Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04: And Then There Were Three

• Start Topic

I'm wondering now, if Janelle bought the RV because she wanted to have somewhere to live no matter what happened. She knew Christine was thinking about leaving, but as they have all said, they have all thought of leaving, but I think she knew Christine was more serious this time around. If this is why Janelle bought the camper, then it makes sense to me.

Janelle gave herself options - living at CP, moving to Utah, or even moving to NC. There are campgrounds and RV parks everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11

I don't know why Kody thought that Christine was going to Utah b/c she has a boyfriend there. She had just explained that her parents live there as well as Aspyn and Mitch and Mykelti and Tony. And as she said, if Kody spend 3 out of 800 days with Truely in Flagstaff, why the heck would he want joint custody now? His ego I assume.

• Like 4
  • Love 9

What the heck happened with Robyn's eyebrows??? They were so distracting. And that over styled hair does not look good on her. Here's a recent picture compared with one a few years ago:

image.png.b206fb21d55593d1f6f81fc66a5e4d01.png                image.png.0b672e75c76d333ed3516d081b575c68.png I think she looks better with straight hair.

2 minutes ago, applewood said:

Delete post

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Absolom said:

One of the biggest problems with the overdone or staged drama that TLC likes to offer is that this show is running a year and half (on average now) behind and we already know how the drama was resolved or what they're actually doing now.  

Right, its like when I was a kid, I knew where my parents hid all the Christmas gifts so when Christmas came it wasn't such a surprise  

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I love how Meri is all high and mighty about the sacred 'vows' of marriage and talking down about Christine for leaving kodouche.   If I was Christine I would have said to her ,                "excuse me??! Wtf    Just because you want to live in a loveless marriage with a guy who's inattentive and a bully,  and only wants passion with Robyn,  doesn't mean I'm gonna keep on doing it.   I'm going to live my life!"      Yay for Christine!   Her whole being is changed...she's lit up.   You can feel how excited she is to get away from this circus.    The kids will live through it... they're stronger than your think.   It's no reason to stay in a marriage that isn't even really a marriage on a basic level.    Funny how he's demanding 50/50 with Truly.   He doesn't care about not being able to see her.   He just wants to cause Christine strife because he's so pissed.    Ughh

Janelle's trailer has 2 bathrooms???!!!  Did I hear that right??  My apt only has one!  Lol.   Over the top expensive is what these women are all about.  Gee,  does it have a wet bar?  And she can just run off and buy a 1 ton truck like,  no big deal....money is no object?  Damn...I'm gonna be a reality TV star in my next life 🙄   

Something in this post caught my eye….Kody passionate with Robyn……I’m trying to envision it.  I’m not sure why I can’t.  Kody is so angry and resentful.  I can’t imagine him being right with anyone, based on what we’ve seen.  And, from the miserable way Robyn appears…..it doesn’t seem like she’s getting her love tank filled.  Lol 

I agree about the RV being super nice.  I suppose it was a good option to know you had a place to stay, no matter which state you’re in.  They were in short supply at the time.  It did provide content for the show and her media following. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Custody is supposed to be in the best interest of the child. That would be a matter of opinion, from someone outside the family. If there ever was a custody case started, Truely would for sure be questioned.

I don’t think there will be, but if there were, Christine would be very prepared, and Kody wouldn’t come across very well. I don’t think they’ll go the court route at all.

I agree that they would not want to go to a courtroom for sure.  Too much negative history with that, based on what their families have dealt with, but most judges want to insure there is substantial time with each parent. Even if the history isn’t great and even if the child isn’t wild about it.  As long as there isn’t any abuse and the parent is fit, they’ll order substantial time as possible.  The court would want to prevent any further estrangement of the child from parent.  And they tend to frown on punishing the parent who hasn’t exercised proper time before.  But, this is likely a moot point, because I think that Kody will likely agree to any schedule Christine wants and that his protest over custodial time was for tv purposes only.  

