Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I’m not a huge fan, but they could have made the entire episode flashbacks of Deidre Hall scenes IMO. 

On another note, my prediction for Nicole’s storyline…

She’s already lied about being pregnant. She will be found out. Then she will find out about the paternity and lie about that. Then she’ll be caught again. Absolutely no character growth for this one. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m not a huge fan, but they could have made the entire episode flashbacks of Deidre Hall scenes IMO. 

On another note, my prediction for Nicole’s storyline…

She’s already lied about being pregnant. She will be found out. Then she will find out about the paternity and lie about that. Then she’ll be caught again. Absolutely no character growth for this one. 

Same probably because they would be more interesting compared to what's currently going on with the show.

• Like 4

Docs flashblacks were nice.  I probably skipped the Ben one originally.  Wish they would have included different patients.  Like the kid who was going  to jump.  Marlena knows about Ben but does she know how the kid turned out.?

ISA is not a very good organization   They let people escape all the time  

the business guy was a jerk and really strange  

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, tribeca said:

He really was. The actor seemed odd. Not sure if it was the tan or just his acting choices 

• Like 5

It was a nice idea to celebrate her 5,000th patient, but of course it had to be You Know Who and he got to appear TWICE in her episode. JFC. I yelled at the television.

Enough's enough with him. HE👏IS👏TERRIBLE👏

There were countless other clips that could have been run, like, for example, her helping Will to come out...or her helping John when he showed up confused about his past...but no.

😡

Nice to see Maggie, but very lame that Victor's reunion with his not-actually-dead son only happened when Victor was actually dead and could no longer appear.

Cokehead CEO was dumb, but right about Maggie, who has no experience at all. Titan should be tanking right about now.

If TIIC were smartish, they'd bring in Philip ASAP and redeem him and have him run the company. He should be around...given what's coming with Victor.

Doc looked great in green.

Drake really relishes his job and it's so nice to see.

The stuff with Kate moved quite quickly. Why is Suave Guy dressing her up though? Chem testing them? Stefano/Marlena vibes.

And Chad is no secret agent so....what are you doing dude? Trying to leave your kids without any parents at all?

...this should have been an hour of Doc, but I really like LK's work. Kate is great.

How's poor Lucas doing? Is he going to stay in jail for 50 years over this dumb kidnapping shit? While everyone else commits bigger crimes without consequence?

4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

He really was. The actor seemed odd. Not sure if it was the tan or just his acting choices 

It was his hair too.

I think he may have been trying to play up his character's "coke fiend" angle, maybe, hence the weird movements and acting choices.

Stupid Alex should have told him about his threeway to win him over 🙄.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Nice tribute to the 5000 eps.

The old yellow shoes could work today. Such different times for soaps back then. And of course we got the propping up of Ben Weston - how Doc’s help made him a different man and changed his life.

Amazing how Dmitri can provide a perfectly fitting outfit for his guest.

Chad should have stayed behind.

That big deal ended more players/more of a team. Not just two people. Good for Maggie firing Alex. Whether she has the experience or not she is the acting CEO.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

UO here, but the Marlena flashbacks were 4999 too many for me. If only her heels had been a couple of inches higher, she'd be just a fond memory today.....

Chad obviously not only doesn't give a shit about his kids, since he's leaving them in the care of the human roomba, Julie, but he's also actively seeking an end to his life by deciding to end it all with the boredom of a mission with Harris Michaels and Steve.

Beer me, Chad, we'll end it together.

I'm living in mortal fear that the Pissy Prince von Letchner's secret weapon is a kidnapped Sami, who absolutely NOBODY wants to ransom.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Docs flashblacks were nice.  I probably skipped the Ben one originally.  Wish they would have included different patients.  Like the kid who was going  to jump.  Marlena knows about Ben but does she know how the kid turned out.?

ISA is not a very good organization   They let people escape all the time  

I have no use for Ben as much as the next person but I think there are probably legal issues with likeness/royalties where they probably can't feature certain flashbacks over others. At least they don't have that problem with Ben in that regard(despite the obvious agenda).

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Did the actor from that roof jumping flashback die? If not, he might have been owed pay...

Still, former patients/people she's helped who are still in the cast include:

-Eric

-Belle

-John

-Roman

-Kate (would have made sense to include her since she's presumably in Doc's thoughts)

-Maggie (hahaha, I kid, I kid)

-Abe

To name a few.

