Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/26/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Watching the segment with the Shark Tank hosts and they are talking about people working from home and employees are now in control and have all the power.  They are talking about white collar workers. Blue collar workers can't work from home and they have very little power.  Joy is right.  People working from home have far reaching effects.  Dry cleaners get less business. Restaurants get less lunch business.

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Today's show was forgettable.

Each day I check in here and if there aren't a lot of comments I know it's a boring show.

• Applause 6
2 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Sunny has really traveled back to the 1980s!  With the Whitney Houston wigs from 1987, and the Krystle Carrington power shoulders in blue velvet from 1986...what's hanging in her closet for tomorrow ?  A ripped off-the-shoulder sweatshirt and legwarmers from her 'Flashdance' days of 1983 ?  Or Olivia Newton - John's head band and athletic wear from 1981's "Physical" days ? 

Why do you keep saying that she is wearing a wig. I believe that is Sunny's natural hair.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Watching the segment with the Shark Tank hosts and they are talking about people working from home and employees are now in control and have all the power.  They are talking about white collar workers. Blue collar workers can't work from home and they have very little power.  Joy is right.  People working from home have far reaching effects.  Dry cleaners get less business. Restaurants get less lunch business.

Each day I check in here and if there aren't a lot of comments I know it's a boring show.

Because most white collar jobs can be done from home.

Maybe business centers need to become mixed use with residences mixed with businesses.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

That thing was nothing short of scary - for adults, never mind the children ! WOW - that thing was horrible.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:04 PM, Snapdragon said:

that gigantic doll/puppet was pretty creepy. 

I thought Little Amal was beautiful.  I would have loved to have been in the studio to see her in person.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On the topic of the Dahmer movie. Sorry, Joy -- not knowing Jack Ruby's name is NOT an indictment of our educational system. That Kennedy's assassin isn't a household name today is a good thing. Part of the pathology of many killers like this is the desire to become famous.

10 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

On the topic of the Dahmer movie. Sorry, Joy -- not knowing Jack Ruby's name is NOT an indictment of our educational system. That Kennedy's assassin isn't a household name today is a good thing. Part of the pathology of many killers like this is the desire to become famous.

Jack Ruby was NOT Kennedy's assassin.  He shot Lee Harvey Oswald, who WAS Kennedy's assassin. Maybe this is why it should be taught in schools?

It's a part of our history.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sunny asks, “How do you (Giselle) ask the top football player of all time (Tom) to stop doing the thing he loves?”

Um, Sunny, did you see Tua last night?  That’s how you ask. 

what's tua?

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, cinsays said:

what's tua?

Tua Tagovailoa. Dolphins QB who had his second serious concussion in less than a week and had to be taken off the field on a stretcher. He’s a healthy young man, not a 45yo guy who thinks time has no meaning. I don’t blame Giselle for being pissed off. 

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Sunny asks, “How do you (Giselle) ask the top football player of all time (Tom) to stop doing the thing he loves?”

Didn't Giselle give up her career?  From everything I have heard and read Giselle is pissed because her husband retired and then changed his mind.  I don't blame her.  But of course Sunny is going to defer to what the husband wants.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Jack Ruby was NOT Kennedy's assassin.  He shot Lee Harvey Oswald, who WAS Kennedy's assassin. Maybe this is why it should be taught in schools?

It's a part of our history.

Doh. You are a 100% right -- but it wasn't that I didn't know; I just had a momentary lapse. I still don't think Jack Ruby is such an essential figure that it's an indictment of our educational system. There are lots more essential things that people should be aware of that they aren't. 

Not saying that we shouldn't be better informed about history -- just that this isn't a foundational fact, IMO.

• Love 2

It looks rather fake. I believe it's either a wig or she went too heavy on the extensions added to her natural hair. 

I like Sunny's hair just the way that it is.  I have a cousin who is a dark skin Black woman with hair just like Sunny and people are always asking her if it is hers.  Sunny is no longer conforming to European standards of beauty in not straitening her hair. She has the freedom in that her hair texture won't be used against her in retaining her job. Hair discrimination is real.  I love the fact that she is experimenting with her hair just like any other woman would do.  Whether other people like it or not that is their business and not hers..  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Do you think Alyssa will continue this way, or will her passivity turn more aggressive - especially towards Sunny ?

Who knows but did you see how much Sunny jumped on Alyssa's shit when Alyssa was trying to ask Star a question and Sunny is like, "It's MY turn!"

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Didn't Giselle give up her career?  From everything I have heard and read Giselle is pissed because her husband retired and then changed his mind.  I don't blame her.  But of course Sunny is going to defer to what the husband wants.

