Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E03: The Labors of Life

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

I think it was just Christine and Mykelti saying "heads up, we're filming for the show.  You've got time to get yourself camera ready"

I think it was just Christine and Mykelti saying "heads up, we're filming for the show. You've got time to get some make-up on that goiter. FTFY!

• LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I think it was just Christine and Mykelti saying "heads up, we're filming for the show. You've got time to get some make-up on that goiter. FTFY!

or: you've got time to fix your eyebrows .... not like that!

I sure hope that's the last of the labour footage. We don't need to see that a million more times.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, mytmo said:

For Kody not to be there for Meri and at least driving her to see her mother is inexcusable.  

Kody wouldn't spend five hours alone in a car with Meri if it were Meri herself dying.  Sorry, Meri.  You had a bad setback when you tried to break away, but you need to try again.  You're worth so much more than this shallow nothing of a man.

######

My dentist's son couldn't stand his father and could not WAIT to go off to college.  The dentist constantly complained to all his friends, nurses, patients how his son neglected him and never called him.

Finally, in the middle of an appointment, my father interrupted the dentist's ongoing rant and said, "Bob, if I didn't hear from Candall for two years, by God, I'd be beating on her door, finding out the reason why."

Kody often makes me think of Dr. Bob.

• Love 18

The only child that needs protection from the trauma of divorce is Truely, but sadly I find it hard to believe Christine and Ysabel hid their feelings about him. I'm sure a little unintentional parental alienation has already happened. That in addition to Kody ignoring Truely while proudly answering the door she's knocking on, standing with Sol and Ari - every time. That is soul crushing right there. I'm guessing until then Truely just assumed Kody was making the rounds like he usually did.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Christine was not initially a big fan of Tony either. None of the Brown adults were. It was during that period when everyone was on the Maddie/Caleb love train, and Mykelti mostly appeared to be an annoying distraction. 

If I remember correctly, Mykelti had gone to college for a year but then decided to drop out for a semester. For some reason she decided to live with this pastor and his wife who were friends of the family. I can't remember their names but the husband later performed M's wedding. Tony, I think went to their church or was friends with this couples kids and Mykelti started dating him. I think Christine and Kody were initially upset b/c they thought Mykelti was going to return to college and she was only 19 and had only known Tony a few months. I remember there was some long discussion about Kody wanted them to wait a year before getting married. but Mykelti wasn't having it so they had a December wedding later that year, outdoors no less (Brrr).

Edited by applewood
misspelling
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only child that needs protection from the trauma of divorce is Truely, but sadly I find it hard to believe Christine and Ysabel hid their feelings about him. I'm sure a little unintentional parental alienation has already happened. That in addition to Kody ignoring Truely while proudly answering the door she's knocking on, standing with Sol and Ari - every time. That is soul crushing right there. I'm guessing until then Truely just assumed Kody was making the rounds like he usually did.

Kids aren't stupid.  Truly knows exactly where she stands with her father and that's waaaay behind Robin and her kids.  She's not worth visiting, or getting a phone call from him, either.  He's much too busy, don'tcha know?  It takes time to scrape the bark off trees.  

I'm sorry for the kids, but the lessons they've been taught about polygamy so far, seems to be holding them in good stead when it comes to their choosing a monogamous or polygamy.  Not one of them are impressed with polygamy so far, which is a very good thing, imo.  As the old adage goes:  Proofs in the puddin'.  

I'm so sick of Krappy Kootie I could spit.  He is as self-absorbed as it gets.  It's all about poor, pitiful him, the injustice of his trying to be the best husband and father in the world, and that mean, ungrateful Christine.   

IMO, she needs to get a heck of a lot meaner and keep what's hers.  I read somewhere she gave up her house to him.  Doesn't sound mean enough to me.  I hope he had to pay her SOMETHING if that's true.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Christine's disbelief at Kody stating he'd want 50% custody of the kids made me laugh. As she pointed out, how on earth can he demand 50% of his time with his kids with her when he'd never sees them as it is? He could have accessed 50% throughout their childhoods, yet he makes it clear he doesn't "babysit". So unless Robyn is going to babysit Christine's kids (or just Truly) when he drags them back for their 50% visit, this is an empty threat.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

But Christine is being made out to be better than she is. I've been watching this show from the beginning, and Christine is not a saint, and her life did not appear to be as bad as she now makes it out to be.

