Type keyword(s) to search

Past Winners: Wanna Be on Top? Too Bad.

OMG I was waiting for someone to comment on this! Good lord is that is what she learned from ANTM...SMH. The stiff posing, the sway back, etc. I mean, I realize that the commercial is for the medicine and she wasn't supposed to distract too much, but the "modeling" is comical. Also, for a medicine that is supposed to make her skin look better, they didn't show any of her skin. I am surprised the "summer" scene doesn't have her posing in a full scuba suit for all the skin she is NOT showing. She looks great for 40, but that woman isn't a model.

• Love 4

I realize they've been around for a while, but I've been seeing that Caridee Stelara spot CONSTANTLY on Hulu now.

Man she looks 40 years old in it.

EDIT - Heh.  I just noticed mention of this a page back.  INCLUDING someone else doing almost the EXACT same "she looks 40" joke.  I swear I didn't see that before I said that myself   She just DOES.

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

Whitney Thompson, winner of the plus size season (I assume there was only one plus size season, but I haven't watched ANTM in years, so I could be wrong about that) was on TLC's "Curvy Brides" last night. Curvy brides is about two heavyset ladies who run a bridal salon for other heavyset ladies.

Whitney came in with her mom's raggedy, stained wedding dress, saying she hadn't bothered to try it on yet, but she wanted to alter it to fit her, and if that couldn't be done, she needed a new dress to wear in a month. In Scotland. There was no explanation of why, given that this was last minute, Whitney had traveled from her home in Tennessee to a bridal salon in Washington DC. The dress was too small, they found a new dress for her, and fell all over themselves about her being a "supermodel" and an inspiration. Then they mentioned that they were about to do a fashion show in the store, and wouldn't it be a amazing if Whitney could be in it? And of course she said yes. It was all a bit ridiculous and overly contrived.

Supermodel? Come ON. I don't know how successful Whitney's modeling career has been since ANTM, but those days have come and gone. These days she runs a restaurant with her husband somewhere in Tennessee.  She is still very pretty. Still blonde. I have a vague recollection that she was a brunette until Tyra got her hands on her.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)

Whitney is one of the worst ANTM winners ever, right up there with Saleisha aka Tootie, and Naima. She is most famous for having the fake black best friend. I think after her win, she started a dating site for "fiercely real" women. Figures she will be on a TV show like "Curvy Brides". Nice to know she at least is running a restaurant in Tenneessee and getting married.

Edited by Mattipoo
(edited)

That Ellery Resort outfit is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. WTF are those shoes or trousers? At least Brittani looks like she is modeling through it.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I like Britt with the short hair that Tyra gave her during the makeover, really pretty. She looks too thin now, hope she's healthy thin.

Yes, Whitney is one of the worst winners ever next to Saleisha & Teyona.

Back in March (so it got missed by us) Buzzfeed had this nice roundup called "Here’s What Every “America’s Next Top Model” Winner Looks Like Today"

A lot of them of course are no longer models (and some barely ever were), but most of them still look okay.

The notable exception is Lisa D’Amato, who has one of the scariest pictures I've ever seen in that article as her "now" one. I mean someone at Buzzfeed must LOATHE her to pick it. The lips look like a frighting injected mess, but that dark patch looks like someone did some bizarre photo editing. 

Eeek.

grid-cell-7661-1425662432-13.jpggrid-cell-7661-1425662433-16.jpg

That picture of Lisa is super scary. 

Yoanna looks gorgeous. so did Britanni. Sophie looks adorable. Jourdan looks smashing (see. pee on snow yellow doesn't work, Tyra). so does Laura. 

Not relevant to fashion or fashion related work, but I wanted to share.

Whitney Thompson responds to Nicole Arbour's "Dear Fat People" Video.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The "Dear Fat People" video was disgusting and Nicole Arbour is a gross person. Whitney has good points. But she's also really annoying. Consider me flummoxed.

That photo of Lisa is scary and she never had a fresh face, even during her season of ANTM. The photo of CariDee isn't that great either, to me her face doesn't say model.

For my own mental well being, I'd completely forgotten that Lisa is an ANTM winner ("Lisa? Who the frick is Lisa??"). Yikes.

• Love 1