Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04: And Then There Were Three

• Start Topic

Janelle makes a major decision about her living situation without telling Kody. The family disagrees about the kids returning back to school. Then, Christine gathers her sister wives to reveal that she's divorcing Kody.

Air Date: October 2, 2022. 

• Love 1

I suppose that if you are relying on your marriage to carry you into eternity, it’s a big dil to walk away.  I’m no expert on Mormon doctrine, but I suppose it’s risky going to heaven without a husband.  I have read that single people get the chance to marry in the afterlife.  Still, it’s risky.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am surprised at how angry Meri was with Christine for leaving.  I don’t believe for a second that it has anything to do with losing her, but rather because Christine has done what Meri didn’t have the courage to do.  It’s no secret that Meri has been miserable for years.  However, for whatever reason, she has convinced herself that she belongs with Kody, even if she must settle for crumbs.  Christine on the other hand has refused to settle.  She left quietly and easily with dignity and class.  I believe Meri is angry Christine left because now, she has to face all the lies and delusions she told herself as to why she needs to stay.    

I was also struck by Meri's anger.  Don't they need 4 wives to get into the upper echelon of whatever planet to which they subscribe? Maybe Meri is angry because she has stuck it out with the Kodester so that they could all get there, and now Christine is ruining it by leaving.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

I think they only need 3 wives to get to a higher echelon of heaven.  Kootie can't afford for another one to leave so he is talking harshly to Christine and trying to get Janelle & Meri to get back to complying with patriarchy.  But M&J now enjoy their freedom to travel at will.

Edited by deirdra
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I think they only need 3 wives to get to a higher echelon of heaven.  Kootie can't afford for another one to leave so he is talking harshly to Christine and trying to get Janelle & Meri to get back to complying with patriarchy.  But M&J now enjoy their freedom to travel at will.

Janelle looked so happy getting her RV. Mr. Shitty had to get his digs in about her decision, put her down. 

But! Meri, Christine, and finally Janelle have a place to stay. M &C in Utah, Janelle? Wherever she wants to be.  😃 

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Janelle may be a traveling, but she  hasn't formally left Kody. Enigmatic as ever. Smh. It will probably be next season before we get yo see her say it to his face. As opposed to saying it to him via the TLC producers in the talking head.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Kody can't see beyond his own ego. EVERYTHING is about HIM. And what's worse is, the bullshit he spouts is just that - bullshit.

IMO, Janelle is a bit panicked in this episode. Even though she knew it was coming, reality is hitting because she knows her and Meri are wives in name only. She's worried about her place in the family, or if they'll still be a family.

Although I don't agree with it, I understand Meri's anger. She's suffered for years "for the family", damn it, so Christine should continue to do the same. And I think like Janelle, she knows Christine leaving could be the end of the family.

As far as Robyn... well, fuck Robyn, right along with Kody.

But, overall I felt bad for everyone, well I felt bad for Christine, Janelle and even Meri, because this break up of their marriage and family is hard, even if their lives have forever been a big-time dysfunctional mess.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15

Kody wants 50/50 with Truley. Let’s do the math. Christine is one of four wives. 365/4 is 91. 91/2 is 46. 46/7 is 6.5. Six and a half weeks. Pretty much summer vacation. Now, let’s look at the logistics. Where will Truley stay when her sperm donor has custody? Sobyn’s McMansion? Janelle’s trailer? Parawan with Meri? Get a lawyer, Christine. Take the videos of all his interactions with your daughter. Truley’s twelve. Any judge worth their paycheck will talk to her about her preferences.  My guess is that when he asks if she wants to spend time with her dad, she’ll revert to her usual answer. “No, thank you.”

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Oh, yes!  Kody and Robyn are their usual self-involved narcissists, but I was really upset with Meri, when she finally decided to say something this season.  It seems, in her anger about Christine leaving and breaking her vows, Miss Self Righteous Meri has forgotten that she had an online affair with a catfish, who she was planning on leaving the family for.  Everything Meri said tonight made me see red.  She is so delusional.  Her best karma would be living the crap life she has, waiting to see if Robyn will throw her some scraps from time to time.

Meri is such a hypocrite. I don't know how she can't see what's going on. I mean even Kody said that the whole polygamy thing is a failure.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Robyn saying something like, I hope everyone knows how serious Christine leaving is. This could go bad.

Also Robyn - living fulltime with her polygamous husband. 

Robyn and Meri are cut from the same cloth. We could put both of them together and we still wouldn't have a totally sane person.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

I love how Meri is all high and mighty about the sacred 'vows' of marriage and talking down about Christine for leaving kodouche.   If I was Christine I would have said to her ,                "excuse me??! Wtf    Just because you want to live in a loveless marriage with a guy who's inattentive and a bully,  and only wants passion with Robyn,  doesn't mean I'm gonna keep on doing it.   I'm going to live my life!"      Yay for Christine!   Her whole being is changed...she's lit up.   You can feel how excited she is to get away from this circus.    The kids will live through it... they're stronger than your think.   It's no reason to stay in a marriage that isn't even really a marriage on a basic level.    Funny how he's demanding 50/50 with Truly.   He doesn't care about not being able to see her.   He just wants to cause Christine strife because he's so pissed.    Ughh

Janelle's trailer has 2 bathrooms???!!!  Did I hear that right??  My apt only has one!  Lol.   Over the top expensive is what these women are all about.  Gee,  does it have a wet bar?  And she can just run off and buy a 1 ton truck like,  no big deal....money is no object?  Damn...I'm gonna be a reality TV star in my next life 🙄   

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Interesting one of Robyn’s concerns was “the property”. 