I hate to be so critical of their homes, but is it common to have large weeds growing near the door to your home?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

So, I'm obsessed with the idea of living in a camper.  But I'm poor and can't do it.  My in-laws are rolling in dough and have 2 of the huge ones, like Janelle's getting.  Yes, there's plenty of room to  live in full time.  So here's my estimates.  Janelle's is new, so say $300,000 to $450,000.  Then a truck big enough to pull it!  Add another $60,000 minimum.  Are my estimates off?

HOW THE HELL MUCH DO THESE PEOPLE MAKE????

Your estimates are off.  The huge motor homes cost that much.  A fifth wheel does not.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Robyn and Meri are cut from the same cloth. We could put both of them together and we still wouldn't have a totally sane person.

We’d have 1 totally insane person…..

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 10
53 minutes ago, applewood said:

I don't know why Kody thought that Christine was going to Utah b/c she has a boyfriend there. She had just explained that her parents live there as well as Aspyn and Mitch and Mykelti and Tony. And as she said, if Kody spend 3 out of 800 days with Truely in Flagstaff, why the heck would he want joint custody now? His ego I assume.

I think he’s wondering about another potential catfish. Or looking supremely unmanly if she left him for someone else. I suspect that’s why Sobyn asked if Christine still believes in polygamy. Checking she wasn’t joining another plyg clan. That would be Kody’s worst nightmare. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Robyn and Meri so distraught about Christine leaving. Robyn can't imagine not having Christine as a sister wife anymore. When was the last time either one of them picked up the phone and actually called Christine or initiated any kind of contact with her? Back when they lived in Las Vegas I'd guess.

When Robyn asked Christine whether she would still believe in plural marriage if her relationship with Kody were better, part of me wanted Christine to reply: 'If he spent as much time with me and my kids as he does with you, and he worked as hard to make sure my needs were met as he does yours, then maybe.' I would have loved to see Robyn's reaction to that.

I can imagine Kody and Robyn's reaction to Christine actually sharing 50/50 custody with Truely. Christine would call and say she was bringing Truely down for a couple of weeks and their reaction would either be: 1) Oh we've just got so much going on right now, it's just not a good time, or 2) We'll put the nanny on the phone so you can tell her what she needs to do for Truely while she's here.

Perfectly said. I’ve been waiting for this scenario to happen for years! I’ve always thought Kody kept faking a marriage to Christine in order to keep her on the show and/or to keep Robyn from having to host Christine’s kids for visitation.

Kody’s first thought is that Christine is casting her eye around for a possible mate. That’s because that’s what hE has always done. 

Meri letting Robyn ask the hard questions was sooo telling. It means Meri didn’t feel like she had the right to ask questions about the marriage since she’s checked out of that. But she did feel all right making snarkaroo comments from the sidelines because she felt Christine was jeopardizing the show, which she’s involved in.

Janelle pressing  Christine about Truely when she knows Kody is absent from Janelle’s OWN children’s lives meant she was suddenly worried about the show as well since the Browns are obviously contracted to do holiday shows each year.

All this leads me to believe that these marriages imploded long ago and they are just reenacting that process. If there is a current problem, it’s visitation. Christine got talked into staying for and moving for the show and so her girls could see their dad only to have the rug pulled out from under her. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Yes, they would give him 50% custody. Christine participated in the polygamy too, and Kody only has one legal marriage. Lots of guys with multiple baby mamas get joint custody. Kody is not a crack head or a felon. He would have an easy time getting decent visitation if he actually wanted it. But we all know he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time. 

Exactly. Kody's whining that men aren't treated fairly during custody hearings is patently false, which has been borne out time and time again when this so-called fact is trotted out by MRA types. The reason kids end up with women is because their dads don't fight for them. If he gave one tenth of an actual shit about Truely, he would have very little to no trouble getting joint custody. But he won't because he's lazy and angry at the audacity Christine has in actually leaving him, and so of course he's going to take that out on his minor children. (I am not saying that Kody not having custody would be a punishment to Truely; indeed, it would be a gift to her. But that is how he would see it.) 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I go back and forth on Coyote Pass. Typically if you own a house or property more than 5 years you'll make some money selling it. Of course you would had to have paid a reasonable price on a usable house/property.

