Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: After the Altar: It’s My Party and I’ll Gossip if I Want to

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Iyanna and Jarrette definitely have some issues with his lifestyle, and he keeps talking about how he knows what he needs to do, yet he is clearly not doing it!  Good for her for moving out.  It's apparently been a year, and he's still doing that sh*t?  I would like to think that if he quits those jobs, maybe he'll improve.  But damn, the message he is sending to her is that drinking and his buddies are more important than her and their marriage.

I just can't with Deepti and Kyle being so afraid.  I know there is the risk of losing the friendship, but the potential gain is sooo huge, and their friendship would change anyway when one or both found someone else if they decided to just be friends, so why not go for it!  That talk on the bed was weird, because Deepti's lack of responsiveness made it seem like the feelings were one-sided on Kyle's part, but we know they're not.  It was also weird how when Kyle finished talking, she said, "I can tell you're scared," when to me, the person who looked scared was her.

A vineyard in winter is pretty desolate-looking!

I'm not sure what Sal was expecting from Mallory at the party that he didn't get, that made him conclude that her walls were up and that she basically has problems.

• Love 5

Sal referring to Victoria as "my sibling victoria" sounds weird unless she is non-binary and uses the they/them pronoun.  Now I wonder.  I swear in the original he referred to her as his sister.  Oh well, not a big deal just the way he said it sounded stilted and formal.

I officially hate Jessi. It feels like  she is auditioning to be cast on Netflix reality show?  She was way too celebratory about a stupid little word card game.  Everything is just so exaggerated.  She just feels artificially on. That black Dom gear was the very definition of trying too hard.  And honestly she came off a little shady.  "i was never worried about you..." Chile...   And what the fuck does Sal want Mallory to do?  "Jessi and I are coming in peace. We're not waging war on anyone."  Well neither is she.  Just because she isn't  giving you the attention you want doesn't mean she's being hostile.  Ugh. Go strum a ukulele somewhere.

So in the end, Iyanna and Jarrette are just 100% incompatible.  Her boots were nice tho.  He isn't ready to married or he needs someone who wants an always out lifestyle like his.

The 80s party looked fun.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
On 9/16/2022 at 10:58 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Iyanna and Jarrette definitely have some issues with his lifestyle, and he keeps talking about how he knows what he needs to do, yet he is clearly not doing it!  Good for her for moving out.  It's apparently been a year, and he's still doing that sh*t?  I would like to think that if he quits those jobs, maybe he'll improve.  But damn, the message he is sending to her is that drinking and his buddies are more important than her and their marriage.

I just can't with Deepti and Kyle being so afraid.  I know there is the risk of losing the friendship, but the potential gain is sooo huge, and their friendship would change anyway when one or both found someone else if they decided to just be friends, so why not go for it!  That talk on the bed was weird, because Deepti's lack of responsiveness made it seem like the feelings were one-sided on Kyle's part, but we know they're not.  It was also weird how when Kyle finished talking, she said, "I can tell you're scared," when to me, the person who looked scared was her.

A vineyard in winter is pretty desolate-looking!

I'm not sure what Sal was expecting from Mallory at the party that he didn't get, that made him conclude that her walls were up and that she basically has problems.

My thoughts on the friends to lovers situation is that if not making it as a couple could break your bond or if one does something bad enough to destroy it, the bond was never that strong to begin with.

Doing as much as those two do together but not being a couple gives me a headache.

On 9/17/2022 at 9:09 AM, LakeGal said:

Sal & Jessi were both acting like they had to pity Mallory.  I would have been uncomfortable too if I was Mallory.  Jessi was trying way too hard and Sal seemed so proud of her.  

Call me a cynic, but something seemed really "off" about the whole Sal/Jessi thing.  Didn't he say something about her being an actress?  It's pure speculation, but maybe he hired her to play the part of his adoring girlfriend to make him seem more exciting/attractive than he appeared on the show.  Or more likely, she thought being with him would get her some television exposure.  They were both too over the top for it to seem real.  It was clearly important to him to make it seem like the problem was all Mallory and had nothing to do with him.

• Love 4

Good Lord Sal get over it. He didn’t get the reaction from Mal he wanted so he said he had walls up? Maybe she just interested in talking to you…Jesus Christ  not everyone needs to love you. Jessie seems exhausting. Based on the fact that an Ex stormed into his sisters place screaming and crying shows me he loves the dramatic type. Mal was too mature and subdued for him.