Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Lord of the Tides

• Start Topic

Aside from all of the other reasons given for why Alicent didn't poison Dyana, the show has been explicit whether someone has been killed, and if so by how and by whom. Why would they have a character die off screen from poisoning who will likely only appear in one episode?

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I just realized where I've seen the actor who plays Aemond before, because I thought I recognized him but it was tough with the eye patch and wig. Osferth, from The Last Kingdom!  Good to see you again Baby Monk, even though you are now playing an asshole instead, LOL. 

Edited by FnkyChkn34
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Helaena is obviously the best of Alicent's children. A++++++ toast. 

I agree and I think it was the same actress. She is like Luna from Harry Potter but very sad. I loved Jace making a point by dancing (sorry "dancing") with her. Jace and Luce need MUCH thicker skins. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

Rhaenys accept the marriages for the sake of avoiding war.

And her own descendants to rule Westeros. It became the best play in the moment after the King decided Luke will be Corlys’ successor.

Rhaenys’ and Corlys’ descendants will continue to inherit Driftmark, and presumably, the Iron Throne. It was the best case scenario for ensuring their bloodline continues, if not through their son then through their daughter.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Vaemond had just declared himself a traitor and the King said he was going to remove his tongue.  He wasn't an innocent, and while Daemon went a little overboard with the punishment being the King's brother has it perks when it comes to getting away with things.

Only barbarians act in that way - without the sentence of the court and even without the King's explicit execution order. But of course they are all barbarians, Daemon most of all. So it doesn't really matter who wins.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

But that isn't to say she didn't feel any. I thought when she hugged her that was Alicent allowing a bit of her former human self come out. She knows who's in the wrong here.

I did think the tea was poison for a moment but I am not sure Alicient is a stone cold killer...yet. I kept think how easily she could have killed the king. A pillow would have done it. But she still needed her kids old enough. Aemond especially. 

It is unfortunate Aemond looks so much older than the actor playing Aegon. And I kind of miss the young teen actor. This guy feels one note at the moment but he didn't have much time. He looks badass.

That was so much testosterone around the dinner table. Otto and Daemon were so reserved. And gee the girls get to giggle. Ug. One might think they have an opinion about their uncle dying. Or you know, have a reaction?

I did NOT miss Lyars Strong. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

I agree and I think it was the same actress. She is like Luna from Harry Potter but very sad. I loved Jace making a point by dancing (sorry "dancing") with her. Jace and Luce need MUCH thicker skins. 

I too agree with @Cristofle that Helaena seems to be THE BEST of Alicent's children. Jace was kind to ask her to dance, but yes, Jace and Luce need to let those insults roll like water off a duck's back. Every time they react they let the taunter win. 

8 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

And her own descendants to rule Westeros. It became the best play in the moment after the King decided Luke will be Corlys’ successor.

Rhaenys’ and Corlys’ descendants will continue to inherit Driftmark, and presumably, the Iron Throne. It was the best case scenario for ensuring their bloodline continues, if not through their son then through their daughter.

I also think Rhaenys (although she is a formidable bad ass) is pragmatic and TIRED. She has buried both of her children (she thinks), she has had the chance to raise Baela which has given her great joy, but if she is looking out for her house and bloodline, this this the best way. Also it blends what she and her husband wanted, her husband was concerned about the name, she was concerned about her legacy. It works out. Again, assuming the marriages actually happen. Now that Viserys is dead, shit is about to get REAL. The kids are old enough, there may be a hasty wedding NOW to cement alliances. Corlys isn't dead yet, lets see what he has to say if he arrives home and recovers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

That was so much testosterone around the dinner table. Otto and Daemon were so reserved.

I did enjoy Otto's little silent hand-clapping after Helaena's toast.  I haven't seen the warm grandfatherly side of Otto before, that is, except for kicking the shit out of Aegon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

Same actress as who?  Adult Heleana was also on The First Kingdom, as Aelfwyn.  That's not Evanna Lynch from the Harry Potter movies, and teenage Heleana was played by a different actress.

