Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E27: Double Eviction

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Monte of all people is comforting Brittany.   Taylor's reasoning when she gave her vote was spot on. 

Michael is going to spend the rest of his life kicking himself over not evicting Turner when he had the chance.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, llongori said:

Sad to say but the Veto King may have overthought this.  If Michael was conflicted about leaving Brit on the block and decided not to win, he's brought this on himself.

I think his height hurt him in the veto comp.  At least , he was classy enough to say that they made the best move.

• Love 1

Brittany was wrecked.  She's got a LOT of clean-up to do this week in the aftermath of Michael's eviction plea.  She's going to be useless for the next HOH comp later tonight, I'm sure.

I don't think Alyssa wins if she is sitting at F2.  Much as I think Terrance absolutely hates Taylor, I think he actually meant it when he said he would vote for a POC sitting on the block at F2, so if it winds up being Taylor v. anyone but Monte, she'd have his vote.  

These fools better be aiming to take the shot at Turner this coming week though, now that he has the most comp wins of anyone left in the house.

• Love 1

Wow. He was my favorite to win but I lost all respect for him throwing Brittany under the bus. I know this is a game to win money and there's been much debate over the years about people choosing friendships or allowing friendships to get in the way of winning (Derrick and whoever was the runner up comes to mind) but I think some things are actually more important than money and he did her sooooo dirty. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Whoa Brittany is destroyed.

I don't blame her. He completely turned on her. I am glad he is gone. Plus winning all those comps put him in the spotlight. They took the shot. Good. Now Taylor will win. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Awesome! I couldn't be happier.

Sore loser let's his mask slip to see who he really is....the Cat Man's claws comes out and he shreds his friendship with Brittany in a desperate attempt to stay alive.

Good grief it almost sounded like he was trying to play the Gay Card when they were coming back from commercial. Very calculating like the whole Kyle reveal.

I don't know....part of me feels like Turner wasn't really on board with this but too bad. But I'm glad Michael revealed he was just playing the Bros the whole time.

Don't cry too hard Brittany....you're still a shoe in as the goat everyone will want to drag to the end. Please don't forgive Michael after the finale.

Too much filler with Turner language when more time could have been spent in Jury house...maybe actually seeing the interior?

Kyle shouldn't worry so much about the houseguests forgiveness and should start worrying if he's going to be cancelled once he gets out of the house.

God that Indy is beautiful. Nice to see  her again.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 5

I knew there was a better than 50/50 chance Michael would go in a double eviction but unfortunately this means unless Taylor manages to make it to F2 there will be a winner I don't like. And I fear she may be the next one out the door. The thought of someone like Alyssa ending up the winner is really disheartening. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 9

Meh, fuck Britney. Michael spoke so fast, but wasn't everything he said accurate? She got behind the wheel of that bus first, imo, and at that point it was do or die.

He was far from perfect, but I'm very disappointed to see Michael go. Silver lining is that it sounds like he'll be in full lawyer-mode in support of Taylor if she can squeak through to the finale. Doubtful, but possible.

Rooting for Monte and Britney to go to jury next. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, pennben said:

Heard it. Turner had told Michael that he didn’t want to vote him out for that reason when he proposed he/Michael/Monte guys alliance. I think Michael was throwing that back in his face tonight.

I guess that's fair then if Turner brought it up first.

Still glad he's gone though.  If he was that uncomfortable with things that were said about race, he should have brought it up right away instead of using it for game play.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I get Brittany being thrown, but Michael didn't say anything personal about her. He threw her game under the bus, nothing about Brittany as a person outside of the house. Desperate, kinda devious hail mary? Sure, but I wouldn't say he crossed any kind of ethical line or anything.

• Like 4
  • Love 11

I'm not a feed watcher, so I probably missed something, but was Kyle not genuine in his apologies in the house and jury house? They portrayed him as genuine, and not just sorry he got called out, but actually sorry he was so ignorant, stupid, and that he hurt people.  So I don't know if CBS is trying to cover up for him, or he is genuine and it's just popular to pile onto someone so stupid. I ask because I don't trust CBS to not do the thing that makes it easier on them, and I also don't trust groupthink where people might feel like they will become a target themselves if they show any mercy.  I have heard he seems to be going off a script, which is probably true either way because, like we already know, he is very dim and not remotely articulate.

2 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

What shocked me about the jury scenes was not that Joseph saw right through Michael's move (as I knew that he would), but that Indy and Jasmine did, too!  That was a perceptiveness that I hadn't expected from either one of them!

Hints from production maybe?  It was kind of strange that they all immediately jumped on the Michael-waited-before-telling aspect of it.  It's like that's the first thing they thought of.  Of course, I guess it could have just been edited that way and maybe they thought of it much later.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Now that the dust has settled and I’ve somewhat regrouped my gray cells, here’s a few thoughts on the episode. 

I could have done with a lot less of the 1st hour. Maybe more time at the jury house. 

