Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Rocky Mountain Bye

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, J80134 said:

Rinna stomping around in her luggz and ugly puffer. Did anyone else wish she'd faceplant on her jaunt to play both sides? 

Seriously.  The way she was hugging Erika and they were both basically chanting "exonerated" was like two cult members.  Rinna is such a snake, with immediately acting with Erika like "those other women are just so wrong" and then with Kyle being all "Erika needs help."  

Whatever goes down next week--and bleeds into the reunion--with her and Kathy I find very suspicious that apparently NONE of it was filmed and we only have Rinna's word and some ambiguous texts as to what really happened.

• Like 4
  • Love 14

If I had as much money as Kathy, there’s not enough tequila in Mexico that could entice me to be on this show.  I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.  She’s rich, she’s famous(ish). I probably wouldn’t recognize her in public but lots of others would.    Why put yourself through this???  Anyone?

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Rinna is not friends with Kendall Jenner. She’s an ass kiss to Kendall’s mom. Rinna wishes she could’ve made something of her daughters the way Kris did. 

Or Kathy and Paris & Nicky, for that matter….

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

If the others were so put out by Kathy daring to mention her tequila she should have reminded them that Kyle has promoted everything she has every laid claim to on and because of this show, her store, her caftans, CAFTANS for crying out loud, who the hell is wearing a caftan?! Her ill fated tv show, (I liked it but who am I?), her pajama clothes from her NY runway show, her Xmas movie last year...Kathy wants one sliver of a nod from Kyle and it is too much to ask but Kathy should know Kyle by now, it is all about Kyle.

Was Sheree there? Oh yes, we know it because the cameras caught one sentence from her from the entire trip, it was when she was lamenting about not pooping. 

Dorit is stupid, I am not sure if she was going for more camera time or what but none of her actions will serve her well.  Hanging out with Erika only makes her look bad or worse than hanging out with PK the grifter.  Dorit opted to stay with Diana because she knows Diana will have staff to wait on them hand and foot, Dorit wants first class luxury and standing next to Diana she can have it.

I don't think Kyle and Co. even realized that Sutton was in the room during the entire trip.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, rlc said:

Kathy is definitely being a bit extra about her tequila (and truth be told, I’d probably be annoyed if someone was pimping their product so much), but all of these women do it, and Rinna out-viled Kyle by advertising for her GOOD FRIEND KENDLL JENNER.

To recap: Kyle is a whiny baby, Rinna sucks, Erika is a monster, Dorit is whatever, and Diana is awful (even if she hasn’t done anything yet this episode).

At least they’re leaving Sutton alone.

I can't believe I'm about to somewhat defend Rinna and Kyle, but here goes. I kind of agree with Rinna last week and somewhat this week about annoyance at and ignoring Kathy's tequila spiel. Last week, they had just come back from a nice dinner, were getting comfy, and Rinna had just taken an edible; it was not the time to give a sales pitch, especially when she had given the same spiel a few weeks earlier to the same people. I'd be annoyed at Kathy too. Plus, when Rinna and Kyle and the others pitch their products, they're doing so as a scene for the show, of which they are full-time cast members. Kathy is not a full-time cast member, and she wasn't hosting a product placement event as a scene for the show: she was trying to hijack a scene for her product. Then again, while they're enjoying themselves, Kathy again tries to pitch her product and hijack a show scene/event. Plus, Rinna is not friends with Kathy, this was not Kathy's event or scene, and Rinna was under no obligation to try Kathy's tequila. Read the room, Kathy! Now, Rinna was being obnoxious to make such a point of ordering another tequila, but she wasn't wrong. Also, Kyle doesn't have to and shouldn't need to fight your battles. If I were Kyle, I'd be annoyed at Kathy for trying to make MY event about HER! 

Now, I feel gross and need to shower after defending Rinna and Kyle. But, I guess a broken clock is still right twice a day!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

REFUGEES?!?!? WTF??

I don’t like Diana one bit, but I have empathy for what she and her family experienced in Bosnia.  How could Diana sit there as Dorit and ERIKA call themselves ‘refugees’ without a word? She went after Sutton, repeatedly, for far less. 

You all know how I feel about Diana, so won't beat that dead horse. 😂

But Dorit and Erika saying they were Diana's refugees was one of the most cringeworthy moments on this show (for me).

Such poor taste on their end.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Glama said:

This tequila thing is ridiculous. Rinna is really childish to go to the bar and loudly ask for her 'friend' Kendall's tequila, just to annoy Kathy.

But I don't get why Kathy is so butt hurt about it, either. She can't force everyone to only drink her tequila. She's had her opportunities to advertize it, and it's not like she needs the money. Why not let everyone drink what they want. Yes, Rinna is acting really childishly, but rise above it, Kathy, you are better than Rinna. Don't let that asshole get to you.

When Erika was ordering a drink for Dorit, she forgot to say 'carcass out'. Dorit will be mad. 
Oh my god I literally paused to write that down, and continued watching, and sure enough Dorit mentions it 😅😅

I know it’s childish but I think Kathy sees herself as usually neutral in all of the petty cattiness these women continuously dish out to each other. Someone with no particular horse in the race “Friend of”, “Kyles sister” and basically OFF LIMITS. She has no storyline cause she’s not a full time cast member and doesn’t need to have one. She’s happy to provide Kyle’s storyline with some good natured filler and that’s that. So to be the target of that typical housewife nastiness probably surprised her and considering she gets on well with the ladies and has no particular beef with them was probably a little hurt as well.