Yes, and Kody is concerned about the money too.  They both understand that they lose financially. I think it is the reason that Kody and Robyn want Christine to stay.

It is not about polygamy, but money and Kody's pride.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 16

I love how Meri is all high and mighty about the sacred 'vows' of marriage and talking down about Christine for leaving kodouche.   If I was Christine I would have said to her ,                "excuse me??! Wtf  

It was only a few years ago back in Las Vegas when Christine was talking down to a family relative (her aunt?) who left polygamy in the exact same condescending manner. Thou does protest too much. Christine knew polygamy sucked then just like Meri knows her marriage sucks now. Denial is a powerful thing. Neither of them can stand having a truth they can't acknowledge thrown in their face. 

Kody has no control over anyone anymore, but it's entertaining to watch him try. Maybe he should talk to Jim Bob Duggar about mastering the art of the patriarchy. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

How could Robyn actually look Christine straight in the face and ask her if her leaving was due to losing her faith in polygamy? No Robyn, she's leaving because you and Kody do not live polygamy. Just like Meri felt pushed out of the family not long after Robyn came onboard.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15

I really have to wonder if anything will ever get built. How long has it been now? Talk about jumping into something half assed! How much money have they wasted?!

Meri is the last one who should talk. If her catfish boyfriend hadn't been such a disaster she would have been out the door years ago. I don't know why she is willing to live this way. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9

I go back and forth on Coyote Pass. Typically if you own a house or property more than 5 years you'll make some money selling it. Of course you would had to have paid a reasonable price on a usable house/property.

I wonder if the Browns got swindled or if they'll make bank if they sell.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Custody is supposed to be in the best interest of the child. That would be a matter of opinion, from someone outside the family. If there ever was a custody case started, Truely would for sure be questioned.

I don’t think there will be, but if there were, Christine would be very prepared, and Kody wouldn’t come across very well. I don’t think they’ll go the court route at all.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Hello all, I've been reading here for years and finally got the gumption to join the fray. What gave me the push is probably going to be an unpopular opinion: I'm genuinely concerned for Sobyn.

Manchild is spiraling badly and, however she got there, Sobyn is the one who is living with him full time. If she reaches whatever her breaking point is, how does she leave? She's never had enough autonomy (again, I'm disregarding whether she initially chose/desired it it or not) to be able to make the break like the other three. We can see how he's trying to poison the well regarding Christine and trying to gaslight the hell out of her. His new patriarchy stance is being attributed to her leaving.

I don't like Sobyn. I don't like anything about her. Ditto Meri, for the record. But some of the things Sobyn has said about Kody's anger and darkness coupled with his latest patriarchy rant give me The Fear.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 10

Maybe the details of Jenelle's fifth wheel fiasco was posted previously elsewhere, but this was all new to me.  OMG, the stupid knows no bounds!!!  Jenelle had the option to purchase the house she was renting (it did look like a rundown mess, but was that the condition Jenelle moved into???), but figured it would "make more sense" to buy a fifth wheel outright (prices on those things during Covid skyrocketed), without thinking through the need for electricity, water, HVAC, etc.  To make matters even more stupider, let's BUY A TRUCK to haul it to the property!!!  Who is going to drive this thing?  Who is going to get it set up on the property?  And why does Jenelle think that Cody will appear any more than he did when she was living in the rennal?  He will still have the same excuses, kids being exposed at work/school, Jenelle traveling, Robin and her kids being too needy, etc. 

Cody goes along with it because he knows Jenelle is hanging by a thread and he wants to keep her as happy as possible without actually having to touch her.

Edited by suzeecat
additional point
  • Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Kody talked about how he did make an effort to go over to Christine's and visit Ysabel and Truely outside during Covid, "but then they'd go to bed!" You just know he'd have dinner with Robyn and her kids and put them to bed, and then later in the evening finally realize, "Crap I was supposed to visit Ysabel and Truely today". By the time he got his ass over there it was probably after 8pm on a school night so it wasn't long before the girls (especially Truely) had to get to bed. But that was somehow their fault for not rearranging their schedule to suit him.

