Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Guess they are to cheap to hire a realtor as they don’t let you just roam in out of empty apartments. 
   It was funny when Chad signed the lease I was thinking good it’s time for him to stop mooching off his family enter Brady 😂
    So anyone can go into those Dimera tunnels?

It would nice if Leo found a partner but I agree these two have zero chemistry.  

• Like 8

Well, Rachel is turning into a conniving little kid: takes after her Mother :)  Wonder how she will use that tidbit of info about Leo & Dmitri to her advantage?  The young actress is cute.   Leo is amusing but I'm not sure what else Dmitri sees in him....I agree with DisneyBoy that Dmitri is playing both Leo & Gwen.   Does Chad not have enough money to buy a nice big house for his family?!  He is moving into what looks like a tiny apartment?!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Leo is amusing but I'm not sure what else Dmitri sees in him....I agree with DisneyBoy that Dmitri is playing both Leo & Gwen.

I was so turned off by this very, unexpected event that I had to fast forward. I found the whole thing disgusting. He's literally screwing over his "bestie". And this is not the first time he's betrayed Gwen in a major way. She's no saint by a long shot, but Leo continues to prove his skeeviness.  

Does Chad not have enough money to buy a nice big house for his family?!  He is moving into what looks like a tiny apartment?

The same argument can be made about Brady, Kristen, Nicole, etc. They all should have money but live in these small apartments or hotels. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Chad moved his 2 kids from houses with yards to a tiny apartment? He really only exists for Stephanie plot. 

Maggie really thinks it's the room or mattress? Why wouldn't Alex move out with how she's treated him.  Maggie is now saying he's family? Lol 

How often has Rachel been at the Dimeras to know the tunnels? 

Shocking Dimitri is gay that wasn't predictable at all.  Leo not telling Gwen instantly would be bad writing since he's been so obsessed with saving her and he throws it all to jump into bed with Dimitri. 

Victor would not be ok with Chad Dimera back at Titan, he fired him didn't he? He also wouldn't be ok with his family being fired, moving out and  going to work at Dimera. Maggie is ruining this family and company. 

• Like 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, polodog said:

Gwen saying can you sanitize the desk?   Finally the writers are listening to us.

Now if they'd only listen long enough to hear we'd also like a decent story.  

Oh, and have OllieBenAlex fall to his death on top of Leo, accidentally taking out Kristen and her runt, bouncing off Gwen on the way down.  Then, if all bodies roll downhill and accidentally hit Paulina, well, at least Chanel can make a great big funeral pie.

Or.....am I asking for too much, do you think?

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Oh, and have OllieBenAlex fall to his death on top of Leo, accidentally taking out Kristen and her runt, bouncing off Gwen on the way down. Then, if all bodies roll downhill and accidentally hit Paulina, well, at least Chanel can make a great big funeral pie.

Or.....am I asking for too much, do you think?

I think I want you to marry me.  There's a problem.  There's 40 million dollars on the line, but I'm in love with Leo.

Edited 7 hours ago by boes

• LOL 6
22 minutes ago, polodog said:

I think I want you to marry me.  There's a problem.  There's 40 million dollars on the line, but I'm in love with Leo.

Given who Gwen is, and pretty much everyone knows who Gwen is,  I guess it would make far too much sense for Dmitri (or Leo) to simply tell Gwen about the money, offer her a sufficient cut, and get her to pretend she is in a rapturously happy marriage for the required amount of time.  They then find acceptable "grounds for divorce" and go on their merry way, both considerably richer.  Instead, they are going to try to get us to all feel sorry for poor, heartbroken Gwen, who, this time, actually believes she really has a shot at love.  Sorry, I'm just too caught up in how someone can be so incredibly stupid to feel any sympathy for her.

On another note, we're supposed to think that ring is something a rich person would wear or give.  Yup, bad cubic zirconia (not even a good manufactured diamond) that is the size of a ring pop REALLY screams rich to me.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Given who Gwen is, and pretty much everyone knows who Gwen is,  I guess it would make far too much sense for Dmitri (or Leo) to simply tell Gwen about the money, offer her a sufficient cut, and get her to pretend she is in a rapturously happy marriage for the required amount of time. 