Heck, they didnt even have to limit the scope to people she's helped professionally. They could have veered to discussing family and friends...or people she failed to help!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did the actor from that roof jumping flashback die? If not, he might have been owed pay...

Still, former patients/people she's helped who are still in the cast include:

-Eric

-Belle

-John

-Roman

-Kate (would have made sense to include her since she's presumably in Doc's thoughts)

-Maggie (hahaha, I kid, I kid)

-Abe

To name a few.

Heck, they didnt even have to limit the scope to people she's helped professionally. They could have veered to discussing family and friends...or people she failed to help!

Yes with the current actors they could've done that not really sure how many significant scenes you could get out of those(except maybe Abe and Kate). I don't think Will was featured (if he was I missed it) and that's glaring.

I don't think Don Craig was even referenced and he was a huge part of Marlena's life however at this point I should be used to him not mattering to this show given his exit.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 2

He was the one who left to get his mail, right? And was never seen again?

He must have royally pissed someone off...

Don Craig moved to Santa Barbara, California, changed his name to Channing Creighton (CC) Capwell, and became rich and had a bunch of kids and ex-wives. 😋 His eldest son, Mason, looked suspiciously like Maggie's ORIGINAL sperm donor for Sarah, Evan Whyland. Hee.

• LOL 6

The most disturbing thing about this episode is hearing Kate being called "Kate Brady."

I like Dimitri, and I wouldn't mind if he's a long-term villain. I am intrigued by who could be his other hostage.

I'm honestly not sure either Stefan or EJ would care enough about Chad to pay a ransom to save his life. 

Kayla and Belle were an unusual pairing. I kinda ignored whatever they talked about and thought about all the ways these two have been related: Aunt/niece (When Belle was believed to be Roman's child), Cousins (when Belle was a Brady via Colleen) in-laws (via Belle's marriage to Shawn) and of course the Tripp and Claire pairing. Still, these two felt eerie together.

Shawn and Roman were another unusual pairing. It's so odd to see JT trying to act. While I thought I got used to BB's acting style, it was equally odd seeing him try to emote. After a decade, I still think he's a great Shawn because of his physical resemblance to Hope/KA, but he's a forgettable Shawn in every other regard.

I was randomly thinking about the Philp/Belle affair during 07/08 and Hope's many haranguing speeches to Belle.

I was really bored with this episode, so my mind wandered a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Stephanie is the only person I know who isn’t attached to her phone. She just leave it everywhere.  
    Why did Roman stay behind on the big rescue ?   Katie really was being stupid not leaving right when being rescued.  I get she wanted her ring.  But my goodness. 
any guesses who the other hostage is ?

• Like 2

Short episode.

Steph, you just don’t leave your phone unattended. Why did you have to call Maggie? Yuri probably had a better offer. Poor Alex K. Being fired and in therapy.

The three amigos managed to rescue Kate. Dmitri might make an interesting villain. No idea who the other hostage is.

Kayla and Belle were random, as was Shawn D. and Roman. Harris saves the day and is probably on some sort of redemption arc.

• Like 3
(edited)

The guy they were doing business with wasn't wrong she has no experience but acting like she's Victor.  I really hope there's not her getting everything when he dies, but instead Victor pulls some soapy will dramatics. 

She needs to go back to lemon bars. She caters to Xander no matter what he does, but Alex is evil. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

There seemed to be a major editing issue with this episode. Rachel is telling Kristen via a letter about a conversation she overheard between Jarlena and Brady about Chloe, Xander, and later Bo. However, John's reaction to the news regarding Xoe living together was obviously his first time hearing it. The conversation also developed in a way that this was new information to them. I think the actors weren't informed that this was supposed to have been a conversation they seemingly had offscreen before. 

I feel torn about Xoe. On one hand, I do think they have genuine chemistry. As a Chloe fan, I also like how lively the show writes Chloe with Xander. She has a wit back, her sass, NB's body language feels more confident and more sensually confrontational. She feels like the Chloe that was with Lucas and Dan, without the constant cheating. She feels like a Chloe who is still an essentially good person, but with just enough bad to make her interesting and even self-destructive.