Thank you.  She can blame Kootie all she wants but she did nothing to call out his bad behavior and negligence of his children for 20-some years.  They deserved each other.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought Mykelti moved in with the owners of the pawnshop where she was working after she dropped out of school and that was who officiated their wedding. 

Did she really drop out of school? I thought all the Browns graduated from High School. Or are you referring to withdrawing from college?

39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Even if Christine hid her feelings about Kody, Truley would have overheard a ton of negative conversations about Kody from Janelle's kids.

• Like 5

Kody has only had 33% 'custody' and then 25% custody of his children for their entire lives. In the last 5 years its been more like 50% Robyn and 25% Christine & Janelle. The last 2 years have been 90% Robyn. Who the fuck does he think he's kidding?

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yea, I live in New England and we did all types of creative things to maintain relationships during covid winters. We had coffee visits in the Dunkin Donut parking lots, while staying in our cars. We had tons of garage get togethers with the garage door open. We had fire pit bonfires on snowy days. We had indoor gatherings with masks. Indoor gatherings with coats on and windows cracked. We had an early outdoor Thanksgiving meal on a beautiful crisp fall day, etc.

We tried to adopt the Scandinavian saying - there's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.

If Kody wanted to see his kids, or his wives, he would have figured it out.

I forgot about Meri's segment. I felt so bad for her - 5 hours alone in a car worried about her mom, which turned into 4 hours alone in a car knowing her mom had passed. Heartbreaking.

I really felt for Meri.  And goddam it Kody, you do not let someone going through this travel alone.  Jesus!

6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sobbyn sittin' there looking smug on the conference call pissed me off.  I caught her 🙄 face and wanted to reach thru my TV and slap her silly.

Kootie was his usual assholey self; no surprise there.  If I hear "protoCULLS" one more time, I'll scream!  

No way would I have a baby on TV!  I think it was Tony not wanting Kootie to watch Mykelti giving birth, and I don't blame him.  Too bad Sobbyn was invited to witness the event.  I do remember Aspyn living with Sobbyn at one point.  They called it a "polygamy perk."  Was Mykelti sent to be a mother's helper to Sobbyn so Sob could monopolize Kootie even before they married?  I wonder who actually came up with that idea.

I am squeamish about all medical stuff on screen.  I don't want to see births, operations, injections, nada.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Kody is a straight up diva caliber bitch. His inference that he is as good as it gets made me yell. I dont actually do that often.

I hope Christine is still filming when she finally meets her "person". Kody seems to be in the dark when it comes to what women need from men, and he's clueless to the fact that most men, aside from physically abusive, are already head's above kody for being good for marriage.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

That perplexed me. I just researched temps in AZ in the winter and several sources said 64-70...wtf he talking about? Besides, as someone already mentioned, if it was 5 degrees he could find a way. He sounded like such a whining baby saying that.

I think at this point Christine thinks that any monogamous marriage is better than what she endured.

Flagstaff is way colder, however, I didn't know Kody was such a pussy he couldn't visit with HIS OWN CHILDREN if he was chilly.

1 hour ago, candall said:

Kody wouldn't spend five hours alone in a car with Meri if it were Meri herself dying.  Sorry, Meri.  You had a bad setback when you tried to break away, but you need to try again.  You're worth so much more than this shallow nothing of a man.

######

My dentist's son couldn't stand his father and could not WAIT to go off to college.  The dentist constantly complained to all his friends, nurses, patients how his son neglected him and never called him.

Finally, in the middle of an appointment, my father interrupted the dentist's ongoing rant and said, "Bob, if I didn't hear from Candall for two years, by God, I'd be beating on her door, finding out the reason why."

Kody often makes me think of Dr. Bob.

AND if the parent ignores you as a child, once you are an adult, you don't feel the want/need to visit all the time.  

• Like 3
  • Love 7

One more rant (sorry, but I dislike Kody so much, I could write a book on his shitty behaviour).

What really sends me, is how Kody et el escaped to Vegas because of Utah's laws about marriage. Yet suddenly he's looking to laws of marriage to grant him 50% custody of minor kids. He seems to want the law on his side only if it serves him.

