Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Spring Awakening

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, spunky said:

He's said himself that he leaves home around 12pm to ensure that everything is going well at the rooftop restaurant before opening and gets home around 2-3am because of the clean up after closing.

Why is the general manager of the restaurant involved in the clean up? Doesn't he have an asst. manager?  He should be able to be home long before 3am. I'm not buying his spiel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Axie said:

Wendy?  It’s li-BRARY. Not li-berry!  Thanks!  Sincerely, 2 degree Axie

I came here specifically for this! I rewound it several times to be sure I was hearing it right. Can we chalk it up to English not being her 1st language? Nah! 😂😂😂

• LOL 1

The problem with Gizelle's house is that the exterior looks like several houses of different styles thrown together. 

I don't want to see Peter Thomas again on a HW show (or anything else). He was right though about restaurants (and other new businesses) not being profitable for years. He didn't tell Wendy that 60% of new restaurants close within a year, and 80% in less than five. 

Ashley didn't say anything about Michael selling the DC penthouse. So, he will probably stay there, will not film (I'm not upset about this), and live his life. She will have the kids, and maybe own half of a house- we don't know yet. And this is her season storyline.

Ashley's "dress" in the Spring Party looked like a bikini with a bottom coverup. 

Robyn mentioned she was the breadwinner, so the townhouse being on her name only reflects that.

Mia's face looks different. I won't make any comments about her health issues until we know more details.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It just to me makes her look foolish like really you are clutching your pearls about Ashly when Juan walked in on you episode one wearing a whole wedding dress? Like you stayed living with your ex what are you not understanding? She should be the most understanding of Ashly at this point I thought .. not this weird thing she is doing 

Robyn is saying buying a house with somebody you are actively divorcing is weird.  But at any rate, out of anyone on the cast, it's Robyn who deserves to have a ki'ki at Ashley's expense after Ashley rode her for 3 seasons for doing the same thing with Juan that Ashley is now doing with Michael.  Robyn should give Ashley the exact same level of sympathy and sorrow Ashley gave her for 3 seasons...which is none.

Whether Ashley & Michael are divorcing or not, a penthouse is no place for 2 young boys to grow up in.  Ashley and the boys need a house ...and Ashley needs a lawyer to protect herself whether she divorces Michael or stays. 

1 hour ago, Marley said:

Gizelle’s house doesn’t seem that bad to me. I don’t get all the hate lol. Maybe I just live in crappy houses lol.

The reason it's bad is because it looks like a Lego house just slapped together. For what Gizelle paid for the original house/land and reconstruction of the house, she could've bought a $2 million house and called it a day.

Robyn mentioned she was the breadwinner, so the townhouse being on her name only reflects that.

She has a brand new house, they're not in the townhouse anymore.  She's been talking about the challenges of furnishing it during the pandemic on the podcast, such as having custom made window treatments arriving 10 inches too short and whoever made the window treatments saying it would be months before new ones could be installed or having to have 2 washers and 2 dryers because Juan brings home the team uniforms to wash at home.

Because new construction townhouses around here are starting around $600-700K and she's in a single family home, I will say her new home cost at least $900K.  Candiace's house (in the next county over) was about a million too.

If Ashley wants a SF home in Arlington, the house will cost at least a million dollars ---a 1979 tri-level is like $800K in Arlington.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Why is the general manager of the restaurant involved in the clean up? Doesn't he have an asst. manager?  He should be able to be home long before 3am. I'm not buying his spiel. 

Having worked in many, many restaurants, clean up is absolutely NOT part of job description of GM at places I've worked. In fact, if he "comes in at noon", there is no way he's closing a restaurant, as well.

Candiace and Chris are 4 season deep in this show and still incapable of getting real with the audience.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Isn't Juan coaching any longer? 

eta Per Wikipedia, he's still coaching at Coppin State. He must make about what Robyn makes.

