateful to be cancelled.  Personally, I find the show to be hilarious.

I don't watch every Marvel show because I don't like every Marvel hero, and some of the on-screen violence is a turn off but I have liked what I've watched.  If I don't like it, I stop and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

"Greasy old buffalo" is such a specific, and inaccurate, insult that it had me rolling. Luke Jacobson certainly has a way with words, doesn't he? 

It's so great seeing Matt again, and Charlie Cox is going to kill it in the MCU version of his show, which will likely let him be a bit less dour and serious. I appreciate him dropping into the show just to be Jen's hookup, because that's exactly the sort of thing the Daredevil comics used to do with all kinds of female characters (possibly including Jen, at one time or another).

Yes, people have been complaining that Matt made a couple of jokes, which is at odds with how serious he was in the Netflix show. But he came off here as a more confident and secure in his abilities as a vigilante. His whole act is more polished - attitude, suit, weapons, fighting style. But I will miss the grittier and less athletic fighting style of the Netflix show, because it had a feel of 'you can kick my ass, but not as badly as I'll kick yours' which really worked for Catholic Guilt Boy.

"Remind me again how many times you've broken into a warehouse full of goons?" I love it when the MCU is genre savvy and can poke fun at itself.

Then there was the whole bit about Jen pondering the twist - Red Hulk or getting fridged? And Nikki with the Wolverine brushes and snikt.

Leap Frog was appropriately lame, and another inspired choice for a z-list character that the show can have fun with. I like the idea of a spoiled rich kid making himself a superhero, or supervillain, just because he wants to feel special.

The bit at the end. Incels and losers shaming a woman for having sex? What else is new? Sadly. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

The bit at the end. Incels and losers shaming a woman for having sex? What else is new? Sadly. 

I think perhaps the Hulk King's idea here is that because they are stuffy old lawyers anything with a whiff of sexuality will cause them to clutch their pearls and faint in dismay. I would love it if the show subverted our expectations here and instead had an entire room full of lawyers now righteously pissed that some group of douchenozzles would even try to do this to one of their own. She-Hulk can handle the True Believers, the army of lawyers can deal with the goons.

3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

"Greasy old buffalo" is such a specific, and inaccurate, insult that it had me rolling.

That was fantastic. In no way does it describe Jen or She-Hulk but at the same time it stings that he thinks of her that way.

Daredevil was awesome, as expected. I also liked Jen hanging a lampshade on those Daredevil hallway fights feeling like they are half an hour long. Daredevil clears out the first few goons and is getting ready to take on half a dozen more when She-Hulk drops the ceiling on them and reminds us which show we are watching. There is a lot of subversion of expectations in this show and I love it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

She-Hulk's superhero outfit seemed weird to me. It looked like sports wear, which doesn't make sense for her character or seem like something that the fashion designer would design. But strangely, I thought it looked good when she shifted back to Jen.

It kind of makes sense to me. I mean she doesn't need a mask, because she does have a secret identity, she doesn't need armour/a helmet because she is pretty indestructible and she doesn't need a bunch of pockets for weapons and equipment because she just punches people. So it is basically about comfort and mobility and fitting when she turns back into Jen.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So it is basically about comfort and mobility and fitting when she turns back into Jen.

So if Jen goes to Chicago in the winter for a court case, will Luke make her an expandable puffy jacket? Or maybe a green Santa suit with faux ermine cuffs? 
Definitely tall boots, but they’d be ankle-height when Jen is She-Hulk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Really good episode. I loved Jen and Matt together, hopefully they keep in touch, and I would love to see more of them.

That ending was hard to watch, but I’m interested to see where it goes in the final episode. I really wish she had listened to Mallory and not gone into a Hulk rage, as understandable as her anger is. It just played into their hands and made things worse. I’m wondering if that was their plan; get her to go into angry hulk mode, and make people afraid of her. It’s understandable people would be frightened by a Hulk getting mad(look at what she did when not in an angry rage to the parking lot) and would be more likely to discredit her more then just slut-shaming. I’d be more worried by video of her angry rage then of her sleeping with someone.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Leap Frog was appropriately lame, and another inspired choice for a z-list character that the show can have fun with. I like the idea of a spoiled rich kid making himself a superhero, or supervillain, just because he wants to feel special.

