Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E03: The Labors of Life

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Kody: The life that she’s looking to create somewhere else isn’t gonna be any better than what she’s had or got.

Me:  You are out of your ever loving mind!  ANYTHING would be better than being in a loveless marriage and being at the receiving end of verbal abuse and blatant disgust.  Not to mention when he ignores and hurts the children, it's multiplied pain for the parent.

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, chuckity said:

I've been mulling this over all day.  Because apparently, I don't have a life.

But I don't think Janelle has ever been in love and been loved.  I think she probably thinks of herself as a non-sexual being - because she's never had a romantic, all encompassing love before.

If she somehow gets away from this fake polygamy cult and finds someone she actually gels with ... look out.  She won't know what hit her.  

I hope that she finds that.

Janelle was married once before Kotex, to Meri's brother, I believe.   SUCH a small world is polygamy, isn't it?  

I think Janelle is happiest when she's left alone.   Kotex is perfectly fine with that because Janelle is much too heavy for his ego and besides, there's no place for him like Robin's Roost.    

I also think Janelle knows she's not sexually desired by Kotex due to her weight and keeps her weight on in order to keep his weight off, if you kwim?   I doubt she finds him one bit attractive other than the few comments she's made about his looks and that's her eye that's beholding the asshat, certainly not mine.  Any woman knows those looks, whether you like them or not, are worthless if the guy is ugly inside and Kotex is FUBAR ugly.  

She just wants to be alone until she needs something she can't do herself, which has become less and less a problem as she ages and figures out that a woman needs a man like Kotex like a fish needs a bicycle.   That would explain why she likes to fish.  Ha!  

Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if Janelle walked one of these days, but she's pretty set in her ways and she's money motivated.  Sister Wives is lucrative if nothing else.   She may very well leave once that mess of a show is cancelled.    I would hope so, but I don't think a single one of those people have been bred for their cunnin'.  

Meri is on the internet claiming to stay on account of she luuuuvs Kotex, so there's that for a demonstration of pure stupidity along with some unsettling masochistic tendencies.   I can't stand her, but my heart breaks for her at the same time.  Poor, pathetic dummy.   And also she lost her mama.  That's hard.  

Meri!  Back up a little bit the next time Kotex takes a swing at your self-esteem.  He can connect with more force that way.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I really dont understand the timing of this show. Its sooo far behind! Its confusing that we watched the one on ones and they all knew but here we are, and they don't know yet! I feel like I'm in some weird time warp

I'm sick to death of seeing all the birthing. Please stop! I think Christine was a little confused when she said the midwive had done 60,000 births thou. The math doesn't add up!

It irks me seeing Robyn and Kody sitting together on zoom calls

Poor Meri! Kody should have been with her, that is awful she did that alone, my heart really goes out to her. He is appalling.

Kody saying it's too cold to visit his daughter. Like wtaf! He is the biggest tosser ever! 

I can't wait til next weeks episode. But Kody saying he wants shared custody of Truely. Is he kidding! I'm still reeling from that. What a joke. He is so nasty!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

All that said, I get that it would have been safer for everyone on the roads if Meri hadn't been driving and she certainly deserved at least the minimal support that Kody's presence would have provided her. 

As much as I am not a Meri fan I felt for her having to drive all that distance after hearing the news.  21 years ago I was driving home from work on the highway and got the phone call from my dad that my mom had suddenly passed.  I was so overcome I had to pull over on the side of the road, something I would never do unless it were a real emergency.  But I knew better than to drive in that emotional state.  I stayed there for a time, I can't remember how long but I got off the highway and took local roads home because I didn't want to risk it.  Meri must be as hard inside as she seems on the outside if she could be that composed in that situation and drive for hours after hearing that news.  Just saying from experience...

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with you. I think Janelle is likely AROMANTIC but very much heterosexual. Sexual attraction and romantic love aren’t the same thing. I think Janelle has less interest in partnered sex now that she’s older (which happens to some people), but she was always aromantic. 

I agree with this.  Also, among the generally aromantic people I have known it has always amazed me how they seem to display a healthy sense of physical attraction for the opposite or same sex, depending on their preference, but when push comes to shove it's all talk and no action, which makes me question how authentic it is or whether its a "cover" to look "normal".  The truth may be that they have too many conflicts to actually sustain a physical relationship or just not have the drive or the need for one so it's all idle talk. 

