Type keyword(s) to search

Season 39 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

image.png.bda3ae4b5e8c8e22143eb71d58b09eb0.pngA perfect(ly round) score! Since it's almost Thanksgiving I'll contribute a perfectly round apple pie.

51 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

0/5. Let’s just say I was sitting back and enjoying the TOC.  Totally worth it, so far!

Week 10: 0/5
Will one pie be enough for us zeros, or do we need another pie?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Another perfect week - 0!

Week 10: 0/5 no *

YTD: 20/50 one *

As American Thanksgiving approaches, how about a pumpkin pie?  image.png.dc030fd6a2a50880343c88e467863ebb.png

1 hour ago, Trey said:

2/5 0*

I got Monday and Friday.

I have lots of mini chocolate bars left from Halloween - I'll bring those so we aren't still eating them at Easter.

We finished off our Hallowe'en minis yesterday. We enjoyed them very much! But there's never too much chocolate!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Week 10 • Nov. 14, 2022 — TWO asterisk
41. Geogra-Flee. In July 2022 the ousted President of this country fled west across the Indian Ocean to the Maldives.
* 42. Name’s The Same. Name shared by a Victorian novelist & an 1805 flagship captain whose name is heard in a famous phrase.  *
43. The New Testament. Paul’s letter to them is the New Testament epistle with the most Old Testament quotations.
* 44. Movies & Literature. Ridley Scott’s first feature film, “The Duellists”, was based on a story by this author to whom Scott’s film “Alien” also pays tribute. *
45. English Cities. William the Conqueror’s son built a fortress on a key Northern river in 1080, giving this city its name.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I'm a whopping 3/15 during the TOC. 🤦‍♀️ As far as the FJ Contest goes, I should NOT be hoping for a Game 7! (But I am. 🙂 )

I'm only 2/15, if it makes you feel any better.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1/5 with no * although my brain was struggling mightily to come up with Conrad for Thursday.  I have to again give credit to watching a lot of Britbox and Acorn historical programming for getting me to Newcastle with time to spare.  I do vaguely remember visiting there in person when I was lucky enough to spend a summer in Great Britain during college. 

I will happily bring whipped toppings and ice cream if I am allowed to join the pie table. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

0/5.

My mind went to Hebrews for Wednesday's FJ, but I knew that the experts had removed Paul as its author, so I chose Romans thinking it was a trick clue on the writers' part. The burden of too much knowledge!

But since I love pie most of all desserts, I will happily join the pie table. I will bring a honey vinegar pie, which is surprisingly delicious.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

But since I love pie most of all desserts, I will happily join the pie table. I will bring a honey vinegar pie, which is surprisingly delicious.

Tell me more...

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Does cheesecake count as pie? My wife got me a Godiva cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday, boy is it rich but I love it.

It's sweet, it's round, you serve it in slices. I'd say it qualifies. 😉

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Does cheesecake count as pie? My wife got me a Godiva cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday, boy is it rich but I love it.

image.thumb.png.733a47d58253aa6d279f0c9eb0f32928.png

I used to work at a B&N with a cafe where we carried CF chocolate cheesecake by the slice. So tempting (though my personal favorite is a simple plain cheesecake topped with cherry).

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

2/5 no * I had no idea for Monday or Tuesday, and guessed Lovecraft for Thursday. Didn’t know there was controversy around Paul writing to the Hebrews so I didn’t overthink beyond Old Testament must be Hebrews. Newcastle was pretty much an instaget  

I will bring sautéed mushrooms and mac’n’cheese - the 2 side dishes I am bringing for Thanksgiving. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm very happy to be at the ROUND PIE table this week. I love pie, and always asked for a Birthday Pie instead of cake when it's that time of year. Which it is in ten days. My birthday present is my third round of chemo on that day, so Happy Birthday to me. I will try to bring a pie home with me afterward. My problem is, ALL pie is delicious. Which to choose?

• Hugs 13
  • Applause 1

Week ten: a big, fat zero! (I did a little looking in my files, and found that the last time I scored a zero was Week 16 of the 2021-2022 season. It was in the middle of Amy's original run, as I was tracking the Amysterisks at the time.)

All of my favorite pies are already named for the T40, so I guess I'll have to experiment and make a Boston Creme Pie!

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Hmmm…so many of us at the nil table that I’ll add a Pi pie to make sure there’s enough for all

Yes! The pie that goes to infinity and beyond!

Week 10 is in the books and here's how we all did ... or didn't. 30 players reported. Two scored an asterisk, no mean feat during this tough tourney. Special mention to Dankesean and TheArtandSound. It's good there will be plenty of pie since there are 15 of us at the pie table. Woo hoo! Table for 1 is pretty crowded too, with an even 10 occupants. Well done! The T42 has four members, a nice size for a dinner party. The T43 only has one occupant, and that person is the Winner of Week 10, none other than the very pretty @dankesean. Congratulations Dankesean for topping this week, a stellar achievement indeed.

And in keeping with the theme, you are awarded what is considered the most beautiful trophy in the world, personalized just for you. SCORE!

1976243228_fifasm.jpg.ccdfe29e3f3f284126fa95eb5551d7d6.jpg

• Applause 5
  • Love 4

4/5, no *. 

Friday: when I was a child in some previous century, my family went to Yellowstone Park.  We took a short trip into Montana just so we would have been in Montana.  Anyway I said Yellowstone County, not knowing if there is any such county, but good enough.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1

Week 11: 3/5
YTD: 22/55 (40%)

Feeling better about myself after only getting two in the entire TOC (my three this week did not include Monday's final TOC game).

I have a pot of chocolate truffle tea brewing in the kitchen if anyone's interested. To fit in with the theme of three: it contains cocoa, teeny-tiny chocolate chips, and cocoa nibs.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1

Was 3/3 after Wednesday's game, and was thinking maybe this week would be the one for that elusive 5/5! But, alas, was shut out the rest of the week, so, 3/5. 

While not perfect, at least it's a nice recovery from last week's big biscuit. The TOC was rough, FJ-wise.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1