Type keyword(s) to search

Reginald The Vampire - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Photo+2022-04-09,+16+07+32.jpg

Reginald The Vampire is a 10-episode comedy-tinged drama airing October 5 at 10pm on SYFY, which was filmed in Victoria Canada. Reginald The Vampire is based on the Fat Vampire book series by Johnny B. Truant, first published in 2012 and has 6 titles: Fat Vampire, Tastes Like Chicken, All You Can Eat, Harder Better Fatter Stronger, Fatpocalypse and Survival of the Fattest. 

slushy-shack-set-1-5772863-1644340616026

Newly turned into a Vampire, Reginald finds he is an outcast in a world populated by beautiful, fit and vain Vampires (because these Vampires can see themselves in the mirror and they know they are hot). Reginald will have to navigate and overcome obstacles not limited to: Todd, the bully boss at his job at the Slushy Shack, forbidden love: falling for a human girl he can’t have, and a vampire chieftain: who wants him dead. Fortunately, Reginald quickly discovers he has a host of unrecognized powers of his own that will make the other Vampires stand up and take notice.

Photo+2022-02-25,+19+47+02.jpg

RTV_Key-Art.jpg

Photo+2022-02-25,+19+43+17.jpg

Jacob Batalon as Reginald Andres, the fat Vampire.

Marguerite Hanna as Ashley Weeks, a co-worker at the Slushy Shack and a lover of conspiracy theories and urban legends with a deadpan sense of humor.
Photo+2022-02-25,+19+46+48.jpg
NUP_196147_01782.jpg

Em Haine as Sarah Kinney, Reginald’s human co-worker at the Slushy Shack. She is smart, funny and learning how to fight for the dreams that are important to her.
NUP_196147_01459.jpg

Aren Buchholz as Todd, Reginald’s manager at the Slushy Shack.
Photo+2022-02-25,+19+43+27.jpg

Thailey Roberge as Claire
NUP_196147_00090.jpg

Mandela Van Peebles as Maurice Miller, who finds himself in the least expected circumstance, vampire life coach for Reginald. Which is complicated.
unnamed.jpeg

Savannah Basley as Angela, an ancient vampire of great power as the Deacon of the Vampire Council for her city.
NUP_196147_01002.jpg

Georgia Waters as Penelope, a dangerous and beautiful vampire.
NUP_196147_00938.jpg

Rachelle Goulding as Moira, a dangerous and beautiful vampire.
Photo+2022-02-25,+19+43+07.jpg

Sean Yves Lessard as Lebron. Immaculately dressed, this vampire is someone you don’t want to mess with as he delivers a message on behalf of his terrifying boss.
Photo+2022-02-25,+19+41+00.jpg

S01.E01: Dead Weight

Reginald Andres lives a life of dreams deferred until he’s turned into a vampire and begins an undead life he never dreamed of.

Original Air Date: October 5, 2022     10 p.m.       SYFY 
Photo+2022-02-25,+19+43+27.jpg

I love the fact that his super power is his intelligence.   That scene where he's skimming the books and can recall and cite information was awesome. 

OTOH,  I'm not crazy about Maurice & Angela's line deliveries.   Kind of clunky. 

• Like 1

I'm not aware of hip comic books (I'm Little Lulu's bitch) and just happened on this show.  I love it!  I guess I'm finding it funnier than people who've read the books because I have no expectations.  I am hooked.

Maurice is a real heart-throb.  Has he appeared in anything else I might have seen?

I adore Reginald!  He's not supposed to be able to entrance other vampires, but he does!  He can read any book by flipping through its pages!  Plus he's starting to be more appealing physically to me.  I'd feed him.

When Reginald went over to Maurice's house in ep 2, I was so thrown. How does everyone know where everyone else lives??? I legit thought I missed something, but as far as I can tell, the story just skipped over establishing any of that stuff.

I felt some of the dialogue in the pilot esp was overwrought, a kind of dimestore Whedonism. Then I e-borrowed the source books from the library and skimmed the first few pages and it looks like some of that was lifted straight out of the books.