When you put it like that, you reminded me Leap Frog here looked a lot like Kick-Ass. (Although I guess Red Mist would be the more appropriate comparison thematically.)

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Pretty sure Hulks are temperature resistant so they don't even need clothes at all other than for modesty's sake.  It looks good to me and I assume Bruce would wear something similar with no issues.  I know I would rather wear short sleeves and shorts if possible than long sleeves and pants.  I wear them in winter all the time and I am not blessed with Hulk powers.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2022 at 7:34 AM, paigow said:

This version of Daredevil is completely unknown beyond NYC??? I guess the Punisher & Kingpin have not happened yet.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Not necessarily completely unknown. Just unknown to Jen.

Not too surprising, since outside of Bruce, Jen hasn't met any other superheroes since becoming She-Hulk.  Plus most of the known superheroes are all seemingly based in New York while Jen is in California. There's definitely groundwork to start the West Coast Avengers...

• Like 1

I've enjoyed the entire season, but this was great. Loved seeing Matt again, not a fan of the new colors. It was fun seeing a flirty, less broody Matt. And it doesn't surprise me that Jen didn't know him. One of my fave comments about DD was the Avengers are out there saving universes, and Matt's micromanaging the shit out of like 8 blocks. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I just got caught up but when I heard that cane and then later saw Matt as DareDevil, along with the first chords of his theme music, I SQUEED!! And my hands were flailing just as when We first saw him in his costume on his show! @Dandesun knows what I mean. I was totally unspoiled and didn’t know Charlie would be guest starring! And since I loathe Karen, so happy to see him and Jen enjoy each other!🥰😍🥰

I have missed seeing Charlie on my screen. All that said, not a fan of the yellow/gold and red combination.

But man, that ending. Ruined an otherwise perfect episode. Oh the Horror! Jen, a single woman, actually having sex makes her a slut? Jaw dropped when I heard that and saw it in the closed captioning. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 7:41 AM, cdnalor said:

Loved seeing Daredevil again but not with that  color scheme.  There's a reason the comics dropped the yellow/red suit in favor of the deep red one early on.  Yech!

Absolutely but it was worth it for the mustard and ketchup joke. 

18 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

She-Hulk's superhero outfit seemed weird to me. It looked like sports wear, which doesn't make sense for her character or seem like something that the fashion designer would design. But strangely, I thought it looked good when she shifted back to Jen.

She took Bruce’s advice to heart. 
Best Friend Disney GIF by Marvel Studios

34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But man, that ending. Ruined an otherwise perfect episode. Oh the Horror! Jen, a single woman, actually having sex makes her a slut? Jaw dropped when I heard that and saw it in the closed captioning. 

Of course that was followed up by people in real life slut shaming Jen. I’ve seen a disturbing number of “but she is” comments. Which is why I loved the end despite it being such a tonal shift from the rest of the episode. How fitting that incels are the real villains of the story just like they are every time a show like this is made. 

I LOVE it when Jen talks to the camera. "Who's this asshole?" LOL. I don't think there's anyone else that could pull it off like Tatiana Maslany except maybe Robert Downey Jr. 

When she was like, y'all are feeling this too right? I was like we damn sure are. I think Charlie Cox has chemistry with everyone except Karen. That was some anti-chemistry and it gave me the creeps. I loved him being lighter here, I don't think he smiled this much in all three seasons of his show. I ship it. His "walk of shame" was the best.

Man, when those incels called her a slut, I was seeing green. I'm gonna be pissed if she's supposed to feel some kind of shame for getting so angry. I've got faith that this show is better than that.

It took me a minute to get into the suit but then I remembered how much I loved my one piece gym suit when I was in Jr. high. There are so many pictures of me at home wearing that thing. Yes I was a weirdo but it was comfy!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Yes, people have been complaining that Matt made a couple of jokes, which is at odds with how serious he was in the Netflix show. But he came off here as a more confident and secure in his abilities as a vigilante. His whole act is more polished - attitude, suit, weapons, fighting style. But I will miss the grittier and less athletic fighting style of the Netflix show, because it had a feel of 'you can kick my ass, but not as badly as I'll kick yours' which really worked for Catholic Guilt Boy.

