Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/19/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

She said that if he wanted to get married, he'd better do it soon before marriage equality ends.

No lies detected here by Whoopi. I was afraid she said something like calling him Lady Graham or something offensive like that. From what I hear about him, he is not interested in settling down so he doesn't care about marriage equality.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You know the internet is going to explode and even if Whoopi preemptively apologized she may be forced to take another time out. 

why? she was just telling the truth........

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't think there was anything wrong with what Whoopi said. I don't think there was much of anything wrong with what Sunny said either for that matter, tbh,

I only just finished the end of yesterday's episode. I suppose because they bored me during Hot Topics, I never finished the episode past the Eichner interview. The Tyson interview was pretty fun, particularly the "We're all going to die!" bit.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

This no worse than what Sunny said about Nikki Haley.  In fact, it's better, it's actually funny.

I thought Whoopi's comment / joke was pretty mild. IIRC, she just said "Maybe he wants to get married", without any overt reference to Graham's sexuality (whatever it turns out to be). It was pretty humorous. Kind of surprising about those other examples listed above, considering how welcoming of diverse sexual orientations self-identified liberals are supposed to be. I am not a "conservative", but I believe that you should apply your acceptance (or disapproval) consistently, regardless of whether you agree with the person or not. 

I am disappointed that nothing on the View came of Nikki Haley's response to Sunny's cheap and inaccurate shot. I would have been tickled if Sunny had to read one of those "legal notes" about herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Kind of surprising about those other examples listed above, considering how welcoming of diverse sexual orientations self-identified liberals are supposed to be.

They're not mocking his being LGBTQ+, they're mocking a closeted self-loathing Senator who consistently votes against LGBTQ+ issues.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I am disappointed that nothing on the View came of Nikki Haley's response to Sunny's cheap and inaccurate shot.

It was a cheap shot, but not an inaccurate one. IMO, Sunny was right in her assessment that Nikki Haley is angling herself towards a crowd she's calculated won't accept her as a woman of color--or as a woman, period, really. Both Sunny's point Monday and Whoopi's today were similar to me, as far as referring to Haley and Graham as sell-outs who choose to eat their own, although Sunny was much more annoying when she was making her point whereas Whoopi did it in a humorous way.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
10 minutes ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Whoopi's joke may catch the wrath of FOX NEWS - mainly Hannity and Carlson. 

That would just draw more attention to Graham and anyone's curiosity about his interests. Something he probably does not want.

28 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It was a cheap shot, but not an inaccurate one. IMO, Sunny was right in her assessment that Nikki Haley is angling herself towards a crowd she's calculated won't accept her as a woman of color--or as a woman, period, really. Both Sunny's point Monday and Whoopi's today were similar to me, as far as referring to Haley and Graham as sell-outs who choose to eat their own, although Sunny was much more annoying when she was making her point whereas Whoopi did it in a humorous way.

It was Sunny's smug judgmental demeanor I had a problem with.  Am I remembering correctly that Sunny and SWSNBN once had a difference of opinion about Beto O'Rourke not using his given name Robert Francis.  Sunny picks and chooses who she wants to be outraged about.  And I say this as someone who can't stand Haley.  

• Like 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I thought Whoopi's comment / joke was pretty mild. IIRC, she just said "Maybe he wants to get married", without any overt reference to Graham's sexuality (whatever it turns out to be)

Oh, she was pretty clear about what she meant. I don’t think anyone misunderstood her inference. 

• Like 1
On 9/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, rollacoaster said:

I'm no Alyssa fan, but Sunny has been very ugly towards her. Alyssa's totally trying to rehab her image here...I'll be honest, I'm torn. I totally get that Sunny loathes her for who she is and what she was a part of...and I get wanting to rub it in her face...HOWEVER...it makes Sunny look so very petty. And I get it. I GET it. Progressives and liberals get tired of always having to take the high road, of having to rise above. Sometimes you just wanna sling mud. But, it looks bad every time. It only get's you filthy. And, for Sunny, as a Black woman, it looks like an angry Black woman picking on a delicate white woman who's just trying to be nice. I hate the optics. And I hate the position that Sunny is in. After years of dealing with Meghan, she's tired. And I kinda even feel a little bad for Alyssa, who's trying to walk that line of repping the conservative viewpoint and trying to fit in. 

Based on the comments against Sunny on here, Black women get no grace for any mistake real or perceived so Sunny better be careful she knows we are often judged harsher and we are not protected.  Sunny should dial back her attitude against Alyssa. I am not a fan of Alyssa but I know how society views Black women and Sunny should know this..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Based on the comments against Sunny on here, Black women get no grace for any mistake real or perceived so Sunny better be careful she knows we are often judged harsher and we are not protected.  Sunny should dial back her attitude against Alyssa. I am not a fan of Alyssa but I know how society views Black women and Sunny should know this..