Not sure yet what to think about the changes from the book. The workplace setting in the book was some fitness equipment shop or something, and while switching it to a "Slushy Shack" is probably fine -- it allows for more repeat customers, I guess? -- I just don't fully buy that a slushy shack is a sustainable business without selling some kind of food alongside. Honestly, it looks like a fro-yo or soft serve place, but even those are more plausible than just selling slushies.

I was sad to learn Mike is a long-term spy dating Maurice just on Angela's orders. But how did that happen? Did Angela arrange for that to happen when she first learned Maurice came to town?

Why did Angela set Mike up in a slow-moving escapable predicament of doom and then not stick around to actually see it play out? Either commit to your cruel and slow murder method or just stake him through the heart!

Reginald is way too confident in his vampire-glamming power considering he apparently needs to make physical contact for it to work.

I'm also a little thrown at how supernatural the vamps are (super speed, super intelligence, mind control) but yet how many classic vampire rules are not upheld. Sure, there's the lethal sunlight and the need to feed, but on the other hand, vamps aren't harmed by holy water, they don't seem to need an invitation to enter a home, and they can use mirrors just fine.

Given how large BTVS still looms in YA-ish vampire stories, I was tickled when Ashley said "Holy Faith Lehane".

As a Vancouverite, I've been pleased with how I didn't recognize a single location on this show, and it turns out that's because it's shot in Victoria BC, not Vancouver.

• Applause 1

S01.E04: All the Time in the World

The time is 1972, the place is Oakland, California. This is when Angela met Maurice and that changed everything.

Original Air Date: October 26, 2022     10 p.m.       SYFY 
NUP_196377_00624.jpg
NUP_196377_00462.jpg

I am enjoying this show. I think the acting is stellar, and Reginald is wonderful! I can totally see him personality still shining through his vampiric transformation. 

This last episode was so tensionfilled. I knew that Maurice's mother was not going to make it, but I really felt bad for the little neighbor boy. Such a sad life. 

I think I must have missed the third episode, somehow.  I'll have to see if I can find it to rewatch. 

Go Reginald!

One question though, shouldn't this thread be in the Other Genres category, rather than comedies?  Took me awhile to find it. Now I know!

Edited by cardigirl
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

One question though, shouldn't this thread be in the Other Genres category, rather than comedies?  Took me awhile to find it. Now I know!

I put the show in "Other Comedies" because I thought it would be funnier.

You can stream episodes of Reginald The Vampire on NBC.com.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, cardigirl said:

I am enjoying this show. I think the acting is stellar, and Reginald is wonderful! I can totally see him personality still shining through his vampiric transformation. 

Yeah, I too think the show should be in Genres; I get that it has a comedic slant, but it absolutely has dramatic elements as well and it's a vampire show. About as genre as you can get!

• Useful 1

This was the first episode that I thought was pretty good and Angela's fat shaming was pretty funny. I am finally starting to like everybody in the show, including Nikki. I hope they can keep this up, since there are still several episodes left.

• Love 2

I've enjoyed previous episodse, but this one took the crazy up a few notches. Who do we trust!  :) 

I'm betting that Sarah's been glamored to kill Reginald but if she's been a hidden vampire killer all along, that's awesome too. 

I liked this episode, but not sure why Maurice is protecting Sarah by revealing the Vampire world to her. I mean, he had to tell her something to make her want to wear the bracelet and test Reginald in that way. 

Love the story, may have to read the "comics."

S01.E10: Reginald Andres Beyond Thunderdome

(Season Finale)

The much anticipated Assessment finally arrives and the only open question is whether or not Reginald will survive it.

Original Air Date: December 7, 2022     10 p.m.       SYFY 
NUP_196983_00006.jpg
NUP_196983_00747.jpg

• Applause 1

Syfy Picks Up’SurrealEstate’ For Third Season; Reveals Return Dates For ‘Chucky,’ ‘Reginald The Vampire’ & ‘The Ark’

The second season of Reginald the Vampire returns on May 8, 2024 at 10 p.m.

In the new episodes, Reginald Andres finally got his life together when he was turned into a vampire.  While he doesn’t fit into the stereotypical expectations of what a vampire looks like – he’s not chiseled or classically handsome – Reginald has found his place amongst an unlikely cohort that includes the cool vampire who sired him, the former vampire chieftain turned unexpected ally (or is she?) and his co-worker/former girlfriend.

• Applause 1