22 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Thank you.  She can blame Kootie all she wants but she did nothing to call out his bad behavior and negligence of his children for 20-some years.  They deserved each other.

I thought she did call him out on his behaviors and that's why 12 years ago he started slowly withdrawing from her and going to her place less. I thought she always pointed out the things she disliked, and Kody dismissed her as a jealous, petty wife.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Does anyone else think that Kody only wants 50/50 custody of Truely so he doesn't have to pay Christine child support?

Funny that she already talked to him about moving, (when he gave his real reason for concern being Christine finding a greedy boyfriend, who will take his money,) and they seemed to hash out the details, and he gave her consent to move. 

But now after he had a chance to go home, and Robyn got in his ear, he suddenly wants custody, and to cause a scene of how he is the victim in front of the other wives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I thought Mykelti moved in with the owners of the pawnshop where she was working after she dropped out of school and that was who officiated their wedding. 

Yes, you are right. I forgot about the pawn shop. I guess I was thinking he was a pastor because he officiated the wedding.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Chalby said:

So unless Robyn is going to babysit Christine's kids (or just Truly) when he drags them back for their 50% visit, this is an empty threat.

So unless Robyn Truely is going to babysit Christine's Robyn's kids when he drags them back for their 50% visit, this is an empty threat.

Fixed it for you.  😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I thought she did call him out on his behaviors and that's why 12 years ago he started slowly withdrawing from her and going to her place less. I thought she always pointed out the things she disliked, and Kody dismissed her as a jealous, petty wife.

He sent Truley to the hospital in renal failure due to his negligence.  He forced Ysabel to wear a PVC pipe contraption for her scoliosis, prescribed by some quack, and then verbally berated her for "not trying hard enough" when it didn't work.  He refused to go with Ysabel for her surgery.  He ingnored all of Christine's children.

Christine did nothing.  Through it all she referred to him as her "wonderful man".

Edited by Cetacean
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I felt really grossed out by all those people stuffed into Mykelti's room while she gave birth. Over 24 hours, probably unwashed? Nah. They did all seem very supportive, though.

I wonder if Robyn stayed on Zoom the entire time. Did she get up and munch on some chips while she got hungry? I do give her props, because I'd have been insanely bored until the end. I find I like her just fine when she's interacting with the kids.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Sorry, my therapist senses go wild watching this family. I think when Kody said he asked Briana to stay with online learning, the message he was sending was, Briana respects his wishes. He is clueless that the message was received as I ask the kids I like to stay home.

Also the message he was sending was that Ysabel choosing to go back to school would prevent him from seeing Truly, he really laid it on thick in that meeting about how much Truly loves seeing him (on the rare occasions she does).

Kody wants to play the martyr and pretend like the kids are being kept from him but he never makes alternative suggestions on how to see them. Like if he wanted to spend time with Truly but was concerned about Ysabel going back to school, surely you would get Truly tested and have her come and stay at Robins for a few days or something. He will blame Covid for everything until the end of time like it will be the reason he doens't have a relationship with his non Robin kids, the decades of earlier neglect will be conveniently forgotten in his narrative.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I could have missed it, but did Meri make Kody aware she was going to see her mother in the hospital?

She definitely called him but I think it was from the car and she said in her confessional that he knew she was in the hospital and that Meri was on her way up but it sounded more like giving him a heads up than expecting him to come

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Not only was it too cold to visit his kids (never too cold to chop wood though), but apparently the jackass can't be bothered to call or text either.  I wonder if Ysabel is on the group chats with the clique? Goodness, I hope so.

Kody: I don't love you, trust, and don't find you attractive. Never have!  Plus, your mean and I  don't want to have intimacy with you ever again

Christine: OK, I am leaving and want a divorce

Kody:

surprised-pikachu.gif 

... and then proceeds to play little tests and games to gauge if she is indeed serious. I mean, how can a woman resist all that rejection and misery? 

Kody quiet quit all other wives, except Robyn about a decade ago.

It actually made me sad to hear that Kody said that Ysabel was far more social and had a big friend group compared to Robyn's daughters. Those girls are being forced and socialized to make Kody their world. It is frankly disgusting and bad parenting. 

