Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Half Baked

Now I understand Carter's little mall stunt she pulled on Elizabeth because clearly cruelty runs in the family. I really can't wait to see the fallout from this. It could be very interesting because that was a pretty terrible betrayal. Far worse than anything Elizabeth has done. It makes me curious where the show is going. I feel like they are making David such a villain right now that I can't really figure out what the end game is at this point.

I don't think Elizabeth has done anything too bad as a parent. She didn't always handle Carter the best way, especially in the beginning. But she is getting better at that and I think Carter is starting to see that Elizabeth is pretty good as a parent. The one bad thing that she has done is having an affair with Gabe's father.

David has been manipulating Carter and tries to come off as the cool dad, but we know that most of that is an act.

And Lori of course kidnapped Carter and lied to her about that for the past thirteen years. Carter's flasbacks are showing that she is starting to realize that, like the scene with the babies in the hospital. And Carter now knows that her one baby picture was originally a picture of Carter with Taylor, but Lori cut Taylor out of the picture.

• Love 1

I don't think Elizabeth has done anything too bad as a parent. She didn't always handle Carter the best way, especially in the beginning. But she is getting better at that and I think Carter is starting to see that Elizabeth is pretty good as a parent. The one bad thing that she has done is having an affair with Gabe's father.

David has been manipulating Carter and tries to come off as the cool dad, but we know that most of that is an act.

And Lori of course kidnapped Carter and lied to her about that for the past thirteen years. Carter's flasbacks are showing that she is starting to realize that, like the scene with the babies in the hospital. And Carter now knows that her one baby picture was originally a picture of Carter with Taylor, but Lori cut Taylor out of the picture.

The separation from her sister is definitely the main hook being used to have Carter come around.  Actually it kind of HAS to be the main hook when you make both parents... lacking (even if Elizabeth is shown as coming around).

Even if both parents were great I would think being taken from your twin would be a huge thing. Twins more than regular siblings, have a strong connection and that was taken from Carter. Actually, family was taken, a father, siblings, grandparents, a sense of belonging to a group of people (rather than just one). I think, the longer Carter spends with her family the more she will realize just how much Lori took from her and how selfish it was on Lori's part. It wasn't about saving Carter from anything but about wanting a baby and taking one.

I would love for Carter to start to wonder if Lori cared which one of the twins she took? Sadly, I fear, given the dark haird light haired twin thing, that Carter will end up being Lori's birth daughter that she had with David when he was having an affair, and that Elizabeth agreed to raise as her own rather than lose her husband (back when she thought he was actually worth keeping lol) or something stupid like that. But I would love it if Lori took Carter not because Carter was in any way special to her, but that she was the easiest one to take. I just really hope they don't try to justify Lori's actions. Let her just be some desperate nutcase who stole a baby.

• Love 3

Interesting twist as I hadn't realized that the father was lying about the meeting. Taylor continues to be funny ("If there's no milk then there's no milk. It's not Beetlejuice, it won't appear if you say it three times..") although I'm glad she has Max to keep her grounded. I can understand Elizabeth's reasoning but Grant was such a little snot. I get he was lashing out and is poorly neglected but he jumped the moment she was back at the house to buy milk and do things for the family; to me, that would have been the opportunity for him to apologize and have a better understanding for one another. For the parents to not teach their kids to use their words and just let them get away with saying whatever they want didn't sit well with me.

If the timeline is correct, by the birthday episode and when Lori had the laminated photo of Carter, she would have kidnapped 6 months after her 3rd birthday. This gave me the impression that she's had her eye on the twins for enough time to plan out the kidnapping. I'm really curious to know what her history with the family was as she could've been present at the birthday party. Did David give her a photo of the girls, did she steal a photo or take one herself? Disturbing any way you look at it.

Okay, this show is driving me crazy! I really like the idea and really keep hoping they come back to what makes it interesting to me. So I keep moving on to the next one and my hopes are dashed once again. What is wrong with me?

Anyway, I just don't get David, like at all. So, he manipulates everything so Carter will let him write the book he's already written...okay, fine, I guess. But where the hell was he for most of the episode? Seriously, those kids just lost there mother and he didn't think sticking around the house would be a good idea? Plus, wouldn't it be better to still look like the good guy if that is your goal? But then it was all resolved by the end of ONE episode? Sigh.

I keep telling myself to stop, but at this point there's only four more till it's over...so, do I want to know why Lori took Carter? Yes, sadly, I think I do.