Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Finale Part I

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

But Gabby is not vain. She has issues due to her mother. I think she is a kinder person than Rachel is.

In addition, the producers really didn't showcase her pre-bachelor accomplishments very well. She was a very successful pro cheerleader who also worked as an ICU nurse. 

It surprises me but then doesn't surprise me that the show focuses on the leads jobs constantly or the leads virginity but then hardly mentioned Gabby being an ICU nurse especially during the pandemic which is a very noble thing that should be repeated a few times. And i'm even more surprised that they didn't mention her being a cheerleader for the NFL which seems like something the show usually would harp on.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Rachel's face looks different.  Kind of puffy.  Please tell me it's not fillers.

Totally agree. I couldn’t figure out what’s different. I wondered if it was just that I’d never seen her mouth shut. She was always grinning, kissing or talking with that affected voice. 
The show is basically over so she’s dropped the silly voice and the “real Rachel” is a bitch. 

Edited by MissPriss
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

I feel like the Erich just wanting to date thing is going to be a "just kidding" moment in the next episode. He's said a lot of times that he's all in with her and ready to propose and I think the show is trying to make this into a joke. I have a feeling he is going to just want it to be a surprise that he's proposing and wants to throw her off.

I don’t think it’s a just kidding moment. I think he’s all in and if you love someone you’re not going to joke about being serious to the point of making her cry. I think it’s all scripted and they’re both playing their parts in the show's script. Could tell Erich was uncomfortable about even doing both this segment and the one last week on the bridge. I could even tell Gabby was having performance anxiety before the balcony talk, it’s difficult to be intimate with the person you love and say/do what you want when there’s so many other people in the room right next to you as they showed when the cams panned out. After they rushed the 1st part of the season where no one could barely get to know each other much less have us remember their names, they’re really dragging the end. All this drama for an extended episode yesterday and 3h 😳 next week! 

I like Zach and Aven for Bachelor but after what a disaster this season was m, I’m not sure another dual season is the best for anyone. This was so not a problem on Joe millionaire where even though the leads didn’t stick with their picks, it was more enjoyable to watch. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

It surprises me but then doesn't surprise me that the show focuses on the leads jobs constantly or the leads virginity but then hardly mentioned Gabby being an ICU nurse especially during the pandemic which is a very noble thing that should be repeated a few times. And i'm even more surprised that they didn't mention her being a cheerleader for the NFL which seems like something the show usually would harp on.

What’s the point anymore? Michelle’s narrative was teacher and she quit her career that she strived all her life for and was so passionate about to be an influencer. I doubt Gabs is going back to nursing or cheerleading after the show. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I almost wonder whether they purposefully told her to look stoic because she keeps vacillating between having a completely blank face and an occasional small smile.

By the end the contrast between Rachel's sad face ("I'm always fighting back tears, Jesse") and Gaby's smiling one made me think that Gabby got the ring and Rachel got nothing.  And while I can't stand Rachel and think she just wanted to "win" the ring, I hate that the show has come down to this and was always going to come down to this.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

By the end the contrast between Rachel's sad face ("I'm always fighting back tears, Jesse") and Gaby's smiling one made me think that Gabby got the ring and Rachel got nothing.  And while I can't stand Rachel and think she just wanted to "win" the ring, I hate that the show has come down to this and was always going to come down to this.

I think they both got the ring but something transpired post proposal per those clips they showed multiple times of Rachel and Tino arguing about lying. Looks like a rendezvous like they did with Peter/Maddie, Hannah/Jed, Arie/Becca. I’m already berating myself for likely agreeing with Tino, who I don’t like on whatever that is just like I did yesterday with Zach and Aven because IMO they were right and she was nuts, yet they both took the high road and chose to take the fall and apologize for basically being logical but not on the same page as her. Even Jesse was apologetic, everyone was continuing to enable Rachel’s irrational mindset. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I think they both got the ring but something transpired post proposal per those clips they showed multiple times of Rachel and Tino arguing about lying. Looks like a rendezvous like they did with Peter/Maddie, Hannah/Jed, Arie/Becca. I’m already berating myself for likely agreeing with Tino, who I don’t like on whatever that is just like I did yesterday with Zach and Aven because IMO they were right and she was nuts, yet they both took the high road and chose to take the fall and apologize for basically being logical but not on the same page as her. Even Jesse was apologetic, everyone was continuing to enable Rachel’s irrational mindset. 