If the self-proclaimed scapegoat of the Brown Family had an ailment that prevented her from watching her own kids, working outside the home, cooking and clean I firmly 100% believe she would have bleated it out a million times (with tears to match) already.  When has Robyn ever passed on the chance to get on the cross?

I agree, unless it’s something some people are embarrassed about.  Some illnesses still have a stigma.  Just saying, it would explain it.  It would be up to her to disclose it.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think Tony actually likes to spend time with Mykelti and may, on occasion, do something nice for her. The bar is very low for Christine. 

I agree. I also remember when she went on and on about what a great couple Leon and Audrey (hope they are still using that name, if not my apologies), were and how they got on so well. I think when the children started marrying and Christine saw a functional relationship she realized how dysfunctional hers was. 

Edited by zamp33
edited to correct typos and to shorten post
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

The zoom meeting showed the real set-up of that family.  Kody with Robyn and the other ladies on their own.  Kody accusing Christine of trying to run the meeting and taking charge was blatantly false.  I think he hates that she is an “independent woman” now and has a voice. The fact that she wasn’t kowtowing to him, seemed to have gotten under his skin.  Christine has made it perfectly clear that she hasn’t been happy for a long time.  So, I can’t believe he had the audacity to say that one day she is going to realize the life she’s looking to create somewhere else isn’t going to be any better than what she’s had. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think Tony actually likes to spend time with Mykelti and may, on occasion, do something nice for her. The bar is very low for Christine. 

His appearance was shocking from when they (and we) first met him to when we saw him in this episode. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The zoom meeting showed the real set-up of that family.  Kody with Robyn and the other ladies on their own.  Kody accusing Christine of trying to run the meeting and taking charge was blatantly false.  I think he hates that she is an “independent woman” now and has a voice.

Yet, in a scene shortly after, Robyn was proclaiming that polygamy makes women independent and strong.  She's the personification!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I felt really grossed out by all those people stuffed into Mykelti's room while she gave birth. Over 24 hours, probably unwashed? Nah. They did all seem very supportive, though.

I wonder if Robyn stayed on Zoom the entire time. Did she get up and munch on some chips while she got hungry? I do give her props, because I'd have been insanely bored until the end. I find I like her just fine when she's interacting with the kids.

Now we know what the nanny does! She is there to take care of Robyn's kids whenever any of the older children give birth so Robyn can provide advice like "breathe thru your nose (nipples)!"

• LOL 6

I'm already getting a little tired of listening to Kody and Robyn's warped view of the family and their place in it. 

In their view...

1. They are the victims that everyone is ganging up on.

2. Robyn is the saint of the world who is all knowing, sensitive and wonderful.

3. Kody is the best husband and father in the world. Everyone should bow to everything he says and wants no matter how unfair and ridiculous.

How much can a person listen to these two's delusions? It's insanity.

• Like 3
  • Applause 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Castina said:

Some thoughts on this episode tied in with facts we learned along the way to this episode:

1. I firmly believe Robyn is the one who is/was really worried about covid so I don't believe Kody asked her daughters to continue with online schooling.  I think between the pair Robyn's kids knew that was the only choice they were allowed to make.  And for them it was probably an easier choice as they weren't giving up a social live for a random five minutes with their father.  I think this is why his boys are really fighting with him because the few things that made the edit have me believe that Kody was all about freedom/2A/government not going to control me with lockdowns but his love for Robyn changed those views and the boys see someone who raised them with certain values throw them out the window so he doesn't loose access to his favourite wife.  

2. Some point this season (and earlier seasons) Christine mentions how Kody isn't really present on his days.  That he is out the door as soon as the sun rises, home for dinner/6pm-ish and while "with them" is always on his phone or some other distraction.  It didn't seem to be quality time.  I also googled average temperatures for Flagstaff and learned the coldest month is December with lows of -6°C (20F) and highs of 6°C (43F).  I had to convert it to °C to get a better understanding. 

As someone with a lot of experience living in countries with really cold winters his excuse is piss poor.  Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread and it's true.  There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. If your worst month ranges from -6 to +6 then that is so manageable to do activities outside.  And the Vitamin D you get from the sun and the fresh air would be such a boost to anyones immune system.  So what I think Kody is really saying is he wants to continue to visit them in the manner he has been doing for years, being present without being present, but to switch to outdoor visits means he actually has to engage with his children, talk to them, do things with them.  He can't just sit out there scrolling through his phone.  Thats his problem. 