To add to the list of naming grievances. Lucerys and Viserys on paper look very different, yet seem to be pronounced the same.

Also, if someone told me that Aemond was played by Matt Smith wearing an eyepatch, I would believe them without question. I wish the actor were also named Matt, so we could call him Matt Aemond. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pestilentia said:

It seems a particular failing of this genre- names way too similar that could easily have been made more distinguishable. 

Then some genius decided to hire twin brothers into the Kingsguard with almost identical names.. Arryk & Erryk

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I also think Rhaenys (although she is a formidable bad ass) is pragmatic and TIRED.

She is also showing why in some ways she was not radical enough to take the Iron Throne. Ultimately she followed her king's lead. And her husband's wishes. Despite her personal desire. I would like to know why she attended her brother in law's autopsy/preparation.  Maybe to avoid dinner?

One thing about Dany and Cersei. They never doubted their own ability to rule. Not really. Rhynaera may be too much like her dad. Her sons seem too nice. I was hoping for more cunning to be honest. For Rhynaera to prep them more. Even Ned warned his girls they were going to a dangerous place when they went to Kings Landing. And at that point I am not sure we knew Ned's dad and brother died there.

12 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Adult Heleana was also on The First Kingdom, as Aelfwyn.  That's not Evanna Lynch from the Harry Potter movies, and teenage Heleana was played by a different actress

She looked like the same actress from the previous ep. It was a good physical match then. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

I would like to know why she attended her brother in law's autopsy/preparation.  Maybe to avoid dinner?

I think she did out of respect. She knew her brother in law was right, and she understood why he said what he said, so she respected him, BUT she is going to look out for she and hers, first and foremost. 

You can be on opposite sides but still respect your opponent. Also her brother in law had been with her ruling for many years after her husband went back to the StepStones to fight, she likely had an affection for him. (not an affair or anything, but a family affection)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well is Criston bionic? While everyone ages rapidly (Alicent's kids now look roughly the same age as their mother), Criston doesn't even get a silver hair on his curly mop. 

Yes, some people seem to age decades in minutes and Criston is still the same sexy bastard we met on day one. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Well Paddy was magnificent and I hope he gets all the nominations. That was a subtle and also epic performance of a weak king but inherently strong man. 

That said, I think he pulled so much attention that the women on the poster are underwritten. And I think swapping actors mid season was a huge mistake. At least for the lead roles. They should have started older. Made them 20. The show still would still work.

Rhynaera does seem to be lacking fire but 6 freaking kids in 16 years might take it out of you! But I wanted to see her strategizing with Daemon more. I wanted more hints of her reaching out to other houses. I wanted to see her holding "court" at Dragonstone with her loyal banners. The production feels a little small that way. Claustrophobic even. Like when we see Renly having a tourney (when Brienne is introduced) you see all his supporters! He wasn't delusional about fighting for the throne. Stannis was just sneakier.

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Like 5
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

She is also showing why in some ways she was not radical enough to take the Iron Throne. Ultimately she followed her king's lead. And her husband's wishes. Despite her personal desire.

Yes, I thought this really highlighted that ultimately, Rhaenys follows the will of the realm/the king/her husband. As soon as Viserys came in, Rhaenys' demeanor changed. Also, it probably highlights that at the end of the day, she is a Targaryen. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm surprised that the show is really leaning into the Song of Ice and Fire prophecy, even using it as the final spark that ignites the war between the two sides. Both because the whole prophesy turns out to mean a whole lot of nothing, a Song of Jack and Shit, and because GoT tried really hard to downplay supernatural elements as much as possible until the very end. I guess they wanted to give Alicent a more sympathetic reason for pushing to put her useless rapist of a son on the throne, but I don't think that was necessary. Plenty of things could push her to go to war based on who we know Alicent and the people around her beyond a misunderstanding. 

