Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Driftmark

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I wouldn't exactly consider "Vhagar is my mother's dragon" or that the dragon was Rhaena's to claim an insult, at least not something worthy of responding that a pig suits them better.

And I don't think the pig remark was worthy of responding with violence.

Last episode, Aegon, Jace and Luke brought an actual pig with fake wings to Aemond and he didn't respond with violence

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

It was neat seeing the dragons just floating around the castle. 

Yes, i know CGI budget and all, but I wish they would do more shots like this.... we can't see shots like this in King's landing because they are in the dragon pit....

Speaking of dragon pit, where is Aemond planning to keep his dragon? not the dragon pit...

1 hour ago, Cristofle said:

To me, it's obvious that Laenor's death was a planned ruse between Rhaenyra, Daemon, Laenor, and Qarl.

Definitely and...

1 hour ago, Michichick said:

Wasn’t Daemon the one who killed the guard that was stuffed into the fire place?

Yes....I think what made that scene confusing was the cutting from Rhea (like this shortcut) and Daemon plotting and the scene playing out

I'm a little surprised Rhea and Matt Deamon are already married, but alas here we are....I felt bad for the kids, the girls just lost their mother, their father is distant, and the boys lost-two fathers i guess you could say 🤷🏽‍♀️

At this rate next week Rhae/Dae will have 3 kids, at least Alicent cannot say they are bastards right 😉

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Alicent's kids are psychos, all of them. 

For sure....why do I get the sense we are going to see a scene of the daughter torturing humans with those insects/spiders?

48 minutes ago, jeansheridan said:

Ser Cole can STILL die please. Soon. Meh

At this rate I'm hoping its by Matt Daemon via Caraxes 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The fight would be Rhanerya, her 2 sons, and Daemon & his daughter vs Aegon, Aemond and Haelena (half siblings to Rhanerya- not step siblings). 

Doesn't Raynera have 3 sons, Joffery the infant?

Well you can't expect much from anyone named Joffery but still ...

If they just have dragons fighting each other, it may not be so imaginative, like Tyrion finding a way to win the Battle of Blackwater against superior forces or Night King turning one of the dragons.  That was a shocking turn of events.

So far, the HotD writers haven't shown any indication that they're capable of that kind of surprise.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, aghst said:

Doesn't Raynera have 3 sons, Joffery the infant?

Well you can't expect much from anyone named Joffery but still ...

If they just have dragons fighting each other, it may not be so imaginative, like Tyrion finding a way to win the Battle of Blackwater against superior forces or Night King turning one of the dragons.  That was a shocking turn of events.

So far, the HotD writers haven't shown any indication that they're capable of that kind of surprise.

Yes Joffrey is an infant, but has it been confirmed he has a dragon yet?

13 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I just watched this 15 seconds before I type this... 

Aemond comes in talking shit, being a pompous little asshole. They have the conversation where she says the dragon was hers to claim, then he says her mother is dead and a pig would suit her. She then runs at him and he violently throws her to the ground. The older sister then punches him in defense of him throwing her sister. 

My take is that Aemond started it in more ways than one. 

Aemond didn't seek out Baela, Rhaena, Jace and Luke. They confronted him.

They initiated the confrontation, they were the first to use insults and the first to use violence.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Vaemond's funeral oration for Laena was as subtle as a freight train.

Yes! I was cackling at Vaemond's shady eulogy. He doesn't stand to inherit Driftmark, so I guess he can say and do what he wants within reason.

Huh. So Otto is Hand again. Boo.

3 hours ago, peridot said:

Alicent's sons are such assholes.  I couldn't believe that Aegon was yawning and getting drunk at a funeral, while Aemond was scheming to get a dragon and punching his cousins.  I'm glad that one of Daemon's daughters (Baela?) got in a punch.

Poor Laena, it seemed only her blood family mourned her.  It's pretty terrible that Daemon and Rhaenyra hooked up at her funeral.

I couldn't believe that Viserys didn't do anything to his wife after she ignored his proclamation and attacked her heir.  I was so relieved that none of the other boys had an eye removed.  I was glad that the commander had control enough over Cole to prevent that.

I was shocked that Rhaenyra and Daemon went there, but I'm glad that it was a ruse.  Now, I'm not sure if his boyfriend faked Laenor's death because of his conscience or because of their direction.

I was rooting for Viserys to get some bass in his voice. Too bad it was too little, too late. 

