Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: October 4, 2022

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wait, Teddi is leaving?!? Is that “Salley” she’s taking with her? This is wild that if talking to Rodney made her realize that Andrew “isn’t her person” then what if Rodney “is her person”? Why is everyone on this show on the super fast track?!? You have WEEKS to figure this out, but instead every fleeting impulse needs to be their “final decision.” What is happening here?! Oh, gosh, Rodney hasn’t even decided whom to ask on his date yet—but of course he’s going to look for Teddi, while Andrew is crying in the shrubbery over her leaving.

It doesn’t make sense how these people are 2 days in and already crying non stop and so possessive . My only guess would be that they talk to the person before the show and get their hopes up and then paradise is just a continuation for them . Because seriously , who acts like this so soon ? 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I just remembered who Genevieve looks like, the actress Lacey Chabert.  I think she somehow looked much better on her date with Aaron than she has on the rest of the show.  And she actually looked slightly happy.  

I think these people focus too much on the person they “think” they want to meet rather than just going and seeing who they vibe with.  

why did it seem to take Rodney 3 hours and a sundown to decide who he wants to go on a date with?  Is the date a midnight cruise? 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Wait, Teddi is leaving?!? Is that “Salley” she’s taking with her? This is wild that if talking to Rodney made her realize that Andrew “isn’t her person” then what if Rodney “is her person”? Why is everyone on this show on the super fast track?!? You have WEEKS to figure this out, but instead every fleeting impulse needs to be their “final decision.” What is happening here?! Oh, gosh, Rodney hasn’t even decided whom to ask on his date yet—but of course he’s going to look for Teddi, while Andrew is crying in the shrubbery over her leaving.

They just have until the next rose ceremony to find their person or the6 risk going home without love, alone forever, and instead of a red A, they will wear the red rose forever so that potential partners know to steer clear.  

And I read shooting was maybe 21 days in total.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

What is happening here?! Oh, gosh, Rodney hasn’t even decided whom to ask on his date yet—but of course he’s going to look for Teddi, while Andrew is crying in the shrubbery over her leaving.

Those were some wacky timeline hijinks for sure!  It looked like early in the day when Rodney talked to Jill and Teddi, but apparently never officially asked anyone on a date.  Then Teddi talked to Andrew and all of a sudden it was dark and Teddi was leaving.  What was Rodney doing for the rest of the day?  Talking to other girls?  Taking a nap?  It also looked as though Aaron/Gen and James/Shenae never returned from their dates.  We saw that things seemed to be going okay, but if I was on the beach I would be wondering if maybe they killed each other or got booted.  It seems like the editors no longer care if their "story" even makes sense.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Ok Jill is an annoying cryer/ whiner. I hate that because she seems like a nice person.

How can you tell if she's nice or not. She hasn't stopped bitching since she got there. I don't know how she's attracting anyone. She's got shoulders like a linebacker and it looks like someone hit her in the face with a frying pan. Why is she getting so much air time? There's certainly nothing interesting about her.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, shok said:

How can you tell if she's nice or not. She hasn't stopped bitching since she got there. I don't know how she's attracting anyone. She's got shoulders like a linebacker and it looks like someone hit her in the face with a frying pan. Why is she getting so much air time? There's certainly nothing interesting about her.

Jill was on a podcast after Clay-taur's season, and she was really funny and smart.  Production has, for whatever reason, given her (and several others) a crazy helter-skelter edit.

• Love 6

The mystery of why Teddi is a virgin is solved. 

She reminds me of a girl I used to know whose parents told her she couldn’t date until she was 16. Everyone knew she couldn’t date, and she just assumed that once she turned 16 she would magically have a perfect boyfriend and it would be like a teen movie. In reality, no boy wanted to go near her throughout high school because she was socially awkward and they were scared of having to deal with her parents. No disrespect to Teddi- her choices are her own, but she seems like she has some catching up to do in how to handle relationships.

• Like 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, rlc said:

The mystery of why Teddi is a virgin is solved. 

She reminds me of a girl I used to know whose parents told her she couldn’t date until she was 16. Everyone knew she couldn’t date, and she just assumed that once she turned 16 she would magically have a perfect boyfriend and it would be like a teen movie. In reality, no boy wanted to go near her throughout high school because she was socially awkward and they were scared of having to deal with her parents. No disrespect to Teddi- her choices are her own, but she seems like she has some catching up to do in how to handle relationships.

