Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Hand-Fed Bananas

• Start Topic

Awful…just awful.  Can we go back to the car wash? At least it was satisfying seeing the car windows nice and sparkling after they were cleaned.  How many times did the camera pan in on Whitney putting her hands on Buddy’s leg? Heather needs a better contract.  She was listed as Buddy’s ex for 1000 years, Whitney makes fun of her for wearing shapewear, now they keep having her go on these awkward dates.  This latest guy seemed skeevy.  It’s fine if she wants to date, but all these show dates make her look awkward as hell (not that I blame her with this dude).   I wish somebody would burn those leggings from the class.  

• Love 5

Is there any reason to get the cat mouth scanned?  I mean, if it is cancer, what would the options be?  Surgery….on a 14 and half year old cat?  Wouldn’t you just keep him comfortable, like she’s already doing.  Idk.  

Jessica seems so ambivalent about the wedding.  Does she really want to get married?  

I bet those AL residents are still talking and laughing about that class!  You have to admit, they had NEVER seen anything like that before.  Lol

Heather was drinking wine with dinner.  I thought she said she didn’t drink a couple of weeks ago when she met that other guy at the wine bar.  Hmmmmm…l.l

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Who gets braces because they're self conscious that their teeth are not perfectly straight but jams their 500 pound body into shit colored leggings.

I’m surprised the Abbotswood staff don’t tell her to wear more appropriate clothing.  For the “class” I could see her wearing leggings but I don’t get why she picks such a light color that is so tight it’s almost see through.  I wonder if they bribed the residents in some way to show up.  Todd and Buddy look over all this nonsense and look like they are timing to the second when they have earned their check.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Who gets hot and sweaty making candles which consisted of pouring already melted wax into holders.

Far be it for me to defend this jerk, but if it's a small space (not watching yet because it's not airing in my time zone yet), double boilers get hot fast.

Because I work on east coast/Europe time, I don't usually have it in me to watch this shitshow in real time. From the comments/lack thereof, it seems like it's the same snoozefest as usual. I recently watched the series in its entirety, and it was so much more fun when she had the dance class, some semblance of a job, a handful of events, and a trip here and there. Now she just moans senshusly while getting her lips injected and abuses more animals than usual. And it sounds like now she's moved on to abusing seniors (besides just her parents).

EDIT: OK I stayed up long enough to watch the first ten minutes and OH MY GOD THEY ARE MAKING CANDLES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN CONTAINERS THEY SCRAPPED FROM SOMEWHERE AND HAVE NOT HEAT TESTED. Please OMG guests do NOT burn those candles.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 5

She has sooooo much difficult stress with Henchi,  Babs, the wedding etc etc. Poor thing.    But sure finds time to keep up on her duck lips which are too big🦆 😗....   enough!   Big lips won't make up for .....er... everything else on you!

Oh  and now she needs yet another vaca 🙄🙄

Edited by suev3333
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

So let me get this straight... She blabs that Heather wears shapewear, she says Lennie got his dog to get women, she makes a couple sex innuendos in the “dance” class, but says to the camera with a straight face that older people have no filter? Oy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m surprised the Abbotswood staff don’t tell her to wear more appropriate clothing.  For the “class” I could see her wearing leggings but I don’t get why she picks such a light color that is so tight it’s almost see through.  I wonder if they bribed the residents in some way to show up.  Todd and Buddy look over all this nonsense and look like they are timing to the second when they have earned their check.

Omg those baby blue leggings…. Yikes what a sight!! 
As I watched her teaching the seniors how to dance I couldn’t stay focussed and kept finding myself obsessing over how she gets them on?!?!?… I mean they’re literally skin tight, does she lay on the floor and shimmy her way into them?  Does Lenny pull them on as she sprawls on her bed? Is it blue spray paint and not leggings at all?

AND

Leave Henchi at home, he’s an old cat for gods sake, does she have any idea how stressful it is for him to be dragged all over hells half acre to different homes, hospitals etc?!?? She’s been moving her animals all over the place since Chase came on the scene a couple years ago!!