At least Corlys was kind to Lucerys, knowing full well that wasn't his grandson by blood. Rhaenys only had feelings for her granddaughters, excluding Jacerys from the embrace of comfort seeing that he was comforting his cousin. (I also think shortening their Targaryen names makes them stand out even more! Stop that!)

Am I to assume they left Baby Joffrey at Dragonstone? Might have been an excellent idea; Alicent might have tried to kill the baby!

Aemond, smug as he is, was only to blame for running his mouth.  Helaena did say he would lose an eye to gain a dragon, after all. At least he defended her from Aegon.  I did chuckle watching Otto snatch him up from the stairs.  They will not make a proper King out of that one.

I felt for Rhaena, but why didn't she try to "claim" Vhagar? It might have been even easier for her, smelling similar to Laena.  They was going to let Vhagar lay on the beach mourning Laena for how long?

Alicent finally overstepped her bounds. Viserys is just too far gone to give a proper damn about it. 

Daemon was standing there thinking, "For once, the drama isn't about me!"

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Rhaenyra and Leanor are selfish and just want to be with who they want. They are not cruel like Alicent and her father. That was the point of Leanor's "death". They set up so they would be alone while that guard went to get some more people. The only one that died was some poor guard. 

This way they both get what they want. He gets to live freely with his boyfriend and she looks like someone capable of killing her husband to get what she want. Now with the chance of having pure Targaryan children. 

Here's the thing; All 4 of them were in on this ruse. Rhaenyra wasn't plotting on Laenor's death in front of a crowd of people. She was in a private conversation with her uncle. (We were listening over their shoulders.)  I was confused when Daemon killed that random Driftmark guy. That wasn't a guard; guards would be missed.  He gave Qarl the plan and the money to live well away from Westeros. There was enough time to shave Laenor's head, switch clothing with the dead man, and dump his body in the fire while the squire ran off to get help.  I was prepared to call Qarl all kinds of bytches until we see Laenor jump into the boat.  So that was good story showing without outright telling.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, snickers said:

At this rate I'm hoping its by Matt Daemon via Caraxes

Which is interesting given 'Matt Daemon" is the one character who has clearly been shown to be a significantly worse person so far. 

6 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

They initiated the confrontation, they were the first to use insults and the first to use violence.

This is how I perceived the scene playing out as well. 

Aemond was pretty much playing defense from the moment he walked in. They essentially accused him of being a thief to start off, were the first to invade his personal space, and then ganged up on him. 

Doesn't mean he handled things great, but Daemon/Rhaenyra's kids were the instigators. I actually read the thread before watching the episode so was surprised by how different things played out. 

Edited by Dac22
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

They initiated the confrontation, they were the first to use insults and the first to use violence

We get it! You are a good defense attorney. Was there something else you liked about the show? 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I wouldn't exactly consider "Vhagar is my mother's dragon" or that the dragon was Rhaena's to claim an insult, at least not something worthy of responding that a pig suits them better.

14 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

And I don't think the pig remark was worthy of responding with violence.

10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

because children have great impulse control.

Yes, Baela, Rhaena, Jace and Luke are children.

Aemond is a child too.

Interesting double standard.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Actually they insulted Aemond first by insinuating he was a thief, which was a bare faced lie. He responded with another insult, they responded with violence.

45 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Yeah, I don't see him being insulted by being called a thief--nor did he seem to be reacting to that insult. She also wasn't lying. No one was suggesting anything other happening than what did happen.

Rhaena had just lost her mother and Aemond used the opportunity to not only claim the dragon that she sees as part of her mother, but the dragon that was the subject of one of the last mother/daughter conversations they had. She was expressing the unfairness of the whole thing and he rubbed salt in the wound by saying she should have claimed the dragon before he did--on the night of the funeral. And then added the first insult, that she didn't deserve a dragon, knowing how much that hurt, since up until 5 minutes ago he was the one being taunted with that same insult. Now he's the one with the dragon and happy to lord it over her. Her losing control and running at him physically was pretty understandable at her age and in her situation. He didn't lose control until later.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Yes, Baela, Rhaena, Jace and Luke are children.

Aemond is a child too.

Interesting double standard.

Is it a double standard?

Sure, Aemond's young but he appears older than them, and therefore, appears to have a greater maturity than them. There's 4 of them, and he still overpowered them.

