Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

(edited)

Is it impossible to get even a day without Paulina?  Now she's hounding city employees to clear the bridge so she can get out to look for her daughter who's not even really missing??  She treats her job as the mayor as if the entire city of Salem works for her benefit.  What a pain in the ass.  Now she's going out to radiate everyone in her path because she feels like it?  

Poor Johnnie.  He's stuck with loudmouth Julie at the cabin and soon he'll have foghorn Paulina in his face.  Poor guy just cannot win.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, boes said:

Now she's hounding city employees to clear the bridge so she can get out to look for her daughter who's not even really missing??

So Smith Island is close enough Salem city services can clear the bridge but somehow they have a raging snow storm while everyone in Salem is walking around in short sleeves?  Is there some sort of line where the temperature drops 40 degrees when you cross it?  

And is Paulina thinking she is just so full of hot air that she'll personally plow a path across the bridge by screeching at the snow?  Otherwise, yup, go find your daughter and put her at risk of developing serious side-effects from YOUR radiation.  Mother love at its finest I'd say.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Today had me seething. Radioactive Paulina hugging all over Chanel, directly exposing her to radiation. I imagine there will be repercussions for her, probably fertility issues. In addition she exposed Julie, an elderly person who is also vulnerable. At least Julie called her on it.

Meanwhile, Maggie proposes to the awful Konstantin and says he can continue to cradle and sing to Victoria in person if he accepts. Does she not give a crap that the baby's PARENTS have asked her to not let this man be around their child? I'd put her on supervised visits from now on.

Kon's wife signed divorce papers then vanished. She is either murdered by Kon, or ran away before he could kill her and the divorce isn't final. Either way, she is attending the Kon/Maggie wedding.

I do enjoy the thought of Eric working for Xander. That could be very amusing

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kon's wife signed divorce papers then vanished. She is either murdered by Kon, or ran away before he could kill her and the divorce isn't final. Either way, she is attending the Kon/Maggie wedding.

Do you think Show might be making Kon's ex-wife into Xander's mother?  If that's the case, Xander obviously doesn't know there's a connection but unconsciously it could contribute to how antagonistic he's felt to Kon since first meeting him, and likewise, how Kon disliked Xander on sight.  It would tie back to Kon's strife with Victor, as well.

Show has been so vague about defining Xander's mom that I'm just wondering......

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Useful 8

Well that makes sense.  Konstantin's reasoning behind making Alex Victor's secret son make no sense - his only way to get any funds from it is for Theresa to marry Alex and give Don money.  He has to hate Xander to make it happen.

• Like 4

It definitely crossed my mind today, the only problem is that Kon told Theresa that he knew that Victor had an affair with Titus' wife. We have to remember that Xander was initially raised by Titus and his mother, and that is why Victor was ok with the situation, as he knew his brother was there. That does not tie into Kon's situation at all.

I think the wife ran away because Kon was going to kill her, that the divorce was never finalized, and that Steve will find her just in time to attend the wedding. I also think Kon plans to use John to kill Maggie once he has sealed the deal. Will Theresa really let this all happen? She supposedly loves Maggie

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Gads, I was rolling my eyes so hard during today's episode!  Paulina just jumps up & leaves the hospital with no one seeing her & then she DRIVES A SNOWPLOW to the cabin!  When did she learn to operate heavy equipment?!  It is so absurd, even the road plow guys could not get through.  They are really pushing hard on this Mother Love for her Child angle with Paulina & Chanel!  Sheesh, and now Chanel will probably end up sick or disabled because of the exposure to her Mother's radiation!  Some "Mother Love" that is!  Paulina is such an annoying character!  And she looked like a goof with that fur hat stuck on the top of her head!  Paulina needs to get lost in the snow!

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I was only not that bothered by Paulina's actions today for the simple reason that she was called out on her recklessness at the end of the episode.  If she hadn't been called to the carpet, then I would've been more bothered.  But at least the writers did acknowledge that while she saved Chanel, she also might've badly fucked up with her, Johnny, and Julie.  Not to mention with whomever else she came into contact.

• Useful 2

Paulina is terrible.  She put so many people at risk and she didn't care. 

I guess no children for Chanel. Will she say "it happens" then. 

