Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Live Thread

• Start Topic

They must’ve switched groups 2 & 3 around in the airings because this makes no sense now. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I’m not complaining, though. 

Edit : Not loving the black ends on Jenny’s hair, but otherwise both ladies look great tonight. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Edit : Not loving the black ends on Jenny’s hair, but otherwise both ladies look great tonight. 

I wonder if she wears wigs because her hair is different every show.

It just seems weird watching a show with a Halloween theme on the night before Thanksgiving.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder if she wears wigs because her hair is different every show.

It just seems weird watching a show with a Halloween theme on the night before Thanksgiving.

They both do since Nicole had short hair last week. Though I think the short hair is the wig. 

7 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Distractify thinks Snowstorm might be Nikki Glaser, host of F*Boy Island. She's certainly snarky enough to be Nikki. 

I’ve been seeing her name thrown around a ton. Had no idea she could sing. 

Holy shit, Linda Blair! My mind is blown 🤯 Wasn’t there someone else who unmasked themselves a few seasons back? Thanks @MrsEVH for reminding me who this was. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 1

Another surprise tonight. I’m loving that they’re able to get bigger/better stars since they know it’ll be a one/two-off. Now I’m gonna have the Ghostbusters song stuck in my head 😂

Pretty obvious that Snowstorm will be coming in third, but does anyone think Lambs could be an upset or has this been Harp since day 1? 

See you all tomorrow night! 

• Love 2

Wait, someone is going home tonight and we’re being subjected to a 2 hour show next week? Yikes, I may only tune in for the last 10-15 mins. Not sure I can handle that much filler. 

Off to a good start tonight w/Harp! 

Edit : I feel like Snowstorm shot herself in the foot there. This performance seems like bad karaoke compared to her other songs. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I still say Harp could be Jennifer Hudson....

Harp said her mom was the only person who knew she was on this show, but JHud’s mom was killed back in 2010(?). 

I could listen to the Lambs all day long.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

I And I think anybody who ever heard "Hold On" knows that The Lambs are Wilson Phillips.

That's definitely them for sure. Every song they sing sounds like them plus the clues match. I really hope they win.

14 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Harp said her mom was the only person who knew she was on this show, but JHud’s mom was killed back in 2010(?). 

Yes. Her mother & brother were both killed back in October 2008 (I googled it).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1

I swear to Grilled Cheeses, I've watched every episode of Glee multiple times and bought the soundtracks and listened to them an embarrassing number of times. I believe it's Amber Riley.  I really do.   All the clues fit.

I'm going to be so disappointed if the Harp isn't Amber Riley.

I have to be right more often than Ken.

• Love 2

I’ve been watching random stuff on my phone during hour 1 and I’m already bored with the show 😆 No idea how they’re going to stretch this for an hour or why it needed to be 2 hours. 

Not sure how many seasons I’ve been watching, but the faceless dancers are still terrifying. 

• Love 1

Wanted the lambs to win :(  Reminds me of the first season when I wanted Donny Osmond to win and he didn't. He was truely the more talented and the guy that won. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wanted the lambs to win :(

Me too, but it has been Harp’s from day 1, IMO. 

Has Jenny gotten her boobs redone? They’re very prominent tonight and I keep thinking she’s gonna have a wardrobe malfunction. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 1

When Riley came out and did her 2nd song at a volume that could be heard on the Space Station I knew it was over for The Lambs. As Paula Abdul, butchering her native language, used to say "Song choice is key important". 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

I knew the Harp was Amber from the first song...I was a Gleek. I'm very familiar with her voice and her stance and her mannerisms. I thought she was  great, and her win was deserved. The Lambs/Wilson Phillips are obviously good, and their harmonies are stellar, but Amber blew everybody out of the water. 

• Love 3