Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Revenge Marks the Spot

• Start Topic

Jen attempts to reunite the ladies; Lisa's rant has redefined her friendship with Meredith; Jen prepares for pretrial meetings; Whitney turns to Heather for support.

Airdate: 09.28.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Poor Jen Shah going from a 9000 square foot house to a 4500 square foot house (still bigger than mine). Poor thing, I have a Strange feeling she’ll be downsizing again.

And still twice the size of the average American house.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

Not many replies so far.

I dunno - I actually like Coach Shah, and want to believe he wasn't aware of Jen's activities, but it doesn't seem plausible. especially with him being a lawyer. Their friend threw a nice party for them. Gosh Jen, here you are whining about downsizing to 4000 square feet! Get ready for an 5 x 10 jail cell!

I really kind of love that Meredith is totally freezing Lisa out right now. I hope she doesn't cave and reconcile with her. Lisa is the fakest faker/fronter of all the Ho-wives and that's saying something.

I loved Whitney's secret hidden bar - I WANT one, and I barely even drink! (I'm not a Mormon either!)

• Love 10

Well I, on the other hand, can't stand Meredith. Lisa didn't contact you for two months, Mer, because at the reunion (where Lisa already apologized), you said you needed time. And she's talking to you now because you're on a reality show together. The POINT is to ENGAGE.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I think both Meredith/Seth and John/Lisa have shady finances. Meredith def can’t own multiple homes. Seth sucks and is annoying. Lisa and John have a bunch of non money making businesses I’m sure. Lisa is so fake too.

Oh no Jen’s house is only 4500 square feet?! How does she do it lol. She’s so hard done by like Erika from RHOBH lol. Jen please stop with trying to pretend you are innocent.

I wanna like Coach Shah but I just feel like he had to have known about Jen’s shady shit. He comes across as likeable tho.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 3
  • Love 12

So it appears Meredith is going to be more insufferable this year than she was last year. Greeeeaatt. <insert eye roll here>. She does realize she signed up to be on a reality show, and that’s what happens, people talk sh*t and secrets get exposed etc etc? Her attempt to create rumors about Lisa is ridiculous and embarrassing for her at this point. Seth is creepy and lots about their lives make people wonder, so get over Lisa calling you out for it. Your son sucks and acted an ass last year, so get over people calling him out for it (he shoulda known you can reap the benefits of being a HW without the negative that goes along with it).

• Like 3
  • Love 12

Meredith got her boobs fixed, and will show them off any chance she gets. She's also going to milk her outrage over Lisa's rant for the entire season which is going to get boring fast.  These housewives don't want sincere apologies. They want groveling at their feet and blood sacrifices (& a storyline, obviously)

Jen's victim act and fake tears will be hard to get through all season, as well.  Gotta love when rich people get called out for their scams. They act like someone did Them arong, and all their friends rally around them with sympathy. Gross.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Oh no Jen’s house is only 4500 square feet?! How does she do it lol.

So small she had to have coach's party at another house! And that tiny little closet! Horrors!

I hope they don't milk this Meredith/Lisa fight all season long. 

This season was filmed before Jen pled guilty, right? Lisa and Whitney were on WWHL last night and said since she pled they no longer speak to her. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Poor Jen Shah going from a 9000 square foot house to a 4500 square foot house (still bigger than mine)

In all fairness her gas fired fire place does not work so, yes she is suffering with her downsizing.

I got a little confused about where Coach Shah's birthday party took place, was that the rental or was that the rental's owners home?

I love how Jen fake cries about a situation that she put herself in and wants sympathy and money from her family to help her in her legal fees. It would be cheaper to not fight the charges, take a plea and start counting down the days till she can get out.  The company I previously worked had a CFO embezzle 2.5 million dollars, after she was caught and stood trial the sentence was 23 years, the judge suspended all but 7 and she was taken to jail, the kind with clangy clang bars and a metal toilet, she served 4 years of that sentence and you would not find anyone who worked at that company that shed a tear or cared what she is doing for money now...we all lost our jobs and a company shut down because of her greed, she made a ton of money but wanted more...it got so bad at that company financially that I think the owner actually had to stop his affair with his EVP, lol. Seriously it was going on for years.

