Type keyword(s) to search

Reasonable Doubt - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like how confusing it is. Who's a stalker, and who's a romantic, and who's charming but abusive, and who's quietly super-decent, and who's grandstanding, and who's needy, and who's a creep, and who's honest, and who's manipulative, and who's completely on the level and who's a victim, who's a perp... the way they drop information is confusing, and that explains why Jax herself is confused.

If good guys and bad guys were 100% one or the other, there'd be much less mess, on TV and in life. If all abusers were just blatant totoal monsters with neon signs that warn everyone immediately, no one would get away with anything. And if all the decent, reliable, sincere human beings were branded with "a good one" on their foreheads, nobody would ever have a bad relationship.

That scene with Lewis talking to the other husbands, and the sports guy is going full on misogyny and the other one is quietly and carefully and very mildly suggesting maybe stop being an asshole, take some responsibility, and treat your partner with respect... we knew nothing about the decent one at all until then, as far as I remember, and all the friends thought it was so awesome that the one snagged the sports guy-- what a catch! This is how it  is-- they don't know what's going on because they don't talk about it, good or bad, and they don't feel like it's safe to do so. The one doesn't brag about her happy marriage of equals. The other hints that things are not great, but doesn't go into details. The lesbian didn't even want to admit her "roommate" was her girlfriend. It's sad. These people were supposedly close friends. But everybody's hiding something.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I love the series , but what kinda series has 9 episodes?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  Why not 10?

I felt like I was done so dirty by the way they did Daniel.  Why did they have to make him such a creep throughout the show?  But he was kind of a hero in the end.  It would have been nice for Jax and Lewis to give him a nice moment, something, I don't even know if Lewis said thank you to him even once, he just kept hanging up on him! 😄

That closing song "Alright" by Freeway has always been one of my favourites.  Felt so good to hear it again.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why did they have to make him such a creep throughout the show?

I thought of him as awkward more than creepy. If the show continues, I hope he and the officer end up dating.

Nice of them to leave a cliffhanger. I'm not mad at the friend for dispensing with her husband.

• Love 2

S01•E09 - Already Home

So, it was Brayden Miller all along. Lame.

The kidnapping plot wasn’t necessary and it was poorly done. It’s only there to incite the suicide.

Jax was surrounded with self-centered, narcissistic men. Brayden was triggered when Kaleesha called him “ashy n*gga”. And Damon was triggered when Jax questioned his self potential. Then all hell breaks loose.

Jax doesn’t deserve Lewis. It’s so convenient for her to return to Lewis after all that happened.

Am I interested in Jamarion JT Tucker’s murder mystery for S2? Not really. 😣

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The kidnapping plot wasn’t necessary and it was poorly done. It’s only there to incite the suicide.

It was odd that they showed her moving on so quickly after the suicide. I can't remember if there was a time jump or not in the final moments, but I would have hoped to see her do some sort of reflection on how the incident with Damon could have been avoided had she acted more ethically in their initial interactions.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am I interested in Jamarion JT Tucker’s murder mystery for S2? Not really. 😣

LOL, I'm not sure there's any mystery to it!  She had a bruise on her cheek.  He hit her, she shot him!  That's what I'm assuming anyway.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 4/17/2023 at 2:26 PM, AnimeMania said:

Onyx Collective’s ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Renewed for Season 2, Morris Chesnut Added to Cast

Morris Chesnut will play charming, media-savvy defense attorney Corey Cash, whose client roster is typically full of underdogs. After bringing Corey in to help on a high-profile case, Jax learns he could threaten her standing at the firm.

Nice. But are Michael Ealy and Morris Chestnut obligated to appear on the same shows and movies? They both were on “Being Mary Jane.” I can’t think of another example, but I feel like there are more.