Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E01: Livin LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Carey said:

Feels like there have been several winners over 50.  I guess not.  Maybe 40+, but I don't have the info in front of me

I think it’s just Bob Crowley.

@Carey: I think Tom was early 40s. Silver hair might’ve thrown you off.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Useful 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Smart of her to do, especially when they revealed it in front of each other AND the fact that she could have lost her vote very easily.

She also made the correct assumption that one of them could be a target if they are found out to have the advantage (and the other one possibly screwed).  I like how she kind of dismissed the idea that Gabler might be at the merge.  She doesn't sound like a fan lol

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

So there's a twist this time-they draw cards, risk or no risk, and reveal them right in front of everyone.  In a bag they have a 50/50 chance of losing their vote or getting an advantage.  I guess they still find out at TC?

Karla took no risk, Gabler and Dwight took risk.  One of them gets the advantage, one loses their vote.  Do I have this right?

That sounds right.

Just now, dizzyd said:

At least it wasn’t stupid phrases. Hope that’s not back this season. 

This cast would have seen S41 and I think at the least the beginning of S42, so they would know about the phrases.  I assume anyone who watched would pick up on random things about bunny rabbits and butterflies.  So they probably switched that up, too.

• Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I think at the least the beginning of S42,

Since there was a Jonathan mention, yes, this cast saw at least part of 42, if not almost all of it.

Oh, so they DIDN'T get fire going...until Justine finally did it. Good for her!

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Awwww, I liked Bob.

Anyone else get mad seeing commercials for The Real Love Boat? Just me?

Not the same without Gavin McLeod and Julie. Just a sorry and probably sleazier imitation.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Since there was a Jonathan mention, yes, this cast saw at least part of 42, if not almost all of it.

I should have waited a few minutes, Dwight just confirmed they've seen S42 lol  

So Dwight tells everyone that he risked his vote and may or may not have an advantage.

Apparently Cody isn't buying his explanation because Dwight was too dry when he came back.

And Gabler is spilling, too, though I don't think either of them said they might lose their vote?

Oh damn, Gabler got an immunity idol that is good for the next two TC.  Apparently the cheering from his tribe makes them think it's a team idol? 

And Dwight tells his tribe that Gabler has something, so this may put a target on his back even if his idol may be no good by that point.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1
Just now, Lucas Rowan said:

So Gabler's risk paid off, while Dwight's didn't.  Gabler got a two-Tribal-Council Immunity Idol, while Dwight lost his vote for the next two.

Oh, that's REAL good for Karla because there's a chance that, if they drew from the three bag that two of them would have lost their vote for THREE tribals, which is not good.

Just now, Lucas Rowan said:

They already knew that he either had or lost something.

Could have lied, could have figured out a way to tell everyone.

But nope, he shouts and cheers loudly, letting them know immediately that he has an idol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Not the same without Gavin McLeod and Julie. Just a sorry and probably sleazier imitation.

I’m pissed because CBS is shoving TAR to 10 p.m. for what’s probably going to be “Love Island, but on a boat.” 😡😡😡

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Uh Cody, after being in the sun for an hour and a half, it’s absolutely possible to be completely dry.

I believe the 43 cast saw the pre-merge of 42, but filmed 43 during the airing of the post-merge of 42.

• Love 5
Just now, Lantern7 said:

I’m pissed because CBS is shoving TAR to 10 p.m. for what’s probably going to be “Love Island, but on a boat.” 😡😡😡

Ditto.  Though I lost power and service at 7:55 so I can't say I'm that upset.  Just sorta pissed since Survivor opened the CBS lineup

• Love 1
Just now, jsm1125 said:

Uh Cody, after being in the sun for an hour and a half, it’s absolutely possible to be completely dry.

I believe the 43 cast saw the pre-merge of 42, but filmed 43 during the airing of the post-merge of 42.

The guy is from Hawaii.  You think he of all people would understand how being wet and in the sun work.

Wait . . . this is two hours long, and TAR’s premiere is only one hour?!?

Fucking CBS.

Bright side: Probst isn’t going Johnny Knoxville on us before a challenge. Yet.

Edited by Lantern7
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Reduced 26 days, probably for the foreseeable future.

Probst said in an interview that the 26 day season is here to stay.  That could always change, but I kind of doubt it will.  I thought we might see a difference in the quality of the season, but if they hadn't told us they changed the amount of time they were out there, I would have never noticed.

Edited by LadyChatts
2 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Reduced 26 days, probably for the foreseeable future.

With the pandemic now declared over, it might go back to thirty-nine again.

It might, but maybe during the 2025-2026 TV Year.  Anything that saves $$$$ usually holds.  I'm okay with it if the show produces a season with a complete feel

Edited by Carey