3.  As for Christine and whether she is or isn't a good mother.  Yes she used to irritate me in the earlier seasons but I think all of these women are a product of their faith and upbringing.  Not just polygamy but the LDS faith in general.  I've viewed a number of different shows and documentaries this year about this and my observation was that women are raised and taught the man is the head of the family and that if they aren't happy they are encouraged to put it on a shelf and be happy.  That it's all on you.  So I find it hard to condemn any of these women.  Christine mentions a lot this season about the last 10-12 years ie.. the Robyn years.  I think Christine did as she was taught and told, kept sweet, put things on the shelf etc...  And even though she was the basement wife and had insecurities (it would seem) from early on I don't think it was until Robyn that Christine actually saw what it was like when a man really loved his wife and wanted to be with her (Kody with Robyn) and then as her daughters got married (all during the last 10-12 years) how those men loved her daughters it all became more difficult.  And she got to watch each season how much Kody really favoured Robyn, how he looked at Robyn, how giddy he was sneaking around the house to get away from the cameras to kiss Robyn goodbye while she was in labour at the hospital with Truely. 
So it's easy to understand why she thinks Tony is amazing.  Because Tony looks at Mykelti the way Kody looks at Robyn.

4. The death of Meri's mother.  It reminded me that we saw pap photos of the funeral:
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2625497/sister-wives-kody-brown-meri-mom-funeral-kisses-janelle/

Janelle and Kody were at the funeral.  Note the photo of Janelle and Kody together maskless sharing a kiss. It also looks like Mariah and Audrey may have started their transition before the death of Meri's mother?

5. I think the 50/50 custody is about money and also a power play to prevent Christine from moving so far away.

Kody looks like a clown with blonde hair:

image.png.2e72f6510858638c597bcac7dd85450a.png

42 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The zoom meeting showed the real set-up of that family.  Kody with Robyn and the other ladies on their own.  Kody accusing Christine of trying to run the meeting and taking charge was blatantly false.  I think he hates that she is an “independent woman” now and has a voice. The fact that she wasn’t kowtowing to him, seemed to have gotten under his skin.  Christine has made it perfectly clear that she hasn’t been happy for a long time.  So, I can’t believe he had the audacity to say that one day she is going to realize the life she’s looking to create somewhere else isn’t going to be any better than what she’s had. 

Robyn had total stank face during that zoom.  One could think she really dislikes all of them.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Exactly, I love it that Christine finally left Kodouche but she also has some quirks in her personality that can be very annoying.

I can barely stand to listen when she does her baby whisper voice and she often doesn’t seem to get the point during disagreements and will validate her viewpoint in the strangest way… she never actually confronts Kody and TELLS HIM ABOUT HIMSELF!!! Yet we know she’s very capable of being a first rate bitch and attacking people when she doesn’t like their viewpoint, even her own kids have gotten smacked upside the head with truth bombs from Christine…. But never Kody the asshole who deserves it the most!

She’s also very delusional… I mean good grief SHE THINKS SHE CAN SING!! And it’s not like someone who thinks they can sing because they’ve never had an opportunity to actually hear themselves singing, Christine has access to plenty of video with her singing… she sounds horrible!!! high pitched and off key!  😖

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Jennifer Aniston once remarked that Brad Pitt is missing a “sensitivity chip”. 

Hoping this hasn't already been replicated somewhere in the discussion, but Kody is missing more than just the sensitivity chip; he's missing the entire bag of chips.

As far as the Zoom meeting went, no one thus far has noted all the eyerolling and grimacing that Robyn was doing throughout the call.  The other 'wives' did because it was obvious Robin was in no way, shape or form condoning anything Kody was saying.  The 'wives' noticed it and they were sniggering at the screen.

As far as Mykelti's delivery went, 24 hours is far, far, far too long for the level of labor she was experiencing - and the cord wrapped multiple times?  Hell, that could have gone south in a very big hurry for the baby.  I'm glad all's well that ends well, but that was truly a bad labor experience.