Maggie is brainless.  Konstantine attacked the maid and Maggie still condone it. She should have kicked him out right then and there.  She forgave him while seeing him go off on that.  He has no reason to stay in Salem, send him home not marry him.  Xander wants him nowhere near his daughter and Maggie shouldn't be at this point either or hired back at Titan. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
21 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Paulina is terrible.  She put so many people at risk and she didn't care. 

I guess no children for Chanel. Will she say "it happens" then. 

Maggie is brainless.  Konstantine attacked the maid and Maggie still condone it. She should have kicked him out right then and there.  She forgave him while seeing him go off on that.  He has no reason to stay in Salem, send him home not marry him.  Xander wants him nowhere near his daughter and Maggie shouldn't be at this point either or hired back at Titan. 

Everything Artsda said and more.  Did we really, really need yet one more John and RoboMar extended tongue bath, too??

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

My head hurts.....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hate Leo.

I think under different circumstances I could enjoy this type of character, but I really don't.

He's an awful person no matter how you look at him, rattling off indulgent dialogue constantly and yet still being tolerated by people who should want him to shut up and go away.

And somehow, he's the only gay representation this show still has? Seriously? How did that happen?

Even the Fairy Godfather joke he keeps making is awful.

He's wedged into stories he has no place being in.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
56 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate Leo.

I think under different circumstances I could enjoy this type of character, but I really don't.

He's an awful person no matter how you look at him, rattling off indulgent dialogue constantly and yet still being tolerated by people who should want him to shut up and go away.

And somehow, he's the only gay representation this show still has? Seriously? How did that happen?

Even the Fairy Godfather joke he keeps making is awful.

He's wedged into stories he has no place being in.

YES to all of your post, DisneyBoy.  I don't find him funny or sympathetic or much of anything other than embarrassingly awful.  I don't know who created the character and decided to write him this way, but he seems like a caricature from the bad old days.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

So unfortunately Maggie is not playing the Kon. I'm so disappointed in her. And Theresa if she lets this happen knowing he is planning to take her money and run.

Wendy is still boring as fuck.

I can't take Stefan seriously until he shaves

Harris is all self righteous and in EJ's face but he is covering up his own shooting. Get off your high horse.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know who created the character and decided to write him this way, but he seems like a caricature from the bad old days.  

I am pretty sure he is one of Re-Ron's faves because he thinks that is how HE (Ron) is or should be.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Wendy is still boring as fuck.

Noooooooot to me.  I thought, again, that Victoria Grace was good today.  Especially when she mentioned passing Goldman's desk and being reminded of the tank again.

Though I don't get why she'd consider Goldman "demonic" when she was really only following Clyde's orders.

(edited)

At this point Maggie deserves what ever Konstantine does and takes from her.  I feel no sympathy for her being conned when she ignored the warnings from Xander, John and Steve. 

Then we're supposed to believe she should be at Titan? She's a moron not a CEO. 

I liked the Dimeras today.  Stefan can go anytime though. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 8

Again with the Dimera board not being good with a criminal running the company?  The company was FOUNDED by a crook and pretty much only crooks have run it ever since.  

And of all the crooks with the possible exception of Stefano, Kristen is the most crooked and psychotic of them all.  Yeah sure, she'll be the next centerfold in Business Weekly.

I would have no problem though, if the Dimera Board wouldn't let Stefan run the company just because they all hate his moustache as much as I do.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

I didn't know this was still on. I think the last time I watched, it was 1994/1995, and Marlena was possessed by the devil. This was after a woman had been buried alive, by another woman, and she had married Victor, for some reason. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So unfortunately Maggie is not playing the Kon. I'm so disappointed in her. And Theresa if she lets this happen knowing he is planning to take her money and run.

What's this...? Audiences don't enjoy plotlines that ruin well-established characters completely by having them do inane and idiotic things for months on end to force drama? *Drops Daytime Emmy Award*

Question: what did Kon say to justify him staying in the US? What's his cover story? We know he wants to get Maggie's money, but what explanation did he invent to cover for suddenly abandoning his restaurant and life in Greece?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Question: what did Kon say to justify him staying in the US? What's his cover story? We know he wants to get Maggie's money, but what explanation did he invent to cover for suddenly abandoning his restaurant and life in Greece?

Weeeel.....according to KONstanteen, "the greeeeek MAFiyah wants to KEEELL" him. 