Because he's older, I would expect more of Aemond and less of the others, not much more but more.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

No, he sought them out - he swaggered into that cave looking for them to be a boastful asshole. 

The little girl running at Aemond was not violence. He could have just moved out of the way. Him throwing her to the ground instead *was* violence. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Dac22 said:

Which is interesting given 'Matt Daemon" is the one character who has clearly been shown to be a significantly worse person so far. 

worse than Sir Cole? worse than Alicent? Worse than Otto Hightower?

I don't think so....

I'm team Matt Daemon any day over those duds and those psycho kids

Speaking of Cole and Alicent, back at "court" they have to be whispering about those two...its pretty apparent he's in deep with her...they made a point of showing us that look the lord commander gave him....

I know it will take a while, but I cannot wait to see that man's downfall

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

No, he sought them out - he swaggered into that cave looking for them to be a boastful asshole.

I think they sought him out, not specifically him, but whoever was riding Vhagar. The 4 went looking to see who was riding the dragon.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
Just now, AntFTW said:

I think they sought him out, not specifically him, but whoever was riding Vhagar. The 4 went looking to see who was riding the dragon.

But they were in what looked like a cave, and he landed the dragon nearby. He walked up to them. If they sought him out, the scene should have been shot differently - with the group walking up to where he was, not the other way around. An earlier scene showed that the dragons are too big to live in a cave, so I didn't take it that the group was waiting in Vhagar's home for her return. 

9 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

The little girl running at Aemond was not violence. He could have just moved out of the way. Him throwing her to the ground instead *was* violence. 

Aemond didn't seek them out. He was turning in for the night after riding Vhagar. The Gang of Four had no reason to be there.

Running at someone is violence if you have reason to believe, as Aemond did, that the person is about to attack you. Consequently Aemond may respond in self defense. The idea of criticizing a kid for not responding in the spur of the moment as Bruce Lee would in a movie is ludicrous.

Moreover, Rhaena's hands were on Aemond arms, which makes it difficult to just stand aside

Edited by Constantinople
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

It's not clear that Rhaenyra is in on it. Go back and look at her face when she says "I know" after Daemon says Laenor would have to die.

Rhaenyra’s “I know”, said exactly as she did, was proof to me it was already set up.  Laenor & Rhaenrya probably came up with the plan offscreen during that last conversation we saw them having.

Just my two inconsequential ducats worth.

• Love 9

Regarding the children's brawl and who started it, all I have to say is....

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

200.gif

15 minutes ago, snickers said:

worse than Sir Cole? worse than Alicent? Worse than Otto Hightower?

So far Daemon has savagely beaten an innocent messenger out of spite, essentially killed his wife because he didn't want to be married to her, was planning to take advantage and 'spoil' Rhaenyra to get back at his brother, and killed an innocent servant this episode.

Daemon is Criston on steroids so far as the latter has to do more than kill Joffrey to catch up. He's an interesting character, but also very much a selfish scumbag more often than not in my opinion. 

Edited by Dac22
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

As ridiculous as Ser Criston has been to Rhaenyra's children, I am glad that he didn't follow the order to take Lucerys' eye. At least he recognized that was going too far.  Getting away with killing Laenor's boyfriend was one thing; he was not crazy enough to attack Corlys' grandson on his turf!

Aemond, no matter how he got to this point, is going to be a problem. He had no qualms about throwing Aegon under the horse carriage when Viserys hemmed him up.  I thought for sure he was going to point the finger at Alicent.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But they were in what looked like a cave, and he landed the dragon nearby. He walked up to them. If they sought him out, the scene should have been shot differently - with the group walking up to where he was, not the other way around. An earlier scene showed that the dragons are too big to live in a cave, so I didn't take it that the group was waiting in Vhagar's home for her return. 

I thought the spot was one of the "landing pads" for the dragons and the cave was a point of entry for the "landing pad."

It was just happenstance that they met at that particular point, I think. Aemond couldn't see them in the cave from the sky to know that they were there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Is it a double standard?

Sure, Aemond's young but he appears older than them, and therefore, appears to have a greater maturity than them. There's 4 of them, and he still overpowered them.

Because he's older, I would expect more of Aemond and less of the others, not much more but more.

Yes, it is a double standard.

And Aemond looks to be about the same height as Baela and Rhaena, so they're close enough in age that there's no basis for criticizing only Aemond for lacking "maturity".

Edited by Constantinople
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Constantinople said:

You s, it is a double standard.