And I continue to ask, from the previews, why does Kody pretend now to be concerned as to his future contact with his children with Christine, when they right now live around the corner and he can't be bothered to even stand outside a window and wave to them?

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I really felt for Meri.  And goddam it Kody, you do not let someone going through this travel alone.  Jesus!

You put them on a damned plane before you let the drive for five or six hours.  For her own good as well as for the good of all the other drivers on the road.  Losing a parent, or being damned close to it, is not something you put behind the wheel of a vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Does anyone else think that Kody only wants 50/50 custody of Truely so he doesn't have to pay Christine child support?

Having custody doesn't generally get one out of child support.  Speaking from experience.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, b2H said:

You put them on a damned plane before you let the drive for five or six hours.  For her own good as well as for the good of all the other drivers on the road.  Losing a parent, or being damned close to it, is not something you put behind the wheel of a vehicle.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Why she didn’t fly and why she was filming while devastated and driving. 

I wonder if there will be a tell-all/nothing. Kody is coming off as the worst, worse than ever and I can’t see him wanting to be in the hot seat. Of course, they wouldn’t call him out nearly as harshly as he deserves. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Libby said:

I'm already getting a little tired of listening to Kody and Robyn's warped view of the family and their place in it. 

In their view...

1. They are the victims that everyone is ganging up on.

2. Robyn is the saint of the world who is all knowing, sensitive and wonderful.

3. Kody is the best husband and father in the world. Everyone should bow to everything he says and wants no matter how unfair and ridiculous.

How much can a person listen to these two's delusions? It's insanity.

Yes Robin the Saint….. According to Robin she’s Mother Teresa on steroids 🙄

I guess she’s forgotten the times that her mask has slipped off and we got to see her true nature like the time they were onstage doing a meet and greet or some such nonsense and a woman asked a question she didn’t like… Robin got all witch face and literally dripped with anger and sarcasm as she started to lecture the lady “Listen.. SWEETHEART!! Blah, blah, blah”.. (with a snotty look on her face) 

she also told the audience that their lifestyle “isn’t for AMATEURS!” ( oh don’t worry Robin we know you’re a PRO… a legitimate and fully licensed bitch who gets what she wants!)

THAT was the real Robyn  👹

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

Review in spoiler tags.

TL;DR: Kody continues to be a self-absorbed asshole entirely incapable of self-reflection.

Spoiler

Previously on “Sister” “Wives”: Kody Brown, last seen complaining about being betrayed (the nature of said betrayal remains unknown), tried really hard to be his kids’ hero. His version of heroism involved neglecting them and then blaming them for his poor relationships with them. The kids were, quite understandably, not impressed by this show of bravery.

It's six weeks post-Kody/Christine breakup convo. You remember that convo…the one in which Christine correctly pointed out that Kody didn’t love her, and Kody sat there like a semi-sentient lump. Kody wants to post some sort of anniversary post, i.e. he wants to lie and pretend their marriage isn’t over, and he speculates egotistically that Christine’s new life won’t be better than the one she’s had with him. Let me disabuse you of that notion, asshat. Unless she’s again saddled with a whiny, irresponsible manbaby who treats her like a broodmare with opposable thumbs (can’t cook without those), her new life will be better by default.

Christine acknowledges that she and Kody were never legal married, only spiritually, so she’s not sure how when a divorce occurs. “There never was a real marriage…contract,” says Christine, throwing down some truths without realizing it.

Kody blames Christine for “unwinding” plural marriage and running his life’s purpose. Your life’s purpose is to be an asshole, Kody. Trust me, you’re doing just fine on that front. This is the same man who told the camera, not two episodes ago, that advised anyone listening not to live plural marriage!

Christine summons a meeting to let the rest of the fambly know she’s peacing out. (Spoiler: she does not inform the fambly she’s got both feet out the door). Kody, with Robyn welded to his side like a barnacle on a ship’s hull, bitches she’s running the meeting because she’s an independent woman who doesn’t need the rest of them. She is and she doesn’t. He means this in a negative way. I disagree.

Janelle, visiting Maddie and co. in North Carolina, is also an independent woman, and she’s defied Kody’s order not to leave his orbit.

