Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search


S43.E02: Lovable Curmudgeon


Whimsy
  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

Quote

An unexpected storm hits hard and fast and keeps tribes shivering all night in their shelters. Also, one castaway puts their tribe at risk of going to tribal council after failing to pull their weight in the challenge.

This is a 90 minute episode

Original airdate 9/28/22

Link to comment

I feel like I'm rooting for people by default.  I wasn't crazy about Noelle, but at least her name isn't Cody or Jesse.  Baka is just a mess, and of course Sami (who is acting his age more and more) wants to target the big bad girls because bros can have an all-male alliance, but girls can't.  I will give them credit on winning their challenge, however.

A 90-minute episode and we got a blink-and-you-missed-them scene with Coco.  Are they really that boring that we couldn't have seen their camp dynamics more? 

I did like the idol clue I guess, but I felt like Cody got off easy asking for the whole bracelet.  He should have had to get that specific bead and not the whole bracelet.  Lucky for him he decided to pick the right time to make that hat, and that Jesse was smart enough to suggest it to him.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

Did I nod off for a few seconds, or did the flashback not actually show Noelle giving Cody the bracelet?

It showed her saying "I'll give you my bracelet" or words to that effect, and sort of vaguely holding something in his direction - so close enough, I'd say.

I wasn't super rooting for Justine or anything, but I'd rather they had gone for Noelle instead. Justine at least had some interesting lowkey villain vibes going, whereas Noelle mostly gave off somewhat abrasive jock vibes this episode.

I'm liking the Elie/Jeanine pair, so I hope they can loop Owen in to overcome the bro-down. Well, mostly to overcome Sami, who seems the most bro-y of the three. Ironic that he was the one who initially went to the women and proposed voting Owen out last week.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well, that was a predictable boot. I can't stand Cody. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. He's going to be insufferable if he stays on long. Of course, they had to show how he managed to get Noelle's bracelet during the reading of the votes. 

Glad that Elie and Jeanine were safe this week. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
Link to comment

That snake challenge looked tough. I was wondering if putting the tail over first would have created enough weight to help pull the heavier head section over as the body went down, but I'm not sure that would have worked.

Can't say I'm too sad about Justine. Especially after her confronting Jesse and Dwight about how untrustworthy they are when they had just agreed to vote with her. Way to shore up your alliance. But then again, she should know untrustworthy when she sees it, just like fellow salesperson Cody.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I think we should sit back and prepare for The Cody Show. He’s probably not a bad guy, but he just looks to be too much. When he found the Beware Advantage, I would’ve expected a PA to run out of frame. And of course Cody opened it because nobody learned a thing from (at minimum) S41. I know the rewards are shown to be worth it, but I would think that they’d think the risk might be too daunting. Why not let someone else check to see if the land mine is active?

I’ll say this much . . . scamming players out of beads to save your vote is more creative than talking about bunnies playing soccer. My issue is that those not knowing Cody’s situation didn’t go on high alert when he started asking for stuff.”My BS Sense Is Tingling” would be an apt interview . . . not to mention a great title quote.

Heavy snake? Nice. Looks like the Dream Team is putting thought into this season. For his part, Probst is cutting back on the promotion, but it’s only been two episodes.

”Rummage through someone’s bag, lose your vote.” How simple would that be? Okay, maybe Gabler should have it on his person 24/7, but going into another person’s stuff is poor play that needs punishment.

Last season, we had a guy with a Pokémon-sounding name (Rocksroy). This season, I kinda/sorta want to hear “Geo! Dude!” at least once.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

”Rummage through someone’s bag, lose your vote.” How simple would that be? Okay, maybe Gabler should have it on his person 24/7, but going into another person’s stuff is poor play that needs punishment.

I have never understood the negative reaction to this on this show. It's not like they're going through their personal, private, treasured mementos. It's some dingy clothing. And to me, it's the opposite of poor play - they needed confirmation of the status of Gabler's idol, so they looked for the clue. Fair play.

  • Like 6
  • Love 8
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I have never understood the negative reaction to this on this show. It's not like they're going through their personal, private, treasured mementos. It's some dingy clothing. And to me, it's the opposite of poor play - they needed confirmation of the status of Gabler's idol, so they looked for the clue. Fair play.