On the other hand, I think conversations like the one they had with Susan are why you can't have an essentially good person with someone like Xander. Either Xander needs to be reformed or Chloe becomes an apologist. It was odd to hear the show briefly recap just some of Xander's heinous crimes: switching Rachel, shooting Marlena and Brady, leaving Chloe to be presumably assaulted and presumably murdered by El Fideo, kidnapping, terrorizing and ultimately contributing to the death of Susan Banks. Having Chloe say that killing Susan was a learning experience for Xander is just not something Chloe would say. I buy Chloe having guilt regarding her situation with El Fideo because Chloe isn't a murderer. I don't buy Xander having guilt because Xander routinely destroys people's lives. I don't buy Chloe having sympathy for a man who kidnaps, terrorizes, and contributes to the murder of an innocent woman. I do wonder if Brady's words today were ominous. He mentioned that eventually, Xander would bring danger into Chloe's life. I love Chloe, and the Xoe interactions of been a highlight for me the past few weeks, but my fear is that Xoe will be as damaging to Chloe's character as Danloe was.

Dimitri being a Dimera was a lackluster reveal.

Andrew being the hostage was anti-climatic.

The Bope storyline and reunion are starting to feel like a vehicle to bring Harris and Megan back onto the canvas.

There are too many male Dimeras within the 30-50 age range. We really don't need EJ, Stefan, Chad, and now Dimitri as male Dimeras. I'm assuming Johnny is still supposed to be in his mid-20s.

• Like 5

Dimitri looks like EJ Scott's EJ. Are they going to also make him a Brady? He'll be double related to Johnny. 

At least Dimitri acts more Dimera, Chad is a waste now. Johnny just us stuck in boredom with Wendy. 

• Like 3

So Dimitri is Megan’s son? I was expecting a new and different DiMera. He does seem more angry and bad than say, Chad, who seems to be DiMera in name only. Dimitri might give EJ and Stefan a run for their money.

Rachel, who at last mention was six, and she can write such a complex letter to her mom?

I also noticed the weird editing in that Rachel knew all this but her dad and grandparent didn’t.

Laughed when Roman told Kate about the chatty urn.

I did see some sign of growth or Xander’s acknowledgement of how things go sideways for him. Maybe Sarah loving him has made at least a temporary change in him.I doubt the apartment is haunted. He did show some critical thought and remorse for his actions. Not that it will last.

So, Dimitri’s and Megan’s get out of jail card is…. Andrew Donovan? The ISA will do whatever to get him released?

• Like 3
(edited)

Dear show - WHEN has Kristen been in a coma? Are the writers just guessing now?

Megan and Kristen could be an interesting pairing. Who better to explain to Megan the waste of obsessing over a lost love? Her decades of pain over John - which she has thankfully moved beyond - are an important lesson in letting go. Kristen could be playing therapist here to her "sis".

Also...Megan wouldn't ask her at all about her father Stefano's final years? Did Stefano even know she was alive all these years?

Look, I'm liking this actress more and more but Megan is one hell of a retcon....and now her son is apparently Bo's (I guess) and a bridge between the DiMeras and Kiriakis families? That's....a lot.

Also, Show, Brady is not there for Doc and John in any meaningful way. He leaves his kid at their place because he apparently has no job or house or babysitter...and he moved freaking Kristen into their house, who has repeatedly tried to hurt them both for decades. He is an extremely lousy son/relative.

It was amazingly weird to hear Marlena defend Xander while standing in a room with Brady and John. I dont buy that she would pass the blame of Susan's death over to Ava.

Seriously what is going on with people today?? Is it character assassination day?

Chloe: I'm so sorry that you're so tortured...

Me: Girl! No, you're not! You shat all over Theresa for abandoning you for weeks and dragged her like she personally tried to kill you....but XANDER had more power over that entire situation that almost got you killed, and now you're going to bang him...?!

Behold: the power of a hot body! 🙄

Ok so...what's the consensus on Koman? He married her as she was dying.....sooo....yeah. It's not like she really was falling back in love with him and planning a lifetime together. And now he's all "you're the live of my life" and I'm...not seeing it.

I think they were together for a bit in the early 2000s, right? And that's it?

All this to say...I don't buy this. You guys?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ok so...what's the consensus on Koman? He married her as she was dying.....sooo....yeah. It's not like she really was falling back in love with him and planning a lifetime together. And now he's all "you're the live of my life" and I'm...not seeing it.

I'm not seeing the romantic connection either.  I think they'd work great as friends/sparring partners (Kate does tend to make Roman livelier)  but I'm just not seeing them as a great love.