I’ve said it before but Kathy does have an argument about Kyle. Kyle shows these women how they can treat Kathy. I don’t know how to explain it but Ive had friends meet other friends and one thing that isn’t allowed is for anyone to think that their personal relationship with me gives them a right to treat another friend less than if that makes sense. And no matter what kind of personal stuff I’ve shared with you about that person it doesn’t mean I will support you mistreating them even if maybe I have shared messy information. Kyle is the type that will allow others to fight her battles. Sure we share things with friends but I always have the disclaimer that in no way does this mean that I want you to mistreat my sister/friend on my behalf. And I don’t mean the Garcelle/Sutton way they have each other’s back that’s a different dynamic. 

Anyway,  I personally believe that  Kathy comes on the show for Kyles benefit. Kathy doesn’t need to be on the show but after a couple of episodes Kathy finds it fun. Ok great but at the end of the day she’s there for Kyle so I feel like Kyle should be a little more vocal about how far these chicks can take it when it comes to coming for Kathy or directing the cattiness towards Kathy. Now do other “friends of” get that sort of protection, well not really but kathy ain’t trying to get a diamond so there’s that. In other “friend of” situations the person is trying to get a permanent spot on the show so they usually show their ass and deserve some heat thrown their way. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So I think Kathy felt like she doesn’t deserve the mean girl routine aimed at her cause for the most part she’s just there for comic relief and not necessarily there to get in the ring with them. Add the fact that there IS NOT ONE LEGIT REASON show-wise to even come for Kathy and I can cut her a bit of slack for being upset. I’m sure that’s what carried over into this “crazy night” that we’ve been waiting for all season. 🙄 sounds like it’s gonna be about how badly she spoke to Kyle and the FFF are gonna act like it was the most unforgivable way to speak to your sister. This is Kim all over again and I believe Kyle LOVES IT when it’s brought to the forefront just how badly she’s treated by her sisters. Kim treats her bad, Kathy treated her bad, LVP treated her bad, Camille treated her bad.. yada yada yada. 🙄🙄

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

regarding the carcass out:  Unless there's some magical way that I don't know about where a professional bartender squeezes the juice out of a lemon without getting the juice all over their fingers and nails and then drip it into my drink.....I'll take the carcass in or lemons on the side.  

Professional here...or former professional. Her order is ridiculous. She could simply ask for a splash of lemon or lime juice, which all bars have pre-made before every shift. It would serve the same purpose but be less demanding, I suppose. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

I can't believe I'm about to somewhat defend Rinna and Kyle, but here goes. I kind of agree with Rinna last week and somewhat this week about annoyance at and ignoring Kathy's tequila spiel. Last week, they had just come back from a nice dinner, were getting comfy, and Rinna had just taken an edible; it was not the time to give a sales pitch, especially when she had given the same spiel a few weeks earlier to the same people. I'd be annoyed at Kathy too. Plus, when Rinna and Kyle and the others pitch their products, they're doing so as a scene for the show, of which they are full-time cast members. Kathy is not a full-time cast member, and she wasn't hosting a product placement event as a scene for the show: she was trying to hijack a scene for her product. Then again, while they're enjoying themselves, Kathy again tries to pitch her product and hijack a show scene/event. Plus, Rinna is not friends with Kathy, this was not Kathy's event or scene, and Rinna was under no obligation to try Kathy's tequila. Read the room, Kathy! Now, Rinna was being obnoxious to make such a point of ordering another tequila, but she wasn't wrong. Also, Kyle doesn't have to and shouldn't need to fight your battles. If I were Kyle, I'd be annoyed at Kathy for trying to make MY event about HER! 

Now, I feel gross and need to shower after defending Rinna and Kyle. But, I guess a broken clock is still right twice a day!

I'll sit at this table for two with you.  I don't know if they didn't air all the other times Kathy abruptly brought up her (daughter's) tequila to shill it or if I zoned out when they did air, but clearly she's been doing it a lot and at apparently at the drop of a hat.

I'd been wondering about everyone's sort of non-response to Kathy suddenly bringing it out after their dinner and then Rinna's mocking of it at the hat place (Kemo Sabe's, really?). Her reaction seemed out of step with how Rinna would normally navigate something. But it makes more sense seeing all those clips of Kathy doing so at previous events. Rinna likely assumed all those previous mentions would air and thus she's going for the 'joke" moment. Only it doesn't land because we're not fully in on why it's a joke.

I also think (to paraphrase Michael Rappaport on WWHL) that Kathy is sharp as a knife and you don't want to get on the wrong side of that knife. I don't think she'd gotten over being angry at Rinna and then Kyle for the hat place incident. I think she was stewing about it and getting angrier with Kyle. My guess is the later (not filmed?!!!) fight with Kyle will come back to that. 

Kathy likes to float in and out and pretend to be so far above all of the fighting, etc. She's an adult. She could fight her own battles. But if she does, then that gives up the game. 