Jury house: I loved Joseph saying he bet it was Taylor that took out Kyle. Even more, I loved Indy telling Kyle we have internet, educate yourself! Despite all that Kyle came off looking appropriately remorseful and schooled and for his sake, I hope he’s sincere. 

I predicted Turner winning Hoh, but that was before I saw the crapshoot comp, yet he won and shame ladies that the guys were more observant than them in that comp. 

I was surprised he nominated Alyssa instead of Michael but it looked like at the time he was favoring the all guys alliance that he proposed. 

Veto turned all of that upside down. Monte who has sucked at comps managed to pull that off and made the smartest move possible to backdoor Michael on the only chance he gave them. That was the only valid move if anyone wanted a shot at the 750k. 

Brittany: the look of a flea without its host. I don’t feel sorry for her. She did everything Michael accused her of, even though it was a desperate, dickish Hail Mary move. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8b8903dc459a7684a2c12b00a4e5f732.jpegI’m not incensed by Michael’s exit, it was part of his game and he agreed it was the right move. I do like that he was humbled and will now be on the jury instead of facing them in 2 weeks and that his eviction has leveled the playing field. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Let’s not drag this eviction Julie, we’re got bigger fish to fry. Let’s go! 👏

When I said this at the 1h mark, I was definitely not expecting to be so prophetic. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Up until this week, Brittany had had his back.  Always.  So to be shredded by the guy who'd been your top ally up to this point had to be devastating.  Even if it is Brittany.

Oh completely, but it's shitty in a game move way. He didn't slander her character or bring up her family or some other stuff we've seen people do. I guess I'd call it slimy as opposed to outright shitty, because it was a game thing and not personal.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I noticed that Kyle only said he thought there was an alliance. He didn't admit (at least not that was shown) that he wanted to counteract it by forming an all white alliance.

Yes.

I have had my issues with Michael this season. I absolutely hate the way he manipulated the whole Kyle info dump. But he has been anything but a stupid player. And tonight, when his entire game was at stake, what else was he supposed to do except play every card he had? He didn’t say anything that wasn’t true. He didn’t say Brittany  was a terrible person who should be run out of town with pitchforks. He simply laid out clear, valid reasons why they might want to keep him instead of her.

Of course they didn’t go for it. Because even though he made a good case, there’s no way any of them had a better chance of beating him than Brittany. So yes, they made the right decision. But Brittany and her victim noises destroyed every bit of respect I had for her. Did she think he should just roll over and give up? Is she forgetting the conversations she had about taking him out? I guess it’s only a betrayal when it’s aimed at her.

As far as the rest of the season goes, all I can say is…

GO. TAYLOR.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

Hour #1 was boring. Glad I hung g in for hour #2. That was the best BB I have seen in a lonnnnng time. A surprise POV winner, surprise Monte using the POV and then the realization that Michael was going out the door. Scratching my head at his exit line. That was kind of dumb. I only have one thing g to say....and then crickets.

I'm not sure why his speech was necessary. Everyone has their mind made up. Unless a HUGE bomb is revealed they never change anyone's mind. I felt sorry for Brittany. She was destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'd love for Taylor to win if only because she had to overcome so much bullying from the other women in the house and she seems like a genuinely kind person but game wise I don't think she's the best player. I know she won 1 hoh but I'd call her a floater.

Player-wise with the remaining house guests, I'd rank: Turner, Monty, Britney/Taylor (tie)............................................. Alyssa.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm guessing not a lot of people here were watching the Global version of the feed in Canada, but the beginning of the show was kind of nuts.  They cut into the CBS satellite feed early, with Julie getting her hair done on stage by an assistant while asking about time until they're live, and then taking selfies with audience members.  Then they did some kind of a practice throw to the live show, and the main camera did a full pan around the audience, looking like some kind of a drone shot, and followed what I'm guessing was a production assistant around while you could see all the open studio around the surprisingly small audience.  And then it glitched out and did the "Previously on..."recap about 3 times, and then finally synched up and went into the standard CBS feed.  We were very, very confused watching it.   

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8

I’m surprised that Brittney was so devastated by Michael’s “ save me” speech.  Was he not telling the truth? Wasn’t Brittney running around all week trying to induce others to take Michael out? ( that’s not a rhetorical question, sometimes the machinations they discuss are too complicated for me to follow).  I never thought he would go out without a fight so it was no surprise to me.  He did seem uncharacteristically bitter.  Must just be a poor loser.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

He did seem uncharacteristically bitter.  Must just be a poor loser.

Michael, like a lot of people who believe they "deserve" something, decided to be a jerk and ride the bitter boat when he realized he wasn't getting it. Brittany, who'd forgotten that this is ultimately a game show, was genuinely hurt by his sudden flip.