There’s a really long sequence in which Kody feigns interest in anything the non-Robyns and the non-Robyn spawn are doing. The way he asks obvious questions about his own children indicates quite clearly that he pays no attention to anything outside of his own ass. He’s still trying desperately to avoid anything outside of Robyn’s spider lair. We been knew.

“I wanna see Ysabel,” says Kody, who does not want to see Ysabel and in fact flat-out refused to the chance to spend lots of time with her as she prepared to move to North Carolina.

He’s pissed his other wives want to pin him down on his Covid hypocrisy…because he is a hypocrite who does not want to be called on it. Imagine having a nanny in your house and refusing to see your own damn children. Kody is utterly baffled at Christine’s refusal to do all the shit she used to do...you know, the things a wife might have done. He really is unclear on the concept of “divorce.”

Kody doesn’t want to set up outdoor visits with the non-Robyn spawn, according to his own Covid protocol, because it’s cold outside. I wish I was kidding, too, and yet here we are.

“There’s more for me to consider than Christine and her needs,” says Kody, who has never given one single fuck about Christine or her needs, and still doesn’t. He is, however, incensed to find out that she no longer cares about his needs.

“I’ve mentally washed my hands of this conversation,” says Janelle, who has clearly washed her hands of everything involving this fambly. The conversation, such as it is, ends with no resolution and no interest from me.

I love the opening shots of the barren, desolate landscapes…a perfect match to the barren, desolate fambly on this show.

Meri’s mother is mid-heart attack and Meri’s on her way to see her, but she doesn’t make it. It made me really sad to see Meri driving all the way alone, with no one to comfort her, including her “husband.” Kody should tell Meri the truth – their marriage is over and there’s no hope for them. What he’s doing to her is cruel. No snark about this scene. I’m really sorry for everyone involved. It seems like the entire fambly really loved Bonnie.

Christine is in Utah with Mykelti, who’s in labor. Mykelti hasn’t invited Kody to the birth because she doesn’t want him seeing her vagina, which seems pretty reasonable to me. (Take note, Robyn’s stepdad, who thought the birth of Solomon was a spectator sport.) Also, I’m sure she didn’t want him there because he’s an attention whoring asshole. I’m just guessing, but it seems pretty likely.

Christine assumes Robyn knows about the demise of her marriage. Robyn does not know, but she suspects something is afoot and hopes they can work it out.

Narrator voice: they cannot work it out.

I could have done without the sound of Mykelti squealing and grunting in labor, but if the alternative is Kody’s glowering…tell me more about Mykelti’s cervix.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I just researched temps in AZ in the winter and several sources said 64-70...wtf he talking about?

Flagstaff is way colder, however, I didn't know Kody was such a pussy he couldn't visit with HIS OWN CHILDREN if he was chilly.

Definitely way colder--there's a ski resort just outside Flagstaff.  And it's common for skiers to hang around outside on a deck when they're not actually skiing.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes Robin the Saint….. According to Robin she’s Mother Teresa on steroids 🙄

I guess she’s forgotten the times that her mask has slipped off and we got to see her true nature like the time they were onstage doing a meet and greet or some such nonsense and a woman asked a question she didn’t like… Robin got all witch face and literally dripped with anger and sarcasm as she started to lecture the lady “Listen.. SWEETHEART!! Blah, blah, blah”.. (with a snotty look on her face) 

she also told the audience that their lifestyle “isn’t for AMATEURS!” ( oh don’t worry Robin we know you’re a PRO… a legitimate and fully licensed bitch who gets what she wants!)

THAT was the real Robyn  👹

And on one of their road trips, Sobbyn FREAKED when it was snowing outside.  Kootie said, "we have neighbors" and Sob shrieked, "I don't give a shit!"  She always expected to be catered to, like the princess (ha!) she thinks she is!  

The bitch has shown us glimpses of her entitled, totally bitchy self, all along.  Dropping all her unpaid bills on the worker bees early on, was a REAL good start.

She's a fucking shrew.  Backstabbing evil bitch.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

the message he was sending was, Briana respects his wishes. He is clueless that the message was received as I ask the kids I like to stay home.

I think he was sending both messages equally strongly.