Normally I don’t like when people go through someone’s belongings, but in this case I didn’t care.  They knew Gabler had an idol, they were just confused when it expired.  If anything this might work out in his favor if they worry he’ll play it at the next TC they attend, because it’ll be the last time he can so he may just play it for arguments sake.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Okay. Confession time. I was so bored I didn't make it through the premiere. I barely made it through this week's episode. I liked the challenge, and I liked the change they made to the Beware Advantage (requiring the beads). It felt like way too much time spent on slow, meaningless stuff at the beginning.

6 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I wasn't super rooting for Justine or anything, but I'd rather they had gone for Noelle instead. Justine at least had some interesting lowkey villain vibes going, whereas Noelle mostly gave off somewhat abrasive jock vibes this episode.

So much this. While I'm sure Cody will bother me the more I see him, he hasn't given me eye tics yet. He comes across as a person with a positive attitude, even if he is a lot. Noelle came across (maybe was edited to come across) as a little bit mean girl, almost.

Most of these people I just don't care about yet. Maybe once a few more people are voted off I'll start feeling more of a connection. Sami is the big exception to this. He opened his mouth last week, shot straight to the top of my "Please Vote Off" list, and has only managed to irritate me more since then.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I was on the fence about Cody until tribal.  I thought he had a couple of moments were the facade dropped and we saw a not so likeable version.   He seemed arrogant and almost threatening…and now he has an idol.   

  • Sad 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment

I’ll be so glad when poor Jeanine’s face heals.  That looks painful and uncomfortable.

Survivor is absolutely my favorite show, but these last two weeks have shown me that 60 minutes is exactly enough.  I’m not really feeling this season, and I wonder if that’s why.

Still happy they bounced Justine, even if that whole hat beads bracelet thing felt shady.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I'm happy mean girl Justine left. I still love Cody and he is my winner pick. I'm sorry for his friend dying so young and I'm happy Cody used this sad tragic incident to make his life better.

I can't wait for evil Ellie to leave next week.

It's sad we get a 2 minutes confessional from Ellie yet zero from people like James. Editors please do better.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I was on the fence about Cody until tribal.  I thought he had a couple of moments were the facade dropped and we saw a not so likeable version.   He seemed arrogant and almost threatening…and now he has an idol.   

That's it. That's also the moment where I noted that I had bad vibes about Cody, specifically the answer he gave about his Idol Hat, where he was saying things in a light-hearted way, but it felt very condescending and very not jokey. 

But I also had weird feelings about the way he went about getting the beads. Yes, it was a strategy, yes it worked, and yes he needed his alliance on board. But I guess I'm not a fan of the Peer Pressure strategy. Imagine if Noelle didn't give him the beads for what she perceived as a fun arts and craft project. Imagine the target she would have had and the potential for the vote to be flipped onto her for being "difficult" and "uncooperative". I know it's a strategy and not a bad one to ask in front of everyone and also helps that Jesse was so forthcoming to help (making it extremely clear whose side he was on well before Tribal), but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Especially given that Cody feels like the type to hold it against anyone for not helping him get his idol. 

Justine was fine, I didn't have any feelings toward her one way or the other, but it's a shame Nneka didn't go instead. She was a serious detriment to the team and unlike Morriah last week, she would have been a perfect person to boot because she really IS the weakest tribe member. I mean, she stopped so many times during the challenge just to stare. I don't think she was really analyzing, either. She just seemed lost and didn't know what to do. 

I WAS annoyed by the male-centric heavy stuff this episode. The women got so little to do and it was so much focus on the men in a 90 minute episode. Noelle's amputation segment was really about Cody. Cody/Jesse got the majority of the screentime while Justine got barely any. Gabler and Owen got the focus on their tribe, along with Sami. Geo on Coco got the Montage.

In fact, the only women that got any sort of significant screentime were: Elie (somewhat positive, so that's good, but the season seems to love her), Karla (but in one segment where she's describing the alliance lines and how she's in the middle), and Jeanine (for snooping, so not very positive). Others got maybe a confessional here and there but it was the Men's Show this time....again, in a 90 minute episode, where even Coco's airtime got significantly reduced. I guess they're not interesting enough for the show to focus on.