I wonder if the Browns got swindled or if they'll make bank if they sell.

This was discussed at length a while back. It basically came down to the following: Kody believed he’d done an amazing deal. Particularly because he’d managed to get a discount by accepting the plot without any basic amenities like running water, gas, electricity etc. 

Some fellow posters with experience in building on such plots explained to us that this was a huge mistake! It’s going to cost an absolute fortune to get all that stuff done, definitely more then he got as a discount. And then you’d still face all the costs of all paperwork, the architect and building the house(s). It was their guess that they may have made some money over the past few years, but not much. Basically because it’s a completely undeveloped plot that requires a lot of work to get it ready. This probably makes it hard to sell as well.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Hello all, I've been reading here for years and finally got the gumption to join the fray. What gave me the push is probably going to be an unpopular opinion: I'm genuinely concerned for Sobyn.

Manchild is spiraling badly and, however she got there, Sobyn is the one who is living with him full time. If she reaches whatever her breaking point is, how does she leave? She's never had enough autonomy (again, I'm disregarding whether she initially chose/desired it it or not) to be able to make the break like the other three. We can see how he's trying to poison the well regarding Christine and trying to gaslight the hell out of her. His new patriarchy stance is being attributed to her leaving.

I don't like Sobyn. I don't like anything about her. Ditto Meri, for the record. But some of the things Sobyn has said about Kody's anger and darkness coupled with his latest patriarchy rant give me The Fear.

Welcome!  I only recently started watching again because I didn't care for Robyn since the beginning. I didn't like how Kody favored her & by extension her children, over everyone else. I think Robyn is very much in control and only does and says the things she does, for the viewership. To quote "BF Greek Wedding", I believe Kody is the head but Robyn is very much the neck. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, applewood said:

What the heck happened with Robyn's eyebrows??? They were so distracting. And that over styled hair does not look good on her. Here's a recent picture compared with one a few years ago:

image.png.b206fb21d55593d1f6f81fc66a5e4d01.png                image.png.0b672e75c76d333ed3516d081b575c68.png I think she looks better with straight hair.

To me the eyebrows look like quotation marks and her hair looks like bad box dye. The curls would be ok if she brushed them out a bit, but I agree her hair looks better straight.

WHAT is going on with Robyn’s neck. I don’t wanna speculate as I’m not a doctor but, it’s really grown over the years. I grabbed this screenshot from Reddit as I couldn’t link it: 

05ACE7D5-A5CB-451B-B4B4-85FC5DAC9AAE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 7
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I really have to wonder if anything will ever get built. How long has it been now? Talk about jumping into something half assed! How much money have they wasted?!

Meri is the last one who should talk. If her catfish boyfriend hadn't been such a disaster she would have been out the door years ago. I don't know why she is willing to live this way. 

Janelle making the move she did is forcing kody to do something instead of standing on prairie dog  plagued dirt mounds 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

I  am not watching but its easy to understand why Meri would be angry. Think about if you've ever worked at a crappy job, and for various reasons you can't just easily quit and get a new one. Co-workers often start bonding by bitching to each other about how much everything sucks, or what a jerk the boss is.  Then one day, someone announces they're quitting.  Suddenly it makes everyone else question themselves why they are just sitting there taking it.

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Your estimates are off.  The huge motor homes cost that much.  A fifth wheel does not.   

Oh, thank you.  Now that you mention it, it is the huge motor homes my in laws have ($$$$$), not a 5th wheel.   

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

To me the eyebrows look like quotation marks and her hair looks like bad box dye. The curls would be ok if she brushed them out a bit, but I agree her hair looks better straight.