I forgot that Teddi is a virgin. I think you make a really good point. It also gives some perspective to her break-up speech to Andrew, in which she was saying how he’s perfect and she’s attracted to him and they have a great time together, etc., and the only “but” was that she thought she’d want to be all over him, but she’s not. It does seem, then, that she has it in her mind that “her person” will immediately unlock her inner sex kitten or something. The other girls are looking for love at first sight, but Teddi is looking for lust at first sight. I mean, it’s totally “normal” for it to take more than 3 days to feel like you’re getting to know someone well enough and to build trust for physical attraction to grow—let alone for someone who has “reasons” or “issues” or “hang-ups” around sex; maybe she’s asexual, and that’s okay, too. I really think she sabotaged herself by giving up on Andrew so quickly. That man is a rare gem that he’s hot—and doesn’t even seem to know it! The man could be a player, but he seems to be a total sweetheart and gentleman, and I think he would have been patient with Teddi waiting. But, on the other hand, maybe talking to Rodney did give her those “butterflies” or, the “dancing vagina” that the clone of Raven (forgot her name) had last year. And maybe that is what made her panic because she came in thinking Andrew was going to be “her person”—but she’s immediately attracted to Rodney, so rather just take her time and get to know each of the guys and see what develops, she just panicked and ran away. She definitely needs more experience dating, but maybe doing this on TV isn’t the best idea for her after all. But, I don’t know, is it possible that her suitcases left Mexico but she’s still there? If they’re letting Salley* pull all of this drama, perhaps Teddi might calm down and come back.

*Well, okay, the Salley stuff is entirely staged. But of course if someone really wanted to leave/come back, they’d be all over it.

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

-Two episodes per week or a total of 4 hrs (!?) is about right for this franchise. Seeing how Monday’s cliffhangers really aren’t cliffhangers means Tuesday’s cliffhangers don’t faze us one bit.

-As others have noted, the random expansion and compression of time means we don’t know what lasts days, hours or even weeks in ‘Paradise.’

-The expected cat-amongst-the-pigeons chaos caused by the late-arriving Victoria never materialized – unless we’re facing more time-twisting by the editors. She appeared to be just another face in the crowd as the episodes proceeded. 

-Justin’s red blood cell count has dropped to critical levels as he chooses Genevieve over Victoria. Genevieve, unfortunately, is now further conditioned to rely on being hard-faced and nagging as her primary means of persuasion.

-Speaking of feeding the beast, Romeo’s cringetastic groveling apology to Jill will only make Jill even more incandescent with rage every time he glances idly at someone else.

-Hunter was actually quite photogenic – sorry to see her go. Victoria a bit of a femme fatale but she and Johnny actually do have a bit of chemistry. But – always remember to wear goggles and gloves when viewing them, kids.

-The ‘connection’ sought by the girls turned out to be the connection between their tongues and the sandy beach as they drooled over the Bro Dudes’ arrival. Someone hipper than me is going to have to explain the rationale behind having one leg fully tattooed.

-‘Open for business’ might not be the best phrasing when discussing physical attraction, Jill.

-‘I promise you it won’t be me,’ says Genevieve, as that promise recedes as quickly as the last wave hitting the beach.

-Involuntary shudder at the color-desaturated flashback to Clayton and his jutting jaw.

-The taco-eating contest is sloppy enough but scarfing all those raw onions should really sweeten the breath.

-Maybe if enough FCC complaints are filed they will remove the black box. And what are the criteria? Shenae’s suit is not exactly modest in the back but isn’t blotted out.

-Genevieve is suddenly, diplomatically ready to let bygones be bygones when the sexual butterflies are, er, fluttering.

-The Bro Dudes remind one of Robert Redford’s comment about ‘Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid’:  ‘It’s a love story between two men. The girl is incidental.’

-Justin has created the 12 Stations of Moping as his girlfriend of 24 (intermittent) hrs demonstrates her incredibly selective memory as she gleefully hooks up with Aaron.

-To be fair, the pineapple is a symbol for the swingers’ lifestyle and Genevieve has found a new partner…for now.

