Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: A Royal Season Premiere

• Start Topic

I like this format. They can get more recognizable names for grandparents and parents watching with their kids with people who only wanted to do one show for fun and for their kids and grandkids. This seems more fun.

And Eric Idle singing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (I think that's the title!) was adorable. 

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I thought I'd hate it. But I loved it. Much less BS, less chance of a charismatic non-singer making it to the end - maybe they stumbled onto the magic formula. I almost didn't watch because last season was kind of a mess. 

I knew it was Shatner as soon as he opened his mouth, and I love Eric Idle (and all the Pythons,) and I loved that he sang "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life." I guess getting the band back for the reveal would have been too much. They were a nice touch though. And Ken liked my tweet about it!

William Shatner cracked me up complaining about how bad the costume was. He’s like, “I’m 91 and a living legend so I don’t have to pretend to like this crap.” I can’t believe he’s that old. Seems like just yesterday I was watching him save the whales.

Hopefully this trend will continue of having celebrities I have heard of on the show.

• Like 1

I thought it was interesting when Robin said Shatner sounded like a voice over because I thought the same thing as soon as he started singing -- that it was recorded or voiced over because it didn't sound like all the other live singers.

I'm still greatly disliking Nick Sperm Cannon and Ken Jeong, but I liked this format.  I liked that they can get actual stars on this show who only have to commit for one episode.  Was there any doubt that Harp would win this round?

I liked Eric Idle, in the old format he would have definitely continued.  I thought he sounded way better singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" than he did "Love Me Do", so that was odd.

Truly hate the gimmick that we aren't going to find out who Hummingbird is until next week.  Things like this are what I hate about this show.  If they promise immediate unmaskings, don't make us wait a whole week.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

Truly hate the gimmick that we aren't going to find out who Hummingbird is until next week.  Things like this are what I hate about this show.  If they promise immediate unmaskings, don't make us wait a whole week.

Ah, but gimmicks are this entire show!

I really like this format. I wonder if they're getting more celebruties that want to do it just for fun, but can't commit to an indefinite run? I kind of feel like this show has a Muppet show effect, where it started with having to take whoever they could get, but as it continues, more and more people want to do it.

• Useful 1

I think Harp is Amber Riley AKA Mercedes from Glee. Loved Seeing William Shatner and it didn't take me long to guess he was The Knight. Also cool to see Eric Idle from Monty Python fame. I THINK HummingBird is the Rumored Tom Brady appearance 

• Love 1

I agree to liking this format better though I was slightly annoyed they had to drag the third elimination to next week...though I guess that lets them stretch out Shatner and Idle's time on the show for a few minutes longer...LOL.    And yes there was definitely no doubt that the Harp was continuing on.

• Like 2
On 9/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, Josh371982 said:

I THINK HummingBird is the Rumored Tom Brady appearance

Gold Derby says Peyton Manning. We'll find out in about an hour if it's right.

Well, they were waaay wrong about this one!

Edited by NeenerNeener
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Edit : moving my reply to the live thread now that it’s finally unlocked. 

Edited by Bookworm13
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

I was pretty sure Hummingbird was too short, based on where his shoulders were relative to Nick, who is about 6 foot, to be Brady.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Nick was going to keep me from watching this season, but I decided to watch anyway.  I’m glad I did.  I’m loving it.  

I try and fastforward him as much as possible.  It seems like this season they have been doing musical numbers to open the show, so at least we haven't had to sit through him dramatically walking on stage in a mask, turban and stupid cape to the tune of "Whoooo are you" and then dramatically dropping the mask.  Ugh.  There is still so much filler on this show, I FF through so much.  As soon as the eliminated person is announced, I fast forward until the mask comes off.  I don't need to hear the judge's "final guesses" which not surprisingly are the SAME exact guesses that they just gave 20 minutes earlier, and then to watch the contestant fake struggle with getting the mask off for 30 seconds.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2