And Aemond looks to be about the same height as Baela and Rhaena, so they're close enough in age that there's no basis for criticizing only Aemond for lacking "maturity".

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
1 minute ago, AntFTW said:

I thought the spot was one of the "landing pads" for the dragons and the cave was a point of entry for the "landing pad."

It was just happenstance that they met at that particular point, I think. Aemond couldn't see them in the cave from the sky to know that they were there.

I thought they made a point to show that he landed the dragon on top of what was left of the bonfire in the firepit at the funeral ceremony. He (metaphorically?) extinguished their mother's fire. I didn't think that was a landing zone. 

Yes, the other kids were out of bed, but sorry, I won't be convinced that Aemond was not the instigating twat in this matter. They wouldn't have been out of bed if he didn't "win over" Vhagar. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

As ridiculous as Ser Criston has been to Rhaenyra's children, I am glad that he didn't follow the order to take Lucerys' eye

Let's get real here, the reason he didn't do it was because the "king" forbade it and he's at least smart enough to know not to go against the king....and if you noticed when Alicent grabbed the knife, Cole was quick to pounce like the whipping boy he is but Daemon was the one who held him back

9 minutes ago, Dac22 said:

So far Daemon has savagely beaten an innocent messenger out of spite, essentially killed his wife because he didn't want to be married to her, was planning to take advantage and 'spoil' Rhaenyra to get back at his brother, and killed an innocent servant this episode.

Daemon is Criston on steroids so far as the latter has to do more than kill Joffrey to catch up.

you just said "planning" and "essentially" 😉 Cole, Alicent, and Otto HAVE done the things they are accused of....

What has Cole done? let's see....asked someone to give up everything her Father risked the realm for to run off with her, and when she refused, he turns on her and beats someone to death at a party because he didn't like what the guy said to him....he eggs on little kids to fight each other...gets pleasure out of seeing Rhea's kids outed as bastards....was quick to step up to the plate to TAKE OUT A KIDS EYE without hesitation.....

yeah, he's a real peach....not toxic at all

Sure, Daemon has done some pretty despicable things too, but when it comes to who's worse...for me it's pretty clear which "team" is worse here.....

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

As ridiculous as Ser Criston has been to Rhaenyra's children, I am glad that he didn't follow the order to take Lucerys' eye. At least he recognized that was going too far.  

Aemond, no matter how he got to this point, is going to be a problem. He had no qualms about throwing Aegon under the horse carriage when Viserys hemmed him up.  

Criston recognized that his KG Bros would kill him... Viserys called no retribution...

Aemond has a lot of issues... but he seems to be the best player... Aegon is an obstacle.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought they made a point to show that he landed the dragon on top of what was left of the bonfire in the firepit at the funeral ceremony. He (metaphorically?) extinguished their mother's fire. I didn't think that was a landing zone. 

Could be. I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yes, the other kids were out of bed, but sorry, I won't be convinced that Aemond was not the instigating twat in this matter. They wouldn't have been out of bed if he didn't "win over" Vhagar.

We're on the same page.

I think Aemond threw the first insult. He was also supposed to be in bed, not wandering around trying to ride a dragon. Aemond felt entitled to a dragon so he's wandering around in places he wasn't supposed to be, looking for a dragon. If anyone was watching or guarding him, no one would have let him ride Vhagar or try to ride her or even get close to her.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Could be. I could be wrong.

We're on the same page.

I think Aemond threw the first insult. He was also supposed to be in bed, not wandering around trying to ride a dragon. Aemond felt entitled to a dragon so he's wandering around in places he wasn't supposed to be, looking for a dragon. If anyone was watching or guarding him, no one would have let him ride Vhagar or even try to ride her.

It was hard to see, being so dark. I get that it was night, but many of those scenes needed the fake blue moonlight to help out us viewers. 

We're also on the same page about the king - how is he still alive? He should have died ten years ago. I don't understand how he has any skin left, yuck. 

27 minutes ago, snickers said:

you just said "planning" and "essentially" 😉 Cole, Alicent, and Otto HAVE done the things they are accused of....

Daemon literally did show up in the Vale with sinister intentions towards his wife and would have taken advantage of Rhaenyra if she wasn't getting pleasure out of it according to the director.

.asked someone to give up everything her Father risked the realm for to run off with her

So giving someone a choice is a terrible thing now?

Though, admittedly, the Joffrey thing was awful. But no worse than Daemon beating up the messenger or killing the servant.