-Are Ashley I and Justin on a personal services contract? 48 hrs notice? Things are a bit slow at the moment but is it really time to break glass in case of emergency and bring in the happy couple? Shouldn’t they arrive to deal with any cases of cold feet at the end?

-As the kids say, explain to me like I’m five Teddi’s reasons for leaving. She traveled all this way, she’s already seen couples form and unform in the first few days (we think), they are obviously bringing in new people all the time. Bailing now is a bad decision based on timing alone.

-Also, please explain to me like I’m five the appeal of lunkhead Rodney and his 5 3/8 hat size.

-There have been absolute floods of tears in just 3 episodes. But enough about the guys.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

It seems that Teddi and Andrew had some interaction or communication before Paradise and there was build up there that maybe ended up being a let down for her. Maybe Andrew was nervous and not being himself and that led to awkwardness. I think Teddi was afraid of looking like or being edited as a villain for breaking his heart because he is so sweet. She probably didn’t want to compound looking bad by dating one of Andrew’s good friends right after dumping him. I think she panicked and is also hyper image conscious. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

What the hell is up with Jill and these voices? She sounds like she's doing some kind of one woman show where she plays thirty different parts all at once. I remember Jill being pretty nice and normal on her season, what's even happening with her? Is it editing? She's hamming it up? Is it just Paradise syndrome where people who came off as perfectly nice on their season transform into total lunatics the second they hit the beach? Romeo didn't come off great either, but my GOD the drama. 

Everyone knowing each other is really causing problems for this show, the whole point of the show is for people to meet and get to know each other but now everyone seems to be coming in with all of this baggage or already hung up on people, so they glomp onto their designated person instantly which leads to massive level drama by day two. I know we come to Paradise for the shit show, but come on. 

Sally is like Bigfoot, we have some possible footage and have found what could be physical evidence (footprint/vibrators) but we still have no fully confirmed proof of their existence. 

Really Teddi?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 10/4/2022 at 10:20 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of Teddi. She was more upset about calling things off with Andrew than he was. 

Yeah I have a feeling she's gonna try to get back together with him at whatever reunion is at the end if there is one. I find Andrew to be very good looking and I am surprised in the guys' interest in Teddi. Her lips are so distracting.

• Love 2

Personally, I find Teddi cute AF, lips and all, and if I were there, she is definitely high on my list of people I'd like to talk to.  Probably #2 behind Brittany. (Everyone got moved up a slot when we saw how Genevieve doesn't have a dimmer switch on over-the-top pronouncements.)

I think Teddi had some variety of a mental break and just wanted to GTFO. It's hot, there are bugs, sometimes Jacob tries to talk to you -- it must be hell. She realized she wasn't feeling the spark with Andrew and couldn't bear to start over. 

I doubt those two will get back together -- her walking out with her rose was a pretty effective door slam.

I hope she's feeling better now. 

• Love 5
On 10/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, JenE4 said:

Oh, great! Just what they need—Ashley and Jared as reinforcement that if they cry and beg and badger someone enough, you’ll wear them down to fall in love with you against their will. 

Yeah, their dynamic was creepy. To me Jared still looks like he's going through the motions. The flashbacks of Ashley ugly crying at him Season 2 still give me secondhand embarrassment.

The 2 Bros look like such meatheads. Anyone who spends that much time in the gym is obviously obsessed with themselves.  I'm glad when I was young guys just looked like average people. They didn't spend all day in the gym trying to achieve the perfect physique, and we women weren't getting all kinds of treatments/surgeries to change our appearance. We wore too much makeup, though. 

I'm starting to hate this show. There's just too much crying and hurt feelings. The last Bachelorette season was like this, and now BIP is depressing AF. 

• Love 9
On 10/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I used to think Jared was soooooooo hot.  Did Ashley ruin him somehow LOL

LOL, yes!  He looked off, like his face had somehow shrunk down in height.  The middle part doesn't work any better on him than it does on most women, and he still hasn't figured what to do with his facial hair.  When they showed the clip of him proposing, he looked so much hotter!  Also, in the shots from when they first arrived together, something looked weird with Ashley's eyes.  I couldn't put my finger on what it was.  There also looked to be something weird at her hairline.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/4/2022 at 8:24 PM, JenE4 said:

They’ve known each other two days—and he was away with another woman for one of those days!! Can you imagine if she were his actual girlfriend?!? 