I also am wondering if the producers are showing so many clips of Kyle complaining about Kathy in her talking heads to soften whatever bad thing Kathy did. When they interview the women for their talking heads they ask them many questions and the filming can go on for hours. I don't doubt that Kathy would have done just as much complaining about Kyle in her interviews (like who wouldn't?), but the producers shape the story by showing us what they want.

None of this is to say I hate Kathy and love Kyle. Just to say I think Kathy is playing a pretty deep game herself and is very purposely crafting a version of herself for the cameras (like everyone else on the show).

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

I differ on this, but big old heart to you for examining and considering the opposing view :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

THIS.

Can we talk about the hell that would ensue if while Rinna was selling her tacky ass velour tracksuits on QVC some HW then proceeded to call into HSN and order a velour track suit from her good friend Kathy Ireland or Vanessa Williams (IDK who TF has clothing lines)? Bitch... the earth would shake and the sun would fall out of the sky.  Bitch knew exactly WTF she was doing!!!

Or raving about someone els's sauce around Harry she would lose her god damn mind 

• Wink 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:
10 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

THIS.

Can we talk about the hell that would ensue if while Rinna was selling her tacky ass velour tracksuits on QVC some HW then proceeded to call into HSN and order a velour track suit from her good friend Kathy Ireland or Vanessa Williams (IDK who TF has clothing lines)? Bitch... the earth would shake and the sun would fall out of the sky.  Bitch knew exactly WTF she was doing!!!

Expand  

Or raving about someone els's sauce around Harry she would lose her god damn mind 

DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT HER HUSBAND!!!  Oh, wait, it's to praise him?  In that case...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

I haven’t been able to convince myself to watch this episode yet, but I love this from the vulture.com recap. I remember when Dorit bought those plates. I think it was her first season and I was so appalled.

2BAAC176-628B-4674-9B86-F952CF2A9605.thumb.jpeg.2f8f1b28308c335be2b11badd1926ce7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

Yes! 😂 There are two locations in Colorado alone - one in Aspen and one in Vail. She is such a ridiculous try-hard. 

What the heck was the name of the location that Dorit kept going on about?  I couldn't understand her?

I assume it's in Switzerland or somewhere in Europe?  

Just Dorit, again, trying too hard to appear like a jetsetter and oh so chic!!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

But how do you know she’s hijacking the segment? I’m more inclined to believe that it has been agreed upon by the show runners to let her take snippets here and there through the season to showcase the tequila. And BECAUSE she’s not a full time housewife then the promotion would be limited to the here and there product placement and short plugs we saw happening in various episodes. Just an idea. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

regarding the carcass out:  Unless there's some magical way that I don't know about where a professional bartender squeezes the juice out of a lemon without getting the juice all over their fingers and nails and then drip it into my drink.....I'll take the carcass in or lemons on the side.  

Excellent point!!  

And, if that is the case, how would Dorit know for sure the bartender used three lemons?  Is her palate that sophisticated that she can discern between the juice from two lemon wedges and three?  

Just give her half a lemon and a juice squeezer and let her do it herself! My brother is a bar manager and he would tell her to GTFOH with a ridiculous order like that!  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Excellent point!!  

And, if that is the case, how would Dorit know for sure the bartender used three lemons?  Is her palate that sophisticated that she can discern between the juice from two lemon wedges and three?  

Just give her half a lemon and a juice squeezer and let her do it herself! My brother is a bar manager and he would tell her to GTFOH with a ridiculous order like that!  

Or she can buy those single serve packets of lemon juice concentrate that fast good joints have and just keep those in her purse....but then its concentrated and NOT freshly squeezed.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I wonder if Erika feels at all embarrassed today for her confident celebration of the suit being dismissed "without prejudice," now that she knows it is exactly the opposite of good for the defendant?

I don't think Erika is capable of embarrassment, really. She seemed to only be slightly embarrassed by her behavior towards Garcelle's sons. I dislike Andy immensely for how he seems to suck up to her, but a part of me is thinking they are just giving her a rope to hang herself and making lots of money in the process. For better or worse, this season is interesting, at least to me. To watch someone show absolutely no remorse and lash out like a reptile when challenged is kind of fascinating. Someone married into my husband's family who was just like Erika. Her only concern was money. She was a Southern belle and put on a pretty good show, but eventually she'd lash out and go venomous just like Erika does. After her husband died, finally one of the bankers said to her in a family meeting, "It's all about the money for you, ____, isn't it?" She turned, gave a little smile and replied, "Yes it is." It was creepy AF.

On another note, these shows help me to appreciate that having lots of money doesn't make you happier. Not to be mean, but Aspen looks kind of boring to me. They don't seem to be doing much different than my friends and I do on vacation (drink, eat, shop). We just do it on a much more moderate scale.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Professional here...or former professional. Her order is ridiculous. She could simply ask for a splash of lemon or lime juice, which all bars have pre-made before every shift. It would serve the same purpose but be less demanding, I suppose. 

I am totally confused by this order.

Generally if there are slices of citrus fruit, they are not squeezed by generally hanging on the top of the glass - or maybe on a small dish if one has requested a specific number.