WHAT is going on with Robyn’s neck. I don’t wanna speculate as I’m not a doctor but, it’s really grown over the years. I grabbed this screenshot from Reddit as I couldn’t link it: 

05ACE7D5-A5CB-451B-B4B4-85FC5DAC9AAE.jpeg

interesting.  As for her eyebrows, it is very common for thyroid issues to thin out eyebrows.  Wonder if she is compensating for that.  She's overdoing it, but that might be the root of the problem.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
2 hours ago, applewood said:

I don't know why Kody thought that Christine was going to Utah b/c she has a boyfriend there. 

Kody is so full of himself that he thinks the only reason Christine would leave him is because she has another man. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Part 2 of my Meri rant:

I can't believe I forgot about Meri criticizing Christine's character.  She said that Christine has been negative and sour looking since the early days of their marriage (I'm paraphrasing here).  Meri, yes Meri, is saying THAT!?!  Pot, meet kettle!

And also "she's (Christine) is good at hiding it".   Resentment much, Meri?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

We chatted about the camper a lot last summer in this forum. I think we had knowledgeable people discuss things like potable water and waste removal.

Thank you!  I rarely watch the show, but sometimes drop by for the snark.  But I've watched the last couple of episodes to see how Christine breaks free, with the added benefit of discovering the depths of Kody's assholery, which I'll admit is fascinating because I have the good fortune to never have had to deal with a victim/martyr of his caliber.

I remember discussions about the trailer a pretty long time ago (I probably participated--I've lived fulltime in a motorhome for 19 years now and know a thing or two about it), so I was surprised to see her talking about buying it.  I really wondered if I was losing my mind, or time traveling, or maybe she was buying her second one?  But now I get it--the trailer talk from before was real time, and not on the show.  What we're now seeing on the show happened a while back.  What a relief. 

I was actually impressed that Kody said his truck wouldn't pull that trailer, but then it occurred to me that it was probably just an excuse because he didn't want Janelle to have the trailer in the first place, and he just happens to be correct that his truck has no business pulling that trailer.  Also a relief, because I won't abide any redemption on his part.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
Misspelled name. Jenelle is on Teen Mom. Janelle is on Sister Wives. Not that I watch any reality TV.
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Anyone else notice Kody did the exact same twisting of his comments again, Christine asked him “Are we ever going to have an intimate marriage again?” And he shrugged indicating not….then later proclaimed he never SAID they wouldn’t just to attempt to counter her explanation of why she had decided to leave.  So she tells him she’s leaving him and taking Truly to live in UT and he needs to just let her go as he doesn’t love her, and he says OK….then later says he never SAID she could move to UT with Truly, he just said OK in response to her saying to let her go!  I wanted her to tell him to just stop it.  

He belief that it’s not HIM she’s leaving, it all rooted in her now no longer believing in polygamy - right Kody, the fact that toy are the worst example of a husband and father, who cares nothing for most of your children or wives, yeah that has zero to do with her decision to walk away.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Robyn left a sucky marriage.    Why can’t Christine??

Because Robyn is special and she and Kody were destined to be together. Remember how Robyn willed her ex out of existence with that creepy drawing?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

So, I'm obsessed with the idea of living in a camper.  But I'm poor and can't do it.  My in-laws are rolling in dough and have 2 of the huge ones, like Janelle's getting.  Yes, there's plenty of room to  live in full time.  So here's my estimates.  Janelle's is new, so say $300,000 to $450,000.  Then a truck big enough to pull it!  Add another $60,000 minimum.  Are my estimates off?

HOW THE HELL MUCH DO THESE PEOPLE MAKE????

Googled for that info and read that it's anywhere from $25,000.00 to $40,000.00 per episode.  I think that's combined with all of them, but not sure.   Probably depends on how many of them are in each episode.   Either way, it's less than I thought it was going to be and more than they deserve, imho.  

Kotex can fritter that much away in no time, I'm sure.  Hiring architects and land surveyors and moving 4 wives and a kabillion kids on a whim takes money.  I know moving can kill a decent bank account in no time flat.  I know this because hubby and I moved a lot due to his job and we made Gypsies look like homesteaders.   