While I think Dimitri has potential to be a pretty good villain, does this show REALLY need a 947th DiMeara - and (probably) ANOTHER unknown/retcon child?  Stop with the back from the dead crap (Megan) and just introduce characters with a decent back story.  So far, neither Sloan, Colin, Jada or Talia are related to anyone else in Salem and the show had absolutely no trouble bringing them on board.

• Like 3

No spoilers here, but at this point, I wouldn't put it past them to say Talia is really Nicole's dead mother Faye.

If they seriously manage to leave 4 new characters unconnected to the past, it'll be a miracle.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rachel, who at last mention was six, and she can write such a complex letter to her mom?

Yeah that was some letter.

Maybe DiMera should hire her to write the performance reviews...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Unlikely as the pairing is, I like Kate and Roman together.  What I can't stand is yet one more scene of John feeding those stupid strawberries to Marlena and getting all horny like they're teenagers and Teddy Roosevelt just won his first election.

There's not enough Aspercreme in the world to make that crap believable.

I really liked Peter Porte years ago during his limited run as Paul William's psychotic son on The Young and the Restless, but I have to say that what I've seen of him in this storyline is very disappointing.  I didn't watch any of the Beyond Salem shows so I don't know what he was like in those, but he's giving that useless dickhead refugee from Genital Hospital a run for his money in acting at its worse.   Whatshername playing Megan isn't much better, either.  Maybe Ron C. needs to realize that he doesn't need to create even more lackluster Dimeras, all he needs to do is to make the ones he has on canvas already watchable.

And for Dog's sake, NO MORE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM FOR ANYONE.

Edited by boes
  • Like 11
  • Hugs 1
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So far, neither Sloan, Colin, Jada or Talia are related to anyone else in Salem and the show had absolutely no trouble bringing them on board.

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

If they seriously manage to leave 4 new characters unconnected to the past, it'll be a miracle.

Isn't Jada (and therefore presumably Talia) some old character's daughter?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

Unlikely as the pairing is, I like Kate and Roman together.  What I can't stand is yet one more scene of John feeding those stupid strawberries to Marlena and getting all horny like they're teenagers and Teddy Roosevelt just won his first election.

What makes that more disturbing to me is that was originally done between Roman and Marlena, and John only knew about it because of the implanted memories of Roman that Stefano gave John. So Stefano basically extracted Roman’s sexual memories and gave them to John so he could be convincing to Marlena as her husband. Not enough ewwww for me.

4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They are Marcus’ daughters.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You're right, of course.  I guess they're easier to accept because they're related to someone who isn't already connected to everyone else already here.  AND THEY'RE NOT SOME STUPID RETCON.   

Someone going away and their offspring - that it is VERY reasonable to assume they may have had - appearing doesn't bother me as much as someone, somehow having a child that we never heard about WHILE we saw them on the show for years.  (John had an affair that produced Paul - during the time he was on screen.  Maggie or Vivian producing a child during a period when it was obvious they were never pregnant.) 

Or someone, who's not only not dead anymore, but, of course has had a child.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

They are Marcus’ daughters.

Yep, Steve's best friend and foster brother, Dr. Marcus Hunter, played by the late great Richard Biggs. Still so sad that he died so young. Ditto Joy Garrett (Jo Johnson) who, if I recall, was in her mid 40s or so when she died, too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I’m almost up to date, only missing today’s show.

I hate Nicole’s pregnancy storyline w/ the strength of a 1000 suns. I don’t want her near Eric now that he’s gotten more interesting with Sloan and I wish EJ left (with Chad). He reminds me more of Jake the mechanic, than a dangerous DiMera. DF’s ridiculous new haircut doesn’t help.

They can offer the actor a better suited role, or not.

I like Dmitri and his mom, as long as they don’t go too over the top with them à la Kristen.

I surprisingly liked the banter between Steve and Harris and would enjoy seeing them together more often. It’s the more natural I’ve seen SB so far and if he must be on, then I prefer not to cringe watch his scenes.

• Like 3

Did I miss something,  why do people think Dimitri would be Bo's son?  If he is a "Von whatever" we already know his father is a relative of Frankie and Carly's, and now we know Megan is his mom. 

I wasn't sure what purpose his character would serve but I will admit I like the reveal of him as Megan's son. I wasn't looking for any new male Dimeras, but at least he is a grandchild and seems to take more pride in being a "Von L" than a Dimera which I like. Unlike Stefan, John, and Brady who don't acknowledge being Alamains. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think they were together for a bit in the early 2000s, right? And that's it?