I doubt he makes anything close to what Robyn makes - she has her salary from BRAVO which is considerable plus payment for personal appearances plus monetizing all of her social media. I would add income from the hats but I have no idea whether that is really any kind of successful business. But at any rate at this point she would make more than him

My very cursory googling indicated that his annual salary was about $100,000 - I don't know if there are bonuses but Robyn's base salary for HW far exceeds that. I doubt whether that basketball camp he runs is a huge money maker either especially since it would have not been open for the past two summers because of COVID

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Head coaches at Division 1 schools make far more than $100k. Juan is probably in the mid 6 figures. Top coaches make tens of millions. 

I don't follow Robyn on SM, so I had no clue she was monetized. It's hard to say what Bravo is paying this cast, but I doubt it's anywhere near BH or ATL going rates. Even Jersey. No way is anyone on this cast, even the Grande Dame, making 7 figures.

Wendy?  It’s li-BRARY. Not li-berry!  Thanks!  Sincerely, 2 degree Axie

Is it powered by nuke-u-lar energy?

I kind of like Charisse being back.

It could lead to some interesting dynamics among the HWs.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 1

Ashley did go hard for Robyn in the early seasons and spread rumors that Juan had a girlfriend. I don’t blame Robyn for now commenting on their weird marriage/separation.
I normally don’t defend Chris but restaurants are short staffed big time right now. It’s possible he is putting in long hours. He might not be scrubbing pots but he’s probably busy.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Robyn is saying buying a house with somebody you are actively divorcing is weird.  But at any rate, out of anyone on the cast, it's Robyn who deserves to have a ki'ki at Ashley's expense after Ashley rode her for 3 seasons for doing the same thing with Juan that Ashley is now doing with Michael.  Robyn should give Ashley the exact same level of sympathy and sorrow Ashley gave her for 3 seasons...which is none.

Whether Ashley & Michael are divorcing or not, a penthouse is no place for 2 young boys to grow up in.  Ashley and the boys need a house ...and Ashley needs a lawyer to protect herself whether she divorces Michael or stays. 

The reason it's bad is because it looks like a Lego house just slapped together. For what Gizelle paid for the original house/land and reconstruction of the house, she could've bought a $2 million house and called it a day.

She has a brand new house, they're not in the townhouse anymore.  She's been talking about the challenges of furnishing it during the pandemic on the podcast, such as having custom made window treatments arriving 10 inches too short and whoever made the window treatments saying it would be months before new ones could be installed or having to have 2 washers and 2 dryers because Juan brings home the team uniforms to wash at home.

Because new construction townhouses around here are starting around $600-700K and she's in a single family home, I will say her new home cost at least $900K.  Candiace's house (in the next county over) was about a million too.

If Ashley wants a SF home in Arlington, the house will cost at least a million dollars ---a 1979 tri-level is like $800K in Arlington.

A single family home in Arlington is over one million dollars

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, StillHere said:

Having worked in many, many restaurants, clean up is absolutely NOT part of job description of GM at places I've worked. In fact, if he "comes in at noon", there is no way he's closing a restaurant, as well.

Candiace and Chris are 4 season deep in this show and still incapable of getting real with the audience.

Judging from her podcast/ their lives. She's very loyal to him and she completely trusts him because their relationship was built on friendship and she sees him as her partner/best friend. Therefore she believes whatever he tells her because she doesn't think her husband would ever lie to her or even be unfaithful.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Head coaches at Division 1 schools make far more than $100k. Juan is probably in the mid 6 figures. Top coaches make tens of millions. 

I don't follow Robyn on SM, so I had no clue she was monetized. It's hard to say what Bravo is paying this cast, but I doubt it's anywhere near BH or ATL going rates. Even Jersey. No way is anyone on this cast, even the Grande Dame, making 7 figures.

I don't claim independent expertise but since it is a state school the salaries are available on line and they aren't that high.

Maybe there are bonuses that increase the salary.

However the reality is that at this point Robyn makes significantly more money than Juan. Enough so that she was able to purchase a relatively expensive home on her own credit.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, spunky said:

Judging from her podcast/ their lives. She's very loyal to him and she completely trusts him because their relationship was built on friendship and she sees him as her partner/best friend. Therefore she believes whatever he tells her because she doesn't think her husband would ever lie to her or even be unfaithful.

@spunky I just want to thank you for being on the case. I don't follow much social media or many podcasts, so there's a lot going on around these shows I'm not aware of. You've been coming through on this thread, giving me insight into what Candi-Girl is up to these days.