Also, my annoyance also stems with how fast women bonding are not just noticed by the men, the men are legitimately threatened by it. While ANY men bonding is a non-issue because it's so normalized. See how Noelle/Justine bonding was such a threat, yet Jesse/Cody or Jesse/Dwight was a non-issue, barely even touched upon. And how Jeanine/Elie's bonding was SUPER FEARED by Sami that him, Gabler and Owen HAVE TO bond together against the BIG SCARY GIRLS. Ok, I'm being overdramatic, but there's always been an issue with women getting remotely close and having been targeted. And then we start the vicious cycle of the women teaming up to save themselves but then the men being threatened by the women teaming up and around and around we go. 

I guess Survivor's like "nah, two female winners in a row? We good, that's enough for now" and it looks like the men, so far, have an upper hand.

And the only woman with any significant screentime in these two episodes (Elie) is not just not very likeable, but she's made her move for the men. This is why her and Jeanine are going to get picked off. She handed the game to those men who are now threatened by them for some reason. Even though Gabler's a weak link for their team, it's the women who will be picked off.

I liked the 90 minute episode but I think there's a problem this season and it's with the cast. I don't think I'm really rooting for any of them, especially not the way I was in the last two seasons. I like Karla and...that's about it right now.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I have never understood the negative reaction to this on this show. It's not like they're going through their personal, private, treasured mementos. It's some dingy clothing.

Is there a rule that you can't actually steal or hide someone's idol?

Also, what if nobody knew Gabler had an idol, but she had a suspicion and started rummaging?

It's crossing a line.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I’ll say this much . . . scamming players out of beads to save your vote is more creative than talking about bunnies playing soccer. My issue is that those not knowing Cody’s situation didn’t go on high alert when he started asking for stuff.”

He’s already established himself as a weird/quirky guy, so I wouldn’t think asking for beads would raise any alarm bells. 

I like Cody. I think there are much worse goals in life than having fun. All I’m getting from him so far is great energy.

I don’t know why everyone didn’t rush to vote off Nneka, even those who wanted to align with her. Any time she was visible during the challenge, she was standing off to the side while everyone else did the work. At this stage of the game, the biggest goal is to make it to the merge. If you keep people who don’t even try, you’re making it that much harder on yourself, and you need to pick better allies.

  • Like 6
  • Love 16
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Is there a rule that you can't actually steal or hide someone's idol?

Also, what if nobody knew Gabler had an idol, but she had a suspicion and started rummaging?

It's crossing a line.

Yes, there is a rule against stealing or hiding someone else's idol, whether you find it by going through their bag or stumble across their hiding place for it in the woods. But that's not what Jeanine was doing. She wasn't trying to steal or hide Gabler's idol, just verify what the parameters were. She couldn't just ask him without it being suspicious, so she looked for herself (with Owen's collaboration).

And if nobody knew Gabler had an idol and he didn't want anyone to know, he should anticipate that people might look and hide it better or keep it on him. Bag searching, liked or not, has happened for years now and players should anticipate it. In this case, of course, everyone knew he had it so he didn't see the need to hide it better.

I mean, it's fine if people don't like the bag searching...I just don't really get why the line is drawn there, in a show where lying, double-crossing, hiding info from your allies, and so on are all fair game. Searching through someone's bag while on vacation, or going through their drawers while visiting their home - those are clearly crossing a line. But taking a scan through someone's bag while playing a game of deceit where advantages are everywhere just seems like par for the course and no different from the other forms of devious gameplay. But to each their own!

  • Like 3
  • Love 7
Link to comment
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I was on the fence about Cody until tribal.  I thought he had a couple of moments were the facade dropped and we saw a not so likeable version.   He seemed arrogant and almost threatening…and now he has an idol.   

I think he was just worried that something could go wrong. I saw no arrogance. I think people have misunderstood him and I don't know why :(

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Yes, there is a rule against stealing or hiding someone else's idol, whether you find it by going through their bag or stumble across their hiding place for it in the woods. But that's not what Jeanine was doing. She wasn't trying to steal or hide Gabler's idol, just verify what the parameters were. She couldn't just ask him without it being suspicious, so she looked for herself (with Owen's collaboration).