Let Henchi rest and enjoy the familiar surrounding of a home with the other cats he’s used to being  around. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I know it should be a surprise to absolutely no one, but damn, Whitney is really mean. The way that she talks about Lenny is absolutely terrible. This guy must have the self-esteem of a stick insect. As for Heather, I think it has been her goal ever since Heather started dating buddy, to humiliate her as much as possible. Humiliation has always been her main goal with Heather. She has no love for her, and I think it’s obvious with all these dating activities and that skeevy day. I was confused about her drinking the wine, too. Maybe she meant that she doesn’t drink often. Or doesn’t really drink. Someone upthread mentioned that Heather needs a better deal or a pay bump. I don’t know what the appeal is of being a punching bag for this asshole, other than money.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11

I can’t recall what really happened with the dance class, but covid would have impacted it, even if she wanted to keep it going.  With her parents’ situation, I don’t believe she would have have the dance class weekly during covid, even with masks, which might not have been practical.  They many have been paying some of them too.  I wonder what the main storyline was going to be before Babs got sick.  

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I can’t recall what really happened with the dance class, but covid would have impacted it, even if she wanted to keep it going.  With her parents’ situation, I don’t believe she would have have the dance class weekly during covid, even with masks, which might not have been practical.  They many have been paying some of them too.  I wonder what the main storyline was going to be before Babs got sick.  

BGDC was all script driven and only filmed for the show. Maddie was paid extra because she played a bigger role and I hope she asked for hazard pay having to shoot that pool scene with Whitney.

I think we're to surmise 'BGDC' closed because she moved to Charlotte to be closer to Ryan for their app.

I only found out recently that BGDC was never real and it pisses me off more they had plots Todd trying to take it over. Or the ones where she was late for her own fake dance class that didn't even exist and was mad at the one girl for taking over.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I really hope as someone joked in an earlier thread that all of these dates for Heather are just guys from the local community theater.  If the blind date was real, Whitney is a terrible friend and Heather is a fool for continuing to go along with this. That guy wasn't just your bog standard bad date, he was out and out skeevy and Heather couldn't stand him.  Whitney knew he was the worst of the bunch and thought it would be funny to set them up.  I would be a little worried for Heather's safety with a guy like that.  I hope he doesn't know where she lives.

• Love 6

I agree with the above posters that she is just horrible. The way she talks smack about Lenny to whomever is nasty, no way would I put up with that. If that were me, I would come back at her full force. Nobody wants to see her in those skin tight leggings and crop top ever! Looks like Jessica raided every thrift store in NC for glasses, vases for the candles. What's with Heather toting a backpack on a date?  

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Far be it for me to defend this jerk, but if it's a small space (not watching yet because it's not airing in my time zone yet), double boilers get hot fast.

I'm also not a Whitney fan, but even turning on the oven or the stovetop in my kitchen makes the room hot enough that I'm sweating without even moving. The air circulation just isn't good. Jessica's kitchen is sort of small and seemed like it might have the same issue.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I would bet the dates are cast by the producers of the show.  That’s my take on it.  Fakery runs rampant on reality show.  I will add that I’ve had several close friends set me up with dates.  I was shocked!  I thought they knew me, but the men they thought I would be crazy over were completely not suited to me.  I kept wondering why they did it.  I mean, these guys couldn’t have been more inappropriate.  I was polite, but two of them I didn’t date again and one only went for a few dates.  The guys probably wondered about it too.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

OK, I'm not trying to fat-shame anyone but cant Whit find clothes that fit her? The spandex pants and sports bra look are just getting too much for me to bear. And that outfit she wore to the dance class with the oldsters was just too much! Every bump and lump were on display. I felt sorry for the old folks. And her poor kitty-he's getting old and sometimes you have to let them go. I've lost a few to cancer and I know it's hard but sometimes you have to do what's right for the animal no matter how you feel. Now the date with miss purple hair was pretty cringey-I would go on NO dates with someone Whit picked for me. He was kind of smarmy. Her dress was cute though. Hope she enjoyed her meal, at least. And as someone said above, Whit really is mean to a lot of people, especially her "friends". I would dump her like a hot potato if she treated me like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

OK, I'm not trying to fat-shame anyone but cant Whit find clothes that fit her? 