Also, Janelle reminds me of a certain type of woman I've known in my personal life that was only interested in sex when they were first attracting a man and having his babies and then suddenly turned off to it when they were done having kids.  As if being sexually interested and active was only a means to the end of having a family for them, but after that was done so were they.  Which is typically when a less than principled husband married to such a wife will start to stray.   In Janelle's case she's probably relieved that the K-man can get his physical needs met by another wife or wives, taking the pressure and "responsibility" off of her.  Janelle got married to Kody as a means to an aromantic end, pretty much like she was a means to HIS end of being another "brood mare" to feed his ego and fulfill whatever rationalized "religious" purpose she was supposed to fulfill.  Neither one expected any more from the other so neither one was disappointed with the arrangement.  Given the way things have been going, though, it looks like Janelle might not be so happy with things anymore as Kodouche gets more ridiculous and intolerable about Covid and the kids.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Flagstaff is way colder, however, I didn't know Kody was such a pussy he couldn't visit with HIS OWN CHILDREN if he was chilly.

He didn't care about the temperatures when he left Truely out in the cold when she and Christine and her sisters were vistiting for Aurora's birthday and they didn't let her in the house to play with Sol. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 7

What a sad show this has become!

I was thinking that this is why Robyn purchased a McMansion for her family.  Because Kody was going to live only with her!

Those two are legally married living in their home!

Lights on Meri and Janelle!  It's over and has been for 12 years.

• Like 5
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with this.  Also, among the generally aromantic people I have known it has always amazed me how they seem to display a healthy sense of physical attraction for the opposite or same sex, depending on their preference, but when push comes to shove it's all talk and no action, which makes me question how authentic it is or whether its a "cover" to look "normal".  The truth may be that they have too many conflicts to actually sustain a physical relationship or just not have the drive or the need for one so it's all idle talk. 

Also, Janelle reminds me of a certain type of woman I've known in my personal life that was only interested in sex when they were first attracting a man and having his babies and then suddenly turned off to it when they were done having kids.  As if being sexually interested and active was only a means to the end of having a family for them, but after that was done so were they.  Which is typically when a less than principled husband married to such a wife will start to stray.   In Janelle's case she's probably relieved that the K-man can get his physical needs met by another wife or wives, taking the pressure and "responsibility" off of her.  Janelle got married to Kody as a means to an aromantic end, pretty much like she was a means to HIS end of being another "brood mare" to feed his ego and fulfill whatever rationalized "religious" purpose she was supposed to fulfill.  Neither one expected any more from the other so neither one was disappointed with the arrangement.  Given the way things have been going, though, it looks like Janelle might not be so happy with things anymore as Kodouche gets more ridiculous and intolerable about Covid and the kids.

Taking my response to the Janelle thread. 

It seems like Janelle and Meri are only there for the money from the show. Kody and Robyn seem to be always together and that is never addressed on the show. Right now he is using Covid as an excuse but it has been like that for years. Kody still wants to say he has four wives but he only has one. I would like it if he and Robyn were cut out of the show completely and we only saw the other wives and kids.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Kody is never going to see himself for how he really is. He is oblivious to it. He has all this rage towards anyone that has any sort of feelings other than praising Sobyn. I don't blame his sons one bit for how they're upset at Kody. I wish Janelle and Christine would tell him to his face how they really feel and that they know Sobyn is the favorite and that he basically abandoned everyone else when she came along. They're more upfront in their talking heads than they are when they talk to Kody. I saw Sobyn's grumpy cat face on the zoom calls and I could see how she was chomping at the bit wanting to say something every time Janelle or Christine talked about how he could still see Ysabel. And I know the second the zoom calls ended, she was squawking up a storm in Kody's ear. She's fooling nobody!! Everyone knows he does whatever she says and everyone knows (including his kids) that she is the only wife that matters to him and her brood is all that matters.  It's so fake when she tries acting like she cares about Kody's other relationships! She always tries acting so confused about what's going on. She's a horrible actor. Kody acts so offended that his kids feel forgotten and left out that he tries turning their reasons for feeling this way into something else.  He can't admit that he failed as a father and husband to everyone except Sobyn and her kids. He won't even try to understand why they all feel that way. He reacts in rage and anger so nobody can get a word in because he doesn't want to hear the truth. I feel so bad for his kids.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
On 9/26/2022 at 10:52 AM, bichonblitz said:

Second, why does Christine keep saying that Mykel and Tony are the perfect couple? A great team, a united couple, blah blah. What do they do that is so special? Tony is still a weirdo. Just because his sperm works doesn't make him some super duper husband. 