I'm glad that Viserys got one last big episode before he was officially killed off. He looked like basically a corpse but he still managed crawl onto the Iron Throne one last time and make one last attempt at keeping the peace, and it seems like if it wasn't for the misunderstanding on his death bed, he might have actually averted the upcoming war with one really big heartfelt speech. I really came to like Viserys, he was a flawed man and not a great king, but he was ultimately a good man and while he was clearly not someone with a temperament suited to kingship, he managed to at least make it through his reign without any major screw ups, which is pretty damn good by Westeros standards. His greatest mistakes were not dealing with this whole Rhaenyra vs Alicent feud ages ago and being too trusting of the people around him, especially the Hightowers, which is all going to create mass destruction later. He can also be rather indecisive, but he showed some real grit in his final hours, getting to the Iron Throne to put his food down on Luke's inheritance and then getting everyone together to try and convince his family to finally stop their endless fighting, and he did all of this while basically being a rotting corpse. And it did actually seem to work for a minute! No one got stabbed or set on fire or beheaded, or anything, which is good for a Westeros get together! But then the ending, damn it. At least Viserys got to die thinking that he managed to keep the realm together with his last breath. Huge kudos to Paddy, he has done a great job with this character and this was a great final performance for him. 

Jace and Luke are going to need some more diplomatic skills, furiously attacking anyone who implies anything about their legitimacy just makes it seem even more true. Its exactly what happened with Harwin, they really need to learn to try and just pretend that the accusation are too stupid to even react to. 

Baela and Rhaena and Luke and Jace all seemed quite happy about being matched, it was sweet seeing how happy they all seemed to be to be together. Jace and Luke both have pretty intense tempers, but they seem like basically nice kids. Jace asking Helaena to do a little dance was really cute, its rare to see people in this show actually look happy.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

She is also showing why in some ways she was not radical enough to take the Iron Throne. Ultimately she followed her king's lead. And her husband's wishes. Despite her personal desire. I would like to know why she attended her brother in law's autopsy/preparation.  Maybe to avoid dinner?

Did she really follow her husband's wishes though? It seems like she was training Baela to take over Driftmark until her hand was forced. I get the feeling if Vaemond wouldn't have stepped forward, she'd be doing her damndest to make Baela the heir.  She only acquiesced after it became obvious that was her only option.

She's a veleron before a targ, I imagine that she loves him like family even if he was an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Aegon and Aemond look at least 8 to 10 years older than what they are portraying.

I know many take issue with the similar names. I sort of like it, because in real life many people do have similar names or are named after other people over and over again in some cultures. I am not confused at all.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I assume it's just bacteria living in his body, slowly eating him and the Maesters cutting off more and more infected parts. Times before antibiotics were no joke.

I think the show runners have confirmed leprosy. Which makes sense. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Aegon and Aemond look at least 8 to 10 years older than what they are portraying.

I think Aegon is fine, but Aemond definitely seems to be pushing 30, while the Velaryon boys still look like teenagers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I guess they wanted to give Alicent a more sympathetic reason for pushing to put her useless rapist of a son on the throne, but I don't think that was necessary. Plenty of things could push her to go to war based on who we know Alicent and the people around her beyond a misunderstanding. 

It's not really a sympathetic reason.  For years Viserys has been steadfast about wanting Rhaenyra as his heir, so a milk of the poppy aided rambling at the last moment shouldn't override all of that.  Plus as we saw this episode, there's another Aegon now, and while he might grow up to be a giant dick like his uncle, that's a hypothetical while the current version is a little punk who has shown absolutely no interest in being responsible about anything. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

Alicent treated the serving girl exactly how I expected she would, but also like she's paid off so many girls to quietly leave that she always keeps a pouch of money ready for the inevitable next one.  Someone in Westeros needs to invent the male chastity belt.

