Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Boston Bridges, Falling Down

aghst
  • Start Topic

As Jenny grows closer to Diarmuid Doyle, her unwitting husband Jackie is released from the hospital — and he’s after revenge. Siobhan calls on Decourcy for help cornering Needham Industries as she fights to expose the corporation’s malfeasance. After a break in the case against Sinclair Dryden, the DA’s office bumps up against an unforeseen obstacle.

Siobhan wins a big settlement in the Big Dig case, her boss has to talk her down about fighting some parts of it.  What kind of power does a Suffolk County DA have over OSHA?  Wouldn't it have to be a federal prosecutor?  In any event it all falls into place.  But she's feeling PTSD, always looking over her shoulder.

Jackie gets released and starts looking for payback.  How does an FBI agent not see Jackie in his back seat in broad daylight?  They squeeze a mafioso wannabe to find out that father Doyle ordered the hit.

Jenny and Doyle finally do the deed but bittersweet, probably one and done because Doyle is in trouble with ordering the hit on Jackie and funneling money for guns for the IRA.  Do the Irish have big American style breakfasts?  Europeans generally don't, so where would Doyle learned how to have make eggs, pancakes, etc.?

Jackie and DeCourcy's case against Dryden isn't holding up because of witness problems.  But what do you know, Jackie bugs and puts a camera in Dryden's house to film a former FBI colleague taking a bribe to suppress evidence and they flip him.  No matter, Dryden has pull and DeCourcy's boss may intervene to stop the investigation.  Again, why would a former FBI guy have much pull with the local DA?  Well Dryden is rich so he can spread money around.

But Guy Dan is running for higher office, so Dryden would be a big catch, a headline-friendly case.  OTOH, Dan could fund his statewide campaign.

Leticia makes it clear that she will go down with Dryden if necessary, when Jackie tries to warn her.

I can't believe Jenny did the priest! I knew he was a sleaze! 

Sib is much more interesting to watch when they're letting her actually work. She was giving the mob guy attitude. I hope she ends up popping him. She really needs a gun or some mace. Bear spray. A key isn't going to cut it. The therapist was really condescending. There's really a goon following and threatening her. You're not paranoid if they are literally out to get you. 

And I like how Jackie is still a better agent than the actual Iranian agent. He found the guy in like 2 minutes. He was so hardcore with the Drydens. They both looked scared at the end of their scenes. Bacon was on fire even though both scenes were subdued. You can really see that this is a guy who wasn't afraid to put the mafia out of business. 

You're not my mentor; you're my tor-mentor. And the thornbirds in the nest. Clever. They always bust out a couple of good ones each episode. You have to love those classic Dunkin cups too. Girls, you're both pretty. 

I was almost right! I said maybe the son of the boss took a shot at Jackie! Of course Jenny doesn't believe it, but maybe Jackie should have told her about the arms deal. I'm surprised she is so adamantly not believing Jackie. I mean, all the yelling, sure. But the IRA at this point in time is entirely believable. 

The little local color touches are just perfect - There's the door; just turn the knob and pull. That's so New England. And the Carvel cake!

It's a shame more people aren't watching this show. It's as good as anything. I like that the 'action' was all Sib, Jackie, and Ward just putting in work. Even the investigator. Sometimes that's really what it takes. 

What an ending!

2 hours ago, aghst said:

What kind of power does a Suffolk County DA have over OSHA?  Wouldn't it have to be a federal prosecutor?

No necessarily. There's state laws too, or Ward could hand it off to the US attorney anyway. Banking the bribes could be wire fraud which would be federal. 

21 hours ago, aghst said:

Do the Irish have big American style breakfasts?  Europeans generally don't

The "full English breakfast," "full Scottish breakfast," and "full Irish breakfast" might surprise you. I've had all three, and they rival -- or surpass -- anything you find in the U.S.

• Love 1

Can't believe the season is almost over already - while some of the subplots are a waste of time IMO ( Siobahns PTSD, Jennys half brother ) it feels like others were sort of forgotten about for awhile ( Drydens rapes ) then all of a sudden the writers realize "Oh shit, we gotta wrap this arc up ". 

I hope this is the last we'll see of the priest .  I love how he didn't want to kill Jackie, just hurt him, yet he hires common thugs to let loose a hail of gunfire in the hopes they'd what.....just wing Jackie a little bit ?

Did we really need to see the vet put down a dog ?

I didn't see the hit on Jackie coming from Father Doyle, so that was a nice surprise.  I'm not surprised that Jenny has trouble believing any of it.  She just had her first good bang in a long time, and all she sees is Jackie being jealous and making stuff up.  Jackie is The Boy who Cried Wolf.  He's lied to Jenny for so long about so many things that she doesn't believe a word of it when he's actually telling the truth.

Not surprise that Leticia will stand by her man.  From the first episode this season, we saw that she knew what Dryden was doing and was fine with it.  She asked him how it was, he said it was nice, then they went to sleep.  Rich people are... different.

I don't know I'd say Jackie cried wolf. He doesn't tell Jenny FBI stuff, but he doesn't lie about cases and crimes when he does tell her. 

It's entirely believable that she wouldn't buy it from him about the hit. It does sound ludicrous. 

But Jackie warned him plenty of times to stay away. 

Yeah, but this isn't a case like any other case, since he's the victim and the suspect is the guy banging his wife.  I'd assume that he didn't share much about his FBI work with her, but had no reason to lie when did open up.  But this is too personal.  Jenny knows he hates the guy, so in her mind it just makes sense the Jackie would make up some shit about him to "prove" he was right about him.  The irony of course being that Doyle did order the hit.  At least Jenny had the sense to ask him about it, and Doyle's answers confirmed that Jackie wasn't lying.  So we'll see where that goes.