Unless Kotex is big into the stock market and made money that way, I can't see how any of them have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.  I honestly believe he's that worthless.   Of course, there's that extra money he's saved keeping his kids away from decent healthcare and home birthing...

Arrrrgh!  He's such a puke-faced slubberdegullion I can't stand it.  🤮

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Income from reality tv is difficult to gauge.  Some do quite well and others don’t.  I recently saw reports of a teen mom who makes quite well and the amount was public due to her child support case documents and the court used it for calculations.  TLC probably pays less.  Still, I wonder.  I’m still convinced that Kody has one or more wealthy benefactors who have supported him well over the years.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I'm sure they're all still greatly impressed with your PATRIARCIAL PONTIFICATION.   Line up girls, the decision maker is about to step on your heads.    

AND get his stink all over you!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Mind Blown 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I posted this back in the real time when Janelle purchased the 5th wheel trailer. Just so anyone can have a look at what she purchased.

My general guess at what she would have had to pay for a truck capable of towing this monster is at least $45,000, depending on new or used or how decked out she would need.  However...learning to drive this kind of rig is a skill in its own. Naturally we know that she paid professional haulers to move the trailer around.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

To me the eyebrows look like quotation marks

Her eyebrows and eye shadow look like that yin and yang diagram, where you put both parts together to make a circle.  In Robyn's case, it's a rectangle.  She has that weird thick part of her brows on the inner part of her eyes, and her brown eye shadow is only on the outer part of her eye, and it looks like if you raised the eye shadow toward her eyebrow, it would fit perfectly under the non-thick part of the brow.

Clearly, it's distracting.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Yes, they would give him 50% custody. Christine participated in the polygamy too, and Kody only has one legal marriage. Lots of guys with multiple baby mamas get joint custody. Kody is not a crack head or a felon. He would have an easy time getting decent visitation if he actually wanted it. But we all know he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time. 

Maybe C has some info re: Kody that she can hold over his head. Idk, I just hope so!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2

So I haven’t watched this show in years, but I spent this afternoon watching the current season.  Kody is such an a-hole. How can he not watch this - as well as Robyn- and not realize how horrible, selfish and controlling he is??  Why do ANY of those women stay with him? And I can’t imagine any of the kids (other than Robyn’s) having any type of relationship with him, or even caring if they do.  Kody is using Covid as an excuse to do whatever he wants, and to not do whatever he doesn’t want.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

General random thoughts....

Christine has worked very hard to keep her composure for these conversations and it shows.

I don't think Janelle realized what the potential loss of Christine was until she spit out..."so. no more Christmases" Because the family only really gets together (even pre-Covid) for birthdays and Christmas. And even in the audience we can tell that the heart of family celebrations came from Christine.

Meri is angry, which is interesting. I wonder if she made promises to her mother to stick it out no matter what and she is pissed that Christine is just wimping out on all that love and joy that polygamy brings.

Robyn is Robyn.  I think she is having a very difficult time in life. I think she is desperate to delude herself that she made the right choice and the right man/family. If she admits to herself that Kody is a bad enough "leader" and "husband" that means she has chosen a bad man.  But. But. It is God that directs her choices, and God is perfect and all knowing and finds really good rentals if you are a good enough believer. So. If Kody is a bad husband, and she chose him, then God was wrong and directed her in the wrong direction, and then oh my...that means that....God. Was. Wrong. When God is never wrong. So she is desperately clinging to the knowledge that Kody is good and the wives are all the baddies. She obeys him because he is good, and she makes her kids a prisoner to him, because he is good and right. Round and round we go. Robyn has some serious anxiety issues and I believe after watching this show (with clinical precision)...that all of her talking over everyone, trying to make them all act and talk in very specific ways is her trying to shape a world that she wants (needs?) to live in. A fantasy world. She needs to control everything.