Though, I can guarantee, not as much as I do.

That's one of the things he's told MAAAAGeee.  He's also conned Xander into believing that.  At least I think it's a con.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, Anela said:

I didn't know this was still on. I think the last time I watched, it was 1994/1995, and Marlena was possessed by the devil. This was after a woman had been buried alive, by another woman, and she had married Victor, for some reason. 

Welcome! Marlena still gets possessed on occasion, for old time's sake.

Victor passed away last year and his illegitimate son, Xander, is unaware that the man who tortured him and kept his paternity a secret for decades is actually his father.

May I pour you a drink? After meeting some of the new characters, you might need one.

• LOL 7
(edited)
49 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So he’s an illegal immigrant? Looks like the illegal immigrant issue isn’t confined to the border with Mexico!  

Edited by norcalgal
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What's this...? Audiences don't enjoy plotlines that ruin well-established characters completely by having them do inane and idiotic things for months on end to force drama? *Drops Daytime Emmy Award*

Some crap about how much he has grown to love Salem and can't bear to leave. I don't think there ever was Greek mafia involved. Xander believes it because it was a plausible reason for Victoria being snatched. I doubt this wedding will happen now that they have brought up a first wife, but if I were Sarah and Xander I'd be putting Maggie on supervised visits right now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, boes said:

Again with the Dimera board not being good with a criminal running the company?  The company was FOUNDED by a crook and pretty much only crooks have run it ever since.

Ah, but none of them have ever been convicted.  And the rare times that one of them was convicted, it turned out to be falsely so.

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ah, but none of them have ever been convicted.  And the rare times that one of them was convicted, it turned out to be falsely so.

Kristen has been convicted many times, but she keeps getting pardoned due to her own machinations. 

• Like 4

Kristen did time. I don't remember for what or how she got out - it wasn't enough, given ber history - but it was during Chloe and Brady's reunion cause I remember her manipulating Rachel into hating her and reporting back.

I wish we'd see Mr Shin from time to time.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Kristen did time. I don't remember for what or how she got out - it wasn't enough, given ber history - but it was during Chloe and Brady's reunion cause I remember her manipulating Rachel into hating her and reporting back.

She went to jail for withholding the orchid that could have saved Marlena, Kate and Kayla. Once they all died she was charged with some sort of negligence causing death, but when they all sprang to life she was still in jail. She blackmailed her way out using Megan to get a full pardon.

She also went to jail for stabbing Victor, I don't remember how she got absolved of that one

• Like 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

She also went to jail for stabbing Victor, I don't remember how she got absolved of that one

Was that when she went on the run with Lani and they ended up hiding out in that convent?

5 minutes ago, boes said:

Was that when she went on the run with Lani and they ended up hiding out in that convent?

No, that time she was avoiding prosecution for killing Haley. 

It is so hard to keep track of her crimes and jail times isn't it?

• LOL 11

Great to see Thomas today :) He's such a good actor. Love him and BF as father and son bonding. Chad can stay single permanently if it means we get meaningful relationship development between him and his kids.

Disappointed the card subplot seems to have gone nowhere though. Is Thomas playing any part in it at all now? If not...was it just a stall? Something to kill time?

YMMV, but Kon and Maggie are often kinda sweet together. I hate the underpinnings of this storyline because a more nuanced "they like each other but it's not the right time" senior romance storyline would have been appreciated. Those things do happen, even if they aren't super dramatic.

Just like babysitting! Jarlena being kindly old grandparents on babysitting duty for a whole episode shouldn't be so thrilling to me, but when the usual headwriter makes everything into !!!MOMENT!!! and we know we're only going to get quiet sensitive writing like this for a few more weeks, I'm eating it up with gratitude. Thanks Sherri!

Simple stuff like that is what soaps were built on. Real people. Real feelings.

Heck, I even got into the niceness of Jada and Rafe being together. He finally has a gal who only wants him and doesn't see him as a consolation prize. Awww. Congrats. Now marry her and leave town pronto you boring doofus!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

So today Con Kon is pronouncing "Maggie" instead of his prior "Moggie." Maybe Holly will stop being "Holy", too. I can't wait for this SL to be over.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Kristen has been convicted many times, but she keeps getting pardoned due to her own machinations. 