Spoiler

I think you’re right. Last night I assumed it was all during their final date. But I watched the clip again, and some of the drama had Tino in an army green shirt, which I assume was from the final date. But most of the drama/tears/fighting/accusations had Tino in a black or navy shirt with slightly longer hair, so I think that was A Very Special Breakup Meeting after filming. So it’s possible Rachel got her ring after all, but then realized the hard way that maybe all the rest of her suitors were on to something when they suggested seeing how the relationship progresses in the real world without cameras. From what they showed us, it wasn’t good.

This actually is not a spoiler but since I’m analyzing the preview, putting it in spoiler tags just in case.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

Yes, this!
When I found out Gabby was going to appear on DWTS I looked for videos of her cheerleading and was surprised to see not only just how good she was but that there was also footage available of her working as an ICU nurse. And yes, she had to deal with COVID and was right in the thick of it working at a hospital in 2020 when the pandemic started.
There are interviews of Gabby the beautiful cheerleader who also has brains and worked as an ICU nurse filmed before her time on any  Bach show. Why the producers never used any of this is perplexing. I hate to think the show preferred to portray both girls as neurotic flakes.

• Applause 8
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I hate to think the show preferred to portray both girls as neurotic flakes.

Neurotic flakes is right.  I actually questioned the other day how Gabby could even be an ICU nurse.  She didn't even seem close to having the emotional stability or the smarts to be a nurse, let alone in the ICU.  To me, she was portrayed as a bit of a dimwit.  Nice girl, I suppose, but a dimwit.

• Love 5

I am kind of disappointed that they are dragging out this finale so much. We pretty much know what happens. If there is any surprise that will be great. 

I am ready for it to be over and now it is going to be another week. Since it is live now, does anyone think Rachel will get with Aven again? Or has he learned his lesson?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melonie77 said:

I wonder why Gabby went with a brunette hair color for the Bachelor/ette shows. I think she looks nicer as a blonde.

I like her much better as a brunette.  With the blonde hair, she just looks like everybody else.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mswldflwr said:

Neurotic flakes is right.  I actually questioned the other day how Gabby could even be an ICU nurse.  She didn't even seem close to having the emotional stability or the smarts to be a nurse, let alone in the ICU.  To me, she was portrayed as a bit of a dimwit.  Nice girl, I suppose, but a dimwit.

I am not sure either.  She is very sensitive and seems like me to be the type who would have emotional burnout from nursing. If she worked in a surgical ICU, a lot of the patients are passed out asleep, and there are minimal visits.  Maybe that would be less stressful for such an emotional person.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 1

One of the most baffling bits here was when Rachel was saying how Zach "questioned her character" or something. When did he do that? Did we miss a scene? He just said that he felt like she wasn't interested in him and wanted to go, and given her "whatever" reaction to him leaving he was totally right. But then that's Rachel, she just hates the idea of anyone not being totally all about her. 

Rachel seems to be like she just wants that sweet ring to show off on all of the magazine covers to show that she "won" the Bachelorette, she hasn't really thought about anything that comes after her big moments when the guy goes down on one knee as the music swells. She seems to really be all about that engagement moment, not about the actual relationship that is supposed to follow one. Both Gabby and Rachel are scarily obsessed with getting engaged, even by this shows standards, but Rachel is probably the worst. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

One of the most baffling bits here was when Rachel was saying how Zach "questioned her character" or something. When did he do that? Did we miss a scene?

According to him it’s something that transpired in the fantasy suite last week that we didn’t see and was baffling because their after breakfast was awkward and then Zach met with Jesse and said she did a 180 and was a completely different person behind closed doors than who he was falling in love with. No details were expressed besides her questioning his age, he’s 25 and a year younger. And she probably questioned other stuff which in a relationship is what one should do, but I think it’s her delivery. From what I saw during that breakfast and in her pow wows with Aven yesterday, she comes off as condescending when the other person has a different opinion or is not “on the same page” as her and she is unable to maturely discuss differences and try to work through them, it’s just her way or no way and that’s what had been so frustrating for the guys. When you go from telling a person you’re completely falling for them and then spend all the alone time pointing out their flaws, it was probably a shock to Zach. Maybe he even saw negative characteristics that she has displayed to us on tv that he may not have seen in their previous not enough dates love bubble. 🤷🏻‍♀️ When he said he was leaving, he told her fantasy suites changed their dynamic and it was clear to him that the chemistry they had before overnights was gone because she wasn’t in to him like he was into her so he chose to walk out in private than go through the RC. She was pissed she didn’t get to eliminate him herself and went to the other guys basically saying how dare he question my character. That’s what he apologized for on the live show. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, alexa said:

Rachel doesn’t want someone that wants a thoughtful relationship…just a pretend one.  She is so dramatic.  Go Aven.

