Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Thanks for bringing me up to speed guys!

It would have been such a fun idea to actually show the police walking through the attic with Rachel camouflaged amongst the toys. I can picture it. But the show seems miss all sorts of opportunities. 

...although, now that I think of it, why would there even be toys in the DiMansion attic at all? Chad and his brood haven't lived there in months.

Why didn't Kristen's custody agreement looked ripped up?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thanks for bringing me up to speed guys!

It would have been such a fun idea to actually show the police walking through the attic with Rachel camouflaged amongst the toys. I can picture it. But the show seems miss all sorts of opportunities. 

...although, now that I think of it, why would there even be toys in the DiMansion attic at all? Chad and his brood haven't lived there in months.

Why didn't Kristen's custody agreement looked ripped up?

I, too, wish they had showed the police searching the attic for Rachel and her being in her bear costume...it would have been like the scene from "ET" when ET hides in the closet amongst the stuffed animals while Elliott looks for him.  Rachel is in serious need of therapy!  Grandma Marlena needs to have a couple of sessions with Rachel.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

There was this great scene on One Life to Live where Starr hid among the toys in the attic by pretending she was a doll. OLTL could be genuinely hilarious.

Speaking of, did Days of Our Lives ever have a soap within a soap before? One Life to Live had Fraternity Row in the late 80's, which was brought back by Ron during the end of One Life to Live. These snippets remind me of how Ron wrote Fraternity Row, right with everyone having crazy wigs.

• Like 1

I wish every time Paulina opened her big mouth, the other person would just face palm her and push her down, let her flail on the ground like a turtle on it's back.

She's been eating screen time on Show as if it's the all-you-can-eat buffet at Olive Garden.  

Even Rafe doesn't deserve that kind of lip from Paulina.  NEVER thought I'd be saying that.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There was this great scene on One Life to Live where Starr hid among the toys in the attic by pretending she was a doll. OLTL could be genuinely hilarious.

Speaking of, did Days of Our Lives ever have a soap within a soap before? One Life to Live had Fraternity Row in the late 80's, which was brought back by Ron during the end of One Life to Live. These snippets remind me of how Ron wrote Fraternity Row, right with everyone having crazy wigs.

So.....ReRon strikes again?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I didn't start watching OLTL until I retired in 2010 and loved it.  Recently, I started watching 2007-2008 episodes on You Tube.   This show was SO GOOD.    I'm baffled how Ron could write such riveting storylines back then and be writing such crap on Days now.    The decided Ron must be writing Days to pay homage to the old soaps from radio days with the stilted dialogue--and the acting is pretty much in the same vein.    

• Like 1

Rachel knows that her mother has been in jail many times, so she can't think she is a complete saint. I am sure they lied and said it wasn't her fault, but, still. . .

It just sounds like more and more, ReRon is just writing for himself to show people just how very clever he is. That is way more important than any silly plot that makes sense.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I would like to propose a toast: To Belle, who gave Kristen only 50% of what she deserved, but did it beautifully. More please! 👏👏👏👏👏

But Brady, you Blockhead, you can't get brownie points with that kid. Stop spilling your guts. Who cares if you lied about her? Keep lying! You should have told Jada that you didn't have a key to that drawer and that Rachel ran away to Kristen's house because she's acting out. You can't outthink a 5 year old? For both of your sakes?

Leo and his double-entendres can disappear anytime. They aren't clever. They aren't fun. They are as annoying as Paulina. And so is that hideous sweater.

Ew. Gabi. 😔 They are ruining you. Bringing up Nick Fallon? Like you're some hardened badass? Please. As Li says, "this isn't necessary".

I see Gabi now and get sad. There's nothing to root for anymore. Anyone else feel the same way?

But Li, you still have potential. Do some more pushups and lifts, keep being likeable and sane and you might find a place on the canvas post-Gabi. Just not with Mama Melinda 2.0 please. She sucks.

EJ and Dimitri are the only two remotely interesting DiMeras....but they also cancel each other out.

I hate the contorting this show does to keep criminals free and clear. How many people has Kristen pointed a gun at or tried to kill? Hmmm: Marlena! John! Brady! Theresa! Melanie! Paul! Sami! Sarah! ....etc etc etc.

LOL! Looks like Brady finally heard your telepathic message. 

Can the idiotic Salem PD do the same?

I find it weird that in one episode we have two exact same stories about a character threatening an ex-lover with a gun....but one gets off scott-free and it's almost played for laughs....and the other is arrested and warned he'll go to prison.