Oh, damn! Victoria is switching to Johnny?!? Poor Justin is going to be stuck with Genevieve after all! Noooooo! They’re kissing!! This is what happens when they drag out the rose ceremony—suddenly every “couple” implodes!

So Victoria decides to go after Johnny because she thinks Justin may still be invested in Genevieve? I don't think we ever got to see the night portion of Victoria's date w/ Justin and I wonder how well they hit it off?
Before choosing Justin to join her on the date, Victoria took aside 3 men for a chat - Johnny, Logan and Justin. She seems perfectly content to switch men now - maybe she wanted Johnny all along but the producers told her to initially ask Justin on the date to cause drama with the emotional Genevieve?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, tennisgurl said:

What the hell is up with Jill and these voices? She sounds like she's doing some kind of one woman show where she plays thirty different parts all at once. I remember Jill being pretty nice and normal on her season, what's even happening with her? Is it editing? She's hamming it up? Is it just Paradise syndrome where people who came off as perfectly nice on their season transform into total lunatics the second they hit the beach? Romeo didn't come off great either, but my GOD the drama. 

Everyone knowing each other is really causing problems for this show,  

Sally is like Bigfoot, we have some possible footage and have found what could be physical evidence (footprint/vibrators) but we still have no fully confirmed proof of their existence. 

Regarding everyone knowing each other and possibly having started relationships prior to filming....
I agree this is causing a problem and making the show less interesting and more difficult to follow.
I thought I remembered in the early seasons of BiP that the cast didn't even know who else was going to be 'on the beach'. 
I know that some of the Bachelor Nation people (meaning the ex cast members, not the fans) from different seasons all network with each other on social media. Maybe some of them even make arrangements with another ex cast member to both go on BiP to learn if a relationship between them might work out. It seems like Brandon and Serene may have done something like this.

Whatever is happening, it's not really working for the viewers anymore. A good example was last years' Branden and Piper story. Branden used and led on another woman for a couple of days until Piper showed up. That wasn't a very pleasant narrative for the other girl nor the viewers.

Rumors that some more well known Bach Nation members have been offered money in the past to appear on the show like Pilot Pete and Dean are also a turn-off.
The producers might need to shake things up a bit without pulling strings nor exploiting people. I think I liked Bachelor Pad better than what BiP has evolved into.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 5
On 10/6/2022 at 1:25 PM, LuvMyShows said:

LOL, yes!  He looked off, like his face had somehow shrunk down in height.  The middle part doesn't work any better on him than it does on most women, and he still hasn't figured what to do with his facial hair.  When they showed the clip of him proposing, he looked so much hotter!  Also, in the shots from when they first arrived together, something looked weird with Ashley's eyes.  I couldn't put my finger on what it was.  There also looked to be something weird at her hairline.

I too thought Jared and Ashley looked different but I saw more changes in Ashley and I also saw something odd about her eyes! Could she have had some type of surgery? So many of the women on this show have surgery to alter and tweak their faces! Caitlyn is the worst example but I think there have been quite a few others like JoJo and Becca.
Maybe Asley I. also had her nose tweaked? I don't know how much that would affect her eyes. Could she have had a face lift?🙃
Their child is adorable!

• Love 2
On 10/6/2022 at 8:09 AM, Jax7917 said:

Yeah I have a feeling she's gonna try to get back together with him at whatever reunion is at the end if there is one. I find Andrew to be very good looking and I am surprised in the guys' interest in Teddi. Her lips are so distracting.

And the pointy chin.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Casey has some arched ass eyebrows...girlfriend has something about him....Lil bit of botox here, a glossy lip there...

Jill, quit your fake crying with zero tears about Teddi leaving. "All my friends keep leaving." It ain't about you, boo.

Poor Andrew. Seems like such a good guy! 

I'm sorry but Jarod looks like a kicked puppy.

Speaking of puppies...even Nacho doesn't want Kira's ass.