Aven was being honest and approaching things like a normal person. I don't understand why her friends didn't try to talk some sense into her. I couldn't believe that Rachel accused him of "yelling" at her. She's too much. I agree with everyone on here who says she just wanted her fairy tale ending and her ego couldn't take the fact that she might just end up with a boyfriend.

Big Tony seems nice enough, but he'd be a trip as a father-in-law. I've known overly emotional families and they take a LOT of energy. It doesn't get better.....

Edited by queta
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Rachel seems to be like she just wants that sweet ring to show off on all of the magazine covers to Both Gabby and Rachel are scarily obsessed with getting engaged, even by this shows standards, but Rachel is probably the the worst.

Yes.  It is all about showing off that Neil Lane rock on social media and on Us Weekly.  But getting engaged to the wrong person in front of a TV audience is embarrassing as hell.

They should talk to Rebecca about how  it  feels when you get engaged on this show and your guy makes a fool of you.  I still cringe when I remember her yelling, "Rebecca Luyendyk!" after the proposal.  Ugh.  

• Love 6

While I sort of respect the guys for questioning whether they are ready for an engagement this soon, that is the premise of the show, and unless they've been living under a rock, they know what is expected of them. They should also know that most engagements on this show either end without a marriage, or last for several years so no one actually expects them to get married. 

Don't take this as me defending Rachel because she was a full on petulant child last night throwing tantrums. I'll hold out judgment on Gabby until we see more, because what we did see last night seemed heavily edited. Also, I just plain like that dingbat and I'm hoping things work out for her in a way that makes her happy.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I I saw a photo of [R] from a year or 2 ago and she was maybe 20 or so pounds slimmer. Now it looks like she has put on a few more pounds once again.

Well, you know, cruise ship food...and nothing but restaurant food after that. I bet that ship had gourmet chefs, and the cast and crew didn't have to fight hordes of other diners.

Been on two cruises, one on an upscale line and one low-middle. Food (I don't mean snacks) was out 24 hours a day...plus events like Midnight Chocolate Orgy...room service, anything you wanted off the RS menu, free, anytime...and of course huge meals. It was actually shocking to me, there had to be so much waste.    

5 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I could’ve sworn I saw a preview last week of Jesse sitting down with Zach for an interview and Zach ripping Rachel apart but they didn’t show that 

I tend to ignore the previews as they are often edited to be misleading. Zach was very classy last night, citing incompatibility  and not being specific--but it was clear he was holding back. How did the prima donna behave away from the cameras? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, dizzyd said:

. I doubt Gabs is going back to nursing or cheerleading after the show. 

She is a very accomplished woman. Maybe the producers think it would be too intimidating to the men if they dwelled on that. They don't seem to go much into what the guys do for a living either, all we hear is that they are in "meatballs" ("aficionado"), "construction,"  "real estate analysis," etc.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I think it was last week (?) she said, "I used to be an ICU nurse." And it is strange the cheerleading is never talked about.  Did that come to some kind of really bad end? 

She cheered for five years and won a big award. 

28CAD1E9-C08B-4485-95F8-E04E87490318.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

One of the most baffling bits here was when Rachel was saying how Zach "questioned her character" or something. When did he do that? Did we miss a scene? He just said that he felt like she wasn't interested in him and wanted to go, and given her "whatever" reaction to him leaving he was totally right. But then that's Rachel, she just hates the idea of anyone not being totally all about her. 

I think it’s because he said that she hadn’t been genuine given “how different” she was in the fantasy suite.  He implied she had played him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Rachel seems to be like she just wants that sweet ring to show off on all of the magazine covers to show that she "won" the Bachelorette, she hasn't really thought about anything that comes after her big moments when the guy goes down on one knee as the music swells. She seems to really be all about that engagement moment, not about the actual relationship that is supposed to follow one. Both Gabby and Rachel are scarily obsessed with getting engaged, even by this shows standards, but Rachel is probably the worst. 

Rachel's  mistake is that she wasn't focusing on her own feelings about the guys. If you're in love with someone,  you're willing to wait until he's ready. It shouldn't be about which guy is ready to be engaged, it needs to be about which guy she loves.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Wow, this season is a train wreck. I don't know if it's due to the women they chose or  having two leads, but clearly it didn't work. The men had even less time with the Bachelorette than usual, so it makes sense that they wouldn't be ready to propose after just a couple of weeks of time with them. Yet both women are blubbering messes because they aren't getting their engagements. 

Watching Aven with Rachel... I just kept thinking he sounded so reasonable, and she sounded neurotic and irrational. It was painful watching it. It was repetitive. He kept saying the same thing: "I'm into you but I need more time to date you before getting engaged. It's a big commitment and I take it seriously." What was so wrong with what he was saying? I respect his candor and that he was truthful with her. I wish he hadn't apologized to her as I don't think he did anything wrong, but I guess he was being a gentleman. 