• Love 1

Loved Gizelle's flowery jumpsuit. Suited her.

Low-blow to Juan for Robyn to state that she is the breadwinner. Perhaps she wants us to think she is finally solvent. I thought she and Juan were building a home together?

I think Michael will buy a house, put it in an LLC and possibly in a trust (very common), let Ashley live in it rent-free, possibly make her a minority partner in the LLC, and treat it as a long-term investment. I think if they divorce she will walk away with only child support.

Did Ashley have face work done?

I don't understand Mia's confusing diagnosis story. Cancer is easily confirmed quickly via tests, unless it's something extremely rare. I'm guessing any lumps are from auto-immune disease due to so many cosmetic procedures or are errant lymph nodes, which can go rogue but be harmless. Guess stupid Mia is going the Vicki Gunvalson route.

Marylanders, where is Mia's home? There's a Potomac Village near Point of Rocks, MD, and a Potomac Village development in Virginia. I don't think she's "back in Potomac."

Laughing at Karen, who starts each season all fluttery about profanity and vulgarity, and by mid-season she's in the gutter with the rest of them. That comment that Karen is "visiting a man who is not Ray" is not surprising. We've heard and seen this before. And the editors' shade: "Karen's rental."

Candiace and Chris are that couple who bicker non-stop. They are so over each other that I don't think they even have hate-sex. Since her income exceeds his, he needs to find another sugar mama, STAT.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, eXiled said:

@spunky I just want to thank you for being on the case. I don't follow much social media or many podcasts, so there's a lot going on around these shows I'm not aware of. You've been coming through on this thread, giving me insight into what Candi-Girl is up to these days.

You're welcome.  Some of my Intel is old, because hurricanes Fiona and Ian, along with relocating to DC have been keeping me busy.  For all I know Candiace probably dyed her hair blonde.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

“Candiace and Chris are that couple who bicker non-stop. They are so over each other that I don't think they even have hate-sex."

Depends on how much Candyass is over his perfectly big brown dick, I suppose.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Juan did not have a good night. After an hour everyone learned that he was not the breadwinner of the house, and that his name isn't even on the house. Nice that they applied for the marriage license because after last night's episode a marriage was looking pretty unlikely. I still don't think Gizelle should have shared that info on camera about her friend. It's a smart move no doubt, but she could have told Ashley in private. 

That's okay. Michael might be available and he would probably be happy to set Juan up in one of his LLC trust houses like he's doing for Ashley.

I think Ashely is happy as long as Michael maintains her to the life she has become accustomed to (quoting horrible Mama Joyce from Atlanta) and does not give a shit about what he's doing otherwise as long as he pays the bills.

This show was filmed several months ago. For all the social media savvy sleuths on the board are Michael and Ashley divorced yet or are they just separated?

Mia and Charisse's fake breasts look so hard. It feels like it will hurt to hug them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
56 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Low-blow to Juan for Robyn to state that she is the breadwinner. Perhaps she wants us to think she is finally solvent. I thought she and Juan were building a home together?

Why is it a low blow for Robyn to state she is the breadwinner? I actually like this role-reversal ...most of the cast takes pride in and bases their self worth on their husband's coins, not their own. Robyn is the only cast member where it's the reverse. If Juan feels emasculated because Robyn now makes way more money than him, that's his problem.

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Marylanders, where is Mia's home? There's a Potomac Village near Point of Rocks, MD, and a Potomac Village development in Virginia. I don't think she's "back in Potomac."

The only cast member that lives in Virginia is Ashley.  Everyone else is in Maryland.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Based on Ashley’s appearance on WWHL they are not divorced but six months into their legal separation. 

Ashley negotiated or more accurately renegotiated her prenup so I would imagine she would walk away with several million as well as very good child support. 

