Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

“Insomnia Jeopardy”— love it. I should be up for a round in another hour or two.

3/5 this week! (Brown, night owl, Vienna)

This week, I bring a pot of cinnamon coffee for my fellow night owls and a new doctor for Saber. (So sorry about that. The same thing happened to my sister, although hers was dismissed as IBD. Fortunately, she continues to persevere and thrive.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Another Night Owl at the T41 here. 
You re making me nervous. I’m having weight loss issues too. I’m under 80 lbs, but my Dr isn’t addressing it because it’s likely due to all the dental work I’ve endured over the last 18 months. 

• Hugs 9
  • Sad 1

Like others here, I'm a total night owl, and have been since childhood!

Olives for me are a love/hate situation. Love black olives, hate green ones.

This week was the opposite of last week, when I knew Mon-Wed, but missed Thu and Fri. 2/5. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

I’m not an early bird or a night owl, I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon!

Not really a joke. I have about 30 minutes mid-day when I can actually feel somewhat energetic and get things done. I've been like that as long as I can remember.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 4

5/5 with 2 C* I got Brazil because of World Cup coverage, and Sarah because one of my twin Toothbrushes loves the series. 1950’s court case is pretty much always Brown in my mind, and night owl was all I could think of for a person with nocturnal habits. Coincidentally my sister & I were in Vienna at this time in 2018. 

• Applause 8

Week 12 • Nov. 28, 2022 — ONE asterisk
* 51. Children’s Authors. Reversing the story of this heroine she created, Patricia Maclachlan was born on the prairie but spent much of her life in New England.  *
52. Names in U.S. History. This father was the only man among the 13 plaintiffs in a class-action case filed in 1951.
53. Flags of Our Hemisphere. The stars on this country’s flag represent states, 26 of them; unlike the USA’s, its “federal district” gets its own 27th star.
54. Language & Its Meanings. Now meaning someone with nocturnal habits, it catches a sleeping dove in Shakespeare’s “…Lucrece.”
55. World Capitals. Among its nicknames are the “City of Classical Music” &, possibly in honor of a famous resident from 1860 to 1938, the “City of Dreams.”

• Thanks 1

4/5 with 1 * and 2 Chris * 

Quite the turnaround from last week. On Monday I knew a lot of people it WASN'T, but that didn't help. I did love all the Carol Ryrie Brink love; I grew up where she lived at the end of her life and spent many hours at her museum. (So I definitely never thought of her, knowing she ended up nowhere near New England!)

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

Week twelve: three of five with the one asterisk and therefore one of the C-asterisks.

It seems that every time I miss the show and try to catch up via theJeopardyFan.com, I miss the correct solution. Argh! I'm stuck with choir and bell choir practices twice a week until after Christmas. I think I need another slice of pie.

• Hugs 2
  • Love 3

Color me pleased but amazed to be at 5/5 with one * (and whatever that means for C*).  I got Sarah based on the Glenn Close movies.  Brazil came easily I think because of a recent rewatch of Michael Palin's travel series.  No explanation for the others but they came to mind pretty quickly.

I made some pretty good (if I do say so myself) turkey noodle soup over the weekend - tried out a new recipe but will be glad to share.  Also hope everyone is willing to have some Grundoon birthday cake which will be chocolate with chocolate frosting - I am a 12/6 baby. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
1 hour ago, Grundoon59 said:

Also hope everyone is willing to have some Grundoon birthday cake which will be chocolate with chocolate frosting - I am a 12/6 baby. 

A St. Nicholas Day baby! I'll bring everyone stockings with a piece of fruit in the toe and hard candy, walnuts, and foil covered chocolate coins filling the rest. Your birthday is the official start of the Christmas season in the Good Queen's Domain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Week 13: 2/5 no *, one C *

YTD: 29/65 two *, two C *

I went to Salina for errands this week, and got a cherry shake at Braum's. I still need to get the cherry chipper Blizzard at DQ!

Edited by zoey1996
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

2/5 no asterisk.

I'll bring some of the chocolate bark I've been making - Jelly Belly Dark Chocolate Bark and Candy Cane White Chocolate Bark.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I didn't have a contribution this week...my mom and I are going to make chocolate chip cookies later. Semi-sweet or Extra-dark?

Since you got three - how about a mix of three types of chips? 😉

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I didn't have a contribution this week...my mom and I are going to make chocolate chip cookies later. Semi-sweet or Extra-dark?

Semisweet please 🍪

My week scored at 2/5 

I’ll bring some hot chocolate to sun the cookies in. (There may be some Godiva booze for those of you who wish to spruce it up) 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2