I have never had a bartender squeeze a slice into my drink and then leave the desiccated rind in the glass or on it. I wouldn't even want someone to physically squeeze my lemon or lime as it seems unsanitary.

There are some drinks in which juice of some kind is part of the actual recipe but the bartender again doesn't squeeze the slice and leave the "carcass" anywhere. I assume they have a supply of juice available for them to use for those kinds of drinks. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont think she had a problem being there its just from the MOMENT she arrived Kyle started in on her ... you wore THAT on a plane? she started nit picking her from jump .. id shut down to and be like you wanna play this game then lets play you will be lucky if I change out of this outfit now LOL 

Yeah, I ain’t gonna flip on Kathy just cause we finally saw her reach a limit. Big whoop! Kyles a passive aggressive pain in the ass and Rinna is always quick to find that crack in the widow that Kyle leaves open to go in and start digging at a sister. Kim and Kathy may have their issues with Kyle and vice versa but it is not anyones place to insert themselves to a degree that suggests they know more than the players involved do. That pisses me off so much. Unless you grew up with them and witnessed it all, hearing one sided narratives aint ever gonna get you to a place where you can be personally dishing out punishment about a relationship you WEREN’T IN from it’s onset. Being supportive is all well and good but know your lane. 

I don’t think Kathy can do no wrong but at the same time Kyles no saint and I hate how these dynamics with her family come up on the show and it’s always this narrative that Kyle is some poor poor victim completely abused when it’s most likely (considering what we’ve actually seen on the show) a three way street where all three of them dish it out pretty equllay. The only things that maybe affect the leverage (within this trio) would be Kathy’s the oldest and Kim’s childhood star status but now Kyle has this under her belt as well as being a child actress herself so I’m sorry I really don’t see any imbalance when it comes to these sibling rivalries and feuds  especially in present time. I’m over it. They have family dysfunction. This is not unique! And I’m so bored with it. 🙄

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Kyle said she was so hurt that Dorit chose to stay with Erika and Diana because she thinks of Dorit as family. But, "family member" Dorit didn't get a room at her house, instead she gave that room to Erika. Dorit seemed a little hurt by that. 

I thought Kyle spend a lot of time in her Ths talking about Kathy -- partly mocking her "kookiness" and then going kinda deep with comments like how Kathy can be difficult and how hard it is to turn Kathy's mood once she becomes angry. (Cut to scene of Kathy almost immediately getting over it, but side issue.) I can't imagine Kathy would be happy seeing that as it seemed a little too personal, maybe line crossing.  

Imo, Kyle was upset that she wasn't getting the respect she felt she deserved, and I think she thinks that Erika should have been more grateful to receive a coveted spot at Kyle's, so for her to leave, zoinks. Dorit should be more grateful for Kyle's friendship, so she should always choose and side with her. Kathy should just put up with whatever amount of mocking Kyle does (which gets very old, very fast) because she's the queen bee of the show and for once Kyle is on top, and Kathy better recognize.

I think Kathy has a point about the tequila because instead of eye rolling and diverting attention away when Kathy was trying to do her tasting, all Kyle had to do was act even halfway interested, and people would have tried it. Kathy may have thought that the others were taking their cues from Kyle, as hostess.  Considering how much time Kyle and the others spend shilling their ventures, it was really the least she could have done. There's always so much talk about supporting each other, but when the chips are down, and it's Kyle's turn, nothing for Kathy. Unless, of course, you count THs where Kyle talks about how much of a weirdo she is or how difficult she is. 

What could she have done at the Chapeau Shop? (Spinal tap reference!)  Well, maybe she could have ordered shots of Kathy's tequila for the group, or talked about how much she liked it. Or ordered her margarita or Mauricio's margarita to be made with it. Something?  But she either wasn't actively thinking about supporting Kathy (who surely must have mentioned to Kyle that she was going to talk about the bloody tequila) or she was sitting back and letting Rinna do the dirty work.

Agree with ALL of this! But I di t necessary think it’s Kyle sitting back and letting Rinna do her dirty work I think Kyle just knows Rinna is gonna do it regardless  and Kyle gets a huge kick out of Kathy getting dogged out. Kyle really does enjoy watching her sister (either one) be taken down a notch or whatever and considering the expectations of having each other’s back Kyle found a slick way of getting her digs in without breaking that “pact” or at least she seems to think she has. Her friends will bat for her and a lot of people think Kim and Kathy look ridiculous blaming Kyle for poor behavior they receive from her friends but to some it’s as plain as the nose on their faces that that’s exactly what Kyle does. Even some of her well meaning friends don’t realize they’ve fallen right into Kyles plan to look completely innocent while having friends finger wag and tongue lash a sister. I don’t care how upset I am with my sister you ain’t gonna use my strained relationship with her as permission to unleash your nasty behavior towards her. Now if you have you’re own beef have at it but you ain’t gonna be trying to claw at my sister on my behalf. Kyle let’s others attack her sisters using “protecting/supporting Kyle”  as their sole reason and that’s never sit right with me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But how do you know she’s hijacking the segment? I’m more inclined to believe that it has been agreed upon by the show runners to let her take snippets here and there through the season to showcase the tequila. And BECAUSE she’s not a full time housewife then the promotion would be limited to the here and there product placement and short plugs we saw happening in various episodes. Just an idea. 