.gets pleasure out of seeing Rhea's kids outed as bastards.

Which they absolutely are and Daemon would be doing the same thing if it was Alicent's kids.

I feel bad for the kids, but Rhaenyra and Harwin are the ones to do this to them. Don't want your kids to be called bastards, then don't have bastards. The world sucks, yes, but they know that. Pretty simple. 

I like Daemon well enough even if he isn't my favorite so far. But I can also acknowledge all of the truly awful things he has done. Same with Criston as I never declared him as being anything close to a 'good' person. 

I simply don't think acknowledging a character's warts and awful deeds is admitting the character is awful. Jaime Lannister is my favorite character in fiction, but I never understand why people dismiss/overlook all the horrible things because that's part of why the character was great. 

Edited by Dac22
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

My feeling is now we need to look at the younger generation.  The kids of all this mess. I don't think Daemon will be an awesome stepfather but he IS their great uncle and maybe will respect them for that. Respect the blood. Especially if they are dragon riders. 

I can see Larys making a play for Helena?'s hand. She's a very odd duck and they aren't hiding it. But she's also high born and may have a dragon and appears to be good looking enough. I wouldn't mind seeing a Martell finally show up to make a play for her hand. We need a Martell! They're fun.

I think Rhynaera and Daemon's kids will stay close--emotionally and politically. There will probably be a romance in there too. 

I did love how Luce said he didn't want to be a lord because that meant everyone was dead. Rhynaera 's kids have hearts. And she seemed like an okay mother in this ep. She asked her son to be kind. She was clearly ready to take a knife for her son. 

And Aemon...that kid is a thinker. In pain and being ordered by his father/king, he protected his mother. Sure at the expense of his brother but Aegon hadn't earned his loyalty.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Aemond, no matter how he got to this point, is going to be a problem. He had no qualms about throwing Aegon under the horse carriage when Viserys hemmed him up.  I thought for sure he was going to point the finger at Alicent.

He inferred it without actually saying it.  Viscerys followed Aemond’s gaze straight to Alicent. As much as Viscerys doesn’t want it to be true, I think on some level he knows. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Aegon (to Viserys)We know, Father. Everyone knows. Just look at them

Interesting that no one spoke up to dispute this. Everyone was silent except Viserys and his first response was to yell "This interminable infighting must cease!".

Viserys never explicitly disputed Aegon's statement either though Viserys used words like "lies" and "calumnies" before Aegon spoke.

Even when Viserys went full 1984 he didn't explicitly dispute it. Instead Viserys said "...anyone whose tongue dares to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed"

Edited by Constantinople
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I hate Daemon, but I have to admire that he's got an outfit for the odd occasion he needs a spouse to disappear. 

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

He inferred it without actually saying it.  Viscerys followed Aemond’s gaze straight to Alicent. As much as Viscerys doesn’t want it to be true, I think on some level he knows. 

Yeah, that silence and his reaction was telling. He knows but he won't actually admit it, whether out of love for his daughter or fear of the war it would start. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Alicent is comparing herself to a blood princess.  That’s the flaw in all this.  She married in, so she had to make sacrifices to get her prize, which is being Queen. It’s not a comparable situation to a blood princess.  And I seem to recall Alicent was already being snide about her Aegon not automatically being named heir, even before Viserys reaffirmed Rhaeneyra’s position.  Honestly this episode seemed jump the shark-ish.  How is Viserys letting Alicent roam free after she attacked the crown princess (his heir) and also tried to pull rank by insisting the Kingsguard is sworn to her…. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Yeah, that silence and his reaction was telling. He knows but he won't actually admit it, whether out of love for his daughter or fear of the war it would start. 

Which is the only reason why I think that Viscerys has somehow not died yet. He knows when he dies, all hell will go loose as both sides of his family won't have him to hold them back from destroying the other side.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4

Im team aemond on this one, he was pretty much defending himself till luke threw dirt in his eye and sliced him. But ultimately, he was right, if they wanted the dragon, they shouldve claimed her, he was the only one that had the balls to do it.  Also hes way more regal than his brother.  Props to him for protecting and calming down his mom.  I get the sense that hes probably a mamas boy.

If Aego isnt a fat robert type king or wuteva by the end of this, Id be shocked.

So we're just not gonna show daemon bonding with his daughters at all? I couldnt care less about his relationship with his niece. Daemon went from independent to under rhae's thumb in no time flat.