I'm glad Zach escaped. Sounds like he got a glimpse of the true Rachel sans cameras and it wasn't pretty. 

What an absolute mess! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I think it was last week (?) she said, "I used to be an ICU nurse." And it is strange the cheerleading is never talked about.  Did that come to some kind of really bad end? 

Ok how does someone as young as gaby retire from nursing ? Most of my nurse friends have been working at least 29-30 years

• Fire 2
  • Love 1

I don't remember so many guys getting cold feet on any of the finales before! Must be because of promoting "choice" throughout the show because of their being 2 Bachelorettes.  Hey guys, you don't have to buy the ring and most of these engagements are temporary anyway!  Have these guys SEEN the show before or is their goal to go to BIP? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, nlkm9 said:

Ok how does someone as young as gaby retire from nursing ? Most of my nurse friends have been working at least 29-30 years

$$$

I don’t know what she got paid for the Bachelorette, but before the move to Disney +, you could earn from $125,000 for rehearsing and making it through the firs5 live show to $250,000 for winning.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

The same way you "retire" from being a teacher, attorney, or phlebotomist after being the bachelorette. There's more than enough money in social media/podcasting to change "careers." At least Gabby isn't pretending she's still going to be a nurse.  

• Love 4

Why are they dragging this finale. Give Rachel her death already. She looks miserable and can't even fake a smile or put on an act.   

Gabby was all smiling and happy looking at the end and Rachel look like she wanted to be anywhere else. 

This episode was all Rachel and her whining to everyone.  All these guys dodged a bullet. I believe she was a fake with no cameras and a different person. She's all about an engagement and nothing else. 

Gabby I think had to act serious during her one segment but the rest of show she's clearly happy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Yes but most of your friends probably haven’t become the bachelorette . Influencer , dwts , bachelorette = more of a salary than nursing .

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

This show peaked in its first season. The Trista, Ryan, Charlie triangle was some good TV. I remember being surprised for real with her choice.

Yes i was actually surprised when she picked Ryan. Social media has completely ruined this show, there were some truly great seasons before people were trying to cash in. I loved Aaron burges season even tho he was a bit of a himbo. Andrew firestones season was amazing, ,those were the days when the lead was a mystery. 

1 hour ago, Jillibean said:

The same way you "retire" from being a teacher, attorney, or phlebotomist after being the bachelorette. There's more than enough money in social media/podcasting to change "careers." At least Gabby isn't pretending she's still going to be a nurse.  

I was always impressed that Ashley Herbert stayed a dentist. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Yes i was actually surprised when she picked Ryan. Social media has completely ruined this show, there were some truly great seasons before people were trying to cash in. I loved Aaron burges season even tho he was a bit of a himbo. Andrew firestones season was amazing, ,those were the days when the lead was a mystery. 

I was always impressed that Ashley Herbert stayed a dentist. 

I give JP some credit.  Ashley wanted to get pregnant ASAP, but JP convinced her to finish her studies and get certified or whatever it is called for dentists, first.  

• Love 7
On 9/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, DEL901 said:

Rachel is coming off as the kind of person who wants to be exclusive after 1 date, move in after a week and start picking out wedding venues and China patterns after a month and then breaks up when the guy doesn’t want to move that fast.  

My eyes hurt from all the rolling during her segments. She's completely ridiculous, unreasonable, has zero self-awareness...she'd be a nightmare as a girlfriend or wife

• Love 4

Who knows if R is even a pilot. It said "flight instructor," maybe she runs the flight simulator. 

In contrast, per the Internet, Spencer (of this cast) attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he majored in business and medical engineering. Served in the Army’s 25th Infantry Division. Worked with AH-64 Apache and UH-60 Blackhawk aircraft. I'm sure temper tantrums, constant crying, and being all about Me-First would go over well in a real aviation/military team environment. Love to hear his opinion (unfiltered) of her.  

I'm wondering whether she told Zach multiple times that she was falling in love with him (or loved him) and then on FS was cold, and he saw she said this stuff to all of them. Anything to get a ring. "Politics and religion" were mentioned. Unfortunately in this especially heated era, these can be deal-breakers for people in dating (I went through it a few years back). IRL, you can probably pick this up in someone's profile or the first few dates.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

How sure are we that Rachel is an actual pilot and not just someone with a pilot's license?