It really isn't at odds with that, though. Matt displayed a sense of humor plenty of times on the Netflix show. Yeah, he was serious much of the time, but the situations he was facing were much more serious and for higher stakes than anything that was happening in this episode. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I don't have much to add other than someone needs to call the whammmbulance for the IRL incel trolls whose feewings are hurt by  seeing themselves in the show. Do better, assholes.

I laughed so hard at Matt's walk of shame that I scared my cats. That was great.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

I laughed so hard at Matt's walk of shame that I scared my cats. That was great.

I kept wondering why he was carrying his boots in the walk-of-shame.
So many possible reasons!
Is it because he could only find one in the morning?

screen-shot-2022-10-06-at-10-03-21-am-16

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I kept wondering why he was carrying his boots in the walk-of-shame.
So many possible reasons!
Is it because he could only find one in the morning?

screen-shot-2022-10-06-at-10-03-21-am-16

In a "traditional" walk of shame women (because the trope is only women have a walk of "shame") carry their shoes because they were wearing heels the night before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

In a "traditional" walk of shame women (because the trope is only women have a walk of "shame") carry their shoes because they were wearing heels the night before.

Yes. That was my first thought. But since his boots are not heels, I thought maybe there was something else. But it works as it is. And now I see he does have both boots:

image.png.3155d4d59b8ac9fbe70ecb08c5d10082.png

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes. That was my first thought. But since his boots are not heels, I thought maybe there was something else. But it works as it is. And now I see he does have both boots:

image.png.3155d4d59b8ac9fbe70ecb08c5d10082.png

How has this not evolved into the Uber / Lyft Of Shame????

• Fire 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Um, he spent the night with Jen so let's get this one thing straight... it's the stride of pride.

Especially if Jen & She-Hulk took turns with him....

Matt: Hey Foggy, I missed my flight... Remember you said women are complicated... That is an understatement....

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Um, he spent the night with Jen so let's get this one thing straight... it's the stride of pride.

I've never heard "stride of pride" before. It will now replace "walk of shame" in my vocab, for everyone.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, TV Anonymous said:

My question is whether Matt is a California bar member. But he obviously is.

So Jennifer who is single and living alone have sex with a man. So fucking what? This is 2022 - assuming that that is also the date of the show.

If one were to apply real-worldish rules to the law in the MCU, there would be little reason for Matt to have sought out a California bar license. He generally only takes cases that are in New York. One can apply to take on an individual case under pro hac vice status, which basically means you get a member of the local bar to vouch for you and you get to work on that case only despite not being admitted. I wasn't sure if the product liability case was being brought in state court or federal court. If it was in federal, at least hypothetically it may be that Matt being barred in federal court in NY would allow him to practice in federal court in CA since broadly speaking the relevant federal law would be the same. But I don't know that for sure.

Anyway, in the MCU, I believe we are several years after 2022. Up until Infinity War came out in 2018, what was depicted in the MCU was about the same time as the movies were released. But then there was the five year jump to Endgame, putting it in 2023, and everything that happened since has been a year or two after that. I don't know if there's "official" confirmation, but I imagine it is 2025 in She-Hulk's timeframe. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

f one were to apply real-worldish rules to the law in the MCU, there would be little reason for Matt to have sought out a California bar license.

In the comics, he is licensed in California. It’s a long story. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kirbyrun said:

In the comics, he is licensed in California. It’s a long story. 

Fair enough, but comics Matt Murdock was (at least up to when I was regularly reading comics, which was last probably 10-15 years ago)  pretty noted attorney who might have cases throughout the country.

Netflix Matt (who is apparently different from this Matt) started out fresh out of law school with basically no meaningful client list, and was mostly working for poor people in Hell's Kitchen. 

I'd guess MCU Matt doesn't have much reason to get a California license.

6 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Fair enough, but comics Matt Murdock was (at least up to when I was regularly reading comics, which was last probably 10-15 years ago)  pretty noted attorney who might have cases throughout the country.

Netflix Matt (who is apparently different from this Matt) started out fresh out of law school with basically no meaningful client list, and was mostly working for poor people in Hell's Kitchen. 