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But she was never the CEO, so that's different.  If she wants to be that this time, then they're going to have to find some way to work around that.  Though I guess that the pardons might negate that like they did in her custody case for Rachel.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

YMMV, but Kon and Maggie are often kinda sweet together. I hate the underpinnings of this storyline because a more nuanced "they like each other but it's not the right time" senior romance storyline would have been appreciated. Those things do happen, even if they aren't super dramatic.

I agree. They could have even had Kon fall in love while running the con, that's a classic lol. What they're doing with this is both infuriating and boring.

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Great to see Thomas today :) He's such a good actor. Love him and BF as father and son bonding. Chad can stay single permanently if it means we get meaningful relationship development between him and his kids.

For me, BF has never had romantic chem with a woman (men, that's another story lol) but he does have lovely familial chem with Thomas so I agree. I'm afraid they're about to put him back with Stephanie only for Abilgail to return, which is such a bad idea.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I am hoping that Thomas did a quick switch and still has the card, because it would be a horrible waste of an opportunity if KonMan just got the card again and nothing happened.By the time Thomas mentions it to anyone who could figure it out, it will be winter.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am hoping that Thomas did a quick switch and still has the card, because it would be a horrible waste of an opportunity if KonMan just got the card again and nothing happened.By the time Thomas mentions it to anyone who could figure it out, it will be winter.

What's stupid is that it doesn't need to be THAT card, John can be triggered by any image, plastic model, photo, drawing whatever of a pagoda, that is what was established with the Orion plot in 1988

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

Everett should write an article about the personal bias of the police commissioner using blackmail and his ignoring mental health issues. 

I can't even listen to Konstantine. Thomas should have not given the card and Chad should not have his kids in the house with that man. 

I liked the original reason Everett didn't sign the papers he shouldn't have given in. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Everett should write an article about the personal bias of the police commissioner using blackmail and his ignoring mental health issues.

Everett was completely right to call Rafe out.  I like Rafe more than most (or at least I tolerate him more than most), but he was the pinnacle of unprofessional today.  I get that he's trying to support Jada, but that was none of his business, as Everett tried to tell him.  Hell, even Jada is lightening up on Everett at least a little bit.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 7
On 4/18/2024 at 8:44 PM, Artsda said:

At this point Maggie deserves what ever Konstantine does and takes from her.  I feel no sympathy for her being conned when she ignored the warnings from Xander, John and Steve. 

I used to really like Maggie when she was an outspoken firebrand. Now she's a sack of hair. 

• Like 2

I, too, really enjoy the young actor playing Thomas, he is very good.  I was hoping he would not give the 'magic" card back, but maybe Thomas will spy on Kon and figure out what he is doing with it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, brisbydog said:

What's stupid is that it doesn't need to be THAT card, John can be triggered by any image, plastic model, photo, drawing whatever of a pagoda, that is what was established with the Orion plot in 1988

I doubt Kon knows that.

I do hope something more comes of Thomas briefly having the card. Otherwise, what a waste of time.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I, too, really enjoy the young actor playing Thomas, he is very good.  I was hoping he would not give the 'magic" card back, but maybe Thomas will spy on Kon and figure out what he is doing with it.

Which is something his maternal grandparents would do. If Jack/Jennifer were around this would've been a good story for them to be involved in through their grandson. Considering how close Jennifer/Maggie are she would have a personal investment in this.

• Like 6
On 4/16/2024 at 2:53 PM, DisneyBoy said:

On a separate note, Stefan as played by BB has never, ever been threatening or intimidating. His "surprising" escape from justice was in no way a shocker because when he walks up I always expect him to ask me to pass him a beer. He can't make a big "villain entrance" because he's not a compelling villain. He can frown all he likes, but I still just see a Jake...not a Stefan. Can we please let this character go already?

BB actually did a great job portraying a multi-layered villain on General Hospital. His name was Johnny Zacchara. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, spookyseason said:

BB actually did a great job portraying a multi-layered villain on General Hospital. His name was Johnny Zacchara. 

Funny.  I never saw Johnny as a villain.  Anthony and Claudia, sure, but not Johnny.  What did he do that was so villainous?

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Funny.  I never saw Johnny as a villain.  Anthony and Claudia, sure, but not Johnny.  What did he do that was so villainous?

He took advantage of a mentally ill character Connie(see Stefan/Abby) 

• Like 1