I say she's hijacking the segment, because Kyle planned the trip, many of them are staying at Kyle's ski house so these are her guests, Kyle planned the excursion to Kemo Sabe's (dumbest name for a hat store, BTW), these women are Kyle's friends. Also, Kathy was acting like she didn't know before they got there that Kemo Sabe's had her tequila, so why get upset that someone else ordered another brand?

Maybe Kathy did have some sort of agreement with producers, but if so, they clearly didn't tell the others about this "great investment opportunity" spiel coming up and they weren't interested in hearing one. I had something similar happen where I and a group of people were invited to someone's house for dinner and it turned out to be a hawking of various MLM products. I was annoyed. I still didn't act rude and obnoxiously like Rinna did, but I didn't feel I owed the person undying brand loyalty to their product.

• Love 3

I cannot for the life of me understand how those women do shot after shot after shot in the middle of the day like they do.  They act like college students on spring break! How do they function after drinking so much? Does Bravo push them to drink in hopes that it'll fuel epic fights? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am totally confused by this order.

Generally if there are slices of citrus fruit, they are not squeezed by generally hanging on the top of the glass - or maybe on a small dish if one has requested a specific number.

I have never had a bartender squeeze a slice into my drink and then leave the desiccated rind in the glass or on it. I wouldn't even want someone to physically squeeze my lemon or lime as it seems unsanitary.

Glad someone else said this because it's always confused me. Every slice of fruit I've gotten with a drink, be it lemon, lime or orange, is stuck on the glass for me to do whatever I want with it. 

21 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I don’t think Kathy can do no wrong but at the same time Kykes no saint and I hate how these dynamics with her family come up on the show and it’s always this narrative that Kyle is some poor poor victim completely abused when it’s most likely (considering what we’ve actually seen on the show) a three way street where all three of them dish it out pretty equllay. The only things that maybe affect the leverage (within this trio) would be Kathy’s the oldest and Kim’s childhood start status but now Kyle has this under her belt as well as being a child actress herself so I’m sorry I really don’t see any imbalance with who had what “status” in their corner especially in present time. I’m over it. They have family dysfunction. This is not unique! And I’m so bored with it. 🙄

Probably doesn't matter. Going by the movie Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (which I really wonder if the Richards have ever watched while they seem committed to living it out in real life) however they felt in childhood is going to stick no matter how they even the score as adults! REmember Kim still talked as if she was exhausted and deprived from having to support the family and not have a life of her own in middle age after basically retiring soon after hitting 20. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

THIS.

Kathy should have asked for a glass of her good friend LVP's rose, or bring a bottle next time she sees Rinna

• Like 1
  • Applause 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Well, it was hard to believe that Dorit was ready for a night on the town when she was not wearing any visible logos on her outfit.

I was actually surprised that she was ready to go out, and even more surprised when she yelled at Rinna.  I think she was annoyed with Rinna for butting into her and Kyle's conversation, she was worried that she backed the wrong horse (Erika), upset that she may have screwed up the opportunity for her and PK to travel on private planes with Kyle and Mo to their vacation homes  and she was annoyed for having made the wrong decision.

However, I am completely sick of Dorit's constantly calling people "Love", "Honey", "Bay-bee", etc.  Her constant declarations of how much she loves everyone are starting to wear thin.

Don't forget Bubba. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Watching now. As we've almost all said ad nauseam, Erika is AWFUL.

Her going at Crystal and bringing up how she hugged Crystal, was all about being against Sutton and was not about having compassion for Crystal. Period.

And whatever with Rinna bringing up something about Kathy that she was the only party to witness. Spare me. She's so gross.

They need to yeet Rinna. I'd take take EJ back for one more season, if it meant we'd finally be rid of Rinna. I assume Diana will not be back. And they need to cast someone who would go in Dorinda style on EJ. She has too many peeps who, for some weird reason, have her back. Dorit goes with the wind so I don't mind if she returns.

• Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I know it’s childish but I think Kathy sees herself as usually neutral in all of the petty cattiness these women continuously dish out to each other. Someone with no particular horse in the race “Friend of”, “Kyles sister” and basically OFF LIMITS. She has no storyline cause she’s not a full time cast member and doesn’t need to have one. She’s happy to provide Kyle’s storyline with some good natured filler and that’s that. So to be the target of that typical housewife nastiness probably surprised her and considering she gets on well with the ladies and has no particular beef with them was probably a little hurt as well.

I’ve said it before but Kathy does have an argument about Kyle. Kyle shows these women how they can treat Kathy. I don’t know how to explain it but Ive had friends meet other friends and one thing that isn’t allowed is for anyone to think that their personal relationship with me gives them a right to treat another friend less than if that makes sense. And no matter what kind of personal stuff I’ve shared with you about that person it doesn’t mean I will support you mistreating them even if maybe I have shared messy information. Kyle is the type that will allow others to fight her battles. Sure we share things with friends but I always have the disclaimer that in no way does this mean that I want you to mistreat my sister/friend on my behalf. And I don’t mean the Garcelle/Sutton way they have each other’s back that’s a different dynamic. 