Watching Corlys and rhaenys slowly drift apart is painful. I legit hope they're not broken up by the end of all this.

Also, fuck Laenor. Some guard doing his job lost his life so he could be free and Im supposed to feel good about that? wtf

52 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

From his earlier conversation with his brother, I believe hes hinting at wanting the throne, his sister wife as queen etc. It was a half-hearted attempt at getting aegon out of the way

• Like 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

2 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Viserys knows what Alicent thinks of Rhaenyra's children. I think Vicerys thinks the same of his grandsons.

Vicerys doesn't want to create a fight over the throne. He doesn't want to disinherit Rhaenyra, and by acknowledging that he believes his grandsons are bastards, he will have to disinherit her.

Vicerys wants to keep a united front and a united family. His wife is fighting with his daughter. Him and his brother aren't talking. His sons are fighting with his grandsons and nieces.

5 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

I get the sense that hes probably a mamas boy.

Of course he is. He gets bullied and his mother is the only one that comforts and defends him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Im team aemond on this one, he was pretty much defending himself till luke threw dirt in his eye and sliced him. But ultimately, he was right, if they wanted the dragon, they shouldve claimed her, he was the only one that had the balls to do it.  

It was the night of the funeral. Give them some time to mourn. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Also, Daemond is the only parent present that has no emotions on the fight between the children.

Alicent's mad that her son lost an eye.

Rhaenyra's mad that her son's nose is broken.

Daemon, nothing. His daughters gets punched and shoved to the ground, and we get nothing from him.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Aemond did start it, by stealing a dragon.  How are they not personal property?  They are like modern day horses, dogs, or other pets.  Vhagar was Laena's dragon.  She was the only one that had been able to ride her.  Targaryan's are given dragon eggs at birth - they belong to each other. 

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Which episode was this in, where I missed it?  I don't recall them ever explaining that in the show...

The last episode explained it. If dragons were just personal property like dogs and horses, you could just give a dragon to someone. Aemond would not have needed to bond to Vhaegar and the second daughter of Daemon and Laena would have gotten a dragon as well. 

I think there was explicit dialogue saying/implying that when Laena was talking to Dragonless Daughter.

Going back to Game of Thrones, you might remember how Dany "traded" dragons for her Unsullied army and then was like Psych! That's an example of dragons not respecting "ownership" as such.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

It was the night of the funeral. Give them some time to mourn. 

Do you really think rhaena was gonna be able to handle her?

Aemond was barely able to do it and he was trained.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

Baela and Rhaena just lost their mother.  Jace and Luke just lost their (biological) father.  They were in the depths of grief and despair.  And they’re all children.  Aemond chatted shit and got hit.  And, after the attack had subsided a bit, and when he was in no immediate danger, was about to bash his nephew’s brains in with a rock.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Do you really think rhaena was gonna be able to handle her?

Aemond was barely able to do it and he was trained.

What makes you think Rhaena wasn't trained? I mean, she may not have been, but I don't think we have any convincing evidence one way or another. I would tend to think that with there being three dragons in the family, she must have had some level of training/exposure to how to bond with a dragon.

Regardless of how much training she might have had, there also is the possibility/probability that Vhagar would have recognized Rhaena as Leana's daughter or bonded with her as easily as she did with Aemond, or even easier. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

What makes you think Rhaena wasn't trained? I mean, she may not have been, but I don't think we have any convincing evidence one way or another. I would tend to think that with there being three dragons in the family, she must have had some level of training/exposure to how to bond with a dragon.

Regardless of how much training she might have had, there also is the possibility/probability that Vhagar would have recognized Rhaena as Leana's daughter or bonded with her as easily as she did with Aemond, or even easier. 

We actually seen Aemond being trained, weve seen no such thing with rhaena. Since we know that Daemon was ignoring her, Id say its a pretty safe bet she wasnt trained. Hoping that vhagar would recognize her and take it easy is wishful thinking

• Love 2

And Baela didn't get in a punch, she threw the first punch. Yet somehow Aemond's at fault for defending himself.

Am I missing something? Why is everyone forgetting that Baela punched him after he shoved her sister on the ground? 

And Baela didn't get in a punch, she threw the first punch. Yet somehow Aemond's at fault for defending himself.

Am I missing something? Why is everyone forgetting that Baela punched him after he shoved her sister on the ground? 

• Like 3
  • Love 8