What's up with that?

Brace yourselves for Kristen getting custody folks. 🤢

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brace yourselves for Kristen getting custody folks. 🤢

I hope she does.  Let Kristen suffer at the hands of that insufferable child and see how she likes it.  If she has that obnoxious brat living at the Dimera mansion with her, lets see how long EJ will put up it.  Not long, I bet.

Give Rachel her own room, locked in the basement secret room.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sas616 said:

I didn't start watching OLTL until I retired in 2010 and loved it.  Recently, I started watching 2007-2008 episodes on You Tube.   This show was SO GOOD.    I'm baffled how Ron could write such riveting storylines back then and be writing such crap on Days now.    The decided Ron must be writing Days to pay homage to the old soaps from radio days with the stilted dialogue--and the acting is pretty much in the same vein.    

Ron was a fan of OLTL and loved the show. With Days that's not the case. 

Maybe we need someone that cares about Days to actually write for this show?

Starr was a way better character as a kid I remember when she filled Max's tub with pirahnas(Ron didn't write then).

• Like 1
(edited)

No secrets with Rachel.   
Brady you don’t have to talk let your lawyer get you out of this.  I mean it’s not like his lawyer is Justin.   
Belle was awesome telling Kristin off.  I cheered!

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Melinda gave Brady the PERFECT out and neither he NOR Belle were smart enough to take it.  There is absolutely no proof that the gun was loaded.  All Brady (or Belle) had to say is that it wasn't loaded - voila, no felony.  

5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Rachel needs to be taken away from both her parents. Neither has control here 

Because Kristen is a psychopath and Brady is an idiot.

• Like 8
24 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Melinda gave Brady the PERFECT out and neither he NOR Belle were smart enough to take it.  There is absolutely no proof that the gun was loaded.  All Brady (or Belle) had to say is that it wasn't loaded - voila, no felony.  

Smart! You a lawyer? 😄

• LOL 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Rachel needs to be taken away from both her parents. Neither has control here 

Maybe send her to that farm in Tennessee or somewhere like that where the owners take in baby goats who haven't been properly trained and need to be made acceptable for human co-habitation.

Or, set loose to run free somewhere far, far, FAR away from Salem.  Someplace her mother, Kristen, thinks is a great vacation destination, like Devil's Island.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Brady pulls gun on Kristen and is hauled to jail 

Gabi pulls gun on Li. Just another day in Salem

Racheal didn’t snitch on Gabi.  And Gabi would be smart enough not to make the cops case for them.  Brady was so dumb yesterday. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Racheal didn’t snitch on Gabi.  And Gabi would be smart enough not to make the cops case for them.  Brady was so dumb yesterday. 

Brady has been dumb almost every day of his life.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Paul was nearly thwarted by those darts! LOL A funny flub there. The pause as he reached down and couldn't find them was fun. Even Nadia seemed amused.

Why was there a brown stain on the lapel of the robe, Chad?

I don't understand why they think we want to see any of this stuff today if Lani is still laying on the floor drugged and in danger.

I mean, I don't care what happens to her, but at least it's a more exciting storyline than Darts-As-Foreplay or Bonnie Babbles part 76.

Maggie seems really low energy. I bet Suzanne found it hard showing up for work without John. She deserves happier storylines, poor thing 😔

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t feel a bit sorry for Maggie. She can’t forgive Rex for cheating on Sarah, but she can forgive Xander? Whatever.

THIS!!!! I was just coming here to post about this. I know some will excuse it as Maggie's love for Xander because he saved her life, but it's still ridiculous. She can't forgive Rex for cheating on Sarah, but she can forgive Xander for lying to Sarah about her DEAD CHILD. On top of all the lies, he told her about his various crimes, including making Sarah feel like an asshole for questioning him about those crimes.

Oh, and shut up, Bonnie. The show is trying way too hard to show that she's turned over a new leaf with this BS that she can't lie convincingly to Xander, and that's it tearing her up so much to lie to him.

I was getting serious deja vu with Gabi and Stefan's scenes. Didn't they just have this EXACT conversation during their last episode together - about doing things together as a team? They seriously have nothing else left for them to do or talk about.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I don't even mind Maggie being Xander's friend but for fuck's sake it really is ridiculous for her to be holding a grudge against Rex if she's gonna forgive Xander for much worse.

I love Li/Melinda already.