She can! She did! Whatever season she was "engaged" to Chase, she had StitchFix send her outfits and they were really nice. I don't know why she doesn't actually wear them!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

OK, I'm not trying to fat-shame anyone but cant Whit find clothes that fit her? 

Yes to the Stitch Fix clothes. Plus, the clothes she wore in the Wal-Mart commercial were cute, covered her well, were flattering and inexpensive. 

I think she has simply given up.

Edited by BAForever
  • Love 1

I'm rewatching Season 1 and so far the first three episode she has been modestly dressed in dark leggings and wears tanks or tshirts over a sports bra. Her face and hair is cute too but this was 10 seasons ago. 

These new beige leggings and nude colors she's wearing does her no favors, it's an odd choice this late in the game given she's been on TV for 10+ years and has landed a commercial with WALMART. By now you'd think she knows what colors are flattering, and to find thicker material for her leggings.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Applause 2
36 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

I'm rewatching Season 1 and so far the first three episode she has been modestly dressed in dark leggings and wears tanks or tshirts over a sports bra. Her face and hair is cute too but this was 10 seasons ago. 

These new beige leggings and nude colors she's wearing does her no favors, it's an odd choice this late in the game given she's been on TV for 10+ years and has landed a commercial with WALMART. By now you'd think she knows what colors are flattering, and to find thicker material for her leggings.

I think that’s why she wears the beige, baby blue and other skin tight leggings, she loves to SHOCK people because once again it makes her the center of attention… plus if I recall correctly when the show first started she was interested in losing weight but as the years have gone by she’s dropped that and leaned into the NO BODY SHAME and how she can’t lose weight because of her PCOS… at this point I think her attitude is “yes I’m huge and I’m proud of it, what’s your problem??!!??”

At the dance lesson for the seniors she purposely bent over in front of them and wagged her butt then announced “I bet you haven’t seen one THAT BIG before!!!”

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

Whit’s fashion choices are a mystery.  I wonder if she gets free plus size items and has a money deal to wear them on the show…..hmmmm….that’s all I got.  Lol.  I don’t have much of an issue with her clothes, because…..I guess it’s not surprising at this point.  I suspect that people who are very overweight may attempt humor to deflect from their pain and embarrassment.  Regardless, of the message, her physical condition looks painful.  She hasn’t addressed her own health issues this season.  

• Applause 1
On 9/20/2022 at 11:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I bet those AL residents are still talking and laughing about that class!  You have to admit, they had NEVER seen anything like that before.  Lol

I actually thought it looked like the residents (if they really were residents, and not hired or recruited) were having a good time and she did a decent job with the class  Depending on the facility, they may not have had something like that there before, and it was probably a nice change of pace.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what the main storyline was going to be before Babs got sick.  

Good point! Maybe it would have been more about Lenny and Whitney and all the intense sexual tension? 🙄

On 9/21/2022 at 10:49 AM, Meow Mix said:

Whitney knew he was the worst of the bunch and thought it would be funny to set them up.  

I really wonder if Whitney actually saw potential because she would have liked his inappropriate humor.  

On 9/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Maisiesmom said:

OK, I'm not trying to fat-shame anyone but cant Whit find clothes that fit her? The spandex pants and sports bra look are just getting too much for me to bear. And that outfit she wore to the dance class with the oldsters was just too much! Every bump and lump were on display. 