Jen will not exactly be marketable in the job market when she gets out of the big house.

• Love 6
On 9/28/2022 at 8:51 PM, Cheezwiz said:

I dunno - I actually like Coach Shah, and want to believe he wasn't aware of Jen's activities, but it doesn't seem plausible. especially with him being a lawyer. Their friend threw a nice party for them. Gosh Jen, here you are whining about downsizing to 4000 square feet! Get ready for an 5 x 10 jail cell!

I have a feeling Jen will describe her new digs in a different way:  total square feet of the prison, 500+ rooms (each a master suite), lots and lots of acreage, kitchen staff, gated community, keyed entrance with attendant, includes a safe room...

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
addition
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 20

I can't shake the feeling that the cast got together and drew straws or something to decide who was going to be friends or not this season. It's seems very much a change partners and dance scenario right now. 

Lisa is sticking with the sobs minus the tears again this season. Her house looks like an uninviting waiting room, just as warm and welcoming as she comes across.

It's kind of fun to watch Jen adamantly proclaim her innocence knowing how will eventually play out.  

Heather likes to hedge her bets though, doesn't she?  

Here's hoping that Meredith's delightful son remains away from filming more than a token episode this season.  Something tells me there might be a "very special episode" in the future regarding his sexuality which she, as I recall, claims he has not yet declared one way or the other.  Like The Terminator, I suspect he will be back.  

Seth and John, two of the least telegenic or interesting house husbands across the franchises.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

I can't shake the feeling that the cast got together and drew straws or something to decide who was going to be friends or not this season. It's seems very much a change partners and dance scenario right now. 

Yes!  I'm disappointed to see from the previews that Heather and Whitney have a falling out.  Whitney was on WWHL last night, along with Lisa, and they were very chummy.  Even Andy was sad to hear that Whitney + Heather = Bad Weather are no longer BFFs.  I don't know what it is about this franchise, but there doesn't seem to be any loyalty among the friends.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

Seth and John, two of the least telegenic or interesting house husbands across the franchises.

Add Whitney's to the mix.  Sitting at the bar, with the women, he seemed to be trying to be the next Terry Dubrow. 

Whitney on WWHL looked like she has had work done to get her nose to look like Lisa's.  

I don't think Jen's new rental is anywhere close to 4500 square feet. It did not look like it from the outside anyway.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ichbin said:

They rushed filming quickly after the reunion so that Jen’s trial could be a storyline. Meredith got screwed over by Mary leaving, Jennie outing herself as a racist, and the season being rushed meant they weren’t gonna cast a new HW. That left Jen to likely be her only ally to have someone to film with and get on camera the things she wants to say about Lisa. Whitney and Heather would play runteldat and that’s not how Meredith operates. What I *don’t* really get is her continued fealty to Jen, but that’s later in the season.

The Meredith/Lisa gives me a sad Carole/Bethenny feeling. We’re fine now, but I had a big fall out with a best friend of ten years. I was a Lisa in that it involved yelling and screaming on vacation, and he was the Meredith in he just cut bait, while there were other people involved swaying our decisions and then we would occasionally have to be in the same room. (We have since made up, he’s free of other toxic people, and he also moved to a new city which maybe helped!)

So with this, I do have empathy for Lisa, but then she loses me with her horrible attempt at an apology to Seth. Lisa did great on WWHL, but when she’s uncomfortable or being held to the fire, she explodes in this valley girl word salad where every other word is “like”. Meredith may be sanctimonious, but she uses her words effectively and precisely. (And the I ❤️ NY mug was everything)

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I was thinking without Mary the cast is a little light but I forgot all about Jennie and that they are down two. Don’t miss either one. 
Jen whining about her 4000 square foot rental was annoying.  I’m surprised Coach Shah is still around. 
I enjoyed Lisa’s outburst last season (well, as much as I can enjoy anything about the obnoxious Lisa.) I don’t need to see the fake apologies. The one to Seth was very cringey.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It was a long time friend of Jen's home. 

