Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E11: Finale Part I

• Start Topic

I also didn’t like Erich’s use of the word “obsessed”.  I know the kids use it all the time, but when he said it…is he obsessed with nabbing the ICU nurse his family likes?   I didn’t hear him say he lined her…or maybe I missed it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Is gabys mom there? I must have missed introductions 

The one blonde is her aunt. I think the other might be her step m9m.  She was far too empathetic to be Gabby’s mom.  

• Love 4
Just now, DEL901 said:

The one blonde is her aunt. I think the other might be her step m9m.  She was far too empathetic to be Gabby’s mom.  

Oh… wait didn’t Ben h do the unloveable thing? Gabys aunt is a doll.

• Love 4

Maybe unpopular opinion but I do think Gabby really loves Erich. I don’t think she is the type to get overly excitable. She’s probably had to hold her emotions inside a lot due to her mom’s emotional abuse. I think her getting emotional when doing that toast and talking with her Aunt are her signs that she really fell hard for Erich. 

Edited by GracieK
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
Just now, GracieK said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but I do think Gabby really loves Erich. I don’t think she is the type to get overly excitable. She’s probably had to hold her emotions inside a lot due to her mom’s emotional abuse. I think her getting emotional when doing that toast and talking with her Aunt see her signs that she really fell hard for Erich. 

I agree. Those were NODS OF LOVE

• LOL 4
Just now, dizzyd said:

I really like them together but her live face is not very promising. ☹️

I almost wonder whether they purposefully told her to look stoic because she keeps vacillating between having a completely blank face and an occasional small smile.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, alexa said:

So clearly I missed something…did Gabby get rid of everyone else at this point?  

Yes, she sent them both home on the overnights—Johnny before the overnight portion, and Jason left during the night, and then they officially broke up on camera in the morning.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, alexa said:

So clearly I missed something…did Gabby get rid of everyone else at this point?  

Both Johnny and Jacob expressed the same sentiments to Gabby that Zach did to Rachel. 

Well I was not expecting Tony to like Tino. Especially given how Tino represented himself to them. But I’m biased, I don’t like him. Guess we have to wait a whole week for the drama and tears. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 5

“All I talked about with my dad was sports.” Well, there’s your issue, bub. You were there to proclaim your true love to your family, and instead you were like, how about that sportsball? No wonder why dad assumed you’re not that into her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
Just now, phlebas said:

“I’m not concerned with what’s happening tomorrow, I just want to know what their future would be.”  Umm… what?

Does he mean, like, what they’re doing for dinner?

This and her friends expecting a quick engagement explains where Rachel is coming from. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, phlebas said:

“I’m not concerned with what’s happening tomorrow, I just want to know what their future would be.”  Umm… what?

Does he mean, like, what they’re doing for dinner?

4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

This and her friends expecting a quick engagement explains where Rachel is coming from. 

Once again, it’s all about the Neil Lane ending. Rachel’s not concerned about the actual marriage or whether whichever guy would make the best life partner, husband, and father to their future children. She wants the cover of People wearing a 2.5 carat sparkler. What happens after that is inconsequential.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Once again, it’s all about the Neil Lane ending. Rachel’s not concerned about the actual marriage or whether whichever guy would make the best life partner, husband, and father to their future children. She wants the cover of People wearing a 2.5 carat sparkler. What happens after that is inconsequential.

So she's the EveryBachelorette?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

“All I talked about with my dad was sports.” Well, there’s your issue, bub. You were there to proclaim your true love to your family, and instead you were like, how about that sportsball? No wonder why dad assumed you’re not that into her. 

I took his comment to mean that prior to that meeting with Rachel, Tino never really talked about his love life or relationships with his Dad. So, this was something new for him and perhaps confusing to his Dad. He even told Big Tony that yes, he had brought a few girlfriends home, but they weren't serious relationships.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Rachel is coming off as the kind of person who wants to be exclusive after 1 date, move in after a week and start picking out wedding venues and China patterns after a month and then breaks up when the guy doesn’t want to move that fast.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15

Even Bachelor in Paradise now gives couples still standing at the end a choice:  break up, get engaged, or leave together and keep dating. 

Tine will love seeing this…Aven was her #1.   Just like Erich will be thrilled he was #1 by default. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Yes, she sent them both home on the overnights—Johnny before the overnight portion, and Jason left during the night, and then they officially broke up on camera in the morning.