How would this work?  If someone stumbles upon someone else's hidden idol, do the producers step in and say, "Oh no, that's so-and-so's (or that's someone else's, if they're trying to protect the anonymity of the player that found it).  You're not allowed to take it."...?

Edited by MMLEsq
Edited for clarity
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, simplyme said:

So much this. While I'm sure Cody will bother me the more I see him, he hasn't given me eye tics yet. He comes across as a person with a positive attitude, even if he is a lot. Noelle came across (maybe was edited to come across) as a little bit mean girl, almost.

I know this is one of those things that can't be verified and also, is annoying when people do it but I know Noelle IRL. She's really not a Mean Girl at all (she's actually very nice) but she is super competitive (as she said herself in the episode). I think, as she noted in the episode, she was rethinking sitting out and she was expressing frustration about that.

I haven't really watched this show but I am watching it because of her and am obviously rooting for her.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

How would this work?  If someone stumbles upon someone else's hidden idol, do the producers step in and say, "Oh no, that's so-and-so's.  You're not allowed to take it."...?

I would expect that they make a distinction between "hiding among your property" and "hiding in public". 

So if you get an advantage and hide it in a public space (as in in the woods, near the water well, on the beach, etc....) then if someone else gets it, then too bad, so sad; you left it in public and lost it.

If it's among your property however, then it can't be removed, it's still effectively in your control. 

Now, what this means for conditional advantages ("Lose your vote until all 3 parts are revealed" type things), I don't know. There might be an implied rule about "must be kept on your person" or something to avoid this edge case. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Taeolas said:
14 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

How would this work?  If someone stumbles upon someone else's hidden idol, do the producers step in and say, "Oh no, that's so-and-so's.  You're not allowed to take it."...?

I would expect that they make a distinction between "hiding among your property" and "hiding in public". 

So if you get an advantage and hide it in a public space (as in in the woods, near the water well, on the beach, etc....) then if someone else gets it, then too bad, so sad; you left it in public and lost it.

If it's among your property however, then it can't be removed, it's still effectively in your control. 

Now, what this means for conditional advantages ("Lose your vote until all 3 parts are revealed" type things), I don't know. There might be an implied rule about "must be kept on your person" or something to avoid this edge case. 

Here's a 2019 interview with Probst about this very issue:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/06/survivor-jeff-probst-edge-of-extinction-hidden-immunity-idol-rules/

A Probst quote from that article: "When someone finds an idol, it is their idol, regardless of whether they hide it in their personal bag or bury it in the sand. An idol can never be taken from you. So, if another player discovered an idol that had already been found and then ‘hidden’ in the sand, they could not use the idol, nor could they re-hide it or destroy it."

The writer (Dalton Ross) then goes on to say "Presumably then, if someone happened across [an] idol and didn’t realize it belonged to someone else, they would be gently informed by a producer on the beach that the idol had already claimed."

So how exactly the finder would be informed is not 100% clear, but to me this does make it clear that an already-claimed idol cannot be annexed by someone else, no matter where it's hidden.

  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
Link to comment

Has anyone ever made such a dumb move (Cody opening a dangerous "advantage" clue a few hours before a tribal council) then turned it into one of the best moves ever (Beads 'R' Us) saving both his closest ally AND activating his Immunity Idol?  Awesome!

I'm really liking Cody.  I like his attitude about life and if he can make it to jury he will probably be the LEAST bitter juror ever.  And he brought the entertainment to an otherwise dull episode too.  What to speak bringing a rather fetching hat to tribal, haha.

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Didn’t we see those snakes once before?  Nice to know they’re recycling their props.

I was thinking the same thing.  Didn't we see this challenge (or at least the snake part of it) before?

  • Love 3
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, KeithJ said:
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Didn’t we see those snakes once before?  Nice to know they’re recycling their props.

I was thinking the same thing.  Didn't we see this challenge (or at least the snake part of it) before?

It rang a bell with me also, so I looked it up. The "heave giant snake out of water cage" challenge has appeared at least twice, in Game Changers (S34) and Edge of Extinction (S38), though the beach phase was a ring toss instead of a puzzle.