It is not that uncommon for a wealthy ex to own the house the other spouse lives in with the children. If they actually wind up divorced, she and the children can live in the house rent free as part of the child support arrangement or she could buy her own house from whatever she gets as part of the settlement. But there probably isn’t any financial incentive for her to put her own money into an expensive home so long as she is guaranteed the right to live in the house owned by the LLC. I would imagine all of their real estate is owned by some kind of trust or corporate identity anyway and I don’t think Ashley is on the deed for their penthouse anyway. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm on my lunch break and being nosy. Most of Twitter thinks Ashley is using her "divorce" as a storyline because Nicki called her out during the season 6 reunion. 

Twitter also does not believe that Robyn and Juan will ever get married. And of course everyone is still making fun of Gizelle's fashion choices.

Chris has decided that he will die on the hill of "we weren't having an argument,  we were having a discussion, and the egg freezing journey has been great". He's also cursing out anyone who says anything negative about Candiace or their marriage. *You've been warned, proceed at your own risk.*

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If Ashley says she has to be separated for one year before filing for divorce why would she admit on camera to getting busy with Michael, that could jeopardize the original separation date thus delaying the divorce.

None of us understand what is going on with their relationship and even if it is crafted for a story line Ashley should have better understanding how to address the questions, what her plans are for the future, what people will and will not buy as explanations, etc...she has done none of the homework.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Years ago, my mom walked in the house, looked at us and dramatically said "I have cancer."  Then she walked out the room.  

Of course it turned out to be something else (don't remember), but IIRC she was informed by her doctor that she had cancer.  Maybe Mia went through the same thing?  I'd be all 'FUCK YOU!' too if someone came up to me and said I was lying about something so serious.

Can't stand Mia's mom, she had two seconds of empathy for Mia then went back to her cold as ice look....heiffa don't want her $$ train to derail, just like Ashley's mom.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Why is it a low blow for Robyn to state she is the breadwinner? I actually like this role-reversal ...most of the cast takes pride in and bases their self worth on their husband's coins, not their own. Robyn is the only cast member where it's the reverse. If Juan feels emasculated because Robyn now makes way more money than him, that's his problem.

I liked that Charisse and Robyn politely disagreed about someone getting half in a divorce, and that Charisse was consistent when Robyn asked her if Juan should now get half after a divorce. You could see she was thinking about it!

Robyn is an OG going into her seventh season, so I’d assume she is doing well for herself now.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 5:07 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Candiaces look in her talking head is distracting. The eye makeup looks terrible. 

What is with the thin little white line??

On 10/10/2022 at 2:42 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

Also, Dr. 4 Degrees did not look like she was following Peter’s numbers explanation and he was very clearly sounding like a grifter when he was doing it. That’s how people get conned and Wendy is an easy target.

He IS a grifter!  We all see it.  How does Wendy and her 400 degrees not see this?  He is going to get her $360,000 and leave town.

If somehow the restaurant ever does open up, it will cost her much more than that.  AND if it somehow makes it past 2 years and makes a profit (big if), she won't be getting big money for a while.

And the biggest thing that people don't know about owning a restaurant is that the owner basically lives there, they spend all of their time there and there is not much time for family, or anything else.  It is a HUGE sacrifice, and the spouse must be on board or it will be a big issue.  I know several families that own restaurants (diners and fancy) and usually the father runs it, and they never see him.  The kids accept this.  

On 10/10/2022 at 6:32 AM, eXiled said:

Mia loves to exaggerate. I've seen some viewers call her out as a pathological liar. She's terrible at it. I do hope, however, that she lied exaggerated about dropping 65k on someone else's house.

She is a liar, flat out.  I don't believe she paid 65k for anything.  I don't believe she has cancer - I bet she had a lump and they did a biopsy.  They were not looking for cancer in her lungs.  I am not a doctor but I know enough people with cancer to find her story and her DELIVERY very suspicious.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:51 PM, drivethroo said:

They are currently fighting on social media; don't know if the fighting started while filming took place.

Oooh what are they fighting about??

And Ashley may be a member of the LLC, if they have a Multi-member LLC.  There are a few different types.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

What is with the thin little white line??

He IS a grifter!  We all see it.  How does Wendy and her 400 degrees not see this?  He is going to get her %360,000 and leave town.

If somehow the restaurant ever does open up, it will cost her much more than that.  AND if it somehow makes it past 2 years and makes a profit (big if), she won't be getting big money for a while.