Thanks!  I half watch most episodes and didn’t realize both were gone, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ha!  Avens body language just shows how exhausting she is.  He said everything right, she just wasn’t listening. 
I don’t get this reaction from her. Wait….what!!!! She said she saw it her and Aven at the end???  That’s not true. Even with my guess as to what happpens with Tino, how did she think Tino was going to react when he sees this?  And she obviously says yes to Tino, how could she go from, “it’s going to be and Aven” to saying yes to Tino.  It rally is all about the ring with her. She is NOT coming off well

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Aven asks whether what he’s saying makes sense. Aven, you are making total sense to any rational person. Of course it makes sense to see how life is on the outside together and wait until you are fully in love to get engaged. Unfortunately for you, you are not speaking to a rational woman. Rachel would rather leave without “her person” than leave without a ring. Rachel is the new Clayton, and Aven and Zach are the new Gabby and Rachel. Unfortunately, Jesse et al are trying to set up this Most Dramatic Finale in Bachelorette History with Rachel (and maybe Gabby??) being the victim, yet again. Though, Jesse seemed to let it slip that some people  on social media are Team Rachel and some are Team Aven. I think the wave is going to be decidedly that Rachel is the “problem” here in these relationships.

• Applause 2
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Riplet68 said:

Ha!  Avens body language just shows how exhausting she is.  He said everything right, she just wasn’t listening. 
I don’t get this reaction from her. Wait….what!!!! She said she saw it her and Aven at the end???  That’s not true. Even with my guess as to what happpens with Tino, how did she think Tino was going to react when he sees this?  And she obviously says yes to Tino, how could she go from, “it’s going to be and Aven” to saying yes to Tino.  It rally is all about the ring with her. She is NOT coming off well

Exactly.  He was so relieved.  If  this is how she is with an engagement , can you imagine discussing career, kids, religion, politics.  Run Aven Run

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

I’ve seen nothing remotely shocking so far. Come on Jessie, you promised me something really shocking!

Remember, this isn’t the final episode.  I have no doubt all we will get this week are a few hints so we come back for the most shocking finale ever.  

• Like 2

Rachel seems completely unstable.  She has sobbed every episode except one. She is dumping Aven because he won't give her the Final Rose Ceremony that is running in her mind. Do you think if they could have talked about a compromise to getting engaged it would have worked, but there's some rule that you can't talk about other options with the camera running? 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

I really appreciate that Aven acknowledged that he got caught up with everything that was going on and just wants to wait a bit.  What with all of the cancelled dates and cocktail parties I'm surprised that anyone feels like they know anyone else.  Rachel is so transparent that all she wanted was to be engaged.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Being what appears to be a full fledged narcissist, Rachel is more concerned about how it appears to outsiders. That she is not being proposed to and asked for an engagement by every single one of her men is more devastating to her than anything else. She could care less about anyone else, except how they make HER look.

Aven made her look like a not perfect person because he was not worshiping her at her feet, no matter what the outcome for him would be. She already knew at this point it was Tino. She just cant deal with not being able to turn someone down while they are in bended knee.

• Applause 4
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I almost wonder whether they purposefully told her to look stoic because she keeps vacillating between having a completely blank face and an occasional small smile.

I know the miserable face is annoying.  Maybe she will show her happy face tomorrow when she gets that sparkler from her number 2.

• LOL 3

So, two hours of The Rachel Show with a special guest appearance by Gabby.  

Just now, TheFinalRose said:

Second guy apologizing means that Production told them to go out and apologize to her.  It's weird. 

I think it means both Zach and Aven are competing for the Bachelor slot since Nate imploded. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Diana Berry said:

I know the miserable face is annoying.  Maybe she will show her happy face tomorrow when she gets that sparkler from her number 2.

I think the second part is next Tuesday. How they’re doing this live is beyond me. Are they filming all now but airing the second part next week, or are they all coming back next week? And, if the latter, presumably there will be some backtracking after they see how they’re portrayed—well, not “they” but Rachel specifically. Though, Rachel and Aven are doing the exact same mutual apology that she did with Zach, so I really do think it’s likely we’ll get a duo Aven/Zach Bachelor, and Rachel is required to “give her blessing” rather than curse them out for not proposing.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

This show should consider using Promise rings instead of Engagement rings.  The word Engagement seems to be a sticking point for several of them.  

I’ve thought about why it’s become such a sticking point in recent seasons. You would think contestants would be less worried about the engagement part nowadays seeing so many of the engagements fall through whereas in the beginning of the series it probably was seen as scarier or more of a big deal to go through with it. The proposal with the big flashy ring is an integral part of the show so no way they will change that. I think many get to the end and know that the real money and opportunities come with being the lead so they get as far as they can without “winning” and hoping they will get chosen next. 

• Love 6
Just now, GracieK said:

I’ve thought about why it’s become such a sticking point in recent seasons. You would think contestants would be less worried about the engagement part nowadays seeing so many of the engagements fall through whereas in the beginning of the series it probably was seen as scarier or more of a big deal to go through with it. The proposal with the big flashy ring is an integral part of the show so no way they will change that. I think many get to the end and know that the real money and opportunities come with being the lead so they get as far as they can without “winning” and hoping they will get chosen next. 

Right?  Who had the last engagement that stuck? Rachel Lindsey? (Not counting BiP, I guess)

• Love 1