Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: LIVE!

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Faceplant said:

I actually liked the top of Barbara's dress. It would not have been bad with a solid color pencil skirt. The ruffly bottom in different pastel colors is not a good look for anyone over 6 years old. I had more of a problem with Lori's dress. It had that weird  diamond cutout to expose her cleavage and the shoulders looked pointy. Why would anyone want pointy shoulders?

Heh. I'm reminded of those ruffled-bottomed bloomers—ruffled on the posterior side only—that we as children were forced to wear some 40–50 years ago.

We make so much fun of Lori's outfits. My boyfriend said she'd moved on from shoulder holes to a cleavage cutout, and I said that dress made her look like a Disney villain. Lest we forget her Sgt. Pepper's outfit from a few seasons back.

Her wigs get a whole other line of commentary. Imagine having all that money and still wearing painfully obvious wigs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bilgistic said:

Her wigs get a whole other line of commentary. Imagine having all that money and still wearing painfully obvious wigs.

It never occurred to me that it was a wig, and now it all makes sense! 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Hated the format but did order the booger tool as we have a 6 month old grand daughter that we look after a couple of times a week while her mother goes to nursing school & my wife thinks it might work, we'll soon find out & if it's not as good as they say it will be on its way back to Amazon (got to love Amazon & their returns).

15 hours ago, bilgistic said:

We make so much fun of Lori's outfits. My boyfriend said she'd moved on from shoulder holes to a cleavage cutout, and I said that dress made her look like a Disney villain. Lest we forget her Sgt. Pepper's outfit from a few seasons back.

Yes, thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to figure out who that outfit would work on with its pointy shoulders. I kept thinking Count Choclula, but he has regular shoulders with a pointy hat. Lori's dress is absolutely perfect for a Disney villian. 

The live format was not fun, but it was nice to see all the sharks together at one time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll add my annoyance with the "Live! Studio! Audience!" format to everyone else. The show did accomplish what they wanted though. There's already as many comments on this episode in just a few days that would usually take a couple of weeks. I wasn't interested in any of the products they showed. And because a local sports team is getting broadcast on the ABC affiliate Friday night I have to wait until Saturday at 11:30pm to see the next episode.

• Love 1

I wasn't too crazy about the live audience either. The Sharks seemed to be playing to them and the contestants seemed to be secondary to all the hoopla. As for their wares they were promoting?

Kent underwear was way too expensive. I can get a 6-pack of undies at Kohl's or Target for much cheaper. Plus, not everybody has access to composting and who wants to send their used drawers back to the company? I don't envy the people who have to deal with that!

Oogie Bear-I don't have kids so I have no idea if this would be a good product to have. Parents can answer this question better than I can.

Pizza Pack-I'm from Milwaukee. We also get our pizza cut tavern style so it's a no from me. Plus, I can easily save my pizza in some Tupperware wrapped in plastic or aluminum foil.

And Barbara's dress. The less said the better. Now that's a "Glamour Don't."

• Love 1

For me, putting a pizza box in the refrigerator not only takes up a lot of space, but it also dries out the leftover pizza and makes it taste a bit like cardboard. I was intrigued by the container, but we mainly store leftover frozen pizza that we cut in squares. Many restaurants that serve pizza in the Green Bay area also cut them in squares. So big plastic containers work best for that. Wax paper in between levels of slices if necessary.

I did not like the live show aspect at all, for reasons that have all been mentioned here already.

• Love 1

I thought the pizza thing was interesting but I store leftover pizza on parchment paper wrapped in foil so I can easily put the whole thing in the oven to reheat. I fast-forwarded through the nose-picking tool. Some things really really reinforce my relief that I decided to remain child-free and that is one of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I ordered the Pizza Pack from Amazon.   You have to order carefully, there are others on "A' that are knockoffs.     Unpack the pizza device carefully, the little vent cover was hard to take out of the package, and it's what keeps the pizza from drying out in the fridge.   I ordered it right after the show, and it arrived by Thursday, so quick shipping.     I'm going to buy a frozen pizza to bake and try Monday, so I'll tell you how well it works.    Certainly better than having to scrape pizza off of a cardboard box. 

I think I'll mostly use it for storage, and then reheat in a skillet, or a microwave when I'm desperate.   You can put the entire container in the microwave also.   However, you cannot put the entire container, or the dividers that also can be used as plates in the toaster oven.

You can also microwave single slices on the triangle divider trays.   They claim it fits up to an 18" pizza.    The big advantage over a refrigerator zipper storage bag is that this can be reused, but a refrigerator baggie will probably be trashed.    

I tried two kinds of Screamin' Sicilian oven baked pizzas, pepperoni, and their cheese pizza, Bessie's Revenge.    I the slices cool off, put some of each in foil, and some in the pizza pack.   Reheating the foil stored crust was a little soggy, but the Pizza Pack slices (I reheated in the microwave, I'm feeling lazy today) were better.   The pack slices were just like they came out of the oven.    So, I like that one better than foil.   Plus I can reuse the Pizza Pack container many times, and the foil or ziplock will have to be replaced constantly. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I don’t get the point of the pizza thing. Has this guy never heard of a ziploc bag? Why try to stuff a whole big box in the fridge? Just put the slices in a resealable bag and they take up no space and you can freeze them if you want. Seems like a product in search of a problem.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Like 1
  • Love 2