I wonder if her family has a plane and she got her pilot's license to fly it. The Bachelor claimed she was a "pilot"? Does she actually make a living flying the Cessna?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But her face hasn't appeared puffy until these live episodes.  It looks different from the footage filmed in Mexico.

ooohhh!  Maybe the "shocking event leading to the most dramatic episode EVER"  is that Rachel is pregnant!!!!!!  some women show a softening of facial features pretty early on in pregnancy.  

or maybe all the crying has made her eyes and face swollen.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

How sure are we that Rachel is an actual pilot and not just someone with a pilot's license?

She was always identified as a “ flight instructor”

So did anyone notice that gaby looked different? The fillers in her lips calmed down and now her teeth look ginormous. She looks so much better without the lips .

never thought i would start the show living rachel disliking gabby and feeling 100% different now. 

• Love 3
On 9/13/2022 at 9:06 PM, Melonie77 said:

I do think Rachel, based on what we've seen of her personality is probably resentful that she did not get asked to do DWTS and Gabby did. I guess I don't blame her. She did mention in an interview that she would like to do the show. I don't think DWTS would have been against having both girls on the same season competing against each other. They could have done a narrative with this. Maybe they were afraid she would cancel rehearsals? Or I can see her saying she's canceling her dance during the live performance because the audience did not pay enough attention to her or clap hard enough during the intro sequence.🙃

Or it could be something as basic as Gabby has a better body for those little DWTS outfits. 

I feel exhausted watching Rachel carry on and pity the poor schmuck who ends up with her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Rachel has a fine body and there have been many different body types on DWTS. I don’t see that show as being any great accomplishment these days; the contestants are usually YouTube or TikTok “stars”. I also think the move to Disney will kill off that show.

I agree that Rachel and Gabby acted childish and entitled but there is nothing wrong with how Rachel looks or her accomplishments in life. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Rachel is just unbearable. Me me me me me. Jeez, I know she's one of the leads but can her head get any bigger? I think most of the guys were likely turned off during the Gabby fighting date when Rachel threw a tantrum because her guys weren't paying enough attention to her. It wasn't even her date and the guys were acting completely reasonable. 

At the end of Clayton's season, all of her crying made it seem like she was really in love with him and actually heartbroken, but as we can all see now, it doesn't take more than a guy looking in another direction to make her go into hysterics. She needs help and a show like this isn't for her.

• Love 6

I'm still waiting for the "most dramatic finale ever"- maybe I'm spoiled by trash TV 90 Day Fiancé knock-down, drag-out fights, but this episode did nothing for me in terms of drama. The fights weren't explosive and Aven wasn't even yelling.  I want door slamming, swearing, smeared mascara and stomping on marble hotel floors! Maybe there could be a 90 Day Fiancé Darcy & The Bachelorette crossover series "You NEVER loved me- you LIAR!" 😅

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 9/14/2022 at 2:08 PM, rlc said:

While I sort of respect the guys for questioning whether they are ready for an engagement this soon, that is the premise of the show, and unless they've been living under a rock, they know what is expected of them. They should also know that most engagements on this show either end without a marriage, or last for several years so no one actually expects them to get married. 

I wonder how many of the guys take it that seriously, how many are ACTUALLY ready to get engaged when they sign on to go on the show. I do respect the guys who realize they aren't ready. 

And when someone says "I'm falling in love with you," that doesn't mean they "love you." They're getting to that point of commitment, but then again, maybe they won't.

To me, it would be morally wrong to propose to someone with the thought that I could break it off after the show is over and the publicity has died down. Unless BOTH parties agreed to that, which is also very weird.  Do they get more money from the show if there is a proposal at the end?

I just think this whole two bachelorette idea is really stupid. If one gets a ring and one gets left, how can there not be feelings of jealousy, why not me?, etc. Both of these girls seem to have BIG issues and need to get themselves in a good place mentally and emotionally before they jump into marriage.  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I have a somewhat different perspective on what happened. The whole idea of this show is that it will end in a proposal. If you’re just going to date, you could go on Match.com for that. I don’t blame the women for being disappointed that no one wants to propose (they must have chosen smarter or wiser guys this time around). They came expecting a proposal; that’s the whole point of the show. They are both beautiful and interesting; I’m sure there is no shortage of guys who want to date them in real life. They didn’t need to do a reality show to get that. Plus, geographically, dating might not even be a practical option.

Of course the whole premise of “The Bachelorette” is ridiculous. You need more than just seeing someone occasionally over the course of eight weeks (guessing at the time period), to know if they’re your one and only. I completely get what the guys are saying. In a way, they are taking this more seriously than the guys who pop the question and break up two months later. Still, I definitely understand the disappointment from both women.

Edited by Blindfox
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5