Echoing what others have already said...   Tony may not be a great guy, but he did seem to be there for Mykelti and involved in the labor.  (Meanwhile, I'm recalling when I was in a very painful labor and the anesthesiologist asked my husband to step outside "for a minute" while I was getting an epidural and my husband decided that would be a great time to wander off for 45 minutes and eat dinner in the hospital cafeteria...  I'm still irked about that 18+ years later.)  Back on point:  Tony might not be the greatest, but he sure beats Kody!

22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

There’s been talk about Robyn’s need for help in the home for years.  I’m not implying she has an issue, but I wonder if she struggles with an ailment that incapacitates her for some reason.  Some people with migraines must go to bed and can’t get out for days. There are other ailments that render a person unable to care for their family too.   I’m just wondering…..this would also explain why Mykelti told her to get dressed for the Zoom.  Maybe, she isn’t able to do that a lot.  

Possibly unpopular opinion alert:  if someone struggles with an ailment that incapacitates them for some reason, maybe they shouldn't have a boatload of kids.  Personally, I don't think Robyn has any kind of an ailment other than wanting to avoid some of the more mundane aspects of having children (cleaning up, doing laundry, making food, washing out bottles, watching the Wiggles for the 157th time, etc.).  

20 hours ago, candall said:

My dentist's son couldn't stand his father and could not WAIT to go off to college.  The dentist constantly complained to all his friends, nurses, patients how his son neglected him and never called him.

Finally, in the middle of an appointment, my father interrupted the dentist's ongoing rant and said, "Bob, if I didn't hear from Candall for two years, by God, I'd be beating on her door, finding out the reason why."

Kody often makes me think of Dr. Bob.

Kody often makes me think of the song "Cat's in the Cradle" (reference for anyone who was around in the 1970s).

18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Flagstaff is way colder, however, I didn't know Kody was such a pussy he couldn't visit with HIS OWN CHILDREN if he was chilly.

AND if the parent ignores you as a child, once you are an adult, you don't feel the want/need to visit all the time.  

His whole reasoning was ridiculous.  If the weather is *that* bad, you call, FaceTime, whatever.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I've been under the impression that during COVID Christine and Janelle's kids didn't see or hear from Kody for weeks at a time sometimes.    

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12

So who wants to bet that Kody never goes to Utah to visit Truely? Either Christine or one of the children will have to drive Truely to Flagstaff to visit with Kody. 

I can totally see him saying, You chose to move, I can't be inconvenienced, so you must bring her to me, because I have small children in Flagstaff that need my attention. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Tony may not be a great guy, but he did seem to be there for Mykelti and involved in the labor. 

I don't really know anything about Tony as I didn't watch the earlier seasons. He did seem to be pretty actively involved in the delivery though. They mentioned that he went along with home birth because it was what Mykelti wanted, even though it was totally foreign and frightening to him. He did rub her back and seemed to do whatever she needed him today without complaint. I think every husband should be that way but they aren't so I guess Tony gets some points for that.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Kody still wants to say he has four wives but he only has one.

He has one real wife and two women tagging along who are willing to be tickets to Planet Kody for Eternity. 

When I was reading the comments about Janelle being "aromatic" at first I thought it meant "fragrant." 

When I turned on the TV just now I caught the scene where Christine is saying on the Zoom call, "So Kody, if Isabel sees her friends instead of you, YOU WON'T BE COMING AROUND, right?" I'm sure she had her fingers crossed behind her back when she put him on the spot like that. 

1 hour ago, MMLEsq said:

His whole reasoning was ridiculous.  If the weather is *that* bad, you call, FaceTime, whatever.

Or put on a COAT, FFS! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Tony might treat Mykelti just fine but he looks terrible all the time!

That way too much unkept hair. Extra weight and clothes that look like they are strangers to the washing machine. 

Add to that his face that looks grimy and pimply and I haven’t gotten a good look at them but uggg.

I just can’t imagine him ever working in a bank!