Ugh, that would have been such a better story! I was really hoping it would go there. They could even do it still now and just bring Leo into it, too. Sigh.

Gwen has always been starved for love so I can honestly get why she's acting this way but I wish they would take her back to being a bad bitch because she's much more fun that way.

• Like 8

Tripp and Johnnys fighting looked like a dance. 
Stefan was annoying today.  Even if he was right he is still annoying.  
not sure Harris is really cured?   Seems to easy. ..
Who is looking forward to Wendi finally choosing her one and only ?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Melinda's comment to Shawn about shooting his dad was very below the belt, even for her.  I don't advocate violence, but she's lucky she didn't get a slap or neck grab for that one. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 7/10/2023 at 7:14 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Does Chad not have enough money to buy a nice big house for his family?!  He is moving into what looks like a tiny apartment?!

Oh it's just Chad moving in. The kids are...with Julie? At camp? Boarding school? Playing in traffic? Yeah. Whatever. 

On 7/10/2023 at 9:13 PM, Artsda said:

Victor would not be ok with Chad Dimera back at Titan, he fired him didn't he? He also wouldn't be ok with his family being fired, moving out and  going to work at Dimera. Maggie is ruining this family and company. 

Listen, Maggie has to wake up every morning and style that hair before she even gets to start her day. Cut the woman some slack.

Chad worked at Titan? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

This is such a weird episode.

No one cares about Harris' feewings. He could have disappeared between scenes (like Bo and Hope *ahem*) and no one would have begged for a wrap-up to his arc.

Kate asks a guy to kill someone...and she admits it...and the guy feels badly for agreeing and asks to be committed...but she's all "whoopsie"? Shouldn't she be arrested?

The Chanel/Johnny/Tripp/Wendy situation is dull and pointless. I root for no one. Chanel and Johnny could work except for the fact she banged his sister.

I really enjoyed Shawn today at least. Seeing him in therapy would have been meaningful. I feel like he hasn't spoken to Marlena at all in years.

New Mayor is evil-ing too hard, too fast. Not loving it.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Thoughts on this week:

Leo is weak and gross. SO much for loving his bestie. One flash of DVL penis and he forgot all about her

Seeing Rafe get fired for not keeping it in his pants gave me joy

Xander and the cactus picture was hysterical. Chloe has been given life in this pairing. Pity Sarah is out there with that baby

Kristen continues to be the worst mother on the planet. But no shock there

Brady is never going to get an apartment, but he seems to be not that into looking. Why wouldn't Chad rent (OR BUY??) a house. He might have two kids somewhere

Yay. Wendy chose Tripp. They are still boring. Poor Johnny. Second time he has been in this situation. Wish they would just put him with Chanel and go with what works for him. 

Jason Morgan 2.0 don't care. Marlena/Dee was sleeping through their scenes as much as I was. Nobody cares Kate put a hit on Megan. In this town it's not even a crime.

Nice to see Steve and Kayla get some moments. 18 year old me loved them so

• Like 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Poor Johnny. Second time he has been in this situation. Wish they would just put him with Chanel and go with what works for him. 

It took Tripp a few tries to win out in a love triangle so maybe Johnny will win his next one!

I actually fast forwarded all those scenes. I like Wendy but she was dull as hell in that triangle. 

The new mayor is such a dick. I like him already lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Steve Burton is the worst, no matter what show he's on.  He's no different, no matter what show, either.

Johnny escaped a bullet with Wendy choosing Tripp.  Currently, she's far more annoying than either of them.  It's hard remembering I once liked her.

Did one of Abe's suits come to life as the new mayor?  He's like a polyester person.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The new mayor is such a dick. I like him already lol

I was into it, too. As a short-term character in any event. I looked the actor up and it looks like he's a pretty seasoned supporting character actor, which makes sense. He felt pretty comfortable on screen.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:14 PM, polodog said:

Maybe it's the Dimitri, Leo story that has me thinking outside of the box, but I thought Johnny, Tripp had more chemistry with each other than  with Wendy.

