Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: In a Bind

• Start Topic

The deck crew powers through an awkward night out after Courtney is promoted to lead deckhand during off-charter hours; Natasha reels from a dramatic exchange with her boyfriend; A new crew member is welcomed on motor yacht Home; Familiar charter guests return and surprise the crew by requesting some risqué offerings, including a nude photo shoot and a BDSM-themed dinner; Natalya sees red when Kyle doesn't complete a housekeeping task, and the charter boils over into a heated argument.

Bravo Airdate: 10/10/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Jason looked happy he was leaving. I hope there is a reunion and he shows up.  The new deck hand seems ok I guess but the funny thing he said was the only one who thinks he is funny is himself.  Is he just another version of Jason. Wonder what he says next week.

I think Dave did that on purpose with Natasha but I didn't have a problem with it. Why didn't  you just say I'm talking to my boyfriend instead of I want to say hi to my dogs. I'm sure the boyfriend heard that.   She needs to pick a different type of guy.

I guess if someone isn't smailing and telling Natasha how wonderful she is they are screaming at her.  No one was screaming.  Literally no one was.  She just doesn't want to hear anything negative. She is a horrible chief stew.  The only one that can go to her is Kyle. Natalya can't because she won't listen.

Kyle you are so awful and so unprofessional.  You actually told the guest your room wasn't done because the head of housekeeping was at the beach?  Seriously? I don't blame Natalya for being livid on that at all.  You were told that needed to be done.  Did you two talk about drinks all day?  Kyle maybe you would also see a problem with Natasha's provisions if you were actually putting the over ordered items away and had to find room.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12

100% agree with you. Kyle is an embarrassment to hard working South Africans, he is such a lazy drama queen and so far up Natasha's backside he can see her tonsils. He resents Natalya because she is so much harder working than he is - not to mention unprofessional with his over sexualising everything to the guests and starting a relationship one week with a guest and the next he is praying the new deckhand is gay. What a slut. Natasha is the worst chief stew I've seen on any of the below deck franchises. She is a weak leader, she leads men on and then melts down when she is called out on her shit. I sincerely hope that neither Kyle nor Natasha are ever in another season. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12

was one that thought Dave was overly emotional acting out but Natasha had the problem however, I'm also not fond of Natalya.  I think that she is just as disruptive as Kyle and Natalya's slacking.  She is wishy washy and rude to Storm and it is never okay to speak to your boss as she does whether you agree with them or not.  She goes around to other crew members getting them on her side re:  Kyle and Natasha which is never good.  The three of them need to go.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, SerendipityRSA said:

100% agree with you. Kyle is an embarrassment to hard working South Africans, he is such a lazy drama queen and so far up Natasha's backside he can see her tonsils. He resents Natalya because she is so much harder working than he is - not to mention unprofessional with his over sexualising everything to the guests and starting a relationship one week with a guest and the next he is praying the new deckhand is gay. What a slut. Natasha is the worst chief stew I've seen on any of the below deck franchises. She is a weak leader, she leads men on and then melts down when she is called out on her shit. I sincerely hope that neither Kyle nor Natasha are ever in another season. 

Unfortunately Kyle is already filming the next season, why Bravo thought it'd be a good idea to bring back such a lazy little shit like him is beyond me?

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, sasywt ch said:

was one that thought Dave was overly emotional acting out but Natasha had the problem however, I'm also not fond of Natalya.  I think that she is just as disruptive as Kyle and Natalya's slacking.  She is wishy washy and rude to Storm and it is never okay to speak to your boss as she does whether you agree with them or not.  She goes around to other crew members getting them on her side re:  Kyle and Natasha which is never good.  The three of them need to go.

I guess disagree.  How is she speaking to her cheif stew that is not ok?  She isn't yelling at her. It's clear she can't talk to her without Natasha saying she is yelling at her when she isn't. Natasha said Sandy was screaming at her when she wasn't.  Every issue she has had with the interior I think has been valid. She talks to Courtney because they both see the mess from her provision orders and see the same thing. Natasha is doing the same with Dave and Kyle.

Natalya isn't perfect by any means and she butts in with the deck issues when she shouldn't.  Nat and Storm are another Dave and Natasha for sure.

2 minutes ago, Genus said:

Unfortunately Kyle is already filming the next season, why Bravo thought it'd be a good idea to bring back such a lazy little shit like him is beyond me?

