Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Room for Growth

• Start Topic

Delta Shift sucks.

I love the idea that the person who actually needed the relaxation was Captain Freeman and the engineers actually enjoyed being engineers.  

I love that Bold Boimler is still a thing and Mariner expects to be kicked out of star fleet, Tendi to end up being an officer and Bold Boimler to get himself killed.     

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Delta Shift sucks.

I love the idea that the person who actually needed the relaxation was Captain Freeman and the engineers actually enjoyed bring engineers.  

I love that Bold Boimler us still a thing and Mariner expects to be kicked out of star fleet, Tendi to end up being an officer and Bold Boimler to get himself killed.     

The thing with the engineers is that they like engineering.  It was the constant pressure to fix all the latest disasters that was getting to them.  Freeman's situation was that she'd caused the problem by putting on (or just touching) the mask so she felt guilty and she wanted to "fix" the engineers so she wouldn't feel guilty about the extra work they had to do.  The engineers were probably all at green shortly after boarding the Dove.  It was Freeman's constant demands that they relax her way that was stressing them out after that.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, johntfs said:

The thing with the engineers is that they like engineering.  It was the constant pressure to fix all the latest disasters that was getting to them.  Freeman's situation was that she'd caused the problem by putting on (or just touching) the mask so she felt guilty and she wanted to "fix" the engineers so she wouldn't feel guilty about the extra work they had to do.  The engineers were probably all at green shortly after boarding the Dove.  It was Freeman's constant demands that they relax her way that was stressing them out after that.

Well in Freeman’s defense she has had a stressful year.  Getting arrested for  genocide,  competing for a rock with the younger captain,  and then the mask thing.  Everyone has their breaking point.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

This is the second time we've seen those six-limbs aliens. Are they a nod to the original Animated Series?

Glad they acknowledged the bunk bed situation.

Ordering people to RELRAX! on command almost never works (without drugs).

Edited by marinw

I enjoyed the Lower Decks take on a classic Star Trek trope here, the one where a new technology sure would be handy so how come we never see it again? And in this case it's because the spa ship would no longer need a crew so they kick the thing out an airlock because they don't want to do real work!

• Like 1
  • Love 1