Apparently my job at work today is to look up past Survivor questions 😆

Edited by tracyscott76
"Range a bell" is not a thing
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Did Jeff Probst come up with the snake challenge just so he could spend ten minutes shouting things like "they're having a hard time getting that snake up!" and "he's riding on top of that snake!" ? I mean . . . the innuendo was laughably obvious.

Quote

He’s already established himself as a weird/quirky guy, so I wouldn’t think asking for beads would raise any alarm bells. 

I dunno - if I were Noelle I'd have been awfully suspicious about the way everyone was ganging up on me to hand over my beads. Nneka and Jesse were being pretty pushy about it. 

Is it true that Jeff has always taken the losing tribe's flint from them going all the way back to Season 1? I only remember noticing it the past few seasons. In fact I don't even remember them having flint the first few seasons.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this episode.  Loved the beware advantage and how Cody and his friends were able to turn that around.  I thought the challenge he had to do was so much more creative than having to talk about bunnies in mailboxes (will never not hate that stupid say a phrase requirement).  And, it all made sense-let's help Cody decorate his hat...

And Noelle, if you're such a competitor and really resented your teammates poor performance, why did you sit out?

Oh, and Justine, if you think one of your alleged alliance members is so untrustworthy, why enter into an alliance with him and WHY tell him you think he's untrustworthy?

I actually like several players this season (well, at least so far [it can change in a moment]).

  • Love 6
Link to comment
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t know why everyone didn’t rush to vote off Nneka, even those who wanted to align with her. Any time she was visible during the challenge, she was standing off to the side while everyone else did the work. At this stage of the game, the biggest goal is to make it to the merge. If you keep people who don’t even try, you’re making it that much harder on yourself, and you need to pick better allies.

That's one line of thinking, and one of the reasons we see older people voted off first- "Keep the tribe strong."  Another point of view is to vote by loyalty-  vote with someone who is not going to vote you out  no matter what.  Personally, I would follow the latter- the goal is to get ME to the merge so I would pick off the people who might go after me.

Spider!

I, too, normally find it skeezy to go through a bag, but this time it didn't seem that bad-it was information they already had, just looking for some clarification.  It's interesting to me that they did it so they would know when they could vote Gabler out, but they won the challenge because he was such a beast with that snake, and that gave them the lead they needed.  I have no doubt he's going to lose that spear, though.

I love Owen- his running dialogue while he was bringing the water was hilarious- and also very real.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

And Noelle, if you're such a competitor and really resented your teammates poor performance, why did you sit out?

I guess it would be dangerous for her to be in such a small space with people kicking all over regarding her sorry I don't know how it's called, the thing she uses to walk.. I would be scared someone would break it or something.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

”Rummage through someone’s bag, lose your vote.” How simple would that be?

Count me in for this.  I loathe when someone goes through someone else's personal items.  That is so creepy and sleazy.  Yes, this is Survivor where people do underhanded things, but this one act should not be allowed IMO.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And Noelle, if you're such a competitor and really resented your teammates poor performance, why did you sit out?

I guess it would be dangerous for her to be in such a small space with people kicking all over regarding her sorry I don't know how it's called, the thing she uses to walk.. I would be scared someone would break it or something.

She looked kind of out of sorts when she said she was sitting out, so I wonder if she didn't want to but the others all wanted her to, and she felt she had to go along with it to keep the peace. (Which might also explain the chip on her shoulder after they lost during the discussions of who to vote out)

Edited by tracyscott76
  • Love 5
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

She looked kind of out of sorts when she said she was sitting out, so I wonder if she didn't want to but the others all wanted her to, and she felt she had to go along with it to keep the peace. (Which might also explain the chip on her shoulder after they lost during the discussions of who to vote out)

I thought about it and another brief thought crossed my mind: did she think she wouldn't do well at this challenge, especially going from swimming to running on the sand with her prosthetic, or did her tribe think that? 

I assume Noelle would have done just fine (better than Nneka, most likely) but I wonder if she, or they, thought her prosthetic leg might slow them down, especially when trying to carry a 400 pound snake? 

Which would be unfair to Noelle if that's the case, but it did cross my mind that her prosthetic played into the decision to sit her out.

  • Useful 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thought about it and another brief thought crossed my mind: did she think she wouldn't do well at this challenge, especially going from swimming to running on the sand with her prosthetic, or did her tribe think that? 