That sucks that he is.  So disappointing to hear that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Kyle talks a lot of shit so Bravo must think he’s entertaining.

Natasha is so needy, which is why she’s taken to Kyle since he butters her up.

Hmm new deckhand Reid says he puts his foot in the mouth but is speechless when tHe nude models strip for the photo shoot.

I doubt the guest lugs all that BDSM stuff all the way to Malta and board a boat with it for one party.  He’s a repeat gUest of BDM so producers probably obtained the stuff so that The crew can dress up in leather.  Maybe the primary lugged his photo gear but again, I suspect this shooting of nude women is a producer-driven thing.  For sure they Like to put on nude models on BD shoes.

Natalya has worn out her welcome except she’s the only one in the interior who works.

Natasha & Kyle act like they're job sharing. Do they ever work independently? Natasha is the worst chief stew across all the franchises. Whiny, dismissive, lackadaisical.

Kyle thinks he's somehow above housekeeping. Telling the guests that their room was not cleaned because the "Head of Housekeeping" was on the excursion with them was completely beyond the pale.  He lashed out because Natalya overheard it and was rightfully upset. Ughh, the thought of another season with him....I can't.

Not sure how Storm could've handled Jason any differently. He talked to him and Jason asked to be replaced. I have a feeling it wasn't the first time he'd left a boat mid-season.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

The Decatur, AL deck hand is clearly a reality TV novice, which is refreshing. (ROLL TIDE)

Then we have the Kyles of the world who cynically coast through production, knowing they are guaranteed a spot on the next season. This fourth wall aspect is so predictable that it's boring.

I'm out.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

Natasha is so pathetic I actually feel sorry for her. What kind of low self-esteem issues make a woman respond to a guy telling her to fuck off with "I'll call you later"? I will bet you money she still hasn't dumped this abusive boyfriend she keeps calling and texting with. And does she really have no idea how badly she is still leading Dave on? There is something seriously wrong with her.

And Natalya really makes it hard to take her side. Yes, Natasha is a shit Chief Stew and Kyle is rubbish at his job too. But Natalya's bossy, snotty attitude doesn't do her any favors. She acts like she's the boss of the boat. This was another instance of her insisting Kyle should have been doing something else than whatever he was doing. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the deckhands' job to deal with whatever is on deck? She is inserting herself into these situations and then getting all pissy that Kyle and Natasha are not. 

What on God's green earth was Jason wearing when he left the boat? I noticed to mismatched flip flops in an earlier episode but what was up with those leggings? He really is an odd duck.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MyMaui said:

I guess disagree.  How is she speaking to her cheif stew that is not ok?  She isn't yelling at her. It's clear she can't talk to her without Natasha saying she is yelling at her when she isn't. Natasha said Sandy was screaming at her when she wasn't.  Every issue she has had with the interior I think has been valid. She talks to Courtney because they both see the mess from her provision orders and see the same thing. Natasha is doing the same with Dave and Kyle.

Natalya isn't perfect by any means and she butts in with the deck issues when she shouldn't.  Nat and Storm are another Dave and Natasha for sure.

Imonrey, the poster above articulated it better than I can.  I see an underhanded bossy person that secretly wants the top job.  I'm not saying Natasha and Kyle are doing great, I think the 3 of them need to go.  She is not only telling Courtney, she is also telling Storm.  

• Love 1

Natasha is an utter failure at managing. She won’t talk to her angry staff to even try to understand her frustrations, she instead gossips about her with another staff member and treats him like he’s her pet. Natalya is a know-it-all and I wish she’d approach the situation with less complaints and with a more mature attitude but of course she’s sick of doing all the work while the other two frolic. Kyle even seemed to realize it was shifty that they hadn’t done the main cabin, he said it sheepishly.  They have no idea how bad they come off but Kyle clearly thinks he’s going to be a big reality tv star so he doesn’t care. 

Natasha is unsurprisingly pathetic when it comes to her verbally abusive boyfriend. And Dave still following her around like a puppy dog is pathetic but he seems as much a glutton for punishment as she is. I liked Natalya telling Storm directly things are getting to be too much. She didn’t do it hoping he’d try to convince her otherwise, she just meant it.  New deckhand seems decent, and what he says next week doesn’t actually seem bad I think Courtney just didn’t take it as a joke. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Like a bunch of bad decisions made even worse, these comments are in order of the episode broadcast…

Natasha: “I think Natalya wants to be Chief Stew and she just wants to make me look bad.”  No, darling, you’ve made yourself look as bad as it gets.  You have no managerial skills.  You let Kyle walk all over you.  You have to make drama about cleaning a pantry area.  Please.