And the biggest thing that people don't know about owning a restaurant is that the owner basically lives there, they spend all of their time there and there is not much time for family, or anything else.  It is a HUGE sacrifice, and the spouse must be on board or it will be a big issue.  I know several families that own restaurants (diners and fancy) and usually the father runs it, and they never see him.  The kids accept this.  

I think the Peter scene is pretty much the equivalent of Sonya's toaster oven - it is a story line and it will never see the light of day or be heard from again after this season - hell maybe never heard from after this episode.

Hasn't Peter had a string of failures in the restaurant bar line?

A restaurant or club seems utterly random for Wendy as I don't recall her ever doing anything relating to food - to clubs - to music. It is as random as her candle line but at least with candles the upfront cost is minimal - buy some candles from aliexpress and slap your label on them.

Kandi's restaurant at least evolved from long term branding on her show. There were lots of scenes of the family gathering to eat the Old Lady Gang's food even before there was any idea of a restaurant. Kandi has the capital to actually be able to fund a restaurant and keep it going until it is profitable. She also has the money to purchase business advisors. I doubt Kandi opened up the restaurant without having the numbers run based on costs and market. My understanding based on what I have read is that the restaurant was a hit and very busy from the time it opened.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, amarante said:

I think the Peter scene is pretty much the equivalent of Sonya's toaster oven - it is a story line and it will never see the light of day or be heard from again after this season - hell maybe never heard from after this episode.

A restaurant or club seems utterly random for Wendy as I don't recall her ever doing anything relating to food - to clubs - to music. It is as random as her candle line but at least with candles the upfront cost is minimal - buy some candles from aliexpress and slap your label on them.

Kandi's restaurant at least evolved from long term branding on her show. There were lots of scenes of the family gathering to eat the Old Lady Gang's food even before there was any idea of a restaurant. Kandi has the capital to actually be able to fund a restaurant and keep it going until it is profitable. She also has the money to purchase business advisors. I doubt Kandi opened up the restaurant without having the numbers run based on costs and market. My understanding based on what I have read is that the restaurant was a hit and very busy from the time it opened.

People were eating there from the beginning, but there were health hazards. 

Old Lady Gang's inspection on July 14, 2021: The health department investigator noted the manager not "displaying active managerial control to prevent foodborne illness." Further, the official noted they saw sliced cheese, raw salmon, and sliced tomatoes being kept at a temperature above 41 degrees.

Old Lady Gang's was also inspected weeks prior on July 7, 2021. The official observed the main kitchen with no hand soap and also noticed the sliced cheese, raw hamburger, shrimp, chicken and crab cake weren't being stored at the proper temperature.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, amarante said:

Yes, so much so Cynthia had to bail him out financially. That Bar One Peter met up with Wendy is in Harbor East in Baltimore City, lot's of high dollar restaurants in that area but businesses in the city are taking a hit since the squeegee kid issues so bad that nobody wants to go downtown which makes me think Wendy is a stupid woman, aligning herself with Peter who tends to have businesses go under and wanting to start a risky venture in the city. 

Wait until she tells Eddie about the $200,000 check she has to write for start up money!

Has Wendy read any reviews from any of Peter's bars?  Does Wendy understand how working in hospitality can be challenging, has she ever worked in the industry?  

Why do all the HW's seem to gravitate toward vanity projects?

• Love 5

Robin's full of it.  She doesn't want to marry Juan anymore.  She's seeing things as "hers" rather than "theirs."  Which is fine, but just be honest about it.  Although I will say it's an interesting take considering she played a part in losing the big money he made, and now she doesn't want to share the money she makes.  And I will definitely say that if Juan has a problem with Robin making more money than him, that's on him and his insecurity.  Who has time for a man like that?

Dr. Wendy One Wick may have 47 degrees, but she's still dumb.  I can't believe she even played along with Peter's OBVIOUS grift.  He didn't even bother taking off his sunglasses inside while talking to her, which struck me as incredibly disrespectful.  She is such a fool if she hands him a single cent - she'll never see it again.  She's acting like an idiot, just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.  Just give me your $300k if you feel the need to throw it away.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lasu said:

Robin's full of it.  She doesn't want to marry Juan anymore.  She's seeing things as "hers" rather than "theirs." 

