Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Mole

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

What is this Animal Planet documentary?   A spy thriller?   Or is it The Mole?   If it's the game show, unless it's truly reviving the original ABC show with Andersen Cooper and international locales it's going to be a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m excited for this but it won’t be the same without Anderson Cooper. I hope they stick to the original formula and don’t get too gimmicky. 

I didn't watch much reality competition TV back when The Mole was on but I'd read many people rave about it so I watched the first two seasons back when I discovered it.  It really was good so I'm looking forward to the new season.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:15 PM, QQQQ said:

Ooh, I loved The Mole! This summer I even rewatched a Celebrity Mole season which featured Dennis Rodman, Tracy Gold, and a lesser Baldwin.

I watched the two celebrity seasons that Netflix has.  I missed Anderson Cooper, of course but I enjoyed the first season.  It had a good combination of personalities.  I hated the second season, though.  It was so bro-ey.  Some of the comments Mark Curry made...whew.

On 9/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dani said:

I’m excited for this but it won’t be the same without Anderson Cooper. I hope they stick to the original formula and don’t get too gimmicky. 

Me too.  It's hard to replicate Anderson's balanced style of interest in the game and insouciance and rubbing their faces in the fact that he gets creature comforts while they do not.

2 hours ago, jenrising said:

Alex Wagner as the chosen host does make me happy. I think choosing someone who isn't just entertainment focused seems like a good sign. 

I thought the same thing. I’m not familiar with Alex but it made me hopeful they are going with a similar tone. 

15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I watched the two celebrity seasons that Netflix has.  I missed Anderson Cooper, of course but I enjoyed the first season.  It had a good combination of personalities.  I hated the second season, though.  It was so bro-ey.  Some of the comments Mark Curry made...whew.

I wish I could remember if I found Curry's comments so cringe-worthy during the first airing of that season or if it's something which has happened over time. 

I don't know anything about Alex Wagner.

Oh my God, I LOVED the original show. Attractiveness is subjective, but the fact that they seem to have exclusively cast pretty, young people (or at least people who would qualify for Love is Blind) doesn't give me high hopes. Are the challenges difficult? I might get back to this in a couple months.