That tea might not be as effective as it used to be. Aegon might have bastards littered all over Oldtown. Looked like a white haired child in next week's preview.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, snickers said:

That's my Matt Daemon for killing Vaemond defending Rhea! and did you see the impressed look from Aemond 🙃

You are Hector to my Achilles... Nobody else around here is worth killing

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

Rhynaera does seem to be lacking fire but 6 freaking kids in 16 years might take it out of you! But I wanted to see her strategizing with Daemon more. I wanted more hints of her reaching out to other houses. I wanted to see her holding "court" at Dragonstone with her loyal banners. The production feels a little small that way. Claustrophobic even. Like when we see Renly having a tourney (when Brienne is introduced) you see all his supporters! He wasn't delusional about fighting for the throne. Stannis was just sneakier.

I feel that it's a character flaw of Rhaenyra's that she's just not doing what she should be doing. The only ally we saw was the lord who first spoke to her when she was taking her baby to Alicent and she doesn't seem to be appreciating him even though he was the only one to greet her now. Young Rhaenyra was actively bad at dealing with nobles but old Rhaenyra is just passive. She's off to Dragonstone for years while Alicent gets to remake the keep and stack it with her allies. Rhaenyra has been counting on daddy to get her out of trouble and enforce her claim, but daddy's gone now.

Jace's offer to dance with Helaena may have had a bit of anti-Aegon sentiment motivating it, but it was also the courteous thing to do. He seems to have a greater sense of duty than his mother and, despite his issues with Strong inferiority, I expect he'll be the persuasive good cop to Daemon's threatening bad cop when the war forces Rhaenyra to seek allies. Hopefully season 2 will make the show's world feel bigger with two rival courts.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Aemond has long hair, dresses in black and is an edgelord. He is probably bitter his world doesn't have Harley-Davidsons to complete the look.

Criston and Aemond training with real weapons (and a very unwieldy weapon like a flail to boot) again made me wonder if Aemond wants to lose his other eye too.

Vaemond was literally too stupid to live. Was he a product of incest too? And what was with all the rush, Corlys might well live and make the whole thing a waste of time.

Rhynaera does seem to be lacking fire but 6 freaking kids in 16 years might take it out of you! But I wanted to see her strategizing with Daemon more. I wanted more hints of her reaching out to other houses. I wanted to see her holding "court" at Dragonstone with her loyal banners. The production feels a little small that way. Claustrophobic even. Like when we see Renly having a tourney (when Brienne is introduced) you see all his supporters!

Exactly. There should be actual factions fighting for influence and awaiting the inevitable civil war. The world outside of King's Landing, the Stepstones and Driftmark might as well not exist in this show, it is shown that rarely. Also, why didn't Rhaenyra and Daemon try to convince Viserys to make one of them a regent or a Hand but left Alicent to rule unopposed for years?

I think the show runners have confirmed leprosy. Which makes sense. 

How come no one was afraid of being infected, then?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Aemond has long hair, dresses in black and is an edgelord. He is probably bitter his world doesn't have Harley-Davidsons to complete the look.

Maybe all Team Green dragons have been repainted and chrome accents added....

• LOL 3

Really great episode and performance by Paddy. Seeing him walk into the throne room and then with Daemon helping him was just so good without really anything needing to be said. It is really something that in the end Daemon did just want to be the one by his side like he said in the first episode.  

So all the cool dragon tapestries have been replaced with religious ones. Alicent wearing a big faith of the 7 star and having it mounted over the throne. Seems like Alicent is cloaking herself and her family in the faith of the seven as opposed to Rhaenyra’s side.  

If Alicent can be swayed by that poppy induced vague discussion than she was just looking for an excuse to do what she really wanted. 

I think Rhaenyra has been more focused on preparing herself and her kids to rule then actually putting into place a plan to be crowned. She is relying too much on the vow people took to have her be named queen without taking into account what happens if parts of the realm don’t want it. Alicent and the Greens have been stacking the small council and the Keep with help to secure Aegon’s coronation but they don’t seem that interested in prepping him to be a King. 

I keep seeing people why the focus on the prophecy when we know it doesn’t mean anything except we don’t know it doesn’t mean anything. We just know that GRRM seems to think it was important to put in this series but D&D decided to go another way at the end of GOT then what seems to be GRRM’s intent. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

According to the show runner this was the last time jump not only for this season but  for the series.