I'm right with you.  As has been remarked on before, she can find nicer clothes that fit her (Stitch Fix and Walmart), but for some reason she chooses not to.  I wonder why that is.  I thought maybe it was laziness, but it is actually easier to throw on one of those dresses than to wear her signature sports-bra-and-leggings.  Maybe she just doesn't want to have to think about what to wear, in which case she's so used to the sports-bra-and-leggings that she can practically choose it in her sleep. The one option that I refuse to consider is that she actually thinks she looks good in the sports-bra-and-leggings.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, LEILANI2 said:

By now you'd think she knows what colors are flattering, and to find thicker material for her leggings.

Yep.  As was said above, it showed every bump and lump.  I just don't understand.  Does she not try to see what she looks like from behind?  Does she think the bumps and lumps look senshus?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think the leggings and sports bra choice would be defended by the statement " Thin women wear them why can't I". Telling her thin women look good in them would be considered fat shaming. 

Yeah, but even thin women who look fantastic in them, don't wear them to all the inappropriate places that Whitney does, so that has me wondering.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yeah, but even thin women who look fantastic in them, don't wear them to all the inappropriate places that Whitney does, so that has me wondering.

I definitely agree with that but I think Whitney is so super focused on her weight ( everything is about her being fat and people hating her for being fat) that I do not think she can make that logical jump. I think sometimes she dress inappropriately just to make that point. I also think after wearing sports bras and leggings for so long  sometimes she doesn't even stop to consider if they are inappropriate. My personal thought is they belong in the gym but I am old and conservative.  I would also NEVER even think of voicing that thought to anyone.  People should dress as they wish. If I do not approve that is my issue not theirs.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I also think after wearing sports bras and leggings for so long  sometimes she doesn't even stop to consider if they are inappropriate.

I think it's this. 

I've seen women wearing sports bras and leggings everywhere - school pickup lines, the grocery store, the post office - it's a pretty standard mom uniform (granted there is usually some sort of zip up thing over the bra, even if it's unzipped). And honestly, I don't know that anyone really particularly notices or cares if the woman is reasonably slender. I think Whitney has a point on this one; I think people who wouldn't look twice at a 5' tall, 100 pound woman in a sports bra and leggings, but you put the same outfit on a 5' tall 300 pound woman in the same setting and people find it unattractive. I see something similar in school dress codes (not to start a whole thing). No one cares if a flat chested 12 year old wears a tank top but put one on a busty 12 year old and all of a sudden it's a dress code violation. Maybe what is offensive to people isn't the showing of some skin but showing skin over a certain acceptable amount of total square inches?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I've seen women wearing sports bras and leggings everywhere - school pickup lines, the grocery store, the post office - it's a pretty standard mom uniform (granted there is usually some sort of zip up thing over the bra, even if it's unzipped). And honestly, I don't know that anyone really particularly notices or cares if the woman is reasonably slender. I think Whitney has a point on this one; I think people who wouldn't look twice at a 5' tall, 100 pound woman in a sports bra and leggings, but you put the same outfit on a 5' tall 300 pound woman in the same setting and people find it unattractive. 

But the "granted" part in parentheses is what makes all the difference in the world!  Wearing the zip-up thing is precisely what is missing with Whit, and what makes it so inappropriate.  And I'll still say that even if the woman was gorgeous and model thin, I don't think that wearing just a sports bra and leggings to visit the AL facility was appropriate.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, Elizzikra said:

She can! She did! Whatever season she was "engaged" to Chase, she had StitchFix send her outfits and they were really nice. I don't know why she doesn't actually wear them!

Maybe they no longer fit.  Or maybe she feels skin-tight = sexy.  I can't imagine that she's actually physically comfortable in all that too-small spandex.

The StitchFix outfits did look nice on her.  Whatever the reason she's not wearing the old ones, she ought to buy some more.  It's possible those outfits were free to her, in return for making sure everyone knew where they came from, or maybe they sponsored her video shit.  It's my opinion that she gritted her teeth and wore them, thought they made her look (whatever notsexy is in her book) unstylish?  Old-ladyish? and when the contract was over, she gave them away.