I'd guess MCU Matt doesn't have much reason to get a California license.

It’s also been at least 7 years in the MCU since the Netflix show ended. If he survived the snap it makes sense his career would be in a completely different place. 

12 minutes ago, Dani said:

It’s also been at least 7 years in the MCU since the Netflix show ended. If he survived the snap it makes sense his career would be in a completely different place. 

Also I can easily see how during the blip that a lot of places might have relaxed various professional licensing requirements. Like if California all of the sudden needed a lot of lawyers or doctors or engineers do deal with the fallout over the massive loss of people letting those people with licenses from other states get their California licenses easier would help that process.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Netflix Murdock had Frank Castle as a client... that was high profile national news

To be fair in the MCU that happened I think over 10 years ago. If someone mentioned to me the biggest legal case from 10 years ago I am not sure I could remember who the lawyers were and what they looked like (unless someone asked me that in 2005). 

Plus on top of that while it was a major case, it was relatively minor compared to all the other shit that has gone on in the MCU since then. Like that was pre-Ultron.

• Like 1
On 10/6/2022 at 7:33 AM, Ailianna said:

So sad and yet so typical of this kind of bad guy that a woman's worst "sin" is her sexuality. And this episode, actually part way through, I realized this series does have a Big Bad, and it isn't Titania. It's misogyny. That is the thing Jen (and Mallory and Nicki and even Titania) are really fighting all season.

They are fighting it because this show keeps heaving it into virtually every male character like green anvils. It is why I stopped watching She-Hulk after the first two eps.

I came back in ep 8 to see Daredevil, a character I loved in the Netflix series. Wow, this version of DD was embarrassing. Yes, the tone here is different from DD but ugh, still bad. I hate what Disney has done to superheroes.

My SO watched She-Hulk for the first time this ep and pronounced it “ridiculous.” For fun I showed her the last ep of the first season of DD and she liked it a lot, wants to watch that series now. “Why does She-Hulk make Daredevil look so stupid?” She asked. He’s a man, I replied.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Except there are a lot of non misogynist men in this story. Just off the top of my head, Bruce, Pud, Emil and the entire support group, Jen's dad and brother, Matt. It isn't an "anti-man" thing; it's about how some people (male and female) display misogyny. But you have to be willing to look at the world from someone else's point of view sometimes to get that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

I haven’t looked at the numbers but am guessing that if you looked at the male characters with prominent roles the clearly misogynistic ones don’t out number the non misogynistic ones. They even took one man who looked to be misogynistic, gave him depth and turning him into an ally for Jen. 

There were several men in the show that I loved. Probably more really good male characters (purely by the numbers) than female characters in fact. 

On 10/16/2022 at 10:54 PM, Ottis said:

They are fighting it because this show keeps heaving it into virtually every male character like green anvils. It is why I stopped watching She-Hulk after the first two eps.

I came back in ep 8 to see Daredevil, a character I loved in the Netflix series. Wow, this version of DD was embarrassing. Yes, the tone here is different from DD but ugh, still bad. I hate what Disney has done to superheroes.

My SO watched She-Hulk for the first time this ep and pronounced it “ridiculous.” For fun I showed her the last ep of the first season of DD and she liked it a lot, wants to watch that series now. “Why does She-Hulk make Daredevil look so stupid?” She asked. He’s a man, I replied.

Daredevil in She-Hulk seemed pretty similar to the way Mark Waid wrote him, to me. Not every superhero has to be grim and dour all the time, not even those who have been written by Frank Miller, a man famed for his misanthropy, misogyny and misguided attempts at storytelling, who brags about things like "giving Batman his balls back."

Daredevil is not all emo and Evanescence and he's not all gritty and fighting to the death all the time. The Netflix interpretation was cool, and bore a lot of similarities to something like Batman: Year One (also Frank Miller) - a vigilante getting started and experiencing a lot of painful setbacks as he learns how to best go about his vigilantism. I've already said I liked the self-punishing aspect of his fighting style, but that's not all the character is.