Kody? lolol Wow. He has decided that Christine's worth is only valued on what man she is beholden to. Naturally, being such a lowly used up middle aged woman she could never be accepted by any man of any worth and now her only reason for wanting to live near almost all of her adult children and extended family, can only possibly be for a man. 🙄 Oh? Community?? That word ONLY means religious community to him. He is so lost and pigheaded that he can not fathom that anyone would want to be near such a lowly woman in any kind of polygamous gatherings. So. In his tiny head, she is to be openly shunned by all circa 1950. She left the control of her priesthood holder and needs to have a scarlet letter sewn onto her garments so that all know what a true fallen woman she is. 🙄 He really is a piece of work. Get ready ladies because he is locking you all down and you will all obey or....or.... or....

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, suev3333 said:

I love how Meri is all high and mighty about the sacred 'vows' of marriage and talking down about Christine for leaving kodouche.   If I was Christine I would have said to her ,                "excuse me??!

Excuse if this has been pointed out - but wasn't Meri the one who was ready to leave the family with Sam the Catfish? If Sam was real she would be long gone so for her to be sanctimonious and act like this is the worst thing ever is so hypocritical! I wish Christine had pointed that out to her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, zamp33 said:

Excuse if this has been pointed out - but wasn't Meri the one who was ready to leave the family with Sam the Catfish? If Sam was real she would be long gone so for her to be sanctimonious and act like this is the worst thing ever is so hypocritical! I wish Christine had pointed that out to her. 

Meri re-wrote that history long ago.  We are all supposed to believe that anything that looked like she was leaving was just her pretending because she was so scared.

I often wonder if they agreed to keep the catfish on the downlow once they moved to Flagstaff because it used to be right there in your face and now they seem to skirt around it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I remember discussions about the trailer a pretty long time ago (I probably participated--I've lived fulltime in a motorhome for 19 years now and know a thing or two about it), so I was surprised to see her talking about buying it.  I really wondered if I was losing my mind, or time traveling, or maybe she was buying her second one?  But now I get it--the trailer talk from before was real time, and not on the show.  What we're now seeing on the show happened a while back.  What a relief. 

Garrison also bought an old trailer and fixed it up, but in real time has since bought a fixer-upper house. He's handy and probably could make money on both if/when he sells them.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Auntie Freeze said:

Hello all, I've been reading here for years and finally got the gumption to join the fray. What gave me the push is probably going to be an unpopular opinion: I'm genuinely concerned for Sobyn.

Manchild is spiraling badly and, however she got there, Sobyn is the one who is living with him full time. If she reaches whatever her breaking point is, how does she leave? She's never had enough autonomy (again, I'm disregarding whether she initially chose/desired it it or not) to be able to make the break like the other three. We can see how he's trying to poison the well regarding Christine and trying to gaslight the hell out of her. His new patriarchy stance is being attributed to her leaving.

I don't like Sobyn. I don't like anything about her. Ditto Meri, for the record. But some of the things Sobyn has said about Kody's anger and darkness coupled with his latest patriarchy rant give me The Fear.

I personally couldn't give a rats ass about Sobyn and her being 'stuck' with Douche now. She is a horrible mother who dragged her kids into this, created a situation where she breeded anxiety into them to make them dependent on 'daddy Douche' and tie her pre-plyg brood tighter to him, and is so delusional that she went so far as to have a portrait made depicting her children from another father as really Kody's when they were babies. She is INfuckingSANE. Her children should be removed from her home because she is crazy. The two of them are in cahoots and I just don't have any empathy or sympathy to spare. I can't spare a square...

1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

General random thoughts....

Christine has worked very hard to keep her composure for these conversations and it shows.

I don't think Janelle realized what the potential loss of Christine was until she spit out..."so. no more Christmases" Because the family only really gets together (even pre-Covid) for birthdays and Christmas. And even in the audience we can tell that the heart of family celebrations came from Christine.

Meri is angry, which is interesting. I wonder if she made promises to her mother to stick it out no matter what and she is pissed that Christine is just wimping out on all that love and joy that polygamy brings.