All this to say...I don't buy this. You guys?

They got back together - I’m not sure how long they’d been back together - before she was dying. They got married because she was dying, but they were already reunited and in love. I think, the show, wanted the story to be more evenly matched. Instead of two husbands afraid for their wives and one guy worried about his girlfriend, or even his fiancée, all the couples were married. So, they married off Kate and Roman. But, I do think the plan - for now at least - is to keep them together. It’s clear Kate doesn’t regret the marriage given how desperate she was to get her rings back.

I like them together.

17 hours ago, boes said:

I like John and Marlena together. I really love that the show doesn’t pretend the older couples are sexless and still show them desiring each other. But, I do think they have vastly overplayed the strawberries and cream thing. I groaned when John brought them out.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

AZ has sounded sick for 2 days now and today she even looked it lol. I am already SO over this Nicole pregnancy. She's acting like a teenager, not a woman pushing 50.

I’m not sure how she’s acting like a teenager. I think the show has done a great job in Nicole’s last two appearances in really highlighting what should be Nicole’s main concern - the viability of the pregnancy - rather than the sole focus being the WTD angle. I thought the scenes between her and Anna today were great. Nicole’s fear was palpable. Anna trying to reassure her and looking out for her was sweet.

Unlike her lying to EJ about sleeping with Eric, I get why she doesn’t want to tell either guy yet. Not only is she still processing the news herself, but she doesn’t know if there’s any point without knowing how viable the pregnancy is.

8 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Because Megan has had a life long obsession with Bo and was pregnant by him 40 years ago. Max drama if he's Bo's kid, zeros if it's somebody we've never heard of.

Wouldn’t Megan have used that as a bargaining chip with Bo when she was desperate to keep him from leaving? Also, I think there’s more than enough drama with him being a new DiMera. Sure him being Bo’s would add more, but there’s enough story without that angle.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Paulina is the worst idea ever as police commissioner. She doesn't care about the truth or evidence.  Melinda has her job still how?

This show is just a mess.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Of course Tallia’s boyfriend doesn’t have a record.  He lets everyone else do his dirty work.  
    So if Paulina had become the police commissioner would Abe have to change his policy on coworkers having relationships. 
  Anna is still fabulous.  
There are many many reasons to fire Rafe but what was Melinda’s issue ?.  

Sloan don’t get to cocky.   

• Like 5

Today’s ep was a slog.

Too much weepy Nicole, too much nosy Anna.

We did get some backstory about Colin - the age difference with Sloan and that he lived in the UK as a boy.

Colin has the money to afford the Salem Inn and get fake credentials?

Melinda, you can’t just fire Rafe and hire Paulina. At least Chanel can make donuts for the cops.

Sloan, you will hit your 40s at some point. How surprising to find prenatal vitamins.

Has Anna worn a DVF dress lately? Odd plug. She was right about the potential kid - the father will be part of his or her life.

• Like 4

Not much of a show today, I agree.  But, any day with Anna is a good day for me, even the occasional Anna overdose.

She's so much nicer to Nicole than Nicole deserves.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I’m not sure how she’s acting like a teenager. I think the show has done a great job in Nicole’s last two appearances in really highlighting what should be Nicole’s main concern - the viability of the pregnancy - rather than the sole focus being the WTD angle. I thought the scenes between her and Anna today were great. Nicole’s fear was palpable. Anna trying to reassure her and looking out for her was sweet.

Unlike her lying to EJ about sleeping with Eric, I get why she doesn’t want to tell either guy yet. Not only is she still processing the news herself, but she doesn’t know if there’s any point without knowing how viable the pregnancy is.

The above post is how I feel as well.

As for today's (Thurs - May 18) show, so much incredibly good sleuthing by Rafe & Jada!  Holy smokes  - didn't think they would figure things out so fast (who Colin "Firth" really is, how he probably got Talia to do his dirty work). 

And based on today's show, here's my speculation about the WTD story:  Eric is the father, but now that Sloane knows about the pregnancy, she will alter the test results to show EJ is the baby daddy.  (Of course, at some point in the future, the show could pull a Chloe/Dan/Philip and make the baby daddy the other guy!)

P.S.  I laughed at the crazy visual of Colin about to hit Paulina with the rolling pin while she wails cowering on the floor next to Abe. The show was going for "funny" and not terror, right?  🤣

• Like 6