Anyway,  I personally believe that  Kathy comes on the show for Kyles benefit. Kathy doesn’t need to be on the show but after a couple of episodes Kathy finds it fun. Ok great but at the end of the day she’s there for Kyle so I feel like Kyle should be a little more vocal about how far these chicks can take it when it comes to coming for Kathy or directing the cattiness towards Kathy. Now do other “friends of” get that sort of protection, well not really but kathy ain’t trying to get a diamond so there’s that. In other “friend of” situations the person is trying to get a permanent spot on the show so they usually show their ass and deserve some heat thrown their way. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So I think Kathy felt like she doesn’t deserve the mean girl routine aimed at her cause for the most part she’s just there for comic relief and not necessarily there to get in the ring with them. Add the fact that there IS NOT ONE LEGIT REASON show-wise to even come for Kathy and I can cut her a bit of slack for being upset. I’m sure that’s what carried over into this “crazy night” that we’ve been waiting for all season. 🙄 sounds like it’s gonna be about how badly she spoke to Kyle and the FFF are gonna act like it was the most unforgivable way to speak to your sister. This is Kim all over again and I believe Kyle LOVES IT when it’s brought to the forefront just how badly she’s treated by her sisters. Kim treats her bad, Kathy treated her bad, LVP treated her bad, Camille treated her bad.. yada yada yada. 🙄🙄

This. Kyle is a petty, jealous person who can't stand to be out shown by anyone, including her sisters. Especially her sisters. People have been saying on these boards for years that Big Kathy pitted the sisters against each other and doled out her affections towards them to whomever was pleasing her the most at the time, thereby fostering a competition amongst her daughters. I think growing up, Kyle frequently came in 3rd place for her mother's affections; Kim was the bigger child star, Kathy married very wealthy, while Kyle was never as big a star as Kim, nor as wealthy as Kathy. So, Kyle grew up feeling inferior to her sisters and probably always trying to take them down so she would mom's favorite, and that jealous behavior has spilled into other friendships in her life. And, Kyle is finally "on top" as far as her sisters are concerned. She's more stable and wealthy than Kim and more famous than Kathy and is on TV on a daily basis. It's messed up.

Now, as an adult, Kyle needs to get over this childish behavior and be more adult, but I also recognize that your upbringing runs deep, and it's not so easy to break those habits, especially if you were rewarded for this bad behavior. All that to say, shut up and grow up, Kyle.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

She's been doing this since she met Diana. Constantly telling Diana to take her shopping, let me look through your closet. They also walked past a jewelry store in this episode and she was saying they should go in and Diana should buy them something. Diana seems to laugh it off every time. Erika looks more and more pathetic every time she does it.

I don't have Diana's money, but Erika's constant remarks to Diana about buying/giving her stuff was getting on my nerves. She has no business asking that of Diana or anyone else.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 14
Just now, Surrealist said:

I don't have Diana's money and Erika's constant remarks to Diana about buying/giving her stuff was getting in my nerves.

Ugh, when they were in that ski boutique and Erika was going on about that ugly hot pink outfit and how much she wanted it, like girl, do you think you're being subtle?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

I say she's hijacking the segment, because Kyle planned the trip, many of them are staying at Kyle's ski house so these are her guests, Kyle planned the excursion to Kemo Sabe's (dumbest name for a hat store, BTW), these women are Kyle's friends. Also, Kathy was acting like she didn't know before they got there that Kemo Sabe's had her tequila, so why get upset that someone else ordered another brand?

Maybe Kathy did have some sort of agreement with producers, but if so, they clearly didn't tell the others about this "great investment opportunity" spiel coming up and they weren't interested in hearing one. I had something similar happen where I and a group of people were invited to someone's house for dinner and it turned out to be a hawking of various MLM products. I was annoyed. I still didn't act rude and obnoxiously like Rinna did, but I didn't feel I owed the person undying brand loyalty to their product.

I’m just saying that considering that this is a show, one where products are thrown about constantly, to be so taken aback about some <gasp> product placement and plugs seems to be an odd grievance. Even if it isn’t exactly planned. Okay maybe at most it was a nuisance but considering it ain’t something outrageously out of left field to do and is frequently done on this show I fail to see how it warrants the mean girl nastiness. Kathy hardly derailed  anything and didn’t throw a wrench in anyones plans.  I chalk it up to Kyle and Rinna just wanting to be mean girls towards Kathy and it’s not appealing to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

43 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

REmember Kim still talked as if she was exhausted and deprived from having to support the family and not have a life of her own in middle age after basically retiring soon after hitting 20. 

Well I mean those traumas laid out the ground work for the rest of her life self medicating and fighting addiction so I can see why she still considers a lot of those scars as a present reality cause they are. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think she wears wigs all the time in the short hairstyle. Some of them are obvious and others are more natural-looking. Whatever was going on in this episode looked awful!

Erika sounded like the devil, the guttural voice, "I only care about me" and the steely eyes. It was so over the top it was almost comical. 