Good, because the constant re-casts are making it hard to keep track of who is who. Twice when they showed Aegon I was like "Who is that?" I also agree the new Aemond looks older than Aegon. 

I'm unclear as to why Rhaenys did a 180 and sided with Rhaenyra at the last moment? 

I think she was originally planning to petition for herself until Viserys showed up and make it clear he was set on Lucerys. At that point she knew her best option was to accept Rhaenyra's offer of betrothing her two sons to her two granddaughters.

I just realized where I've seen the actor who plays Aemond before, because I thought I recognized him but it was tough with the eye patch and wig. Osferth, from The Last Kingdom!

D'oh! Can't believe I didn't recognize him!

5 hours ago, Roseanna said:

This society seems really barbaric - is there no laws or courts? How can people kill ech other without any consequeces even in the presence of king?   

Viserys had told these very same people 6 years ago at Driftmark that whosoever spoke on Rhaenyra's children would lose their tongue.  Vaemond knew he was a goner as soon as he said what he said.  You see no one moved to stop Daemon and did nothing when Vaemond's head hit the floor.  Corlys probably won't say much when he learns of Vaemond's fate; he is firmly on Rhaenyra's side.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Viserys had told these very same people 6 years ago at Driftmark that whosoever spoke on Rhaenyra's children would lose their tongue.  Vaemond knew he was a goner as soon as he said what he said.  You see no one moved to stop Daemon and did nothing when Vaemond's head hit the floor.  Corlys probably won't say much when he learns of Vaemond's fate; he is firmly on Rhaenyra's side.

So hes basically going to stand by and let the people who killed his son (as far as he knows) and his brother not only get away with it, but also align with them? I get that name is the only important thing, but there has to be a limit

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

It isn't but people used to think that it was. Maybe Westeros is more enlightened in this respect. First time for everything.🙂

I don't know if this is true, but there are certainly stories that Richard I had leprosy, contracted during the crusades. He may have had it for a long time, so would not have known a point of contagion, and it doesn't seem in the earlier episodes like the maesters knew what they were dealing with when they were treating him.

36 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Hopefully season 2 will make the show's world feel bigger with two rival courts.

There might have still been Covid restrictions too but a lot of this feels like a stage play. The best eps have had real locations. I still like this one a lot, mostly for Paddy and Matt. The quiet admiration Daemon shows helping him to the throne is beautiful.  Matt is a great silent actor.

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

To be honest, while I am familiar with the Targaryen's habit of intermarriage and Jaime/Cersei on GOT, the incest still makes me cringe a bit.  Helaena/Aegon as married siblings and Daemon/Rhaenyra as married uncle/neice and now we're throwing the first cousins in the mix.  At least the Strong blood mixes it up a bit BUT still - blech.

All I can think is Poor Heleana - maybe Aemond would have been a better brother/husband.

ETA: So the Aemond actor is in his early 20's while the Jacerys and Lucerys actors are still teenagers. I think the Lucery's actor was 15-16 when this was being filmed.  Explains the obvious difference. I keep forgetting Aegon is a few years older than Jacerys.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Vaemond was literally too stupid to live. Was he a product of incest too? And what was with all the rush, Corlys might well live and make the whole thing a waste of time.

For some reason this made me laugh.

My theory for why the show is moving so fast is that the creators knew how horribly the ending of Game of Thrones was received and had no idea that this show would grab the zeitgeist. 

I mean why would you not start House of the Dragon with Aegon and his sister wives?

• Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 10:36 AM, tennisgurl said:

I'm surprised that the show is really leaning into the Song of Ice and Fire prophecy, even using it as the final spark that ignites the war between the two sides. Both because the whole prophesy turns out to mean a whole lot of nothing, a Song of Jack and Shit,

They explained Aegon's dream in this show twice now. Why, you ask, because people keep saying stuff like that.

Again, the dream is about who will UNITE people to defeat the darkness. Not who will strike the killing blow or who will win the throne (the dream actually predates the throne). So considering that Jon did indeed UNITE, then it means a lot more than "jack shit".

