Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: El Diablo Que Conoces

Trini
  • Start Topic

Thony must team up with Arman and Nadia in a new money-making venture to save Luca's life. Meanwhile, Fiona works to keep Chris out of trouble when the threat of evidence arises.

Airdate: Oct. 3, 2022

The title of 9-1-1's episode was The Devil You Know--the same of this episode. 

Things are really snowballing for Fiona and Arman.  Try to fix one problem and land in a bigger situation.  The only thing I didn't love was Thony's naivete in regards to bringing drugs across the border. Nadia was right about that.  They're not going to earn the money they need only doing good.  The drugs might be addictive but the people trolling for them are already addicted.  If they can't get them, they usually switch to harder drugs.  And because of their addictive properties, doctors don't want to prescribe them even to people who truly need them.  That too is a complicated situation. 

• Like 2

The Double Nickel is one of the few places to get bad reviews on Yelp AND Indeed at the same time.

Bosco is likely not willing to mix Oxy & Human Smuggling.... A van full of grey-market generic drugs is a lot easier to plead out... Arman & Nadia need to be satisfied with being CVS instead of Scarface.    

So Thony is now on her way to becoming a drug lord. It is a plot from a basic cable, not a broadcast network show. But they sort of fell into it as a result of Thony's goal of staying in America with Fiona at all cost.

Like before with guns being relatively clean because they were overseas rebels and not local gangs we have Mexico priced pharmaceuticals, for now

• Luca not being able to get his meds- 
  • Thony asking Arman for help with getting Luca's meds 
  • Thony asking Arman for favors/money 
  • Thony saving someone's life 
  • Thony and Arman will they/ won't they scene 
  • Thony and Fi pretending they are just innocent " cleaning ladies" and that life isn't fair followed by committing a crime 

I like this show but I think it's getting stale and needs new material. Seeing Luca sick makes me feel sad but also bored. I wish they'd let the kid get better and move on from that story.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

Seeing Luca sick makes me feel sad but also bored. I wish they'd let the kid get better and move on from that story.

I wish he had gone back to The Philippines with his dad, and we'd been done with it.

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I wish he had gone back to The Philippines with his dad, and we'd been done with it.

If Luca goes home then the only justification for staying in America is to care for Chris. Thony can run a clinic for Manila squatters just as needy as the Las Vegas undocumented. I guess that are not ready to reveal that evil turn as she snatches Arman from his wife.

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, Raja said:

I guess that are not ready to reveal that evil turn as she snatches Arman from his wife.

Nadia might leave first for Sayid Robert... The C.I. asked Thony if she was working for Kamdar... So Dirtbag Garrett & Arman will have the Enemy of My Friend of My Enemy awkward alliance again...

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Ha.  You're nicer than I am.  I know last season I thought to myself "oh just die already."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

The showrunners have the same problem that happened on Game Of Thrones... Bran & Rickon had major growth spurts but were still supposed to be around 12. Luca seems several inches taller now...

On 10/5/2022 at 6:10 AM, eel21788 said:

Yeah, Luca is not really a character as much as he is a never ending series of ailments used to drive the plot forward. I find myself more interested in Arman and Nadia's plight simply because Thony's stories are pretty repetitive while Fi and Chris is just a never-ending series of screw-ups.

Edited by quangtran
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, quangtran said:

Yeah, Luca is not really a character as much as he is a never ending series of ailments used to drive the plot forward. I find myself more interested in Arman and Nadia's plight simply because Thony's stories and pretty repetitive while while Fi and Chris is just a never-ending series of screw-ups.

While Thony was in the take the silver or take the lead position of Rosa in the original that can only go so far before the cops catch her. It was grafting on Chris, the "dreamer" who while a Filipino knows nothing firsthand of the Philippines being threaten with deportation by the FBI is the story they really want to tell.

So now the sisters have to clean another crime scene, only the cops know that Thony's husband was killed where a man disappeared and I would suppose somehow Agent Garrett hides the fact that Thony is a CI and linked to a mob after they find either the managers peeping and/or blackmail files or a wiped system

Well, the theme this week was escalation; which is crazy, because we're only three episodes in. I mean, I assume that things might get better for everyone eventually, but it looks like things are just going to get worse in the short term - and I don't know if I want to watch all that extra DRAMA.

It seemed unnecessary to drag Thony into Garrett's CI sideplot. I assumed that that drug(?) plot would eventually connect to Arman & Co. at some point anyway; I don't think they had to do that now.

On principle I agree with the women quitting that cleaning service, but it seems pretty impractical for them, especially when Thony and Fiona have yet to establish their business - if they even can.

Interested in seeing how Arman and Nadia rebuild, and how Kamdar is involved (because of course).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, paigow said:

Might just shortcut to arson after stealing the computer...

I like the premise of the source series. A mother so worried that her son will pick up an infection that he can't fight off developes cleaning super powers and CSIs are left with nothing to work with except telling the detectives that the crime scene is too clean 

• Love 1