Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Let me get this straight, Xander - with a straight face - actually said "They assume the worst of us no matter what we do." 🤦🏿‍♀️ Poor, poor Xander and Gwen. All they did was jay walk and all of these meanies are sanctimoniously looking down their noses at them. Here, let me get the world's tiniest violin.

Xander just kidnapped two women because his pathetic ass couldn't get a decent job and instead of being a grown up and accepting legitimate help from family, turned to crime instead. Then he repeatedly lied to his wife about it. Oh, and Gwen has only drugged multiple women despite knowing it could cause permanent brain damage and her only remorse about it is getting caught. 

Juvenile as it may have been, I loved Sarah knocking that box of baked goods out of Xander's hands as she walked away. Both of those cretins got off incredibly light. After Xander had the gall to tell Sarah to not talk down to Gwen and Gwen made her snide comment about Sarah escaping brain damage because she was able to remember (and call Gwen out) on her numerous crimes, Sarah should have smashed the baked goods with her shoe, shoved the pieces down Gwen's throat, and then used the box to put Xander's balls in.

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Kayla asked for a lawyer, she didn't ask for Mickey? 

I get this, since John Clarke, as well as the two (ill-advised) recast actors in Kevin Dobson and John Ingle, are all truly dead.

Kind of hard to show Mickey because of that sad fact.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Juvenile as it may have been, I loved Sarah knocking that box of baked goods out of Xander's hands as she walked away. Both of those cretins got off incredibly light. After Xander had the gall to tell Sarah to not talk down to Gwen and Gwen made her snide comment about Sarah escaping brain damage

Someone needs to give Gwennie some of whatever she gave Sarah - but not find a cure.

To sneer about THAT is gross. And Xander is less than dog shit for letting his fuck buddy go on about that, ESPECIALLY knowing what it did to Maggie, etc.

But hey, now Xander has a madz at the Hortons, so he probably now hates Maggie, too.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I get this, since John Clarke, as well as the two (ill-advised) recast actors in Kevin Dobson and John Ingle, are all truly dead.

Kind of hard to show Mickey because of that sad fact.

He didn't need to be shown, but she should have pointed him out when "Susan" said they had no lawyers basically.  

Then a throw away line that he's off playing tennis or something stupid could have been said. 

Marlena pointed to wanting to see Tom, Alice, Shawn and Caroline who we know she won't see either but she still threw their names out there. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

He didn't need to be shown, but she should have pointed him out when "Susan" said they had no lawyers basically.  

Then a throw away line that he's off playing tennis or something stupid could have been said. 

Marlena pointed to wanting to see Tom, Alice, Shawn and Caroline who we know she won't see either but she still threw their names out there. 

True.

This whole thing is stupid, anyway.

• Like 4

Neither Kayla, Kate, nor Marlena thought the afterlife seemed a little weird? Why would Susan Banks, Adrienne, and Jordan greet them? Why would they have to do paperwork and be rushed into signing papers that they did not even read? I wanted to see the papers burn. Jordan looked really good with the glowing eyes. Wonder who is underneath the Susan Banks get up.

So Roman can just close up his business for an hour while the gang can plot revenge?

Gwen, keep your mouth shut. Xander, keep your mouth shut too. Sarah should have stepped on the baked goods.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I wanted to see the papers burn. Jordan looked really good with the glowing eyes. Wonder who is underneath the Susan Banks get up.

giphy.gif

It's Elaine Benes, and their punishment in the afterlife is being forced to dance like her.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

John, Steve, Roman, that's worth killing over.

• LOL 8
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

EOB is a talented actress I don't get why they couldn't kill off the character and bring her back as someone else. I mean its not as if this show hasn't done it many times before.

Except that what are the odds that another character not only looks exactly like Gwen, but also has the same accent? Unless she was an identical twin,  I doubt we'd be fooled by a pair of Alex Kiriakis eyeglasses.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 2/4/2023 at 3:15 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Except that what are the odds that another character not only looks exactly like Gwen, but also has the same accent? Unless she was an identical twin,  I doubt we'd be fooled by a pair of Alex Kiriakis eyeglasses.

Obviously they could do it a few months later. She could change her hair color or something. Hell she might attempt an American accent if EOB can pull it off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Obviously they could do it a few months later. She could change her hair color or something. Hell she might attempt an American accent if EOB can pull it off.

She pulled off an American accent in the video game Death Stranding, she would be fine playing a new, non-English character.

• Like 3
On 2/3/2023 at 10:46 PM, Artsda said:

...I know I've said this already, but after reading that sentence it really bears repeating:

I cannot believe what is happening on this show right now.

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I know I've said this already, but after reading that sentence it really bears repeating:

I cannot believe what is happening on this show right now.

🤦🏻‍♂️

I believe it only because of the hacks ruining...I mean, running this show. Ron Carlivati is no F. Scott Fitzgerald or whatever.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

And yet . . . I still like him and would still take him over other writers.  *shrugs*  I don't know.  I'm still enjoying the show as of late.  Nothing bothers me that much.