Robyn is Robyn.  I think she is having a very difficult time in life. I think she is desperate to delude herself that she made the right choice and the right man/family. If she admits to herself that Kody is a bad enough "leader" and "husband" that means she has chosen a bad man.  But. But. It is God that directs her choices, and God is perfect and all knowing and finds really good rentals if you are a good enough believer. So. If Kody is a bad husband, and she chose him, then God was wrong and directed her in the wrong direction, and then oh my...that means that....God. Was. Wrong. When God is never wrong. So she is desperately clinging to the knowledge that Kody is good and the wives are all the baddies. She obeys him because he is good, and she makes her kids a prisoner to him, because he is good and right. Round and round we go. Robyn has some serious anxiety issues and I believe after watching this show (with clinical precision)...that all of her talking over everyone, trying to make them all act and talk in very specific ways is her trying to shape a world that she wants (needs?) to live in. A fantasy world. She needs to control everything.

Kody? lolol Wow. He has decided that Christine's worth is only valued on what man she is beholden to. Naturally, being such a lowly used up middle aged woman she could never be accepted by any man of any worth and now her only reason for wanting to live near almost all of her adult children and extended family, can only possibly be for a man. 🙄 Oh? Community?? That word ONLY means religious community to him. He is so lost and pigheaded that he can not fathom that anyone would want to be near such a lowly woman in any kind of polygamous gatherings. So. In his tiny head, she is to be openly shunned by all circa 1950. She left the control of her priesthood holder and needs to have a scarlet letter sewn onto her garments so that all know what a true fallen woman she is. 🙄 He really is a piece of work. Get ready ladies because he is locking you all down and you will all obey or....or.... or....

Madam, ^THIS^ is a thing of beauty. Perfectly stated. Bravo!

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

When did Janelle sell her LV house? Maybe she bought the RV so she wouldn't have to pay taxes on the full price of selling her home?

She listed it in July 2018, and it sold at the end of September 2019.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

When did Janelle sell her LV house? Maybe she bought the RV so she wouldn't have to pay taxes on the full price of selling her home?

This is the Browns we're talking about - they never plan ahead to save money on things like taxes, homes, utilities, etc. She sold her LV house in 2019, months after they bought the Plague Pass property and moved to Flagstaff in August 2018. That was the second rental she'd been in since they moved to Flagstaff and then bought the RV. Now she's in a third rental in Flag since Savanah didn't like living in the RV in the middle of nowhere in Summer 2021. She didn't get her driver's licence until after that, I think. Poor kid. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So do they all no longer share finances in one big pot? The fact that Janelle just went and put down the money for the trailer, and decided to buy a truck without asking, leads me to believe that she has her own money in her own account that she can do whatever she wants with. 

So does all Kody's money go into Robyn's account? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Women in the AUB and other polygamist cults get put out to pasture when they are done having children. The entire religion is about male power and having as many children as possible. Christine has lost her faith (thank goodness). I'm not sure where Janelle stands with the religion at this point.

I think that Robyn, Meri, and Kody are still firmly entrenched in their faith. I also think that TLC wants them to play down their religion for the show, so they do.

That's why their response to Christine leaving seems so crazy to us. Within their faith, she should quietly and meekly take what Kody is offering her like Meri does. According to their religion, if he ran his family correctly, Christine would accept her place and the children would be hopping on the polygamist bandwagon. Kody and his family are a failure in the eyes of their peers. Kody must feel very embarrassed.

The Without a Crystal Ball youtube channel said that the rumor that they've been kicked out of their chuch is false. The channel said that a Bishop of their church appeared on their show a few years ago dispelling this rumor.

This theory explains Kody's viewpoint on things (patriarchy, Christine should be happy that he shows up at all, etc.), rather than him being totally psychotic. It also explains Meri's anger and Robyn's off the wall questions and upset. The three of them are still seeing things through the prism of the cult.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4