Didn't Juan support Robyn and the children for many years? Didn't Robyn fail to pay her taxes twice?

Of course it's fine if she's the breadwinner. But stating it the way she did was meant to brag and to throw shade Juan's way. Most people don't utter these words in polite society, on national TV, limiting discussion to close family members. Or an accountant.

Did she really mean the primary breadwinner? Perhaps Juan's salary has been reduced. I question whether he has no income at all, although it's possible.

I've thought since RHoP began that Robyn is lazy and entitled.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Robin's full of it.  She doesn't want to marry Juan anymore.  She's seeing things as "hers" rather than "theirs."  Which is fine, but just be honest about it.  Although I will say it's an interesting take considering she played a part in losing the big money he made, and now she doesn't want to share the money she makes.  And I will definitely say that if Juan has a problem with Robin making more money than him, that's on him and his insecurity.  Who has time for a man like that?

Dr. Wendy One Wick may have 47 degrees, but she's still dumb.  I can't believe she even played along with Peter's OBVIOUS grift.  He didn't even bother taking off his sunglasses inside while talking to her, which struck me as incredibly disrespectful.  She is such a fool if she hands him a single cent - she'll never see it again.  She's acting like an idiot, just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks.  Just give me your $300k if you feel the need to throw it away.

This stood out for me when she was discussing how she is the primary breadwinner.  However, once Charisse described how. much money went to the lawyers in her divorce, a pre-nup doesn't sound like such a bad idea!

• Love 2

Oh, and regardless of what kind of nonsense Michael and Ashley are up to, if she gives into the "coochie craving" after they separate, it doesn't reset the yearlong timer (assuming the rules are the same in VA as they are in NC).  The law literally allows for occasional "slip ups" without resetting.  In NC, to be legally separated, you have to live in separate residences with at least one party not intending to resume the marriage. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I liked that Charisse and Robyn politely disagreed about someone getting half in a divorce, and that Charisse was consistent when Robyn asked her if Juan should now get half after a divorce. You could see she was thinking about it!

Here's the thing about Robyn: she knows her parents will take care of her so she's not in survival mode to get half. She was struggling after they lost the money because of her pride but her parents are just like Candiace's mom (and Katie's mom): they will financially take care of their daughters.

The only time Juan ever had the upper hand over Robyn financially was when he was playing for the NBA.  When they first started dating in high school Robyn was the more financially advantageous partner.

16 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

And the biggest thing that people don't know about owning a restaurant is that the owner basically lives there, they spend all of their time there and there is not much time for family, or anything else.  It is a HUGE sacrifice, and the spouse must be on board or it will be a big issue. 

Which is why Wendy should be asking Ashley her thoughts on the situation...that could be a storyline for the both of them: them starting a restaurant together. Or a food truck.  Ashley would never go for it because it would reduce whatever amount she might get from Michael.

15 hours ago, amarante said:

Peter will make at least one more appearance this season.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, so much so Cynthia had to bail him out financially. That Bar One Peter met up with Wendy is in Harbor East in Baltimore City, lot's of high dollar restaurants in that area but businesses in the city are taking a hit since the squeegee kid issues so bad that nobody wants to go downtown which makes me think Wendy is a stupid woman, aligning herself with Peter who tends to have businesses go under and wanting to start a risky venture in the city. 

I didn't want to bring this issue up but the squeegee kid/crime situation in downtown Baltimore is concerning. 

Didn't Juan support Robyn and the children for many years? Didn't Robyn fail to pay her taxes twice?

And Juan told her that her unpaid taxes were HER problem, not his.

Listening to their podcast, IMO Robyn has the masculine energy in the house and Juan has the feminine.  It works for them, so good for them.

I've thought since RHoP began that Robyn is lazy and entitled.

See my comments above.  Robyn has always been taking care of by her parents, just like Candiace (and Katie).  But Robyn doesn't have the ambition or drive Candiace does...which is ok.  I just find it interesting nobody on the cast ever blasts Robyn (or Katie) for being taken care of by their parents (mothers) but it's ok to pile on Candiace for being taken care of by her mother.  