This is a more experienced, more confident Daredevil, and one who knew he wasn't in any sort of high stakes situation. Why shouldn't he make some jokes? More than that, he's guesting in She-Hulk where, just as in She-Hulk comics, the guest star can be less serious than in their own stories.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 10/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, Ailianna said:

Except there are a lot of non misogynist men in this story. Just off the top of my head, Bruce, Pud, Emil and the entire support group, Jen's dad and brother, Matt. It isn't an "anti-man" thing; it's about how some people (male and female) display misogyny. But you have to be willing to look at the world from someone else's point of view sometimes to get that.

Bruce ... Banner? Do you mean the guy who Jen spent most of an episode ridiculing for trying to mansplain to her what her life would be like as a Hulk? That was one of the first two episodes. I stopped watching at that point, after seeing the guys outside the bar hassle Jen, the conference room full of white, male lawyers acting like asses, oh, why go on, just read my posts from the first two eps. Keep in mind I never said misogynists. Sometimes it is as simple as making the male characters look stupid.

In any case, because I stopped watching, I don't know who Pud and Emil and the entire support group are. As for Matt, he existed before She-Hulk, so whatever small bit I saw where he wasn't somehow criticized (though he was essentially made fun of), came from outside this show.

WIthin limitations anyone has tied to their own experiences, I'm pretty good at seeing other points of view. That's why I recognized She-Hulk's point of view within two episodes. Now, if you *like* that point of view, I guess this show is for you.

11 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

More than that, he's guesting in She-Hulk where, just as in She-Hulk comics, the guest star can be less serious than in their own stories.

Totally get that. Just don't care for it, given how good the Netflix DD was. I think perhaps the error was choosing to put DD in She-Hulk vs. another superhero who would have fit that tone better. Maybe Jessica Jones. Or Iron Fist.

Edited by Ottis
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Ottis said:

Bruce ... Banner? Do you mean the guy who Jen spent most of an episode ridiculing for trying to mansplain to her what her life would be like as a Hulk? That was one of the first two episodes. I stopped watching at that point, after seeing the guys outside the bar hassle Jen, the conference room full of white, male lawyers acting like asses, oh, why go on, just read my posts from the first two eps. Keep in mind I never said misogynists. Sometimes it is as simple as making the male characters look stupid.

In any case, because I stopped watching, I don't know who Pud and Emil and the entire support group are. As for Matt, he existed before She-Hulk, so whatever small bit I saw where he wasn't somehow criticized (though he was essentially made fun of), came from outside this show.

WIthin limitations anyone has tied to their own experiences, I'm pretty good at seeing other points of view. That's why I recognized She-Hulk's point of view within two episodes. Now, if you *like* that point of view, I guess this show is for you.

Totally get that. Just don't care for it, given how good the Netflix DD was. I think perhaps the error was choosing to put DD in She-Hulk vs. another superhero who would have fit that tone better. Maybe Jessica Jones. Or Iron Fist.

If you haven't actually watched this episode, or in fact most of the show, I don't think you are qualified to comment on its content, to be honest.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Ottis said:

In any case, because I stopped watching, I don't know who Pud and Emil and the entire support group are.

Then why are you here? This is a thread about an episode you haven't bothered to watch and know nothing about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ottis said:

Bruce ... Banner? Do you mean the guy who Jen spent most of an episode ridiculing for trying to mansplain to her what her life would be like as a Hulk? That was one of the first two episodes.

He wasn't "mansplaining". He was telling her what it would be like based on his experience as a Hulk, which he up to that point was the only person on earth to live with.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

He wasn't "mansplaining". He was telling her what it would be like based on his experience as a Hulk, which he up to that point was the only person on earth to live with.

Whether "mother-splaining," daughter-splaining, or any other relative-splaining, (especially "sister-splaining" for me!) it can be really hard to accept advice from family members, no matter how qualified they are. 
I haven't rewatched the first episode since shortly after it aired, but I seem to recall the cousins' (Bruce and Jen) relationship was a lot like that of siblings with a history of competing with each other for attention and accolades.

So Jen naturally questioned a lot of Bruce's advice, and, yeah, the gender-experience difference came into the discussion, and was used as mostly a feature (rather than a bug) for the season's story of Jen's exploration of her new Hulk identity.

I thought it was a great season arc.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3