• Sad 2
  • Love 6

I agree with y'all's posts except for one thing. I don't really think Kody wants to hang around with Robyn's kids at all. He's stuck with them because they happen to live with the wife he's interested in.

I think as an unintended perk - he gets to use the Robyn 5 by telling the other wives that they listen and respect what he says.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya I know but she also mentioned him doing little handyman tasks for her while she lived there and spending time dining Al Fresco at her picnic table under the stars  

I doubt there was anything romantic or sexual going on.

I'm sure Kootie face-timed with Sobbyn, whenever he was over there.  She controls him like a puppet master.  The Sobb-father.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Tony suggested that Kody could put a second mortgage on his house to help pay for Mykelti's wedding. 

When he originally said that I was appalled, but now I think he was just being funny and knew about Kootie's propensity to move money around to cover bills with credit from elsewhere. And then we saw that Kootie would do anything for favoured daughter Maddie and made Myke & Tony move their wedding to December to avoid interfering with Maddie's.  Most polygamists would marry off both daughters at the same time with kin coming from different states, etc.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, Cetacean said:

Thank you.  She can blame Kootie all she wants but she did nothing to call out his bad behavior and negligence of his children for 20-some years.  They deserved each other.

I've been wondering about this demand for joint custody.  Since they are not married, who's going to grant Kooty any custody at all?  Kooty can't claim it's a common-law marriage because he's already married.  It seems to me that what we have here is a single mom who has raised his children with financial support from him; does that count toward getting joint custody?

And what would it look like?  Would Truely have to go from Utah to AZ every other weekend or what?  Spend summers and holidays with Koochie?  But what about Covid?  There's a pair-a-dime shift for you, sir.  About the time she'd have been quarantined long enough to keep Robbing's children safe, it's back on the plane for Utah.

How old is Truely?  Does she get a say in the matter?  Wouldn't it crush Koolio's butt if she said she wanted to live with him and Rubbing full time?  What to do, what to do...

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Mothra said:

How old is Truely?  Does she get a say in the matter?  Wouldn't it crush Koolio's butt if she said she wanted to live with him and Rubbing full time?  What to do, what to do...

That would drive Kootie &Robyn crazy! No way would she allow Truely to come live with them...she's not old enough yet to do the chores Robyn doesn't want to do...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Truely is nearing the teens years. Kody better watch out because at least two of Christine's teens have lived with Robyn.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2

With Truely's permission, of course, Christine should drop by with Truely and all her stuff saying - I've taken care of her alone for the past 2 years; now it's your turn for the next 2 yrs to keep it 50:50.  Robyn objected to taking care of Savanah (then ~12) for one afternoon when Janelle had something important to do. And Kootie got fed up with Truely when she didn't catch on to riding a bike in the 5 minutes he had alloted.

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree with y'all's posts except for one thing. I don't really think Kody wants to hang around with Robyn's kids at all. He's stuck with them because they happen to live with the wife he's interested in.

I think as an unintended perk - he gets to use the Robyn 5 by telling the other wives that they listen and respect what he says.

Oh I agree. Kody is interested in Robyn only. 

He lives for the day they are alone!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Child custody is separate from the non-existent marriage.  All he'd have to do is establish paternity.  Of course, then child support enters the game.  

I am sure the court would be  given access to hours and hours of film showing Kody’s failure  to see or care for Truely.  Added to that, the film of Truely’s  kidney failure.  Then the footage of Kody’s various older children complaining about never seeing him even  though he lived down the street or in the same town. On top of that, the footage of moving them from Utah with three days notice.  I don’t see Kody getting  more than the summer and a week at Christmas due to the distance between them.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

A few random thoughts here -

When Kody said Breanna was staying home so he could still "see" her I really felt badly for Breanna. Breanna should be able to return to school - and another think I don't get Kody being mad at kids having to wear a mask - that is the best protection! I mentioned this before, I am a teacher and was back in the classroom in Sept 2020, kids were hybrid (all kids were equally half in, half out)  but I was there everyday. Hybrid went away after our Spring Break. But we were masked, distanced, and there was testing on site. It is horrible enough that he won't even consider seeing Ysabel and did not make the same ask of her, but to me that was actually good that Ysabel was not forced to make that choice.  but to put Breanna in that situation was so awful as well. Kids need the socialization especially after a year of being away from school. 

