Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Is That a Wild Peacock?

• Start Topic

Remaining teams head to Tobermory, Ont. and the Bruce Peninsula, where they compete for a spot in the finale.

Happy to see the brothers make it to #1 and the finals.

Bye Beverly and Veronica not sad to see them go. 

I knew Franella would be in when Jon didn’t say it right away.  I was kind of ready for them to be gone.  I don’t hate them by any means, but they are my least favourite team out of those who remain. 

Weren’t the brothers just saying about how they have to focus and then ‘oh a peacock?’  Lol

I guess the allotted time for the race course was pretty generous since they all made it within the time limit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I noticed that when reading the final clue, there was no mention that “the last team(s) to check in may or may not be eliminated, but I went from being super excited when Jesse and Marika made it in to [insert bad word here] when Frenella were also in, to cheering when Beverly and Veronika were out. Looking forward to the finale, in my neck of the woods. 

• Love 1

The brothers clearly have not been out my way - we have a ton of wild peacocks roaming around various areas. 

While their edit was much nicer to them this episode, I was not sorry to see Beverly and Veronica out. I assume it's a combination of editing and stress of the moment, but when the host does not immediately start telling you what place you're in, it should be obvious after this many years that you're safe from elimination. 

• Love 1

So happy to see this final four and glad that team Mean Girls is gone. Yes, they got an edit of pleasantness this time, but I’m guessing it was their farewell gift from the editors. They did still manage to get in a comment about how great they looked.

There’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and they crossed it repeatedly. Do eliminated teams do post-ep appearances on Your Morning or The Social? I’d be interested in seeing if this is addressed.

My guess is that Frenella win it, based on the edit they’re getting. I do love the guys though, and I’m typically not a fan of strong young male teams winning these things. But Brandon and Connor are just so charming. 

On 9/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, Tiggertoo said:

Weren’t the brothers just saying about how they have to focus and then ‘oh a peacock?’

Yeah, talk about a “Squirrel!” moment.

Great to see them in Tobermory and Wiarton. Not typical of these urban-based shows to focus on anything in Southern Ontario beyond Toronto. Tobermory is so beautiful, as is most of the Lake Huron shore.

• Love 1

That area of Ontario is beautiful, and it was nice to see part of it other than Toronto or Ottawa. All in all we got a pretty decent tour of Ontario this season; they just missed Thunder Bay and the north basically. 

The closest I've ever gotten to that area was probably 30-some years ago, when my aunt and uncle had a place in Sarnia. And that only puts me on the same (Great) lake, no where near the actual area. I don't know why, but I never placed Wiarton up there. I know of Wiarton Willy (but Shubenacadie Sam is better :P ), but I think for some reason I always mentally placed it somewhere near Kingston or Peterborough, not way up there.

I LOVED that they got that Squirrel! moment on camera, and I'm sure the editors loved having it too. It was so perfectly timed... and since peacocks aren't common in my neck of the woods, if I saw a wild one I'm sure I'd be reacting similarly. 

I'm satisfied with the final 4 and hope any of them will win it in the end. 

• Love 1

Halfway through the episode, i was ready for Franella to go. Not sure why the switch flipped during this episode since they are doing the same things they've been doing since the first episode. Maybe it's that they are so hyperfocused on race mode that it felt like they have not been enjoying anything else in the race. Or their constant loud screaming. I was so done with them.

Jesse is really a cool and calm person. Even when they went from second to last in the face off, he was still not freaking out like Marika was. You can feel his frustration though. Hoping they or the boys win but i agree that Franella is more likely from the editing, which means i have prepare my ears from the inevitable screaming if/when they win.

Edited by argrow
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, argrow said:

Halfway through the episode, i was ready for Franella to go. Not sure why the switch flipped during this episode since they are doing the same things they've been doing since the first episode. Maybe it's that they are so hyperfocused on race mode that it felt like they have not been enjoying anything else in the race. Or their constant loud screaming. I was so done with them.

Jesse is really a cool and calm person. Even when they went from second to last in the face off, he was still not freaking out like Marika was. He can feel his frustration though. Hoping they or the boys win but i agree that Franella is more lightly from the editing, which means i have prepare my ear from the inevitable screaming if/when they win.

Yes, his sister could learn from him.

And I didn’t think I’d like the brothers in the beginning, but the are just so good natured and likeable. 

• Love 1

Marika gets blamey and needs a lot of babysitting when she gets stressed. That must be hard on her brother. 

I like all the final teams and each has proven their mettle. I don't think I will know who I am rooting for until it gets down to the wire.  

On 9/15/2022 at 9:30 PM, Shermie said:

So happy to see this final four and glad that team Mean Girls is gone. Yes, they got an edit of pleasantness this time, but I’m guessing it was their farewell gift from the editors. They did still manage to get in a comment about how great they looked

Finally catching up on the last few episodes and I would have actually kind of preferred Beverly and Veronica stay over the brothers. I mean the brothers are solid racers but with a their annoying talk about being in the pocket and all the moustache stuff and talking about how much they love Guru or Marshalls it all just seems like schtick designed to get them more camera time. And the moustache stuff in this episode specifically was super annoying.

• Like 2