Tripp and Johnny have the awesome bro chemistry. Still think he would have made a better Joey instead of Johnny. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

I just HATE it when anyone plays with people's true emotions and forces them to suffer needlessly. I am glad they didn't show the funeral, but the whole concept makes me furious.

I still don't get the whole Abe kidnapping story. What was her end game? If she was always going to keep him and move away, why didn't she already do that? I think this is yet another story that the writers really didn't plan for and have no way out.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I still don't get the whole Abe kidnapping story. What was her end game? 

She's off her rocker so she probably didn't think it through. She clearly didn't plan this all out. She just developed an obsession with Abe and then happened to have the opportunity to kidnap him so she took it.

Another good episode. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Looks like we're finally getting to the end of the Abe kidnapping story. The walls are closing in on Nurse King. No surprise that everyone but the illustrious Salem PD is solving it all. Lani, Steve and John are closing in while the cops do nothing

Typical.

I will miss the soap within a soap, though

• Like 9

I know it's not meant to be funny but it was to me, today.

They all get home from the funeral that wasn't, and Chanel is all "Can I make everyone some banana bread?  How about some Baked Alaska?  Want me to roll you in dough and bake you at 350 for 45 minutes, Mama?  You know, like Abe used to do?  How about individual hams for everyone?  I know!  I'll make up a batch of funeral frosting and then Theo and I will strip down and do some cream cheese frosting funeral wrestling?  Nobody wants anything???  LET ME COOK, DAMMIT!

All being said by someone who hasn't eaten a pastry since time began.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Looks like we're finally getting to the end of the Abe kidnapping story. The walls are closing in on Nurse King. No surprise that everyone but the illustrious Salem PD is solving it all. Lani, Steve and John are closing in while the cops do nothing

Typical.

I will miss the soap within a soap, though

Honestly, though, as far as John goes, Drake played a cop well enough as Roman [even if the department still never solved much!].

It's too bad John somehow could not keep being a cop even after Roman returned. Especially since "blue collar" fit Drake/RoJohn better than rich businessman ever did.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Fake Theo is way better an actor than Real Theo. I kind of want them to keep Jerry around. Another triangle for Johnny with Chanel where she picks the other guy lol

Unfortunately neither one can act. The only actor in this mess of a storyline is James.

• Like 5

At this point Rachel wants to be with Kristen because nobody especially Brady has told her anything about her saintly mother in her eyes. So she should get at least visitation or supervised visits. 

Something should be done to revisit the arrangement since it's what Rachel wants, she keeps running away, she's a demon child and nobody is enlightening her or trying to parent her. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Kristin made the kid dress as a stuffed animal and hide in the attic.  Then wanted to play tea like the Rachel was a preschooler. 
Kristin is nuts. 
I don’t blame Brady for not saying anything bad about Rachel’s mom. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Kristin made the kid dress as a stuffed animal and hide in the attic.  Then wanted to play tea like the Rachel was a preschooler. 
Kristin is nuts. 

This actually happened!?

How did I miss this?

I never tune in on the right days...

16 hours ago, tribeca said:

What is wrong with Marlena and Belle ?   No way should Kristin have custody of any child.   

Wait....what'd they say??

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

At this point Rachel wants to be with Kristen because nobody especially Brady has told her anything about her saintly mother in her eyes. So she should get at least visitation or supervised visits. 

Something should be done to revisit the arrangement since it's what Rachel wants, she keeps running away, she's a demon child and nobody is enlightening her or trying to parent her. 

I think John and Marlena should get temporary guardianship. They are the only stable adults in this child's life

Also she is old enough to hear that her mother is a psychotic criminal 

I can't believe this brat is Isabella's granddaughter. I hope Tate is better 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Except for Friday’s show, I am caught up.

Of course, there was no real funeral for Mayor Carver. His Deputy is something else. Taking care of Chanel and Rafe!

I still have no idea why the nurse kidnapped him. Him showing up on the soap - he is hallucinating from the drugs?  Nice to see you, Lani.

And we get an Allie Horton mention.