My question is, how many times does it have to be explained, reiterated, pointed out, highlighted, etc for folks to get it. Three times, ten times, a hundred times? This is clearly an author's message. So maybe listen to the author.

Edited by MrsR
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think once the war actually starts we will see all the other houses getting involved, with dualing war councils in Kings Landing and Dragonstone. I think they holding off for this until season 2. So I am not too bothered by that happening this season.

Edited by LanceM
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, MrsR said:

My question is, how many times does it have to be explained, reiterated, pointed out, highlighted, etc for folks to get it. Three times, ten times, a hundred times? This is clearly an author's message. So maybe listen to the author.

I understand what the author is saying, and what the prophesy is saying, its basic idea does have to be explained to me. My issue  with how it was handled on GoT was that I felt it ended up feeling unnecessary and underexplored. I am aware that it did not say about about who will take down the Night King or who will end up on the Iron Throne, my issue, and the issue I think a lot of people had, was that for all of the build up, the Song of Ice and Fire ended up being "we need dragons and a Targ to fly them and get everyone together" which we really didn't need a prophesy for, especially one that stretches all the way back to the start of the Targaryen line. I really don't want to make this a whole discussion about GoT and my issues with its ending and how rushed I thought it was, I just personally thought that they could have better used the prophesy better in that ending and better explained why it was so important when it seems like most of what it said needed to happen was already happening regardless, or made it feel like the huge thing that it should have been. Unless that was the whole point, that destiny was leading Dany to every choice she made leading up to the end of the show, in which case I guess that becomes a different sort of story altogether. There is a lot to explore about a family conquering a nation to prevent a zombie apocalypse and then their last two surviving members having to bring a war torn nation together to fight against this massive world threatening threat based on an ancient prophesy, but it all felt rushed and hardly explored. 

Just my opinion of course.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Cristofle said:

That's what I noticed when he was walking away. Matt has a very distinctive walk, lol, as Doctor Who fans well remember too. Aemond was doing that walk. 

Honestly, Daemon and Aemond probably look at each other and think: "I am you!"

2 hours ago, Constantinople said:

So who's dressing up as Viserys for Halloween?

Ser, you are out of order! 🤣

1 hour ago, paigow said:

You are Hector to my Achilles... Nobody else around here is worth killing

Had fate not conspired, those two would be best buddies/friendenemies! 😆

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, MrsR said:

They explained Aegon's dream in this show twice now. Why, you ask, because people saying still stuff like that.

Again, the dream is about who will UNITE people to defeat the darkness. Not who will strike the killing blow or who will win the throne (the dream actually predates the throne). So considering that Jon did indeed UNITE, then it means a lot more than "jack shit".

Except its literally not the author who did that last season its the showrunners. We dont know what the author is planning

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yo Aegon, if you gotta brag about it and continue to bring it up long after the conversation has already moved onto like 3 other topics, it usually means you’re worth a one-star Yelp review “I’m only giving one star and that’s because it was over quickly because I couldn’t pretend to enjoy that anymore because seriously wth was that??”. Usually also means you’re pretty rapey, but the show already pointed that out for us.

Daemon helping his brother up to the throne and putting the crown on was a nice moment. 

Alicent is the worst. Not only did she raise some little monsters that shouldn’t be fit to rule (except for in Westeros where monsters are regularly put on the throne), but she gave her only nice (though extremely strange) child to her monster son in marriage. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Except its literally not the author who did that last season its the showrunners. We dont know what the author is planning

This is produced by George's company. It's right there in the credits. He's right there in the credits. How many articles have to be published about George's involvement in this project .

This is unquestionably the authors message.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought Alicent and Rhaenyra were both more subdued and mature this episode. It probably won't last but ...

I also enjoyed seeing the affection between Viserys and Daemon. It wasn't a very warm and cuddly relationship but the brothers did love one another.

I feel like Daemon is getting the Jaime-character-arc pivot. He started off as loathsome but has become more likable, just like Jaime.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2