You are right, we are judged harsher and less protected. I see this across the forums where black women on shows of all kinds are concerned. I think maybe Sunny knows, but just has no more f*cks left to give. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 6

Part of the problem is it's a daily/constant occurrence.  Alyssa will start to say something and Sunny will almost immediately butt in with a sneery voice to challenge what she says.  She didn't even do this with Meghan.  I think the thing with her is she detests that Alyssa worked for Trump.  That is something she just cannot forgive and get over.  Sunny is the smartest person in the room but someone needs to tell her that this treatment of Alyssa is going to make viewers more sympathetic to her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

I

Again - between the facelift, Botox, fillers and the " Whitney Houston 1987"  wig -   Asunción looks horrible this season. Perhaps that is why she is so bitter since the season started ? 

I was amused when recently Sunny was all in gold/brown and in that wig which made me think of the  cowardly lion of the Wizard of Oz.  All she needed was bronzer stripes across her cheeks to finish the picture.

• LOL 4

11:05 am I am watching HT and Ana is on fire. Speaking truth to power regarding the phoniness of Rethugs being "UnChristian." I love her! This is what I want from The View: a representative of conservative values who is passionate, intelligent, articulate and well spoken and helps me understand. Ana's expression helps me to have a fair consideration of others who do not share my demographics and political affiliation. She is bright and insightful and I really learn from her perspective. Ana offers contributions to use, digest and grow on, not just emotional bloviation. You go gurl! Carry on. All of the panel should think for half a second before speaking and ask: "Does what I am about to say make a positive contribution to our View viewers?"

I also have great affection for Sara. She is always herself and her good heart comes through loud and clear.

• Like 2
  • Love 13

Ana and Sarah are MVPs today! I especially appreciate Ana pushing back on Joy equating the situations of Iranian and American women. 

Though, I see the point that Joy was making. Women aren't being killed in the US for these kinds of reasons. Yet. Religion is already being used to curtail women's choices. Draconian anti-abortion laws are putting women's lives at stake.

Loved Sunny's Christine Amanpour story. She seemed less aggressive towards Alyssa today. I'm not bothered by Sunny's current curly golden wig look. She's in her Beyonce phase. 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mldyold said:

I was amused when recently Sunny was all in gold/brown and in that wig which made me think of the  cowardly lion of the Wizard of Oz.  All she needed was bronzer stripes across her cheeks to finish the picture.

She looks like Medusa today.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Complimenting Sunny for a change, that was a great story about Christiane Amanpour. 

I agree it was a great story. However, I couldn't believe the part where Sunny said she didn't know how to ask for a box.

10 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

She seemed less aggressive towards Alyssa today. 

I thought it was awful of her to tell Alyssa "the eggs do get old" when Alyssa was expressing her anxiety about getting pregnant. 

• Love 6

I agreed with Joy today, the same sentiment behind the treatment of women in places like Iran is being aimed at women here, just in a different stage. And Sara had the best reaction today when she said she wants "no part in that kind of 'morality.'"

Joy had several hilarious moments while moderating. The first was when she was reading the prompter's "So Jared Kushner's been soul-searching," then adlibbed with the "We'll let you know if he finds anything," lol. Then the beginning of the Gwyneth Paltrow where she's listing regrets Paltrow had talked about and then threw in naming her child Apple at the end. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Joy today, the same sentiment behind the treatment of women in places like Iran is being aimed at women here, just in a different stage.

Yes, She wasn't saying they were the same thing but that we are quickly speeding toward the same here. I have seen stories lately of women being taken off planes because of modesty issues. It is coming if something doesn't change.

• Applause 4
On 9/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, Haleth said:

Oh, she was pretty clear about what she meant. I don’t think anyone misunderstood her inference. 

I like how Whoopi addressed the controversy by saying it was a joke. She didn't apologize for it or say she was sorry for making the joke. But people accepted her "apology".  The inference still stands. It was funny and unusually subtle for Whoopi.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5

Re Sunny’s comment to Alyssa about aging eggs - Sunny’s shared about her fertility problems and I may be naïve but feel her comment was intended to be helpful not hurtful.  Asunción don’t joke about baby makin’!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Oneofem said:

Re Sunny’s comment to Alyssa about aging eggs - Sunny’s shared about her fertility problems and I may be naïve but feel her comment was intended to be helpful not hurtful.  Asunción don’t joke about baby makin’!

Saying it once I could see as intending to be helpful. The second and third time, accompanied by smug smiles, not so much - those came off as "you're getting old, girl".

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
On 9/24/2022 at 2:21 PM, GiveMeSpace said:
On 9/23/2022 at 9:37 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Joy today, the same sentiment behind the treatment of women in places like Iran is being aimed at women here, just in a different stage.

Yes, She wasn't saying they were the same thing but that we are quickly speeding toward the same here. I have seen stories lately of women being taken off planes because of modesty issues. It is coming if something doesn't change.

I think Ana was trying to get the table to focus more on the plight of the Iranian women rather than center the issues of American women. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1