Edited by Aim123
Thought of more things
  • Love 3

Aaron and James look like carbon copies of each other body wise- and frankly have more chemistry with each other than the ladies! I think that Hunter was a lot of fun- she was completely honest about her IBS and had great beach wave hair!  That cute little Nacho dog with Kiera ending scene was honestly the highlight of the entire episode 😊.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2022 at 1:25 PM, LuvMyShows said:

so I missed that part-what advice could jared and ashley give??? stalk and terrorize?? follow your crush and watch him have other relationships and make sure you are there at every event, patiently waiting, and make it impossible fot any woman to even consider a relationship, realizing jared enjoyed the attention and they would never be free of her. sorry least favorite bachelor nation couple and total creepdom.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't even understand why Ashley I was so into Jared. He is dull, has the worst facial hair and isn't that good looking. 

A woman like Ashley needs a passive man so that she can all the shots in the relationship.

• Love 3
On 10/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, Melonie77 said:

Regarding everyone knowing each other and possibly having started relationships prior to filming....
I agree this is causing a problem and making the show less interesting and more difficult to follow.
I thought I remembered in the early seasons of BiP that the cast didn't even know who else was going to be 'on the beach'. 
I know that some of the Bachelor Nation people (meaning the ex cast members, not the fans) from different seasons all network with each other on social media. Maybe some of them even make arrangements with another ex cast member to both go on BiP to learn if a relationship between them might work out. It seems like Brandon and Serene may have done something like this.

Whatever is happening, it's not really working for the viewers anymore. A good example was last years' Branden and Piper story. Branden used and led on another woman for a couple of days until Piper showed up. That wasn't a very pleasant narrative for the other girl nor the viewers.

Rumors that some more well known Bach Nation members have been offered money in the past to appear on the show like Pilot Pete and Dean are also a turn-off.
The producers might need to shake things up a bit without pulling strings nor exploiting people. I think I liked Bachelor Pad better than what BiP has evolved into.

heck, i remember when people showed up for bachelor and had no clue who the bachelor was going to be(andrew firestone). social media has really taken a lot out of the show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't even understand why Ashley I was so into Jared. He is dull, has the worst facial hair and isn't that good looking. 

Well, I never thought she was that hot either, so Iooks-wise, they're traveling at the same speed. 😅 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, I never thought she was that hot either, so Iooks-wise, they're traveling at the same speed. 😅 

I thought she was very attractive on the first season, great body. I just cant with the 2 of them. I cant see this lasting

• Love 1
Just now, nlkm9 said:

I thought she was very attractive on the first season, great body. I just cant with the 2 of them. I cant see this lasting

I thought she had a hard looking face, especially those eyebrows, and it doesn't look any better now.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Ashley had a weird fantasy about being Jasmine and thought Jared looked like Aladdin.  Yeah, the attraction was based on a Disney cartoon.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Are you sure you're not confusing her with Jade? Ashley has short legs and is a bit bottom-heavy.

No i thought the first season sje was on she had a really nice body. Jade was always gorgeous

• Love 1
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Ashley had a weird fantasy about being Jasmine and thought Jared looked like Aladdin.  Yeah, the attraction was based on a Disney cartoon.

OMG! I remember this!
Ashley is such an immature spoiled 'princess'. I can totally believe that she became fixated on Jared because she felt he looked like Aladdin and matched what she felt was her own similarity to 'Jasmine' in appearance.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:12 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPAE1KkGJM

'The Crying Virgin & The Gulible' Free Full Ep. 8 😭🤯 Million Dollar Matchmaker - YouTube

Here's Ashley on Million Dollar Matchmaker! Patti Stanger cussed her out and tried to talk some sense into her 😅

Thanks for posting this - I had never seen it and watched some of the episode yesterday. What an odd person Ashley is! I don't dislike her but she sure was living in her own little world! It's surprising how stuck on Jared she really was. The brunette guy Patti fixed her up with was nice-looking and actually resembled a better looking version of Jared! 

• Applause 1
5 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

OMG! I remember this!
Ashley is such an immature spoiled 'princess'. I can totally believe that she became fixated on Jared because she felt he looked like Aladdin and matched what she felt was her own similarity to 'Jasmine' in appearance.

Thanks for posting this - I had never seen it and watched some of the episode yesterday. What an odd person Ashley is! I don't dislike her but she sure was living in her own little world! It's surprising how stuck on Jared she really was. The brunette guy Patti fixed her up with was nice-looking and actually resembled a better looking version of Jared! 

I'm glad that you had fun watching that Million Dollar Matchmaker episode that featured Ashley!  The brunette guy was definitely an upgrade, he was a hotter and more put together Jared 😄

• Love 2