I continue to enjoy the hell outta Xander/Chloe. Chloe is so alive in their scenes and Xander is so much more fun with her. Gah, I'm so sad they're going to be ruined by Sarah and her dumb baby lol.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

I, too, am enjoyed the Li/Melinda Trask scenes...they will make a devious pair.  And even tho I am a Xarah fan, Xander & Chloe scenes are fun & flirty, I loved their back & forth about the Darts game & then the Dart board falling off the wall :)  Paul Telfer & Nadia seem like they are really enjoying their scenes.  Chad & Stephanie are a boring couple, Chad is a jerk & Alex is a rude idiot.  Loved Justin's face while Bonnie was babbling on about Sarah.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paul was nearly thwarted by those darts! LOL A funny flub there. The pause as he reached down and couldn't find them was fun. Even Nadia seemed amused.

Why was there a brown stain on the lapel of the robe, Chad?

I don't understand why they think we want to see any of this stuff today if Lani is still laying on the floor drugged and in danger.

I mean, I don't care what happens to her, but at least it's a more exciting storyline than Darts-As-Foreplay or Bonnie Babbles part 76.

Maggie seems really low energy. I bet Suzanne found it hard showing up for work without John. She deserves happier storylines, poor thing 😔

SR recently turned 80 so I think it's not that surprising she's low energy these days. 

Then again SSH (Julie) is the same age and incredibly lively in her scenes. I guess it varies.

I also have to agree that Maggie just looks terrible and as someone that actually likes her as opposed to most Days fans on Twitter. This is hard for me to face and honestly I just wish Sarah would cut ties with her entirely. Although that could've easily been done with her resenting Maggie for her affair with Neil all those years ago. However that would require using actual history on this show.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Really enjoyed Li/Melinda and Xander/Chloe. 

Chad’s such a little bitch. Not that Alex isn’t obnoxious. I just hate Stephanie and Chad scenes. So very boring. 

So sick of Gabi and Stefan. I can’t wait

Spoiler

for the Gabi actress to leave. I’m sure it’s not until 2024, though. *sigh*

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I loathe BenAlex. I was pleased Chad stood up to him today, and mentioned his daughter not wanting to see a half naked moron

Li and Melinda: yes please

Loving Xander and Chloe. Honestly I hope they stay together and the show recognizes that you can co parent with an ex. Sarah is awful to Xander now and he is pathetic with his constant trying to please her. 

Gabi and Stefan.. zzzzz

Why hasn't Maggie seen her daughter since February?

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Chad and Stephanie are so boring and waste of space.  If Alex didn't live across the hall they'd have no story. He should be in the Dimera stories or just go. Steffy needs to go regardless. 

I liked Li and Trask. 

Gabi foreshadowing she's going to be hurt. 

• Like 5

A few things about today's episode that seemed really stupid - First, just because Alex asked if he could join them for dinner, Chad or Stephanie could have simply said "No."  Are they really such wimps that they couldn't say "Sorry, we were planning a private evening, just the two of us?"  Oh wait, I just answered my own question.

And why did Bonnie and Justin feel compelled to answer Maggie just because she asked "what secret"?  Why on earth did Maggie immediately assume they were talking about someone she knew?  And couldn't they have just said it was about a confidence they promised to keep for someone and it had nothing to do with her?

And, this is really petty, but when Chloe and Xander were having sex on the couch did they really plan for one of them to open the door naked when the pizza actually came?  Pizza delivery person should get a REALLY big tip for having to deliver to that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I liked Li and Trask. We don’t get much of her human, funny side. The matchmaker may not have many clients so….

Alex was a jerk and Chad and Steph can set boundaries. Yes, you can use the shower but at X time and no you cannot stay for dinner.

Chloe and Xander are fun. The ‘good’ Xander can be charming.

Maggie, you have not seen your daughter since February?

Why didn’t Lani call the cops when she found Abe? Surely the cops will be able to use her foot monitor to find her.

Brady, your stupidity is paving the way for Kristen to get custody.

Leo, you or Dimitri will need to come clean to Gwennie. You are being gross to your friend.

Gabi and Stefan seem to have little to do.

• Like 8
(edited)

Eric's glee over Sloan being pregnant borders on creepy.  I'm used to him acting either all butt hurt or sullen, pouty or angry, so this glee about him hitting the bio jackpot is just a bit too much "The Handmaid's Tale" for me.  I fully expect him to go full on Gilead and start greeting people with "Blessed is the Fruit" and "May the Lord Open".

