Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob reconsiders his future at MaxDot and seeks advice from an unexpected source (Joel Murray), while Abishola questions Bob's erratic behavior, on the CBS Original series BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Sept. 26 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

The conversation between Bob and his father was sweet. I had to google who Joel Murray was as the voice was killing me. But they did a great job of having him look like he could have been Bob's father.

Wouldn't it be better to make Goodwin VP with Bob being President and passing most of the grunt work to the VP?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, greekmom said:

The conversation between Bob and his father was sweet. I had to google who Joel Murray was as the voice was killing me. But they did a great job of having him look like he could have been Bob's father.

Wouldn't it be better to make Goodwin VP with Bob being President and passing most of the grunt work to the VP?

I wonder why they just didn’t make Goodwin VP or President before he decided to leave? Of course now that Bob is chairman, he’ll have too much time on his hands and won’t know what to do with himself

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I'm sad we didn't see Christina fire Goodwin. Could have been a powerful scene for both actors.

I liked the twist that we didn't see Christina fire Goodwin. 
A lot of drama and ulcers in the workplace are generated before and after a firing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Why did she fire him?  She said something about higher ups.  I don’t think they explained it, but did I miss something?  Otherwise it’s just to make the story come out for Godwin’s return.   Poor writing. 

She had to lay him off. That's not the exact same thing as a firing. Firing is usually for some cause like poor work performance. Laying off is usually about money, as in the company doesn't have enough or is restructuring. Often in those instances it is first in first out which would make sense as to why Goodwin had to go. That being said, I've worked HR in places with mass layoffs and in those situations they'll often get rid of the trouble employees via the layoff process. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

She had to lay him off. That's not the exact same thing as a firing. Firing is usually for some cause like poor work performance. Laying off is usually about money, as in the company doesn't have enough or is restructuring. Often in those instances it is first in first out which would make sense as to why Goodwin had to go. That being said, I've worked HR in places with mass layoffs and in those situations they'll often get rid of the trouble employees via the layoff process. 

Pretty sure you meant to say last in first out.

• Love 3

Poor Abishola, everyone assumes Bob's running from her. 

The talks between Bob and his dead father were really nice, they really looked like they could be related. I would think it would be easier to make Goodwin VP and keep Bob on as president, but I am mostly just glad he's going to be taking some time off. 

I honestly thought I had missed a scene where Christina found out she had to lay Goodwin off, after all that build up to him leaving it felt really random. I thought he would come back eventually, but for a reason other than "random layoffs offscreen". 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, possibilities said:

It's a bit much to lay someone off the same week you hired them, though. 

I had a relative who was layed off the week he moved to the new job. 😱  So, not exactly the same week he was hired, but definitely the week he actually started working. It was pretty demoralizing.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
On 9/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, possibilities said:

It's a bit much to lay someone off the same week you hired them, though. 

Especially since it was just a plot contrivance to get Goodwin back to MaxDot and into the president's chair (which still doesn't make sense that he'd go from shop floor manager to top executive just like that *snaps fingers*).

In the abscence of any new shows, I started rewatching season 4 of this little gem. One thing that stood out to me on the re-watch that I like is that despite everything going on, the one constant thing is that Abishola and Bob are well-suited to each other and they make each other feel better just with their presence. It is such a nice dynamic we don't see much in entertainment and it was illustrated in a great way in the final scene of this episode.

• Like 1