Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

47 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

If you got all five, there were two * (Monday and Tuesday) :)

Wow! Thank you. I remember Monday feeling very easy to me (IEIYKI), and just presumed at least one of them got it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Clanstarling- thanks for the list and the updates on @saber5055and @PBnJay.  I can't quite believe it but I went 5/5 with 2*.  For the Model T, I have lived all but the first couple of days of my life in Dearborn, MI - if I had gotten that wrong, I would have had to turn in my trivia license. 

The States and witches were more educated guesses than knowing for sure.  Again, recent tv habits to the rescue for the Tower (although Tudor History is a long-term favorite area anyway) and Law & Order.  

The pasta and charcuterie look yummy - I will add a green salad with a favorite sweet Vidalia onion dressing which should go well with them.  

• Fire 1
  • Applause 7
On 1/22/2023 at 3:23 AM, 30 Helens said:

2/5 for me: Witches and Law and Order, oh my!

In lieu of bringing anything to the table, I send a pitcher of witches brew to PBnJay and a chocolate torte to Saber. Salut!

Those were my exact 2/5 this week as well!
Maybe that's a sign that Dick Wolf needs to develop L&O: Salem.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Week seventeen: four of five, no asterisks.

Week eighteen: two of five, no asterisks.

Week nineteen: three of five with the asterisk for Arkansas. That's assuming that I get credit for answering the chapel of St. Peter ad Vincula for the Tower of London. That's actually where the three queens were buried. It's one of the creepiest parts of the Tower tour - they mention that their heads were placed at their feet in the coffin!

My apologies for being so late in reporting. My 99-year-old Mom woke up with severe stomach pains recently and ended up in the hospital for a gallbladder removal. I stayed in the hospital with her, so I had limited access to the internet. Though Mom and I continued to watch Jeopardy every night. She's a big fan! (and she's healing nicely)

• Hugs 10
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, j5cochran said:

My apologies for being so late in reporting. My 99-year-old Mom woke up with severe stomach pains recently and ended up in the hospital for a gallbladder removal. I stayed in the hospital with her, so I had limited access to the internet. Though Mom and I continued to watch Jeopardy every night. She's a big fan! (and she's healing nicely)

OMG! Glad she’s healing nicely!

Saw this on Facebook today.

8EBCD488-6F4C-4862-BB1A-1B0380D6728B.jpeg

Edited by zoey1996
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

And I'm back to my typical score of
1/5 for Week 20. 
It was Monday's Tropic of Capricorn, so I think what ever had me doing so well last week just petered out after Monday. 

Since I'm *still* fighting illness, here are some Vitamin C rich Clementines:

image.png.47d56b6cf12d7347d6aa9e608e2b504d.png

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1

Wow!!!!!! I got 5/5 this week. Which I think means one *?

I thought of the right biopic immediately today, wasn't 100% sure, but stuck with it, and it paid off. Phew!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 7

Week 20 – Jan. 23, 2023 – one asterisk

89. Astronomy and Geography - At the winter solstice, the Sun is in Sagittarius; it once appeared in this constellation, giving a geographic feature its name

90. Foreign Born Authors - In the 1950s the New York Times said this author "is writing about all lust" & his lecherous narrator "is all of us"

91. Landmarks - Pskov & Nizhny Novgorod are 2 of the cities that have a fortress called this

92. History - Returning home in 1493, Columbus stopped in the Azores at an island with this name, also something he'd lost off the Haiti coast

*93.World Cinema - The 2007 biopic called "La Mome" in France, meaning "The Kid", was released in the U.S. under this other French title

14 hours ago, Fex said:

Wow!!!!!! I got 5/5 this week. Which I think means one *?

I thought of the right biopic immediately today, wasn't 100% sure, but stuck with it, and it paid off. Phew!!!!!

Yep!

I had 3/5 this week. Not bad for me.

For the biopic, I was all...that French Singer....that famous song! Sadly, I couldn't remember it, even though under any other circumstances I would have...sigh.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 5

A real bummer of a week for me with 0/5 and, of course, 0*.

I think my brain was just being lazy, like it didn't even want to try.  Maybe it will be sharper next week.

I will bring onion rings to the table for 0. And maybe a couple of dipping sauces.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 6

3/5 no * 

Missed Nabakov in addition to French biopic. I only got Monday right because I am a Capricorn so that came to mind first. Jeopardy taught me that any Russian fortress is a Kremlin, not only THE KREMLIN, and Santa Maria sounded like a Portuguese island. 

I will bring a king cake each week until Mardi Gras. This week’s is a strawberry cream cheese filled 🍓

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, DXD526 said:

1/5. Monday and bust.

Thursday's clue was a little oddly written, IMO. I didn't even think of the ships. I was like, his favorite teddy bear? His innocence? The TV remote? 

I went with “Innocence,” a common response on 1970s The Match Game😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3/5 this week, which for me is pretty awesome!

I like to make a correlation between the dish(es) I bring and the FJ(s) I got right, but I don’t know what to do with Capricorn, Nabokov and Santa Maria... How about an Italian bread boat stuffed with goat cheese, along with a shot of vodka?

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4

4/5 with one * - although Friday's guess was a Hail Mary since it was the only French bio pic I could think of and I am amazed I got the name to the correct part of my brain in time. Not sure I would have spelled Nabokov correctly if I had to but I definitely knew who he was.  

I didn't get Capricorn - long day at work Monday and as I mentioned in the Murdoch Mysteries forum, I barely got home in time to eat a bite before FJ and Murdoch.  

Not sure what to contribute food-wise so will bring some Sangria to warm our souls!

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Week 21: 2/5 with 1*
YTD: 49/105 (47%) with 8*

Bookends this week - Monday and Friday.

I'll bring some hot cocoa marshmallow kettle corn for the table. Had some earlier and it was pretty tasty. (Might be a seasonal flavor; bought it around Christmas and finally opened it today.)

image.png.9645c1b9f8ab42b333e1504033e7b7ed.png

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 4

Just here to lower the curve:
Week 21: 0/5

• since Holocaust List doesn't count
  • Oregon doesn't earn a half
  • reading all of Austen's works 6+ times didn't help
  • etc.
  • etc.

I don't have anything 0 shaped, but since it's currently:
   2.7°F   or  -16°C
with a windchill of:  
-16.2°F   or  -27°C
——how about some hot cocoa/chocolate?

image.png.a74ba427bb8af7ab6f64410e7f6500f1.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Week 21:  2/5, no *, which feels like a huge win because I'm breaking my streak of (mumble mumble) misses and finishing up the week strong with correct answers on Thursday & Friday.  Let's hope my winning streak lasts at least as long as my losing streak did!  (fat chance)

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1