Not buying the whole Storm/Mzi  “behind the door” drama at the start of the episode.  Hey, Bravo, here’s a tip: If you want drama, film actual drama, not “radio” drama.  At least I might be inclined to believe the former.

And here we go again.  Drunk Courtney wants to get with Drunk Mzi.  Drunk (and sober) Mzi wants Courtney.  The next morning this will come to naught.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

So, Kyle has established himself as the Svengali to Natasha.  I wonder how long it will last.

Courtney (commenting on her being lead deckhand over Mzi): “I think he’s fine.”  He has a massive crush on you, Courtney, and has had since the last season.  He’s not “fine”.  We’ve all seen this.

Kyle, you are an utter douchebag and the laziest interior crew member I’ve seen since Bravo started doing these shows.

The docking sequence went smoothly and without drama and very quickly – no dolphin drama.  Improvement on the part of the crew?  Or just dismissive because the camera crew didn’t want to hang out in the rain?

Kyle, you are such a lazy douche.  We have to put up with you not just for the rest of this season, but another as well?  Your excuse for not cleaning is “time limitations”?  What, limited by your inability to do your job or anything else?  And then you try to make excuses to a guest because of your own laziness?  You are a piece of work, mate – a bad piece.

Next week:  Will the guests sink the boat?  Will the Interior Crew kill each other?  Will BDSM equate to Below Deck Substandard Mediterranean?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake…

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

You are a piece of work, mate – a bad piece.

As soon on my TV, those pieces are getting progressively bigger, evidence that he spends most of his time eating when he should be working.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 2
On 10/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, sasywt ch said:

Imonrey, the poster above articulated it better than I can.  I see an underhanded bossy person that secretly wants the top job.  I'm not saying Natasha and Kyle are doing great, I think the 3 of them need to go.  She is not only telling Courtney, she is also telling Storm.  

That's fine.  I am sure I am in the minority with Natalya and I'm fine with that too.  It's just opinion and speculation. I would keep Natalya and get rid of the other two.  

I just don't see her as someone who is underhanded,  just someone who is sick of the cheif stew and her side kick slacking off.  Honestly, I would be way worse than her.  So she is telling Storm too.  Natasha is complaing to Kyle and Dave so really they both cancel each other out. Everything she has complained about with the interior is true.  She isn't yelling or screaming at Natasha. If things aren't getting done why can't you tell her what needs to happen?  If someone is yelling back at you that you are screaming...when you aren't...you will continue to explain.

Kyle avoids any hard labor at all costs.  He did the table when provisions came in?  Other charters all the crew helped with provisons.  When he was asked about it he had no idea what the problem was because he wasn't the one having to make room. He was an unprofessional jerk blaming Natayla for the rooms when Kyle and Natasha should have cleaned them.  They were specifically told about it.  His answer was to tell the guest it was her fault.

Not a hill I am willing to die on lol.  Agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
11 hours ago, MyMaui said:

hat's fine.  I am sure I am in the minority with Natalya and I'm fine with that too.  It's just opinion and speculation. I would keep Natalya and get rid of the other two.  

I just don't see her as someone who is underhanded,  just someone who is sick of the cheif stew and her side kick slacking off.  Honestly, I would be way worse than her.  So she is telling Storm too.  Natasha is complaing to Kyle and Dave so really they both cancel each other out. Everything she has complained about with the interior is true.  She isn't yelling or screaming at Natasha. If things aren't getting done why can't you tell her what needs to happen?  If someone is yelling back at you that you are screaming...when you aren't...you will continue to explain.

Kyle avoids any hard labor at all costs.  He did the table when provisions came in?  Other charters all the crew helped with provisons.  When he was asked about it he had no idea what the problem was because he wasn't the one having to make room. He was an unprofessional jerk blaming Natayla for the rooms when Kyle and Natasha should have cleaned them.  They were specifically told about it.  His answer was to tell the guest it was her fault.