Brady is incapable of finding a house? Chad too? As if a young family needs an 
apartment more suited to a single person. Tiny kitchen. Both Chad and Brady can afford a house,

Leo, some friend you are to your bestie. Admit your skeeviness, tell Gwen he love bombing fiance is using her. And frauding her. She can get an annulment for fraud. If Dimitri is gay or bi, tell her this and she can still marry him.

Xander and the cactus was hilarious. I agree that he and Chloe sparkle.

Tripp and Johnny duking it out?

No one can find a submarine in the Salem River, much less the Mayor’s body?

Rachel is taking after her mom.

Harris Michaels needs Bayview? Just move to Chicago or Boston.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

Watched Friday’s ep. A bit confusing with Abe seeing his life on TV and maybe getting some of his memories back through folks on the soap.

Yep, everyone except the low staffed Salem PD is figuring things out. Jerry needs more acting lessons. He crumbled like a cookie with Lani. 

Kristen, maybe act like a rational human being and you might get to see your daughter.

Surprised more Salemites don’t go to the mansion via the tunnels and clean the place out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 7/15/2023 at 10:47 AM, brisbydog said:

I think John and Marlena should get temporary guardianship. They are the only stable adults in this child's life

Also she is old enough to hear that her mother is a psychotic criminal 

I can't believe this brat is Isabella's granddaughter. I hope Tate is better 

Lol, Rachel's grandmothers are Isabella and her namesake Rachel Blake. That child is 100% Kristen. Post breakdown Kristen to be exact. 

• Like 2

Yesterday’s ep ended with Abe on the couch when Lani burst in, today’s starts with Abe in a chair when Lani bursts in. So they aren’t even trying anymore. Or still…

I did briefly wonder how they would get around Lani not calling anyone right away, but her not having a phone due to being in prison makes sense. 

Maybe saving Abe is how she gets out of prison. Not that I need her back on the show permanently. 

• Like 6
On 7/13/2023 at 8:12 AM, DanaMB said:

Funerals for the non-dead occur so often on the show they no longer air them. Not that I mind missing out on Paulina’s caterwauling. 

Welp, today made up for it. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I caught the last 15, including Rachel being carted off by Brady, Belle telling Kristen to suck it, Jada arresting Brady, Rate covering for Lani and Lani getting drugged.

Action packed! Wish I'd seen the rest.

Questions: 

-Did we actually see Rachel dressed up like a stuffed animal in the attic?

-Why was Abe seeing himself on the tv soap?

-How did Lani piece together Whitley's involvement?

I used to be able to play catch up with episodes online but not so much anymore.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I caught the last 15, including Rachel being carted off by Brady, Belle telling Kristen to suck it, Jada arresting Brady, Rate covering for Lani and Lani getting drugged.

Action packed! Wish I'd seen the rest.

Questions: 

-Did we actually see Rachel dressed up like a stuffed animal in the attic?

-Why was Abe seeing himself on the tv soap?

-How did Lani piece together Whitley's involvement?

I used to be able to play catch up with episodes online but not so much anymore.

Rachel appeared in some sort of animal costume, but we didn't see her in the attic.  She showed up in the Dimera living room through the secret door.

Abe was hallucinating, I think.

Jerry spilled the beans to Lani when she was giving him her stare of death.

• Like 6
On 7/10/2023 at 2:03 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Also Brady: Kill Kristen. Just kill her. We'll all look the other way. It's fine. How he is resisting his deep well of rage against women? How is she the only woman he doesn't get aggressive with?

Yay Rachel! Get in there! Mess it up ya little brat! 😆

LOL! Looks like Brady finally heard your telepathic message. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

We did not see Rachael in the attic but we heard Kristin say she had to hide there.  
I wish Sarah would have run far far away with Rachel.   The poor child is already so messed up.  She is still a child and has a lot more time to go to get to know her mommy.  
really enjoyed Steve and John working together.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I did laugh at Paulina asking Rafe, maybe if  you weren't being romantic with Jada, we would have found Abe.  You may have missed Hope, Sami, Nicole.  The Salem PD doesn't have boundaries  

Edited by polodog
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4