I noticed she wore a woolen knit hat while hanging around at the house (I think it was in the morning when she was getting herself some coffee) and I got the impression she was hiding her real hair.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

As a former bartender, I cosign.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Why is dipshit Dorit picking this hill to die on?🤷🏻‍♂️

No doubt on the advice of her personal producer:  Girlfriend, you need this storyline!

(I cannot believe Dorit hasn't seen a hair colorist in like—what?  Two months?  Those roots!)

Without foundation (early shot in the show!), Erika has that freshly plucked chicken look.

And why would anyone set fire to a hat?  I mean, isn't any association with Kyle distressing enough? I couldn't figure out what was behind Kyle's crying jag except I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Dorit or Erika.  I think maybe she finally figured out that the bottom is falling out of the LA luxury real estate market.  

Kyle telling Erika, "I want to talk to you for a minute without anyone else around," is beyond hilarious.  Oh, those 15 camera operators, gaffers, grips, sound technicians, and producers?  They don't count!

I will reiterate that I think Erika is absolutely correct from a legal standpoint in refusing to discuss anything to do with the earrings, the victims, or compassion.  It's her body language and her Madonna imitation that's so off-putting.  

And, of course, we don't know the whole provenance of the Kathy Hilton meltdown cliffhanger.  But I thought Rinna was pretty awful about the tequila thing, and you'd think that Kyle would have had Kathy's back on that one, c'mon—they're blood!  But Kyle seems to cherish any opportunity to throw either of her sisters to the wolves whenever she gets the opportunity.  I guess she didn't get very much attention when she was a kid.  Or something.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

BUT - Diana laughed that off.  Diana, who gets offended at Sutton if Sutton were to say "Good Morning".  

Dorit and Erica were insensitive to use that word, but Diana had a perfect opportunity to enlighten and educate them about it (as she's done with Sutton and Garcelle) and she decided to laugh along with them.  

This is true. That I was more offended on Diana's behalf is messed up, especially since I don't even like her. 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, film noire said:

I think the interaction was more than that, something that spoke to Kyle's real character. She takes, never gives back, and forever plays the martyr, hypocrisy the one constant. I think if the roles had been reversed and Kathy had done the same thing to Kyle,  the world would've been treated to a Defcon 10 meltdown from Mrs. Umansky.  She'd be all sweaty-faced and pissed off, eyes wild and indignant  - like one of LVP's miniature ponies spotting Brandi approaching the front door of the pink palace - her whole demeanour as broken as if she survived an event as horrific as those endured by Erika's victims. And then that scratchy Kyle voice would roll out ("I was so - scratchy- hurt that Kathy-scratchy- did that. She knows how much this tequila means to me and Mau-scratchy-ricio and my family!")  It's ego-driven and self-serving and after so many years of her bullshit, I have no patience left. You get what you give. 

YES. This is the Crystal I've been waiting for! (But poor Dorit:  you could see her brain puzzling through the strange things coming out of Crystal's mouth: "Moral Compass? Is that a store in Gstadt I don't know about? Do they make more than thirty versions of every item? Why have I never heard of this brand?") 

Brief moment that I loved:  Sutton touching the brim of her hat - like a cowboy to a determined schoolmarm -  and off Crystal went, armed for bear. 

I wish I could give your comment all the accolades!  You hit the nail on the head!! 🥇

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Maximona said:

No doubt on the advice of her personal producer:  Girlfriend, you need this storyline!

(I cannot believe Dorit hasn't seen a hair colorist in like—what?  Two months?  Those roots!)

Without foundation (early shot in the show!), Erika has that freshly plucked chicken look.

And why would anyone set fire to a hat?  I mean, isn't any association with Kyle distressing enough? I couldn't figure out what was behind Kyle's crying jag except I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with Dorit or Erika.  I think maybe she finally figured out that the bottom is falling out of the LA luxury real estate market.  

Kyle telling Erika, "I want to talk to you for a minute without anyone else around," is beyond hilarious.  Oh, those 15 camera operators, gaffers, grips, sound technicians, and producers?  They don't count!

I will reiterate that I think Erika is absolutely correct from a legal standpoint in refusing to discuss anything to do with the earrings, the victims, or compassion.  It's her body language and her Madonna imitation that's so off-putting.  

And, of course, we don't know the whole provenance of the Kathy Hilton meltdown cliffhanger.  But I thought Rinna was pretty awful about the tequila thing, and you'd think that Kyle would have had Kathy's back on that one, c'mon—they're blood!  But Kyle seems to cherish any opportunity to throw either of her sisters to the wolves whenever she gets the opportunity.  I guess she didn't get very much attention when she was a kid.  Or something.

Yes, and that reminds me that Kyle and Erika get the luxury of a private conversation. If it were Garcelle or Sutton, it’d be done in front of the group, to put them on their heels. I am so sick of the double standards.

• Applause 9
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

What is so weird to me about Kathy and Kyle's relationship is that they seem to alternate acting like a mother to each other. It's so odd.

Kathy and Kyle didn't exactly grow up together; they are 10 years apart.  When Kathy became a Hilton Kyle was a 10 year old working actress, in the shadow of her more famous sister and managed by a single stage mother.  

I get Kyle wanting a relationship with her sisters, as difficult as it is because when your parents are gone they are the only family left (except your kids and if you're lucky your spouse). 