Because Sobyn just can’t do it and the nanny eventually had to go home.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Hi Auntie Freeze and welcome! We love long-time lurkers who join in. I don't disagree with you about Kody's anger. For years we have commented oh his beady shark eyes. I think Robyn has him so whipped (hate the expression, but it's the only term I can come up with) that she will not be the brunt of his anger. It'll be Janelle's and Christine's kids, especially sons.  We've already seen that with Gabe and Garrison.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I hope so cos those lads can take it and serve it right back. I just get the sense that Sobyn is beginning to notice the water around her is boiling. Perhaps, like the rest of us, she always assumed Christine would always keep sweet and she'd always have at least one basement wife to keep the heat off her. She's gonna have to cling to Meri like a drowning person.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I don't think Robyn is in any danger. First, I think Kody is an immature asshole, bit I don't think he would physically abuse anyone. Second, Robyn was able to leave a marriage with three young kids, so I believe she'll walk out on Kody if she wants/needs to. Not only do I think she'd leave, but as Kody's legal wife, I don't think she'd hesitate to go after any money.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Would any judge actually give Kody 50-50 custody of Truely, when he is a polygamist with supposedly three wives left after Christine leaves??

Yes, they would give him 50% custody. Christine participated in the polygamy too, and Kody only has one legal marriage. Lots of guys with multiple baby mamas get joint custody. Kody is not a crack head or a felon. He would have an easy time getting decent visitation if he actually wanted it. But we all know he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

But we all know he doesn't really want to be responsible for Truely 50% of the time. 

This is it in a nutshell. Kody was just posturing. He was wielding his "patriarchal right".

Unbeknownst to Kody, he is a peacock with no feathers.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 19
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, I'm obsessed with the idea of living in a camper.  But I'm poor and can't do it.  My in-laws are rolling in dough and have 2 of the huge ones, like Janelle's getting.  Yes, there's plenty of room to  live in full time.  So here's my estimates.  Janelle's is new, so say $300,000 to $450,000.  Then a truck big enough to pull it!  Add another $60,000 minimum.  Are my estimates off?

HOW THE HELL MUCH DO THESE PEOPLE MAKE????

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Cancun said:

That patriarchy stuff Kody spewed at the end was some weird, crazy talk. It didn’t look like any of the remaining wives were comfortable hearing it.  And he managed to gaslight them again, by saying something like, “I tried to let you be independent women, but that didn’t work out too well so I’m going to be head of my household again if you’re willing to conform to patriarchy.”  But guess what, Kody…if you are serious about becoming the patriarch again, you have to be present in all households with all wives. No more of this absentee pretend polygamy.

Sounds like my boss.  He wanted us to start a women's group.  It was ended due to some issues within the group (that we just found out were started by him).  He has said ad nauseum, 'Do I, a man,  need to start the women's group for you?'  Sure bud.

All I saw last night was a clueless Kody wondering what went wrong.  Grasping for crumbs and not realizing it was his fault the entire time.  Maybe Robyn's countenance looks like that  because she realizes she married a dumbfuck and now has one less wife to get him out of her house. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

We chatted about the camper a lot last summer in this forum. I think we had knowledgeable people discuss things like potable water and waste removal. Haven't watched yet, but thought she got a bargain on it or that it wasn't completely new. Someone will remember and chime in. 

• Love 4

Some awesome sleuth said that Janelle paid 82K for the 5th wheel. However, she was offered to buy the rental at an amazing cost. Why wouldn't you do that? Spend the next year or two fixing it up and flipping it and make a nice profit, then build on the land? So Kody said that in order to build, you have to have the land paid off, so what is stopping the start of at least two of the houses, since from what I read here that he paid cash for two of the lots? 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I am surprised at how angry Meri was with Christine for leaving.  I don’t believe for a second that it has anything to do with losing her, but rather because Christine has done what Meri didn’t have the courage to do.  It’s no secret that Meri has been miserable for years.  However, for whatever reason, she has convinced herself that she belongs with Kody, even if she must settle for crumbs.  Christine on the other hand has refused to settle.  She left quietly and easily with dignity and class.  I believe Meri is angry Christine left because now, she has to face all the lies and delusions she told herself as to why she needs to stay.    

Right, and perhaps Meri is concerned about the income that TLC brings her directly and indirectly.  What would she do without that?

• Like 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Some awesome sleuth said that Janelle paid 82K for the 5th wheel. However, she was offered to buy the rental at an amazing cost. Why wouldn't you do that? Spend the next year or two fixing it up and flipping it and make a nice profit, then build on the land? So Kody said that in order to build, you have to have the land paid off, so what is stopping the start of at least two of the houses, since from what I read here that he paid cash for two of the lots? 

Whenever they showed Janelle's rennal, all I could see was what bad shape the roof was in - wavy roof line, warped shingles, etc. Fixing the roof would be #1 to making sure it didn't deteriorate further, and ranch houses have large roofs that are costly to replace.  And I'd have an expert check the foundation and do a full inspection to make sure the "good deal" was not a money pit. With the boys & 3 dogs living there, renovating the inside wouldn't have been a priority and she'd have a place to live and some equity to borrow against. Water under the bridge. Does anyone remember the address so we can see what it looks like now? I only remember the street being a woman's name.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

One of the biggest problems with the overdone or staged drama that TLC likes to offer is that this show is running a year and half (on average now) behind and we already know how the drama was resolved or what they're actually doing now.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2