I'm hoping Holly goes hard on his ass someday for treating her as some second rate replacement child.  Maybe even Sloan will wake up to how she's little more than an incubator for him.  

I really enjoyed Show remembering how close Rafe and Johnny used to be and giving them some scenes together.  That was nice, though the little we saw of Johnny and Talia didn't do much.  Early days there.  As much as I hate to say it, Rafe being with Jada is the most interesting I've ever seen him.

Melinda and Li are an unlikely pairing but they were sorta fun together.  They could be an interesting couple if Show doesn't mess it up.

Tripp and Wendy are sort of like having oatmeal and cream of wheat for dinner.  Not offensive but defintely not memorable, either.

Edited by boes
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked Li and Trask. We don’t get much of her human, funny side. The matchmaker may not have many clients so….

Alex was a jerk and Chad and Steph can set boundaries. Yes, you can use the shower but at X time and no you cannot stay for dinner.

Chloe and Xander are fun. The ‘good’ Xander can be charming.

Maggie, you have not seen your daughter since February?

Why didn’t Lani call the cops when she found Abe? Surely the cops will be able to use her foot monitor to find her.

Brady, your stupidity is paving the way for Kristen to get custody.

Leo, you or Dimitri will need to come clean to Gwennie. You are being gross to your friend.

Gabi and Stefan seem to have little to do.

I drives me nuts when someone come across a clue or something important and then just stand around talking about it instead of taking immediate action.   Lani's supposed to be a cop and should have tried to call the PD or Rafe immediately.  THEN she could have had the conversation with her Dad.  John and Steve also should have contacted the PD as soon as they saw Jerry had left.   

• Like 6

The only thing that could make Wendy and Tripp more boring and lacking chemistry would be if they double dated with his sister and Chad. 

Melinda really blew that. Exactly why I can't stand her. 

I could have done without Rafe and Jada sex life public discussion. 

• LOL 3

Was trying to catch up on the show.   Two episodes behind.  Started to try and watch last night.    Started out good watching Melinda and Li.   She was telling a story about wine and a trip she felt free.  Then I must have fallen asleep because I woke up and they would kind of arguing about her taping him.  
I don’t know what happened or why she was taping him and was really too tired to go back.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Was trying to catch up on the show.   Two episodes behind.  Started to try and watch last night.    Started out good watching Melinda and Li.   She was telling a story about wine and a trip she felt free.  Then I must have fallen asleep because I woke up and they would kind of arguing about her taping him.  
I don’t know what happened or why she was taping him and was really too tired to go back.  

Apparently she was accidentally taping him. Li of course didn't believe that and thought she was tricking him into a confession 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Apparently she was accidentally taping him. Li of course didn't believe that and thought she was tricking him into a confession 

She SAID it was an accident - we don't actually know if it was. It seemed like she was really leading him which is what aroused his suspicions in the first place.

• Like 7

I really wish they would have just let Li/Trask find a friendship based on their conversations and then, who knows. It seems like she did realize that she was actually enjoying being with him and regretted the taping, but now she will have to beg and prove herself and he will never really trust her, which is too bad. And I don't believe that it was an accident, which means that she is adding lying to the mix. Really too bad.

• Like 7
13 hours ago, boes said:

Eric's glee over Sloan being pregnant borders on creepy.

Will the show really have Eric be the baby daddy within months of each baby being born?  I say this because of the assumption Eric is Nicole's baby daddy.

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don't have Peacock anymore, and until I read more posts on the "taping" (providing me with context clues), I thought the "tape" was masking/scotch tape!?!  lolololol 

• LOL 4
11 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Will the show really have Eric be the baby daddy within months of each baby being born?  I say this because of the assumption Eric is Nicole's baby daddy.

Total speculation here, but if both Sloan and Nicole end up actually having their babies, I bet Sloan and Nicole will both have their babies at the same time, Sloan's baby will die and she'll switch it with Nicole's.

Because he's not called Re Ron for nothing.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
20 minutes ago, boes said:

Total speculation here, but if both Sloan and Nicole end up actually having their babies, I bet Sloan and Nicole will both have their babies at the same time, Sloan's baby will die and she'll switch it with Nicole's.