• Love 5

Candiace and Chris were on LION on FOX DC, (I went into greater detail in her thread). One of the hosts pointed out how Chris' schedule as a private chef/GM/ online cooking instructor, could put a strain on their marriage.  Candiace said he's just very passionate about what he does and throws himself 100% into what he's doing.  He's so passionate that sometimes he forgets everyone around him, but they've found middle ground. Every time Candiace looked at him or spoke about him you could see the pride and love radiating off of her. I wish Bravo would show this side of them more often.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

[SNIP]

See my comments above.  Robyn has always been taking care of by her parents, just like Candiace (and Katie).  But Robyn doesn't have the ambition or drive Candiace does...which is ok.  I just find it interesting nobody on the cast ever blasts Robyn (or Katie) for being taken care of by their parents (mothers) but it's ok to pile on Candiace for being taken care of by her mother.  

A lot of the world has a narrative surrounding black women. STRUGGLE. I've noticed that some people are resentful of black women who didn't have it rough. It's almost like a right of passage -- like we can only say we've "made it" if we've been through some thangs. Candiace being able to go to her mother for any and every thing is just not going to sit right with some people. That, in addition to her slick mouth, will always have some people wanting to see her take a hard fall (preferably after someone they deem worthy has kicked her down).

Ashley and her slick mouth is more deserving because her brokedown mama made Ashley have to hustle. Messy Mia is more deserving because her brokedown mama still don't care about her like that. Now, combine that with a world that values lighter-skinned people over their darker peers, and I know Candiace will always be found wanting.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I think it is because she is always TALKING about it.  I remember during her first season, she was going on and on about how her mom pays her bills, etc and Karen was like, you don't need to tell these women everything.  Keep that to yourself, they will jump on it.  And they did, and the do because she keeps telling everyone all of her financial info.  

I like Candace, sometimes, but I think she is trying to brag..  it is making her and Chris sound like losers.  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait until she tells Eddie about the $200,000 check she has to write for start up money!

Has Wendy read any reviews from any of Peter's bars?  Does Wendy understand how working in hospitality can be challenging, has she ever worked in the industry?  

Why do all the HW's seem to gravitate toward vanity projects?

They are delusional enough to think their perceived "fame" will sell any product to adoring fans?

• Love 2
On 10/12/2022 at 10:17 AM, lasu said:

Dr. Wendy One Wick

Hilarious! 😂 I won't be able to think of her in any other way! Wendy is definitely the Sonja Lifestyle Brand of Potomac.

23 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Robyn seems financially irresponsible. A prenup might not be a bad idea for Juan.

• Love 3

I don't begin to claim to understand the finances of these women - until they explode into the headlines.

I didn't get the sense that Robyn's parents are super rich. Isn't he a dentist? I mean that is a nice professional income but it doesn't mean that you have enough money to support your kids in grand style or leave huge trusts. Obviously if they are in real financial trouble you can help them with medical expenses or whatever. For sure, having middle class parents means one knows that one is never going to be living out of a car for lack of money but it's not the same as having ultra wealthy parents who buy you a home and set up a trust fund that enables you to not work for the rest of your life.

I never quite understood how Candiace's mother was so wealthy - I mean she is a psychologist and that is a decent living but I never understood the "wealth". Of course she did pay what theoretically was about $250,000 for that wedding extravaganza. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don't begin to claim to understand the finances of these women - until they explode into the headlines.

I didn't get the sense that Robyn's parents are super rich. Isn't he a dentist? I mean that is a nice professional income but it doesn't mean that you have enough money to support your kids in grand style or leave huge trusts. Obviously if they are in real financial trouble you can help them with medical expenses or whatever. For sure, having middle class parents means one knows that one is never going to be living out of a car for lack of money but it's not the same as having ultra wealthy parents who buy you a home and set up a trust fund that enables you to not work for the rest of your life.

I never quite understood how Candiace's mother was so wealthy - I mean she is a psychologist and that is a decent living but I never understood the "wealth". Of course she did pay what theoretically was about $250,000 for that wedding extravaganza. 

