Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

3/5 1*

After weeks of 1 or 2 out of 5 I am pleased to finally have a passing score.

Merry Christmas to everyone.  If you don't celebrate, then have a very pleasant December 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

2/5 with 1*: Someday I really must read Charlotte’s Web.

Whaaa…? Yes, you should. It’s been a long time since my last rereading, but even though it’s a childrens’ book, I think it could be enjoyed by any age.

• Like 4

Week fifteen: two of five - no asterisk. 

I tried an experiment, to make a treat for my bro-in-law who can't have caffeine or chocolate. I made browned butter blondies. Fabulous! I'll make another batch to share.

Edited by j5cochran
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3/5 (in the holiday hubbub, I lost track of what was an *) but I got Santa, Charlotte's Web and Evangeline [with a poetry and history loving Nova Scotia born, New England raised Father Grundoon I didn't have much choice on getting that one]. 

Laughed out loud at having missed Milk Duds - what a great origin story.  I kept muttering "you know, that artist whose art disappeared" but came no where close to getting Banksy [and I realize that is a small part of his artistic history but it was what popped in my brain]

Happy, healthy and safe holidays wishes to all!  Grundoon holiday tradition includes strawberry jello salad which has 3 ingredients and which I will happily share. 

Edited by Grundoon59
spelling error
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Week fifteen: two of five - no asterisk. 

I tried an experiment, to make a treat for my bro-in-law who can't have caffeine or chocolate. I made browned butter blondies. Fabulous! I'll make another batch to share.

Maybe we need a Final Jeopardy Contest Recipes thread?

2 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

I kept muttering "you know, that artist whose art disappeared" but came no where close to getting Banksy [and I realize that is a small part of his artistic history but it was what popped in my brain]

If we were on a team, we'd have gotten it. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Speaking of Banksy, we watched a show called "The Outlaws" on Prime (I think), which was about a group of disparate people who had to do public service. It is  a comedy/drama. Pretty good. Anyway what they were tasked to do was rehab a community center, and one of the scenes had them painting over a Banksy. As it turned out, it was a real Banksy that he did for the show.  Blew my mind that it was a real Banksy.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Speaking of Banksy, we watched a show called "The Outlaws" on Prime (I think), which was about a group of disparate people who had to do public service. It is  a comedy/drama. Pretty good. Anyway what they were tasked to do was rehab a community center, and one of the scenes had them painting over a Banksy. As it turned out, it was a real Banksy that he did for the show.  Blew my mind that it was a real Banksy.

I remember reading something about that. Never saw the show, though.

3/5 1*.

We discussed the Here Comes Santa Claus at the office Christmas party and my boss thinks I'm super smart for loving J! He says he only gets two or three right each show. But he keeps watching, which maybe says something about why I think he's a good boss.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Prevailing Wind, you and I should team up.  I had never heard of Monday's FJ TV show, but I got the other days, so 4/5.

Through week 16: 55/80.

Edited by Driad
  • Like 6

5/5 All were pretty much instagets for me this week. I’ve been on a few school trips to Chalmette Battlefield, site of the Battle of New Orleans, as both a student and a chaperone. 

Happy New Year!!! 🎆 Wishing everyone the best in 2023! 

• Applause 8
  • Love 1