If Kody has 50/50 custody he still pays child support but I think not as much - at least in my state. BUT I am sure Christine could ask for and get  retroactive child support AND she can get support for Ysabel, even though she is in college.  I also think he asked for 50/50 so Christine could not move so far away. But again , she has been a single mom and he has had little to no consistent time with the kids. Even during the start of the pandemic the court was very clear that parents were to see their children and said it was important for parents to be in their children's lives. I think that Kody and his "protoculls" would work against him. 

Sorry for the ramblings..the Breanna thing has really bothered me!

Edited by zamp33
Typo corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I agree with most of the comments on child custody.  I’m not licensed in Utah or AZ, but most states require paternity establishment, either on birth certificate or subsequent affidavit and a finding the parent is fit.  Many courts support as close to equal time as possible, understanding that older kids have school activities that can prevent that.  And, often the party moving away.may not fare as well as the one who stayed, unless it’s for work.  To move to be happier and near family…..idk. If both fit parents, the one moving may lose time.    Still, likely the primary care parent would have the school year and the secondary care parent would get the full summer and alternating holidays, unless the kid protest…..the older the child, the more weight their desires, but I have seen the judge insist on visits, even against a child’s wishes.  Regardless, often the parties spilt the drive by meeting half way or alternating the drive.  Also, many allow flying, and the person incurring the cost, getting credit on child support calculations.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

With Truely's permission, of course, Christine should drop by with Truely and all her stuff saying - I've taken care of her alone for the past 2 years; now it's your turn for the next 2 yrs to keep it 50:50.  Janelle objected to taking care of Savanah (then ~12) for one afternoon when Janelle had something important to do. And Kootie got fed up with Truely when she didn't catch on to riding a bike in the 5 minutes he had alloted.

I *think* you meant Sobbyn (the one who wouldn't take care of Savanah.)

Some sister wife Sobbyn turned out to be!  Selfish as the day is long (like Meri.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh I agree. Kody is interested in Robyn only. 

He lives for the day they are alone!

Yup.  So Krotchlessy doesn't want a polygamous marriage now that he's seen Paree; Christine wants out because she doesn't feel like she's been in a polyg marriage ever since Rubbing sidled in; and Meri and Janelle are OK with how things are, just as long as nobody expects them to do anything.

No, officer--no polygamites here, sir.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

With Truely's permission, of course, Christine should drop by with Truely and all her stuff saying - I've taken care of her alone for the past 2 years; now it's your turn for the next 2 yrs to keep it 50:50.  Janelle objected to taking care of Savanah (then ~12) for one afternoon when Janelle had something important to do. And Kootie got fed up with Truely when she didn't catch on to riding a bike in the 5 minutes he had alloted.

Do you mean Robyn objected?

I almost wish there was a way for Christine to call his bluff and say "OK let's do 50/50"

I bet Kody would be shitting himself trying to think of excuses why that wouldn't work.

Since there's an actual child involved and she'd probably be hurt by her fathers reaction it's not a good idea but I'd just love for Christine to put him on the spot and watch him squirm his way off and then Christine could say "Just stop it, you never wanted to spend time with her when she lived here so don't pull that crap now!"  and walk out the door.  🖕

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I almost wish there was a way for Christine to call his bluff and say "OK let's do 50/50"

I bet Kody would be shitting himself trying to think of excuses why that wouldn't work.

Christine could fake declare "sure, lets do 50/50", then after Kootie soils his panteloons,  let Truely say - nope, I'm going to stay with Mom. Kootie (and Robyn & Truely) will be relieved that he "won".

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
On 9/26/2022 at 3:46 PM, NotinKansasanymore said:

Does anyone else think that Kody only wants 50/50 custody of Truely so he doesn't have to pay Christine child support?

Funny that she already talked to him about moving, (when he gave his real reason for concern being Christine finding a greedy boyfriend, who will take his money,) and they seemed to hash out the details, and he gave her consent to move. 

But now after he had a chance to go home, and Robyn got in his ear, he suddenly wants custody, and to cause a scene of how he is the victim in front of the other wives. 

I thought that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pooky said:

Do you mean Robyn objected?