Good speculation, except Nicole is much further along in her pregnancy - she's already at the point where they can determine sex.  Sloan would have to flat out kidnap Nicole's baby - not that I think it would be below Ron's standards to write that.  I'm foreseeing ANOTHER custody battle for a kid who will then end up in the DiMeara tunnels.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Nicole is way further along though. A switch would make no sense

I like the idea of one of the babies needing a transfusion in utero and Sloan needing to tell the truth 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
Just now, brisbydog said:

Nicole is way further along though. A switch would make no sense

I like the idea of one of the babies needing a transfusion in utero and Sloan needing to tell the truth 

I completely agree that it would make no sense.  My fear is that, to Ron C., not making sense doesn't bother him a bit.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

So, some questions....

Marlena had therapy sessions with various hospital patients while possessed? And they didn't show us that? Seems like that would suit Ron's sense of humor perfectly...

...I get the sense Ron is actually proud of his posession storyline. Baffling.🤦🏻‍♂️

Seeing Abe/Doug/any of the older veterans playing drugged up/incapacitated, etc, is very upsetting. Show: Stop?

The trained law enforcement professionals don't know how to locate her ankle bracelet the minute she goes AWOL? Interesting. Seems like they'd be tracking Lani the whole time if she was granted leave for only a few hours...right?

Why is Kate spiiling any of this Philip stuff to Paulina? Why is it important for her to know that Kate gets what she's going through...by revealing deeply private and totally unrelated information to someone she barely knows?

I know this is all a cover for the behind-the-scenes stuff, but wouldn't Kate try to protect Lucas from prison better than Philip? She's closer to him and knows Sami has messed with his heart (so to speak) so wouldn't she push for him to get committed?

Great motivation for Whitley. Super simple and sad. Glad they had a good explanation. Took long enough to get there. Wish we'd gotten some breadcrumbs along the way.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

So, some questions....

Marlena had therapy sessions with various hospital patients while possessed? And they didn't show us that? Seems like that would suit Ron's sense of humor perfectly...

...I get the sense Ron is actually proud of his posession storyline. Baffling.🤦🏻‍♂️

Seeing Abe/Doug/any of the older veterans playing drugged up/incapacitated, etc, is very upsetting. Show: Stop?

The trained law enforcement professionals don't know how to locate her ankle bracelet the minute she goes AWOL? Interesting. Seems like they'd be tracking Lani the whole time if she was granted leave for only a few hours...right?

Why is Kate spiiling any of this Philip stuff to Paulina? Why is it important for her to know that Kate gets what she's going through...by revealing deeply private and totally unrelated information to someone she barely knows?

I know this is all a cover for the behind-the-scenes stuff, but wouldn't Kate try to protect Lucas from prison better than Philip? She's closer to him and knows Sami has messed with his heart (so to speak) so wouldn't she push for him to get committed?

Great motivation for Whitley. Super simple and sad. Glad they had a good explanation. Took long enough to get there. Wish we'd gotten some breadcrumbs along the way.

Whitley mentioned in passing that her husband had died recently so I figured that would be the catalyst for what she did.  Obviously, the situation was much more serious and tragic than we knew.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And, of course, it never occurred to Marlena, psychiatrist extrodinaire to make sure she didn't harm anyone by, I don't know, CONDUCTING THERAPY WHILE POSSESSED?  She just thinks about that now?

Kate confiding in the biggest blabbermouth in Salem?  WTF?   No point in her doing this whatsoever.

John was REALLY obnoxious today.  That geriatric tough guy crap does not go over as well as the writers seem to think.  Especially since his approach seemed guaranteed to make  Jerry clam up and not tell them a thing - that is, if he didn't simply run away (try as they might, show can NEVER convince me that two old guys could outrun a young fit guy.)

So nurse King apparently just wheeled Lani to the docks and not one person saw them?

I'm just glad this Abe thing is getting wrapped up.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

John was REALLY obnoxious today.  That geriatric tough guy crap does not go over as well as the writers seem to think.  Especially since his approach seemed guaranteed to make  Jerry clam up and not tell them a thing - that is, if he didn't simply run away (try as they might, show can NEVER convince me that two old guys could outrun a young fit guy.)

I thought so, too.  All the posturing, along with the thing he does with his chin, then showing Jerry his gun inside his coat made me wish Jerry just took off and left those two blustering in the dust.

Maybe Lani might have wanted to be less obviously hostile to crazy Whitely, since she was the one tied to a chair and Whitely wasn't?  As usual with Lani, if she has the choice between a wise decision and a stupid one, she reaches for the stupid one every time.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I know this is all a cover for the behind-the-scenes stuff, but wouldn't Kate try to protect Lucas from prison better than Philip?

Maybe she likes Philip better than Lucas. I know that I do.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6