I assume Noelle would have done just fine (better than Nneka, most likely) but I wonder if she, or they, thought her prosthetic leg might slow them down, especially when trying to carry a 400 pound snake? 

Which would be unfair to Noelle if that's the case, but it did cross my mind that her prosthetic played into the decision to sit her out.

Noelle did the transition from swimming to running on the sand during the very first challenge with no noticeable issues, but that involved bringing a boat to shore and hauling some crates, not maneuvering a giant snake over a cage and across the beach. We'll probably never know for sure whose idea it was to sit her out (I'm sure her prosthetic was at least a factor), but her demeanor afterwards leads me to think it wasn't her idea.

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Yes, there is a rule against stealing or hiding someone else's idol, whether you find it by going through their bag or stumble across their hiding place for it in the woods. But that's not what Jeanine was doing. She wasn't trying to steal or hide Gabler's idol, just verify what the parameters were. She couldn't just ask him without it being suspicious, so she looked for herself (with Owen's collaboration).

And if nobody knew Gabler had an idol and he didn't want anyone to know, he should anticipate that people might look and hide it better or keep it on him. Bag searching, liked or not, has happened for years now and players should anticipate it. In this case, of course, everyone knew he had it so he didn't see the need to hide it better.

I mean, it's fine if people don't like the bag searching...I just don't really get why the line is drawn there, in a show where lying, double-crossing, hiding info from your allies, and so on are all fair game. Searching through someone's bag while on vacation, or going through their drawers while visiting their home - those are clearly crossing a line. But taking a scan through someone's bag while playing a game of deceit where advantages are everywhere just seems like par for the course and no different from the other forms of devious gameplay. But to each their own!

Exactly.  It is called Survivor after all.  Nothing is too awful to outwit, outplay and whats the other one?  I forget.  Anyway most of them just get mad because they didnt think of doing the deed themselves.  Outlast?  That may be it.  But in this case the only deception was to Gabler.  Everyone knew what they were up to and wanted to know the answer as well.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Honestly, I'll just say it.  I do feel sorry for the fans Cody does have, because I feel like he's going to show his true colors much more openly soon enough.

I'm on the fence about him but the hair alone screams "douche."

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Fretful said:

That's one line of thinking, and one of the reasons we see older people voted off first- "Keep the tribe strong."  Another point of view is to vote by loyalty-  vote with someone who is not going to vote you out  no matter what.  Personally, I would follow the latter- the goal is to get ME to the merge so I would pick off the people who might go after me.

I don’t disagree, and I hate it when the older people are voted off first because people assume they’re weaker or less capable— sometimes when they’ve just proved the opposite. Loyalty is important, and should definitely be taken into consideration. But in this case, when you have someone who keeps standing to one side while others are working, walks while everyone else is running, doesn’t appear to even try— that’s where I would draw the line. There’s loyalty, and then there’s just dead weight.

  • Love 6
Link to comment
3 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I guess it would be dangerous for her to be in such a small space with people kicking all over regarding her sorry I don't know how it's called, the thing she uses to walk.. I would be scared someone would break it or something.

It's just called a prosthetic leg. She was allowed to bring two prosthetics with her - her running blade (which is the curved prosthesis) and a waterproof prosthetic leg, according to this story.

  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t disagree, and I hate it when the older people are voted off first because people assume they’re weaker or less capable— sometimes when they’ve just proved the opposite. Loyalty is important, and should definitely be taken into consideration. But in this case, when you have someone who keeps standing to one side while others are working, walks while everyone else is running, doesn’t appear to even try— that’s where I would draw the line. There’s loyalty, and then there’s just dead weight.

She really was dragging.  I was actually worried about her.  They haven't been there that long and she just seemed out of it.  Does not eating really take that much of a toll that fast?  Maybe she hasn't been hydrating well enough.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I meant to ask: is Owen too young to be a curmudgeon?

The Oxford dictionary defines it as an ill-tempered person, usually an old man. So I guess he can be an unusual curmudgeon.

His low-key griping and pep talks to himself were cracking me up. Muttering about how he had to haul the water because these people weren't drinking enough seemed quite curmudgeonly and caretaking at the same time.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...