And didn't he retire once before and came back as well?  And said this second one was absolutely it as he wanted time with his family?  I'd be upset as well--he's basically choosing football (and the adulation he gets) over more time with a family from whom he's spent a lot of time away since they were born.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I like Sunny's hair just the way that it is.  I have a cousin who is a dark skin Black woman with hair just like Sunny and people are always asking her if it is hers.  Sunny is no longer conforming to European standards of beauty in not straitening her hair. She has the freedom in that her hair texture won't be used against her in retaining her job. Hair discrimination is real.  I love the fact that she is experimenting with her hair just like any other woman would do.  Whether other people like it or not that is their business and not hers..  

I have a 53 year old cousin who is a Black woman with all-real natural 3C hair down to her waist, and it has been that long for decades. I like Sunny's hair, but she has admitted on the show that she loves her extensions to get more length & volume - it was in an episode where both SWWNBN & Sara were both wearing long extensions. Nobody's hair grows 6-12" overnight.

Edited by deirdra
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Ana looks really good today. I am not sure if it is her hair or her makeup but she looks younger today.

The hair and makeup people must like her. Her outfit was lovely. The orange looked good on her, although I’m not sure if it was just a sweater or a sweater dress since the show was cut off in the beginning due to weather updates (I’m in the coastal Virginia area and we’re getting the outer bands of Ian). 

It was great to see Star today. They should have had her on during Hot Topics. 

• Like 2

Star’s visit was extremely brief; I’d have appreciated hearing more of her opinions on current events.  Remembering her previous absolute desperation to (disastrously) marry, giving relationship advice seems less than her forte.  Glad she’s happy now and even recovered from her earlier canine phobia.  Otoh, no Rosie O.,  thanks - years ago on the show, when I was but a naïve (50 year old) tyke, Rosie voiced the baseless idea that the US govt. was behind the 9/11 attacks.  Imo, the last thing we need currently is to give airtime to another possible rumor monger.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

If O'Donnell wasn't on last year during the anniversary year, she's never going to be while Whoopi is there. Same with Perez.

It was a fun show today, but I already knew to expect that between it being Friday, and Jones and Cantone on the guest list. Cantone is very, very, VERY OTT, but I don't know, I enjoy the other ladies' reactions to him. I know that's a Party of One opinion, most likely, heh. Lizzo being attacked over that is ridiculous, that's the first I'd even heard about it. I thought she sounded pretty good on the flute from the clip they played?

• Love 4

Lizzo is an excellent flautist and I'd never heard of or seen a crystal flute before. Not mentioned was that in the first video she looked like she was playing it while half nekkid on stage. Sara was the only one who seemed to know where hands go while playing a flute.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

I've noticed that during her 'tryouts' the past year, and since she has become a regular host this season, Alyssa has been very 'passive' in her political discussions with the panel (especially with Sunny and Joy) , to the point where she's almost apologetic for stating her oppositional opinion at times. A huge change from a former host who was just the opposite.  Do you think Alyssa will continue this way, or will her passivity turn more aggressive - especially towards Sunny ? If she continues this way in month #2 it's going to be a rather dull election season on the show. 

I don't blame Alyssa for being apprehensive. God forbid she says anything that opposes their (mostly Joy and/or Sunny) views, they jump down her throat immediately...and barely allow her to get in a word edgewise. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Star’s visit was extremely brief; I’d have appreciated hearing more of her opinions on current events.  Remembering her previous absolute desperation to (disastrously) marry, giving relationship advice seems less than her forte.  Glad she’s happy now and even recovered from her earlier canine phobia.  Otoh, no Rosie O.,  thanks - years ago on the show, when I was but a naïve (50 year old) tyke, Rosie voiced the baseless idea that the US govt. was behind the 9/11 attacks.  Imo, the last thing we need currently is to give airtime to another possible rumor monger.

I thought Star's visit was very brief and just to plug her dumb (imho) show.  I enjoy her more when she's co-hosting and Voicing her views on the hot topics.

P.s.  her show is beneath her.  She does much better in a court environment.  Then she's in her element.  Or something like Walsh's show. Chasing bad guys.  Then i find what she has to say interesting.  Not whatever dumb baggage some dumb couple has.  Hmm sorry, using that word a lot LOL. Where was her commentary during the Johnny and Amber trial? Hah!

Edited by ForumLou
To add
  • Love 3

Loved Mario.  He is just amazing no matter where he pops up.  I don't get TCM dagnabit.  Wonder what movies he's going to show.  This is my fav month!  The only prob is trying to schedule and dvr all the great stuff! 🧟‍♀️🧛‍♀️👻👹👿🕷 i think that's all of the spookys hahah

• Love 3
On 9/30/2022 at 10:29 AM, Haleth said:

Tua Tagovailoa. Dolphins QB who had his second serious concussion in less than a week and had to be taken off the field on a stretcher. He’s a healthy young man, not a 45yo guy who thinks time has no meaning. I don’t blame Giselle for being pissed off. 