No, you are not alone.  I think Natayla is just giving it back to the two bullies she works with.  I find it refreshing she isn't just taking their shit and crying about it to us.  Kyle telling the "clean" client that her room was not cleaned due to "head of household" was on the beach with them should have gotten him fired.  Seriously, it was a gross misrepresentation of what actually happened.  So, yes, I am glad Natalya called him out on it when he said it.  It was a BS statement, and he is mad he got CAUGHT saying it.  I think she should have told Sandy what he said.  Totally not acceptable.

• Applause 3
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, gaPeach said:

It was a BS statement, and he is mad he got CAUGHT saying it. 

Totally agree with this. He knew he was in the wrong, and we heard him saying he was supposed to clean the room. However some of the blame falls on Natasha too. If I were the chief stew and I saw a preference sheet stating a guest expected an immaculate room, I'd think it was pretty important and would have somebody checking the room every time the guest left it. We keep hearing how they'll do whatever the guest asks to get a good tip. Here's what someone wants and it's not that hard to do. Heck, if I were Tash,  I might even do it myself.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, rur said:

If I were the chief stew and I saw a preference sheet stating a guest expected an immaculate room, I'd think it was pretty important and would have somebody checking the room every time the guest left it. We keep hearing how they'll do whatever the guest asks to get a good tip.

I also agree that Kyle was caught and he was just lashing out angrily to misdirect attention and blame. I had a work colleague that did this all the time and once you realized it, it was as easy to spot as a raisin in a bowl of rice. As far as the uncleaned room itself, I suspect producers seeded the preference sheet with this request in order to create the drama later on.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 3

Kyle, what would you have done if the guest had asked you why you didn't clean the cabin? After all, if the "head of housekeeping" is on the beach, someone else has to clean.

Natasha, thy name is gaslighter.  You gaslight Dave and now you are gaslighting Natalaya saying she is yelling when she isn't . I hate when people respond to being criticized by saying the person speaking is yelling at them.

• Love 5
On 10/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, MyMaui said:

That's fine.  I am sure I am in the minority with Natalya and I'm fine with that too.  It's just opinion and speculation. I would keep Natalya and get rid of the other two.  

I think we agree more than disagree, just that I don't care for any of the three.  I think Natalya reminds me of Bugsy which I did not like at all and Natasha reminds me of Malia.  Kyle is just whiney.

• Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, Genus said:

Do you know who else is coming back besides Kyle?

On 10/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, aqusdealer said:

As far as the uncleaned room itself, I suspect producers seeded the preference sheet with this request in order to create the drama later on.

I agree. When Kyle brought it up to the guest she looked like she didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. And I also found it pretty unlikely that someone has a cleanliness fetish and yet her belongings were literally scattered across the floor. That doesn’t jive for me.

All of this makes Kyle’s throwing Natalya under the bus even worse. The guest wasn’t even aware no cleaning had happened until Kyle brought it up and then blamed Nat.

Natalya does get a bit bossy, but I can sympathize. I too tend to take charge when there is a vacuum of decision making. Natasha’s avoidance tactics means there’s a gap in leadership and Natalya is stepping in. Not the correct thing to do in terms of the hierarchy but I get why.

• Love 9

If it weren't for Nat, nothing on the interior would get done at all.  She is constantly cleaning, doing laundry, working on tablescapes and when she actually gets to go on an excursion, the other two can't be bothered to clean one room!  If roles were reversed, Nat would have made sure the room was cleaned up and if not, I'm sure Tash would have been upset with her.  I think Nat is getting frustrated over the lack of work ethic on the part of the other two, as well as Tash's poor managerial skills.  They need to have a meeting where she calmly states her grievances (where do we put all the extra provisions-- or maybe someone else is responsible for finding cubby holes for an enormous supply of beverages.) 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/4/2022 at 5:58 AM, pasdetrois said:

The Decatur, AL deck hand is clearly a reality TV novice, which is refreshing. (ROLL TIDE)

I think I like him.  Reid said he was upset about the nude models because he comes from a deeply religious family.  I expect he's going to get his "mind blown" about other things as the season progresses.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:16 PM, Tanukisan said:

So, Kyle has established himself as the Svengali to Natasha.

