Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Blind Curves

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

The NCIS team’s investigation takes them deep into the world of illegal street racing after a Marine staff sergeant’s body is discovered in a junkyard. Also, Tennant is concerned Alex is hiding something from her, and Whistler is anxious about introducing Lucy to her co-workers.

8 hours ago, preeya said:

Only because it's 2022, I'm going with the "Alex is gay theory" and the suspected girlfriend is a boyfriend.

With his father so sure it was a girlfriend and Whistler coming out to just a momentary alright reaction from her SAC.

For such a cultural icon for 20 years Kai was a singular Marine and agent he never saw any Fast and Furious movie, okay but as I remember the entire "family" thing started with the 4th movie, they were a team in the first. He should have been about the perfect age to pick up on the franchise in Fast Five

• Like 1

Wow. The Whistler/Lucy did not annoy me at all this episode.  Lucy's interactions with her didn't annoy me. (And speaking from the shallow end, the both of them, especially Lucy, looked hot).  Whisler had legitimate worries about revealing her relatnship to her boss, because of both her sexuality and the fact it could be looked on as being a conflict of interest, etc.  It seems those fears have been allieviated, although something slightly bothered me about the boss' (non) reaction.  Of course, I expect the writers to prompty put them in situations where there actually IS a conflict of interest, though; they have to do more than make this couple not annoying for more than one episode for me to come around on it.

I'm with Kai on being squemish about a body crushed in a car..or crushed in general. The body was already dead, but still.

What was the big deal with Jane and her son? So maybe he has a girlfriend. His attention is going to get pulled away from schoolwork sometimes. Count on it happening again.  Although omeone alluded to the fact that the reason he's kept it from his parents is because it's not a girl.  We'll see. That's the only reason I can see for that plot to even be in the episode.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 1

Street racing and the car stripping did seem to be a weird concern for the Fed's. They did give the out that all kinds of crime worked out of the body shop. I guess that the HPD detective with the crush on Ernie won't return.

The Marines, or whoever they are as I saw no unit insignia reminds me of Hawaii 5-0 sometimes going in with machine guns but other times it what would seem to be a less dangerous situation only pistols.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.  Loved the car chase scenes, loved how Jesse is so into cars, loved the ribbing to Kai about never having seen FATF, loved Kai using the ohana line, and talking about how there were only three movies right?

I guess I was so entranced by the car chases that I have already forgotten why the girlfriend killed the guy.

Agree that Lucy and Whistler did not annoy me, I thought Whistler's concerns were valid, and I liked that Lucy did not discount her feelings or freak out.  Lucy from last season would have been talking for days about how Whistler was ashamed of her, and would go pout on and on and on.

14 hours ago, preeya said:

Only because it's 2022, I'm going with the "Alex is gay theory" and the suspected girlfriend is a boyfriend.

Yep.   Add me to those that think that the show seems to be putting it in bright lights that Alex is gay.  The only thing I was surprised about was that he didn't show up at the end with the boyfriend, but I guess they are saving that for another time.

What happened to the sister?  I know she seems to teleport to Saturn all the time, but after Alex said he wouldn't eat with Jane, Jane seemed a bit put off that she would have to eat alone.  Is the sister gone again?

On 9/26/2022 at 10:15 PM, preeya said:

In 1982 single mom Jane would be looking at becoming lola Janey in a few months. In 1992 an HIV diagnosis for her eldest.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:29 PM, blackwing said:

What happened to the sister?  I know she seems to teleport to Saturn all the time, but after Alex said he wouldn't eat with Jane, Jane seemed a bit put off that she would have to eat alone.  Is the sister gone again?

Seeing that Kian Talan is listed as 27 years old he would be much easier to work with and they would only bring in Jane's baby when absolutely necessary. As they can always write off that she is with her father and her new baby brother and hope we don't ask why is Alex not there also.

Edited by Raja

On another note regarding Alex. Last season before he got injured he was quite the athelete (baseball, if I recall), so what happened to that. He seems rehabilitated and should have resumed his baseball dream, or it should have been mentioned as to why not.

Edited by preeya
22 hours ago, preeya said:

My thought is its a girl but she's quite a bit older than Alex. Like, she's 25 and works in the shoe dept of JC Penney and still lives with her parents.  And Alex is going to decide he doesn't want to go to college, but to work so he can afford an apartment for them.  Janey definitely won't be pleased.

Seems like they're testing the waters to see if we want "TNT" but that's a no from me.  He's the type of guy she hooks up with once when she's single and had a bit to drink, but not anyone she would seriously consider dating.

• Love 2

I really like the dynamic between Tennant and her ex. Friendly and polite yet you can tell it requires a certain amount of effort on both sides - the actors are doing a great job. I agree that it is weird we haven't heard how Alex is doing after his injury and I suspect his plot is somehow connected to his recovery.

Nice character detailing for Jesse. C'mon Kai - I haven't seen a single movie of the F&F series but even I know they're not a trilogy. It was bad enough to know nothing about Top Gun. Brush up on your pop culture knowledge! (Or your ignorance becomes a running gag.)

Whistler and Lucy were okay but I think the show should stick to one non-crime related subplot per episode. Family drama or romance drama - not squeeze both into an episode with an already pretty convoluted plot.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Tenant mentioned that Alex had always  told her about his previous girlfriends.  I’m going with the theory  that this particular  girlfriend is someone Alex  thinks Tennant would disapprove of.   She’s either older, of another race, a criminal’s daughter  or a teacher or something. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Tenant mentioned that Alex had always  told her about his previous girlfriends.  I’m going with the theory  that this particular  girlfriend is someone Alex  thinks Tennant would disapprove of.   She’s either older, of another race, a criminal’s daughter  or a teacher or something. 

With two Filipino Hawaiians as parents race won't even be close to the problem, even if Jane wasn't the hero.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Raja said:

With two Filipino Hawaiians as parents race won't even be close to the problem, even if Jane wasn't the hero.

I agree- but he’s a teenager and he could think his mother would be upset even if she wouldn’t be.  Maybe the girl is from the mainland and white and he thinks his parents  will want him to date  an Hawaiian. his thoughts might not make sense to anyone but him 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1

I’m with @sskrill. Whoever Alex is spending late night time with is probably inappropriate in age, experience, profession. Maybe they met while he was recovering from his injury. And I agree, since he didn’t go back to the athletics, maybe he will rethink his future plans. Not looking forward to that drama. 

• Love 1
On 9/27/2022 at 2:13 PM, preeya said:

On another note regarding Alex. Last season before he got injured he was quite the athelete (baseball, if I recall), so what happened to that. He seems rehabilitated and should have resumed his baseball dream, or it should have been mentioned as to why not.

I wonder if they would go down the route of him having gotten addicted to pain killers?

1 hour ago, lh25 said:

I wonder if they would go down the route of him having gotten addicted to pain killers?

Not based upon his demonstrated behavior, nor on his assurance that it won’t happen again. Besides, he knows that if he even tried it, Pops would kill him well before the drugs got him. I must add, I don’t think Alex’s character (as written, so far) would be foolish enough to dump his future for a less than admirable new character. But, alas, writers are notorious for contradicting their own product, and leaving us scratching our heads!

Edited by Daff