Omg that was awful.  I'm so worried for him. Sorry for the ot but to tie into the Tom/Gisele topic, yes she has voiced this happening to him for years.  Tua, stay down, recover. Don't push it.  Docs say they want him out for the rest of the season.  Miami PTB are you listening?  I hope they care.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whenever she starts spouting misinformation I hope Sunny and Joy continue to jump down her throat. 

On the other hand, someone can always strongly disagree with someone without smirking and making faces and doing a fake tea sip (Sunny).

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

On the other hand, someone can always strongly disagree with someone without smirking and making faces and doing a fake tea sip (Sunny).

Thank you Gemma Violet!  Unfortunately, some people will always confuse misinformation with an opposing view. Yes, Sunny...I'm looking at you.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, deirdra said:

Is Daymond John still on Shark Tank? He's Black and based out of New York. Perhaps he didn't want to stoop to being on The View.

Yes, he is still on.  Lori Greiner was also missing.  Maybe they had previous commitments?

On 10/1/2022 at 8:56 AM, KingCharlesIII said:

Can it be this is not something which disappoints Sunny, who said she's been a fan of the show for years ?  If she's a fan like she said she is on Thursday's show, the she must notice the have yet to invite successful Black and Latina business women such as J. Lo, Tyra Banks, Tina Wells, Lisa Price, Salma Hyek, Jessica Alba, etc. ? This is one major thing I find inconsistent about 'The View' - Sunny doesn't speak up when it would matter most. 😑

When it would matter most isn't a Shark Tank interview, imo... Leaving that aside, it was a fluff advertisement for an ABC show, the ladies know to be all positivity in those interviews.

On 9/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, cinsays said:

what's tua?

Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa is an American football quarterback for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League who was concussed a week or so ago, allowed to continue playing, and had to be stretchered off the field due to more head and neck injuries at another game on Tuesday. 

On 10/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, KingCharlesIII said:

Can it be this is not something which disappoints Sunny, who said she's been a fan of the show for years ?  If she's a fan like she said she is on Thursday's show, the she must notice the have yet to invite successful Black and Latina business women such as J. Lo, Tyra Banks, Tina Wells, Lisa Price, Salma Hyek, Jessica Alba, etc. ? This is one major thing I find inconsistent about 'The View' - Sunny doesn't speak up when it would matter most. 😑

I don't understand what you mean because Sunny speaks up when it matters.  Sunny is the only one other than Anna who talks about issues that affect Black women and Latin women on the show.  She is the only that has spoken about reparations that is a hot topic in the Black community.  She is also the only who has spoken about the epidemic of Black women dying in childbirth from preventable deaths in America because of racism. People  who don't like her on here may find her to be tiresome but I am grateful that Sunny  uses her platform to remind people that Black women and our issues are just as important as everybody.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, KingCharlesIII said:

I think it would definitely matter if she brought to their attention the fact that they have yet to cast a female investor who is Latina or African American (there are plenty in the American business climate). I'm sure Sunny herself would be glad to connect them to Latina and African American female entrepreneurs right from her sorority, should they find they need help.  Why not even invite Sunny, Anna or Whoopi on the show ? 

How do you know they haven't asked several & got a no from every one of the people they've asked. Of the 3 you mention from the View I doubt Whoopi would want to as it's not her thing & I doubt the other 2 have enough pull or interest as none of them are successful business women.

It's not something most people in business would want to get involved in but I'm sure they could find someone if they really put some effort in & like you say Whoopi, Sunny & Anna must know plenty of successful business women who fit the bill.

• Love 1

Emma Grede's father is Jamaican so I guess she counts even though she is English she does live in LA. I knew there was at least one woman who would fit the bill that I had seen on the show.

No reason there couldn't be more though, the guest sharks are usually more interesting anyway.

Edited by Welshman in Ca

I think it would definitely matter if she brought to their attention the fact that they have yet to cast a female investor who is Latina or African American (there are plenty in the American business climate). I'm sure Sunny herself would be glad to connect them to Latina and African American female entrepreneurs right from her sorority, should they find they need help.  Why not even invite Sunny, Anna or Whoopi on the show ? 

YES!

And you know who would be the perfect first African-American woman?

Serena Williams, Venture Capitalist!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, KingCharlesIII said:

I was thinking Tyra Banks (she owns so many 'small businesses'), JLo (same), Jessica Alba (same) - but I'm totally on board with Williams !!!!  Glad you agree. 

Instead we get Gwyneth Paltrow ? Seriously ? 

nobody needs more tyra banks

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, KingCharlesIII said:

I really wish the show would do a full 20 minutes upfront, without commercials, and then load the commercials on at the end of the show. So many talk shows (including evening cable news shows) do it this way, and it works. The way The View is formatted is not great - 10 minute segment, commercial / 7 minute segment / commercial. It really breaks the momentum - especially the first commercial break after 10 minutes. 

The reason this do this is because they can charge advertisers a higher premium during the first ad break because that’s when most viewers will be watching. It’s annoying but how they make their $$$