Oh, pardon me.  I read this and then I had that thing when vomit goes into your throat.  I'd tell Natasha to run but 1) it's too late and 2) I don't care.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:31 AM, gaPeach said:

No, you are not alone.  I think Natayla is just giving it back to the two bullies she works with.  I find it refreshing she isn't just taking their shit and crying about it to us.  Kyle telling the "clean" client that her room was not cleaned due to "head of household" was on the beach with them should have gotten him fired.  Seriously, it was a gross misrepresentation of what actually happened.  So, yes, I am glad Natalya called him out on it when he said it.  It was a BS statement, and he is mad he got CAUGHT saying it.  I think she should have told Sandy what he said.  Totally not acceptable.

Besides that being absolutely inappropriate and angering the thing that bugged me the most about that WHOLE situation wasn't what he said to the client but the fact that he had the nerve to tell Natalya that she's gonna need to hit the cabin because it still wasn't done. So basically, he's telling her to do work that he should have been finished. "So um Natalya, I didn't feel like doing it so you're just going to have to". I would have cursed him out right then and there!!! It's not that it's HER responsibility it's THEIR responsibility so he just decided that she would do it because he didn't want to. What in the actual FUCK?? He just said time limitations as an excuse oh man I would have marched straight to Tasha and said you have cabins to do while I take over service cause your little friend decided to ignore the cabins this whole time and I'm not having it. Someone's getting it done and it ain't going to be me. Figure it out sis!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I agree. When Kyle brought it up to the guest she looked like she didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. And I also found it pretty unlikely that someone has a cleanliness fetish and yet her belongings were literally scattered across the floor. That doesn’t jive for me.

I know, I would have thought she would have been a bit tidier for herself her room was a pig sty.  I was thinking she was a germaphobe but she is just a slob.  

I have never understood when the chief stew has a performance issue with her subordinates why doesn't the chief make a punch list/time line for them, that way they know what is expected of them and the chief stew knows if their tasks have been completed this way she can take it to the captain if needed.

• Love 2

Some chief stews and some bosuns have done check lists for their staff.  Problem is when someone does something different that takes them away from their normal tasks, like Nat going to the beach instead of being there to do the cabins.  Then, as members of a team, the other people are supposed to cover for them.

What are those suspended chairs for?  Fishing?

• Love 2
On 10/3/2022 at 6:35 AM, MyMaui said:

Kyle you are so awful and so unprofessional. 

Kyle went on WWHL and insinuated that Frank had a small penis after Frank had nothing but good things to say about Kyle. Kyle truly is a lowlife POS!

• Mind Blown 7
On 10/10/2022 at 10:36 PM, Pop Tart said:

I can believe that she knew nothing about it, but I also definitely know of people who get off on making messes for other people to clean up and consider it part of their holiday. 

Sad to hear Kyle is back. He clearly has thought he's the star of the show since his little love affair, but Joao thought the same and production was stringing him along the whole time. 

I tend to see the hand of production in everything, so I also think it's very likely that Natalya was bitching to coworkers and maybe the film crew, but was led to confrontations she wouldn't necessarily normally have had by the "need" to document it for the show.  "Golly, we'd love to show them not working and how hard you're working, and the mess and all, but unless there's a conversation about it, there's no way to put it all together!"

• Like 1

Were any of these charter guests a couple or was it a I’ll take you on a trip if I can take nude pics of you situation? I got a creepy vibe from the whole group. 
Natasha needs to be a chief stew and make Kyle do some work instead of laying down on him and expecting him to coddle her all day. I normally wouldn’t like Natalya’s constant attitude but in this case it’s a necessity.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Were any of these charter guests a couple or was it a I’ll take you on a trip if I can take nude pics of you situation? I got a creepy vibe from the whole group. 

I am pretty sure there was some sort of financial agreement between those girls and primary, they never even talked during the charter did they?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2022 at 5:58 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Very creepy. The mean part of me kind of loved how obvious it was that everyone thought he was pervy and creepy. Sorry, dude, no twenty-something wants to have sex with you. Ever. Ew. Or flirt with you.  As Nat said in response to his flirtatious remark, 'Yuck." I hope he watches it.

• Applause 1
On 10/3/2022 at 6:28 PM, aghst said:

I doubt the guest lugs all that BDSM stuff all the way to Malta and board a boat with it for one party.  He’s a repeat gUest of BDM so producers probably obtained the stuff so that The crew can dress up in leather.  Maybe the primary lugged his photo gear but again, I suspect this shooting of nude women is a producer-driven thing.  For sure they Like to put on nude models on BD shoes.

That was the most lack luster BDSM party I've ever watched, lol.