Her name is Angie K and I believe she's going to be a Friend of this season since she seemed to have long friendships with both Heather and Jenn.

16 hours ago, Jel said:

I find Lisa endlessly entertaining. I used to find Meredith entertaining too, but the saccharine-coated sanctimony I can do without, so she bores me now.

Same, I know people don't like Lisa but I have a soft spot for her. 

Jenn complaining about her smaller house, smaller closet and the fact that she had to downsize the Shah squad, spare me. I wonder how many times she's going to proclaim her innocence this season. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Lisa and Whitney were on WWHL last night and said since she pled they no longer speak to her. 

They actually both said they individually texted Jen on the morning of her hearing in NYC, and they both have yet to hear anything back.  Technically, Jen is the one not speaking to them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

They actually both said they individually texted Jen on the morning of her hearing in NYC, and they both have yet to hear anything back.  Technically, Jen is the one not speaking to them.

Ok, however it came about they are not speaking to Jen. 

12 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

They rushed filming quickly after the reunion so that Jen’s trial could be a storyline. Meredith got screwed over by Mary leaving, Jennie outing herself as a racist, and the season being rushed meant they weren’t gonna cast a new HW. That left Jen to likely be her only ally to have someone to film with and get on camera the things she wants to say about Lisa. Whitney and Heather would play runteldat and that’s not how Meredith operates. What I *don’t* really get is her continued fealty to Jen, but that’s later in the season.

The Meredith/Lisa gives me a sad Carole/Bethenny feeling. We’re fine now, but I had a big fall out with a best friend of ten years. I was a Lisa in that it involved yelling and screaming on vacation, and he was the Meredith in he just cut bait, while there were other people involved swaying our decisions and then we would occasionally have to be in the same room. (We have since made up, he’s free of other toxic people, and he also moved to a new city which maybe helped!)

So with this, I do have empathy for Lisa, but then she loses me with her horrible attempt at an apology to Seth. Lisa did great on WWHL, but when she’s uncomfortable or being held to the fire, she explodes in this valley girl word salad where every other word is “like”. Meredith may be sanctimonious, but she uses her words effectively and precisely. (And the I ❤️ NY mug was everything)

You're making that sound like it's a bad thing.  ;) That's actually what I love about her -- she's the right level of delusional and thus the right level of mockable. "Fake" and bad enough to be entertaining, but not an evil, victim-robbing criminal (my standards are so much lower than they used to be).

I also think she has a point that she thought she was venting in private (mic, Lisa! Microphone!; see also, right level of mockable). And why do Meredith and her 4,000 employee-having husband rent a house, and move so often within the same area? I wondered about that too.  

She said Meredith fucked half of New York, which is a line for the ages, but she did think she said it in private. Meredith is making similar claims, but straight up on camera. On balance, Meredith seems worse to me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

It seems as if every season there's an argument over Who Gets To Be Friends With Meredith. I don't get it. What's so great about Meredith that befriending her is a storyline for multiple seasons?

Yea Meredith is creepy and monotone and just annoying. Throw in her gross husband and annoying as fuck son then I don’t know why anyone would ever wanna hang around her lol.

Lisa’s whore rant about Meredith last season racked me up. 

Edited by Marley
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

It seems as if every season there's an argument over Who Gets To Be Friends With Meredith. I don't get it. What's so great about Meredith that befriending her is a storyline for multiple seasons?

Her fascinating and talented son, and his awesome clothing designs?  (Haha - way to keep it classy, Meredith, and not spread rumors about Lisa)

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2022 at 10:51 PM, Cheezwiz said:

I loved Whitney's secret hidden bar - I WANT one, and I barely even drink! (I'm not a Mormon either!)