Yup, and she was sputtering about how she already had plans to take her girls to a movie (so take Savanah too, I'll pay) and making other lame excuses.  Janelle should have said it was the least Robyn could have done after Janelle supported her and her 5 kids as part of the fambly.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, Kellyee said:

Christine was not initially a big fan of Tony either. None of the Brown adults were. It was during that period when everyone was on the Maddie/Caleb love train, and Mykelti mostly appeared to be an annoying distraction. 

Mykelti and Tony were constantly compared to Maddie and Caleb.  This was a competition they could simply never win from the golden couple.

Caleb was way more mature than Tony. He also seemed to know exactly what to say and do to come across as the perfect husband. I guess both Janelle and Kody felt that their precious daughter was in good hands there. Kody adored Caleb and Maddie was one of his favourite kids for a long time, so they could never do anything wrong.

In came his "trouble-making" other daughter, who never did as Douchebag-Dad said and chose her own path. In came a guy she had only dated for a short while. A guy who looked immature and was as free-spirited as Mykelti.

I have to admit, I shared Christine's doubts about Mykelti and Tony at first. The way Tony came across, his immaturity and how they rushed through their courtship. But... they still seem to be doing great as a couple. Both are a bit quirky and seem genuinely fond of each other. Christine wants what every mom wants; seeing her child happy. Tony is obviously capable of keeping Mykelti happy which probably earned him lots of Browny Points.

Edited by LilyD
  • Like 8
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Mykelti and Tony were constantly compared to Maddie and Caleb.  This was a competition they could simply never win from the golden couple.

Caleb was way more mature than Tony. He also seemed to know exactly what to say and do to come across as the perfect husband. I guess both Janelle and Kody felt that their precious daughter was in good hands there. Kody adored Caleb and Maddie was one of his favourite kids for a long time, so they could never do anything wrong.

In came his "trouble-making" other daughter, who never did as Douchebag-Dad said and chose her own path. In came a guy she had only dated for a short while. A guy who looked immature and was as free-spirited as Mykelti.

I have to admit, I shared Christine's doubts about Mykelti and Tony at first. The way Tony came across, his immaturity and how they rushed through their courtship. But... they still seem to be doing great as a couple. Both are a bit quirky and seem genuinely fond of each other. Christine wants what every mom wants; seeing her child happy. Tony is obviously capable of keeping Mykelti happy which probably earned him lots of Browny Points.

28 minutes ago, LilyD said:

If she thinks they are a great couple, shows where the bar is set... 

In saying that, even if we dont like them, they are a solid couple and have cemented their family now with twins on the way. They love each other. End of.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

This is already more than a year that has passed. What they are arguing about has mostly played out.

Which is one reason that I find watching this mess is pointless. Nothing new will be revealed, it's like watching a rerun.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/26/2022 at 11:00 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Kody: The life that she’s looking to create somewhere else isn’t gonna be any better than what she’s had or got.

Me:  You are out of your ever loving mind!  ANYTHING would be better than being in a loveless marriage and being at the receiving end of verbal abuse and blatant disgust.  Not to mention when he ignores and hurts the children, it's multiplied pain for the parent.

Typical of an emotional abuser. I was infuriated when he said this, and I’m sure he’s flabbergasted that Christine has not only succeeded on her own, but is flourishing.

What we saw there was the real Kody. He’s worried about his wives telling everyone he’s a horrible person? Well, he is. He’s shown the whole world who he really is, he doesn’t need anyone to do it for him. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 13
  • Love 1

The biggest thing from this whole episode for me was the fact that Mykelti was a nanny for Robyn before they wed. Why are we just hearing this now!? Its weird. What else don't we know??

Edited by Pooky
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pooky said:

The biggest thing from this whole episode for me was the fact that Mykelti was a nanny for Robyn before they wed. Why are we just hearing this now!? Its weird. What else don't we know??

I’m going to guess plenty.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Dumber than Avalon Hybrid?

Actually “Mykelti” is at the top of my list of dumb Kody offspring names. Now that’s a name you’ll never find on the  key ring rack in a souvenir shop. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m going to guess plenty.

If "reality shows" presented the reality of what is happening in their characters' lives, ratings would skyrocket.  Instead they produce manufactured storylines, sanitized interactions and fake personalities.  We all have to figure out what is really happening through clues and small gaps in their presentations- such as Robyn being the favored wife.  Can you imagine if the series had captured everyone's true feelings all along? We would have been on the edge of our seats!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5