I'm not a Kathy Hilton fan (for many reasons) but I really didn't understand why she would be pissed off at Kyle for Rinna's asshole behavior. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Well I mean those traumas laid out the ground work for the rest of her life self medicating and fighting addiction so I can see why she still considers a lot of those scars as a present reality cause they are. 

Right, but that's what I mean. Because it wasn't just like she ever talked about it in the context of her addictions.  It was that the exact same dynamic was still in place between the sisters no matter how many years went by. There was no evening out of anybody's position in the pecking order. They're always where they were when Kyle was eight or whatever.

My favorite Kim grievance was aways the time she claimed that she couldn't do her own make up because as a child actor she didn't get to go to high school and be taught there. Since this was, in fact, one area where *Kim* was the one with the advantage. She just automatically translated "I can't do this" to "I was deprived of this.")

15 minutes ago, Maximona said:

The thing is, she is happy to discuss the earrings and the victims. The earrings are hers, the victims are people dogging her and other people don't know the facts but if they did they'd doubt their stories!

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

When Kyle made up with Erika and Dorit each time in her talking head segments she said she doesn’t want to fight with people she cares about so she brushes it under the rug. I am assuming the editors were purposeful leaving that in because I am guessing she isn’t that way with Kathy. 

I wanted Sutton to tell Kyle to stop being so dramatic. 

Some of the FFF, especially Rinna, are so jealous of Kathy, Sutton, Garcelle and maybe even Crystal, for their popularity. 

It would have been "Chef's Kiss" if Sutton had shushed Kyle about being over dramatic!  Sutton, bless her, can't come up with these things on the spot.  

The FFF base all of their gang ups on their jealousy of popularity/ success.  They will make an exception if the person is beyond wealthy (Diana).  

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I truly do not understand why any of them are circling the wagons for Erika. What exactly does her "friendship" bring to any of them, except conflict and abuse? Fine, you don't want to come to the hat store, Erika? Then don't. They will probably have a better time without you.

The problem is, this is Kyle's "event." If half of them take off, half the cameras go with them, and half the focus.  Now occasionally housewives skip somebody else's event, but setting up an alternative shoot at the exact same time is pretty low. The only other thing Kyle had this season was the Jamie Lee Curtis thing, so this was something fun and visual and came with its own bar, so likely to meet with Bravo approval and airtime. And it got hijacked. And not just the event but whatever evening festivities she may have had planned for their sleep over.

17 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Oh please, Erika, you were "sympathetic" to Crystal in Mexico because you thought it would be another way to get at Sutton.

Yes, all that flashback was missing was a grinchy smile as she goaded Crystal into wanting to fight Sutton.

The Kathy/Kyle/Kim dynamics are sometimes hard to follow, but in many ways Kyle was the Cinderella, as others have pointed out - not as successful as Kim, not as rich as Kathy. Many of you might not be old enough to remember but Kyle was the point person sent out to defend Paris on national television in her worst days. Clearly, she and Mauricio were propping up Kim in many ways, too -- while Kim and Kathy looked down on her. She married for love, and one of Kathy's husband's employees to boot.

But then Mauricio turned out to be good at what he did. Really good. And he moved on, taking who knows how much business with him, but even more important, the leverage they had over Kyle.  Housewives happened, and suddenly Kyle was in the spotlight and to a new generation, Kathy was now Kyle's sister, not Paris' mother. In the first or second season she was still too good to appear on the show and canceled last minute on an event she clearly had told Kyle she'd attend (Farah's birthday or graduation?). Power play.

Kathy's always been all over the place about who she wants to be. She talks about having married the old fashioned Catholic boy -- but we remember their very public drink/drug partying days. She had a whole tv series where she played the Grande Dame of the ohsoprimandproper Hilton family (it was a reality competition)... but we'd seen how her children behaved in public (and years later learned how she had (not) raised those children). 

And now she's playing kooky but good natured let's all get along Kathy... but cross her and see how that goes for you. She played hardball with invitations to her daughter's wedding, and it's clear that if you're on the outs with her there is no mercy.

I guess that's what happens when people have a lot of power, but only over petty stuff like celebrity.  They feel the need to flex it anyway. Trouble is, as far as tv power goes, Kyle has made a success of it, and Kathy can't, because Kathy's identity is only in relation to others. All Kathy can do is cut her off from family, and does.

Kyle's not blameless - she obviously enjoys getting her digs in (excuse me, "teasing") Kathy. A lot of pent up resentment there. But she's not letting Kathy take over this sandbox.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

Andy asked Ugly Erica if she regretted any of her behavior on WWHL  - he went through everything individually and her answers were NO to them all. What a surprise! Andy's second guest Michael Rapaport then enables her behavior by saying the RH shows always need a villain and someone has to do the job each season. That may be true but it doesn't have to be as vicious as what Erica, Lisa, Diana, and Kyle offer. There are too many villains on this show - "The Real Villains of Beverly Hills".

• Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

And it kills me when I see a bartender or waiter serve  my beverage with their hands on the rim of the glass where you put your lips to drink it.  Waitressing 101:  don't do that!!  Ick.

• Like 4
  • Love 4