I don't drink, but I love the idea of having a bar at the house. All those pretty bottles, it just looks so glamorous to me. 

Anyone else think John Barlow is sexy? He's not a hey, let me take my shirt off and be sexy for the cameras type (*cough* Mauricio), but he is very, very cute. 

• Love 2

This opening is everything. We start with the casting interviews with Jen going on about how she makes her millions and the others gushing about how much they love each other. (Lisa has a glowing Big Gulp!) This is interspersed with contradictory yelling and tears—while wearing some crazy outfits. Heather has an eye patch, with a huge-ass blue eye painted on it!! There’s a Marilyn Monroe party and a “sexy” black, lace lingerie party. Buckle up, bitches! Now there is Rosemary’s Baby-type music, which Whitney is trying to counteract with her singing bowl. 

Jen and Meredith are friends now?! Meredith must be really desperate now that Lisa back-stabbed her. Good luck with that “no more fighting” toast. Meredith says she’s not talking about the rumors about Lisa—before launching into the rumors about Lisa. Utah is coming in hot!

The Mormon church follows you and watches you?! This is some Scientology shit right here. I don’t know, Whit, after what you just told us, quitmormon.com sounds like a trap.

Jen can lose me with a 4500 sf home is for paupers. Same with Erika lamenting her $9500/ month shack. Uh, didn’t your Shah Squad get downsized because you all got arrested and turned on each other? Who has a huge party for 51?! “We’re going to import Black people here?” “Yes. Yes, we are.” Lol! Oh, Coach, you know the whole purpose of this party is to be a platform for people to confront each other.

Bad-mouthing Seth, well “what does John Barlow do other than follow Lisa around?” Ooooh. Oh, hell naw, Meredith is pulling SEC documents on the Barlows?!?! You done made yourself the wrong enemy, Lisa. I love how Mer is all, I’m not repeating rumors, but let me give you the summation of these legal documents right here… Maybe Lisa has slept with someone for money!!! Daaaaaamn, Meredith. Save something for the rest of the season! Girlfriend did her research in her downtime, and is about to give a PowerPoint presentation on what a lying, cheating, fake-ass, skank-ho Lisa is—exhibit A… 

That is a last-minute makeshift edit of the chocolate cake topper to change the 0 to a 1. Because who the hell would go this far out for a 51st birthday. But I guess if this is presumably the last birthday before Jen goes to prison, we’ll make an exception. Okay, Coach’s little synchronized dance with his buddy, and then his dance with Jen and their son was totally adorable.

Why is Lisa reaching out now and not  any time over the last 2 months? Because the cameras weren’t rolling until now. This whole explanation about how she didn’t mean it and it was a private moment doesn’t even make sense. Why would you say things you don’t mean in private?! That’s when your true feelings would come out.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2022 at 9:08 AM, Fig Newton said:

I realized, I need Mary Crosby back.

She was the only entertaining thing about this show. 

She was definitely ... interesting.  I don't think any other housewife filmed half the season from her closet (this was pre-covid, no less)!  I think she was a liability with her racial microaggressions, and she opened herself up to all kinds of scrutiny regarding her "church" by being in the public eye.  I read so much online about her -  there would have been loads of tea to spill if she had continued on the show.  

• Love 2
On 9/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, ichbin said:

Lisa is sticking with the sobs minus the tears again this season. Her house looks like an uninviting waiting room, just as warm and welcoming as she comes across.

It's kind of fun to watch Jen adamantly proclaim her innocence knowing how will eventually play out.  

Heather likes to hedge her bets though, doesn't she?  

Here's hoping that Meredith's delightful son remains away from filming more than a token episode this season.  Something tells me there might be a "very special episode" in the future regarding his sexuality which she, as I recall, claims he has not yet declared one way or the other.  Like The Terminator, I suspect he will be back.  

