Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Week 16: 2/5 for Grace and Frankie and The Velveteen Rabbit
——unless Hoover Dam counts for Lake Meade.

I have a bag of Mandarin oranges if anyone here would like some.

Same and same. And have those on my shopping list. 

• Like 4

2/5: Grace & Frankie + Lake Mead. Although the second was a pre-guess, so I’m giving myself imaginary extra bonus points. (Try and stop me.)

This week, I’m making a big pot of blackeyed peas to bring everyone good luck for the New Year. Happy 2023, everyone!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Somehow ended the year with 5/5 with a lucky Hail Mary guess for Battle of New Orleans based on knowing it was fought after the hostilities had ended.  Had read about Dolly Parton somewhere recently, knew the Velveteen Rabbit through osmosis (don't think I ever read it), went through a mythology fascination years ago and so Eos was there somewhere (the lip balm helped) and I think I heard the Lake Mead factoid sometime this past year. 

I made oyster stew with garlic bread for New Years instead of Christmas Eve this year - happy to share. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 2

1/5 for Lake Mead. I might have gotten 2, but would have to go check the archives. I had 5 days without Wi-Fi or tv…I read  lot of books 📚 I was also isolating due to a Covid exposure (Whew…didn’t come down with it) so I haven’t been shopping either. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 2

Week 17: 4/5 with a lot of luck.  Wednesday I thought of Russia, Turkey, then Colombia, and 1903 reminded me of the Panama Canal.  Friday, like one of the contestants, I first thought Cook but changed to Bligh.

• Applause 5
20 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

3/5.  Would've been 4, but I discarded the idea of the Mona Lisa.

I wanted to discard it too, but couldn’t think of anything else so luckily kept it. I was sure it was incorrect. 

3/5 missed Columbia & Bligh; guessed Panama (too obvious lol) and Cook. Was thinking about the Bounty, but then I would have said Fletcher Christian and would have been wrong regardless. 

• Like 4

Please join me at Table 2 for dinner and a movie! This week’s showing: The Godfather. I will be bringing a big pan of lasagne and a bottle of red wine, which we can use to toast my muse, Mona Lisa. Viva l’Italia!

• Like 2
  • Applause 6

3/5 with Godfather, Bligh and Mona Lisa (I can again thank Britbox/Acorn viewing for the latter two - Islands of the Pacific and World's Greatest Paintings if I am not mistaken).  I couldn't get my brain to summon up Allende and South American geography is a weak point although I was 85% sure it was the correct continent. 

If the table for 2 will allow an interloper, I will happily bring a Caesar salad and garlic bread to the feast. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1