I can't speak for Robyn's family, but Candiace's parents are both retired from the Air Force. According to Glassdoor the average salary for retired $97,000 a year.  So their retirement coupled with her father's physician salary/Dorothy's income as a Psychologist they would have a decent amount of money.  Plus Candiace and her mother invest in real estate and co-own Chateau Salon Suites in Georgia.  So they're also getting rent from stylists who work there. Candiace also said on her podcast a few months ago that both her father and step-father opened savings accounts for her when she was younger and were putting money in it until she was old enough to work and add money to her accounts.

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 2
On 10/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, drivethroo said:

More importantly, why would a potential competitor (Peter or not) give you advice on setting up your own restaurant in their marketplace? I could see if Peter did not have the Baltimore location because he wouldn't be a direct competitor. But he has a Baltimore restaurant ---why would he want to help you take away his customers?  Why do your 4 degrees not give you common sense?

I feel like this is less of an issue in mid-size to large cities. There are tons of food options from fast food to haute cuisine, and in my experience restauranters are not worried about competition unless you are setting up a direct competitor (same exact food, customer demo, price point, etc.) in a very close catchment area (same block or maybe same neighborhood). Unless you are the only one serving your particular cuisine, competition just isn't a huge issue. I've seen people in the industry as being very open and willing to provide advice or share information because they want people to do well. I'd be more concerned about taking advice from Peter because he just doesn't seem to be good at keeping his restaurants open. But if you want to quiz him on what it takes to get a place stood up and running, he's definitely got experience.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I can't speak for Robyn's family, but Candiace's parents are both retired from the Air Force. According to Glassdoor the average salary for retired $97,000 a year.  So their retirement coupled with her father's physician salary/Dorothy's income as a Psychologist they would have a decent amount of money.  Plus Candiace and her mother invest in real estate and co-own Chateau Salon Suites in Georgia.  So they're also getting rent from stylists who work there. Candiace also said on her podcast a few months ago that both her father and step-father opened savings accounts for her when she was younger and were putting money in it until she was old enough to work and add money to her accounts.

Well that was my point. While they have nice professional incomes, these are not people who have millions in assets. They are just standard professionals who are at best upper middle class. They can afford to give their kids a great head start but they aren’t funding multi million dollar trust funds. 

Kandi on Atlanta has real wealth. 

• Love 4
On 10/10/2022 at 8:30 PM, bichonblitz said:

A general manager is usually responsible for accounting for all the cash at the end of the night, making sure everyone has closed out, restocked, and inventoried, left instructions/directions for the next day's staff and that the evening cleaning is completed in a satisfactory manner. If a restaurant is big enough to have an assistant manager, they might split some of those duties, but generally if you are "on" for the evening, you aren't walking out much before all the work is done. My family owned a small restaurant, and we very rarely left before our cleaners wrapped up. You don't really want to leave people in a restaurant with tons of food and expensive alcohol unless you are absolutely sure that they won't 1) bring their friends in 2) "liberate" food or alcohol on the way out 3) eat or drink something they shouldn't or 4) not complete 100% of their work. The larger the staff, the more likely you are to have people that you need/want to keep an eye on. Our place closed at 11pm and was staffed with no more than 4-5 people total. It was at least 60-90 minutes to a full close on many nights, and longer if you were slammed and had multiple tables at closing.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 4:16 AM, Stats Queen said:

People are saying that Taylor Armstrong is the first housewife to change cities (RHOBH to RHOC), but isn’t it actually Peter Thomas?

I have to ask, who is this Peter Thomas?

Wendy's ideas about the bar sounded so stupid. And why add another thing to her already busy life? 

On 10/11/2022 at 7:20 PM, Hiyo said:

“Candiace and Chris are that couple who bicker non-stop. They are so over each other that I don't think they even have hate-sex."

Depends on how much Candyass is over his perfectly big brown dick, I suppose.

And on how much Chris is over her Hershey's kisses! 

6 hours ago, Glama said:

I have to ask, who is this Peter Thomas?

Wendy's ideas about the bar sounded so stupid. And why add another thing to her already busy life? 

Peter Thomas is Cynthia Bailey’s ex husband (RHOA). He is a grift and loves to be on camera.