I'm not a Mere fan but I felt terrible for her doing that trip by herself. Having said that, given the choice between a 5 hour drive and flying the same distance, I'd choose driving. I can't remember how COVID/flying restrictions were back in Spring, 2021, but at a minimum, you had to be masked the entire time. Plus Meri seemed to have gotten the call suddenly and they told her to leave right away. If she had flown, she would have had to book a flight and get to the airport. Finally, I'm sure she wanted her car at the B&B. 

All that said, I get that it would have been safer for everyone on the roads if Meri hadn't been driving and she certainly deserved at least the minimal support that Kody's presence would have provided her. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

I've been mulling this over all day.  Because apparently, I don't have a life.

But I don't think Janelle has ever been in love and been loved.  I think she probably thinks of herself as a non-sexual being - because she's never had a romantic, all encompassing love before.

If she somehow gets away from this fake polygamy cult and finds someone she actually gels with ... look out.  She won't know what hit her.  

I hope that she finds that.

• Like 6
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, chuckity said:

I've been mulling this over all day.  Because apparently, I don't have a life.

But I don't think Janelle has ever been in love and been loved.  I think she probably thinks of herself as a non-sexual being - because she's never had a romantic, all encompassing love before.

If she somehow gets away from this fake polygamy cult and finds someone she actually gels with ... look out.  She won't know what hit her.  

I hope that she finds that.

JMO but I see Janelle as polar opposite, all she wanted was kids and sex with a guy SHE considered sexy and a handy man to be there when there’s a flat tire, the fence needs mending or some other task she doesn’t want to deal with.

She doesn’t need romantic love and actually avoids it.

In the past she’s made it very clear how sexy she found Kody, his hair in a ponytail, his pelvis and ass by doing a low *Growl* and describing how attracted she was to him sexually.

Now she has the kids and her sex drive has waned all there is left is the “handy man” and she’s mentioned fairly recently how she enjoys conversation with Kody and he’s very handy and helped her with the RV while she lived out on Coyote Pass last summer.

Thats why she’s content with her relationship with Kody…. Even the handy man aspect has lessened as her boys have gotten older because they’re young men now and can take care of a lot of those things for her.

• Love 3

When she had her RV parked out on the Plague Pass, she found that she could just hire people to come fill her water tank & empty the sewage tank weekly, do maintainance and drive it back to storage facility at the end of the season. Much more reliable than waiting for Kootie to stop by once per summer.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Christine is very delusional… I mean good grief SHE THINKS SHE CAN SING!! And it’s not like someone who thinks they can sing because they’ve never had an opportunity to actually hear themselves singing, Christine has access to plenty of video with her singing… she sounds horrible!!! high pitched and off key!  😖

I forgot to attach this pic…. 

AA94AA52-806A-4CB8-92DF-75B12B5EA0A7.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but I see Janelle as polar opposite, all she wanted was kids and sex with a guy SHE considered sexy and a handy man to be there when there’s a flat tire, the fence needs mending or some other task she doesn’t want to deal with.

She doesn’t need romantic love and actually avoids it.

In the past she’s made it very clear how sexy she found Kody, his hair in a ponytail, his pelvis and ass by doing a low *Growl* and describing how attracted she was to him sexually.

Now she has the kids and her sex drive has waned all there is left is the “handy man” and she’s mentioned fairly recently how she enjoys conversation with Kody and he’s very handy and helped her with the RV while she lived out on Coyote Pass last summer.

Thats why she’s content with her relationship with Kody…. Even the handy man aspect has lessened as her boys have gotten older because they’re young men now and can take care of a lot of those things for her.

I agree with you. I think Janelle is likely AROMANTIC but very much heterosexual. Sexual attraction and romantic love aren’t the same thing. I think Janelle has less interest in partnered sex now that she’s older (which happens to some people), but she was always aromantic. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

When she had her RV parked out on the Plague Pass, she found that she could just hire people to come fill her water tank & empty the sewage tank weekly, do maintainance and drive it back to storage facility at the end of the season. Much more reliable than waiting for Kootie to stop by once per summer.

Ya I know but she also mentioned him doing little handyman tasks for her while she lived there and spending time dining Al Fresco at her picnic table under the stars  

I doubt there was anything romantic or sexual going on.

• Like 1
  • Love 4