Lisa bugs me.  I hate that we have a love of donuts and Taco Bell in common.  I did quit the Diet Coke addiction so I got that going for me.  HA!  The twerking scene trailer is icky.  Why oh why do they show themselves doing stupid stuff like this?  They are all a little long in the tooth for that.  I know because I am in their age group (well their real age group, come on, none are copping to being in the 50's?).  Are Meredith and Seth pot smokers?  If so, show that.  It might make them seem more relatable.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I didn't miss Jenn or Mary .. I mean honestly Mary was stuck in her house or closet most of the time anyway .. Meredith good god tho way to show your hand and show the world that you are kinda what Lisa is saying you 

To be fair, she couldn't find her way out.  😂

• LOL 9
On 9/30/2022 at 11:43 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't drink, but I love the idea of having a bar at the house. All those pretty bottles, it just looks so glamorous to me. 

Anyone else think John Barlow is sexy? He's not a hey, let me take my shirt off and be sexy for the cameras type (*cough* Mauricio), but he is very, very cute. 

I dunno; a husband who is portrayed as in the montage on this episode (wife's lackey, lets her boss him around endlessly while she constantly guzzles slushies and runs her through drive-thrus; seems not to care that she says horrible things about people and then lies about it) seems to be too much of a pushover, no matter how cute he is.

Looks like Meredith fixed her face. It was looking a little strokey last season with her frozen lips. And the armor-like chest seems to have relaxed. 

Speaking of chests, Jen let her boobs/nipples go out on full display in that spa pool! Yikes.

I did find the LDS information helpful- I live in Utah but didn't know some of the strict regulations (i.e., you have to "ask" to leave the church and have your name stricken out of "the book"-?) and how devastating it could be to family/relationships. I am pretty new here and can say that most of the LDS people here I've met have been wonderful but it is apparent that their church is first and foremost and their beliefs are very strong.

I wish there were more fun/interesting husbands on this show. I can't stand Seth, I think Whitney's husband is a snooze and John, as I said, is too much of a pushover. 

It's kind of sad that they constantly portray Heather as a thirsty single woman who brazenly solicits men she meets at random social events.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I recently learned that many mainstream Christian churches do not consider Mormons to be Christians, even though members of the LDS say they are. That was news to me.

I was shocked by the statement about the Mormon Church checking believers in their houses, after they move etc.

It seems that Heather plays the thirsty single woman (or is one), that's why she is portrayed as one. It's not Bravo's fault.

Meredith is on the war path after Lisa's intended/unintended rant last year. And it was not unintended, or "private" since she had a microphone pack on. They are both on a tv reality show, they should know ugly secrets can be revealed. Everybody thinks they are too clever, and can control their narrative. 

Jen is going to play the innocent victim all season long like Erika on the Beverly Hills HWs...

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I was shocked by the statement about the Mormon Church checking believers in their houses, after they move etc.

It seems that Heather plays the thirsty single woman (or is one), that's why she is portrayed as one. It's not Bravo's fault.

Meredith is on the war path after Lisa's intended/unintended rant last year. And it was not unintended, or "private" since she had a microphone pack on. They are both on a tv reality show, they should know ugly secrets can be revealed. Everybody thinks they are too clever, and can control their narrative. 

Jen is going to play the innocent victim all season long like Erika on the Beverly Hills HWs...

My dad was what they call a jack Mormon.  Born into it but never followed it.  My grandparents and Aunt's family were/are big followers in SLC.  We live in CA.  The Mormons would stop by our house several times a year.  It got to the point we just wouldn't answer the door.

• Useful 5

Meredith and her creepy husband’s scene trying to negate what Lisa said about them is just making them look ridiculous and petty. 

Meredith needs to realize that on reality tv you can’t hide things that make people wonder like you’re husbands mystery job, your creepy sons lifestyle and the real reason for your separate/back together marriage. Like I said elsewhere about her son, she wants all the fame and glory that comes from being a reality tv “star” with none of the backlash. Doesn’t work that way. Don’t act like you’re hiding stuff and people won’t accuse you of hiding things. 

I had to ff thru Whitney. She’s still so childish. And trying way too hard to be taken seriously. 

• Love 6