Michael's big problem was winning so many comps so early, thus marking himself as a threat who should be targeted. He should've taken a lesson from Xavier last season, who half-assed his early challenges so he WOULDN'T be seen as a threat, then turned it on towards the end.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I've really been cheering for Michael.  He's such a good player.  I really like him.

If I may whine for a bit, I went to Elton John last night.  On my TV, there's this video preview of each channel ON THE GUIDE that plays showing what's going on live.  I came home at 10:50 pm, turned on my TV, flipped to Global on the guide (not the channel itself, JUST ON THE GUIDE!) without thinking, and there was Michael's face.  TOTALLY forgot it's 2 hours.  Spoiled the result right to myself.  LOL.  God.  I was shockingly not that disappointed with the fact that I spoiled myself.

Apparently I can't turn this video preview off, but I did suggest it to the provider.  I'm sure that suggestion will go far, not.  LOL.

I'm finding Brittany more and more annoying with each passing episode.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Meh, fuck Britney. Michael spoke so fast, but wasn't everything he said accurate? She got behind the wheel of that bus first, imo, and at that point it was do or die.

He was far from perfect, but I'm very disappointed to see Michael go. Silver lining is that it sounds like he'll be in full lawyer-mode in support of Taylor if she can squeak through to the finale. Doubtful, but possible.

Rooting for Monte and Britney to go to jury next. 

I also don't believe all that blubbering, she's doing it for jury votes.  Puhhhhleeaze.  Isn't she a hypnotherapist and doesn't she brag about being a master manipulator?  That's..... what she is doing!

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m surprised that Brittney was so devastated by Michael’s “ save me” speech.  Was he not telling the truth? Wasn’t Brittney running around all week trying to induce others to take Michael out? ( that’s not a rhetorical question, sometimes the machinations they discuss are too complicated for me to follow).  I never thought he would go out without a fight so it was no surprise to me.  He did seem uncharacteristically bitter.  Must just be a poor loser.

Yes!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought Michael's exit was brilliant.  Telling them to sit because he has something to say, then walking out the door! Great way to avoid all the  hugs and "i love you's" that are fake as hell.

Yeah, and I understand not wanting to hug in that moment (I wouldn’t, either), but I think that was more about creating a memorable exit. It wasn’t quite walk-across-the-table memorable, but it was something, I guess.

22 hours ago, LittleBit214 said:

I don't understand how Kyle is a racist.

He's not....at least not based on anything he did on this show. It seems to be fine if anyone who isn't white bands together to target white people but God forbid anyone even NOTICES that that's been done before and may be done again...then it's time to brand that person every name in the book.  The whole thing has been so overwrought and ridiculous. If I were Kyle I would not have apologized or kowtowed to this stupid attitude for one second. Stop apologizing and saying you have to "learn" when you haven't done anything wrong. Too late for that, I guess.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ray Banz said:

He's not....at least not based on anything he did on this show. It seems to be fine if anyone who isn't white bands together to target white people but God forbid anyone even NOTICES that that's been done before and may be done again...then it's time to brand that person every name in the book.  

Keep in mind that you’re only seeing an edited version of events. 

And if you think the Cookout was about targeting white people, then you don’t understand the Cookout at all.

• Applause 4
  • Love 8
On 9/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

Taylor is great at quick-changing from dress clothes to athletic gear.

Not Taylor’s first quick-change rodeo; she had to do the exact same thing last week, when she was OTB beside Kyle on Eviction Night.  😉

16 hours ago, ilovebeaarthur said:

Chenbot malfunction

Hadn’t they caught the headlines about the CA power grid glitches?

• LOL 3

I AM COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED WHAT JUST HAPPENED THIS LAST WEK!!!!
They literally all kicked Kyle out of the house because he had “thoughts” of maybe an all black alliance forming like the cookout last year which absolutely everybody should have been on high alert because that was an amazing alliance that worked together like clock work! He DID NOT have disparaging remarks against minorities, Just that he thought they could potentially be working together and I think he had every right to think that after what happened last year! 
But the most disgusting part about this is that Terrence literally pitch an alliance to bring all three of them ( Terrance, Monte, Taylor) to the final end AND comparing them the the Cookout himself!! He acted like he was so pissed off about Kyle but yet he’s doing exactly the reason why they all voted Kyle out for just “thinking” it….and he wants to take an all black alliance to the final?? Seriously? WTF??? What a frickin lying FRAUD ! I AM SO HAPPY HE IS OUT!! PEOPLE LIKE HIM IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA!!

Sigh….Just watched Thursday’s show.  Done watching.  Michael was an outstanding player.  Brittany rode the whole way on his coat tails.  If she wins, I’ll scream!  I’ll just read the boards and hope that Taylor wins.  

I’m probably paranoid, but I wonder about the timing of the double eviction.  Michael not being able to play for hoh was definitely going to be his demise.  I’ve only watched the show for a few years, but I keep thinking there’s a lot of producer manipulation going on.  I probably won’t even bother next year.

• Love 5