Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Live Thread

• Start Topic

5 mins in and I’m already doubting this season. If they’re unmasking 3 people every week, I’m guessing we’ll be seeing lots of nobody celebs (a la Honey Boo Boo as starfish? beachball?), and those just aren’t that interesting to me. 

ETA : @The Crazed Spruce, completely agree. Her voice is pretty unmistakable. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, vibeology said:

If the Harp isn’t Amber Riley, I’ll eat my hat.

Gold Derby agrees with you. They don't seem to have spoilers for anyone else, so she probably wins this round and stays masked.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

If American Idol turned her down, it isn't Jennifer Hudson.

That could just mean that she didn't win her season.

Huh. Hedgehog said he was one of the biggest groups of all time, but didn't say musical group....

I gotta go with Jenny on this one. I think he's Eric Idle.

9 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I love Jennie's dress but I wonder how she can sit down in it.

IMO, this is the best she’s looked in a long time(in context of this show).

Can I just say how grateful I am Nick’s wearing a shirt tonight. His shirtless schtick last season got old real quick. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I'll be really surprised if that isn't Shatner. I wonder if they got more stars to commit this time because they're guaranteed a one-and-done.

No mention of a "Golden Ear" trophy for the panel this season either. 

ETA: yeah, this format allows them to use people who can't (or won't) commit to more than a single episode.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

Amending my previous statement to say that even though we’re getting rid of 3 tonight, none were painful, obvious filler performances. 

I couldn’t understand any of Knight’s clue package. If it is Shatner, he can still get around pretty well for being in his 90’s. 

2 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I couldn’t understand any of Knight’s clue package. If it is Shatner, he can still get around pretty well for being in his 90’s. 

He got his start in the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, is known for a show set in space, and made some infamous cover songs in the 70s. Makes perfect sense to me.

3 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

There was a dead parrot in Hedgehog's clues . . .

It's just pining for the fjords....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

He got his start in the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, is known for a show set in space, and made some infamous cover songs in the 70s. Makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks! All I understood was throwing a chair 😂

• LOL 1

I missed the first 15 mins. Wish I'd seen the hedgehog (not Ron Jeremy). Eric Idle did the Rutles, so a Beatles song would be perfect for him. 

I can't wait to watch this On Demand!

Edited by SweePea59

All in all, a good season opener. It was entertaining and they seem to have gotten better time management skills. Slightly disappointed they lied and said there would be 3 unmaskings and we have to wait until next week for the third. 

See you all next week! 

• Love 3

At first I thought it was Jennifer Hudson too, because of the "And I'm telling you" clue, but now I do think it's Riley.

She mentioned something about "being in a comedy with my besties" and that makes sense with her being part of the ensemble cast of Glee. 

Also I think there were some Wizard of Oz clues and she was on that "Wiz Live!" special on NBC

I do agree this idea for the season's a LOT better and allows for less "We couldn't get anyone else" choices like Giuliani 😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Phishbulb said:

At first I thought it was Jennifer Hudson too, because of the "And I'm telling you" clue, but now I do think it's Riley.

If it helps you circle that square, Riley starred in Dreamgirls on the West End as Effie and won an Olivier for it.

• Love 2

Yay! The thread is open!

I like the outfits on both ladies tonight but I'm not sure about Nicole's pink hair.

I'm impressed with the quality of the rat costume. 

I like that the singers get to sit up front after they're unmasked.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2

Halfway through and we’re finally open!

I’m kinda bummed Chris K was Hummingbird given how often he’s been guessed. I think in different circumstances, he could’ve gone further. 

I’m confused how this season is working. I thought it’d be all new singers, and then all the weekly winners in a finals/semi-finals type thing.

Looks like Harp is here to stay - IMO she’s miles ahead of the other two.

Edit : does this thread open automatically at a certain time or does a mod have to open it? 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Love 1

(Sorry. My laptop froze up on me just before the show started. Had to hard reboot, and it took forever to log in to unlock the thread.)

I'm completely lost as to who the new singers are. Or "singer", in Pi-Rat's case. (Though I'm leaning towards him being Carrot Top. The clue thing could've been pre-taped.)

Still say The Harp's Jennifer Hudson, though.

16 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

(Sorry. My laptop froze up on me just before the show started. Had to hard reboot, and it took forever to log in to unlock the thread.)

I'm completely lost as to who the new singers are. Or "singer", in Pi-Rat's case. (Though I'm leaning towards him being Carrot Top. The clue thing could've been pre-taped.)

Still say The Harp's Jennifer Hudson, though.

No worries, I was just curious how things worked on these boards. 

I have no clue who Panther could be. The clue about going to his funeral threw me off. And now he sounds like a completely different person in this sing-off. 

I’m going Jeff Dunham for Pi-rat. (Whoa, I actually got one right 😆)

Edited by Bookworm13
Adding thoughts about Panther

I’m looking forward to next week. This show is kinda boring when there are only 2 new people and we have to stretch for an hour. And I’m glad I won’t have to listen to Harp until the finale. She’s obviously talented, but does nothing for me and the fake “singing for her life” every week got old. Hopefully the next group isn’t as obvious with its chosen one. 

Jenny looks good with the dark wig. 

Holy shit, Ken got one right! 

• Love 3

The game was postponed from earlier in the day due to weather. You’d think though they’d run a crawl at the bottom of the screen telling you when the shows are rescheduled. Maybe they haven’t figured it out yet.

11 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

For what it's worth, it's still on in Canada.

You’ll have to let us know if it’s worth watching online later. 

@NeenerNeener, if I see anything scroll by, I’ll post here. Otherwise, I think Fox still puts full eps on their website. Since the game was rain-delayed for 3.5 hours, they could’ve posted a programming note earlier.  

ETA : apparently TMS is shown next-day on Hulu via their FB page. I don’t have Hulu anymore, so can’t confirm. Eps are on the Fox website too. 

Edited by Bookworm13

When Nicole made her guess for The Mermaid, she (The Mermaid) nodded in agreement when Nicole said they followed each other on Instagram. It was while they super-imposed Nicole's guess over the Mermaid but she was clearly agreeing with Nicole haha! 

7 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

TMS is shown next-day on Hulu via their FB page. I don’t have Hulu anymore, so can’t confirm.

I just checked Hulu and the next episode (the one that should have aired tonight) will not be available until next Wednesday, 10/19.

• Useful 2
21 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I wonder why Hulu is sitting on it so long. Is Fox going to run it next Tuesday night instead of The Resident?

I don't know for sure, but maybe since it wasn't aired on FOX first, they don't have the rights to air it before the network.

I think FOX is going to have their normal programming next Tuesday. Her is a reply to my inquiry that I rec'd from FOX:

Due to the Major League Baseball game in Atlanta being postponed due to weather yesterday by 3.5 hours, it interfered with Prime Time programming schedules for FOX. So, FOX decided to cancel prime time across the country to be sure that the baseball game could be played in its entirety. Due to this, the Masked Singer episode from last night will now air next Wednesday (10/19) at its regularly scheduled time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/13/2022 at 5:29 AM, NeenerNeener said:

I wonder why Hulu is sitting on it so long. Is Fox going to run it next Tuesday night instead of The Resident?

My guess, they just decided to push everything back a week and hopefully this means we won’t get a pointless, filler clip show towards the end of the season. Not sure what it means for Canadian viewers who were able to see the show as planned, though. 

• Love 4