I'm genuinely glad you enjoy the show.

But I think Ron sucks. Tomato, tomahto.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
7 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

And yet . . . I still like him and would still take him over other writers.  *shrugs*  I don't know.  I'm still enjoying the show as of late.  Nothing bothers me that much.

There's a couple of us that still enjoy it. And what I don't enjoy, I just fast forward. It's an amazing way to watch TV lol.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

What long has Abigail been dead in real soap life? That Chad is already moving on? I grieved for my cat longer than that. Not to say cats aren’t as good as or better than most people! 

She was in June. So 8 months. 

Btw that is 5 more months that Chad waited than John did when Isabella died of cancer and he slept with a married Marlena.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

She was in June. So 8 months. 

Btw that is 5 more months that Chad waited than John did when Isabella died of cancer and he slept with a married Marlena.

And about the same as John waited back in 1987 when Marlena had her longest-lasting “death.” Marlena’s plane blew up in April, and John hit the sheets with Diana for November sweeps.

Though Bo probably takes the prize for sleeping with Emmy almost before Hope’s body was cold after her cruise of deception death. (Or would have been cold if she’d really been dead…) Of course that was a bit different since Emmy wasn’t Bo’s “real” replacement love interest and he did wait some months for Carly.

• Useful 4
27 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

And about the same as John waited back in 1987 when Marlena had her longest-lasting “death.” Marlena’s plane blew up in April, and John hit the sheets with Diana for November sweeps.

Not to mention RoJohn was flirting with Olivia a few weeks after he believed Doc died in the house explosion in late '86.  Pretty sure they kissed and were dating by the time of Marlena's plane crash demise in April. Interestingly, Orpheus knew him too well since he's the one who sent Olivia with that plan. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Olivia was the character played by Amy Yasbeck right? It didn't matter what show she appeared on in primetime whenever I watched something with my mom she always references seeing her on Days but  could never remember the character's name.

• Like 1

Yes, Olivia was Amy Yasbeck’s character. Amy Yasbeck occasionally comments when she’s tagged by those classic Days accounts on Twitter… corrected someone who claimed Olivia died and said Olivia should come back. (Which actually might have made sense when Orpheus’ kids were running around since Olivia was their aunt who attempted to raise them.) 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The propping of Chad and Stephanie us gross.  Stephanie is the new pet? Alex should be mad, Stephanie jumping into bed with Chad hours after him just proved his turn off the phone point.  

Loved seeing Nick, he should be brought back to life. 

• Like 3

Stephanie is not all that. I don’t root for her at this point. Too superficial and shallow. No spunk or charm or anything. Why does she want Chad, at least right now? He is rich, he is a DiMera, he is still vulnerable? He has two little kids who still miss their mommy.

Nice to see Doug and Julie again. They too seem to be propping up Chad.

Great idea, Roman, to use Lucas to get Orpheus. Funny how Orpheus doesn’t really take the blame for the ‘deaths’. 

Hi, Nick Fallon! long time no see. So you are gainfully employed as the Devil’s assistant? The ladies are right in that they got nothing for their signature. Was it a slip about them not exactly being dead? That nothing happens til they die or was I just not paying attention? Marlena seemed bored and disconnected.

• Like 6

Surprisingly, I like Julie's earrings.

How can the ladies have no idea what contracts the would be signing in the afterlife?

The Devil is too busy to collect their signatures on contracts but not too busy to try to steal a baby?

I wish there was a way to bring back Blake Barris.

Yeah, Statesville is so secure that Ciara was able to walk in with a gun to rescue Ben.

Which of their three weddings was the happiest day of Chad's life?

If Alex is going to sit in the CEO chair, he needs to dress like a CEO.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Yes, Olivia was Amy Yasbeck’s character. Amy Yasbeck occasionally comments when she’s tagged by those classic Days accounts on Twitter… corrected someone who claimed Olivia died and said Olivia should come back. (Which actually might have made sense when Orpheus’ kids were running around since Olivia was their aunt who attempted to raise them.) 

I've always thought it was weird that Orpheus and the kids never mention her anymore. I'd say they should bring her back, but Ron will just write crap for her.  Back in the day, Amy and George pulled off some great scenes, especially the one on the pier where he threatens to kill her. Very dramatic and well done with creepy background music that the show can't pull of anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Marlena seemed bored and disconnected.

It's become DH's resting face--utterly nonplused and unfazed whether alive or dead, Salem or the afterlife.  Then again, maybe she's channeling the majority of the viewers at this point. 😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Though Bo probably takes the prize for sleeping with Emmy almost before Hope’s body was cold after her cruise of deception death. (Or would have been cold if she’d really been dead…) Of course that was a bit different since Emmy wasn’t Bo’s “real” replacement love interest and he did wait some months for Carly.

For Bo it was about lust and he was horny.  He saw an attractive woman and their attraction was mutual and they had a good time.   I always thought it was such a realistic thing for Bo to do.  

1 hour ago, Elio Kukui said:

She even called him "my baby," which was all sorts of adorable.  I wonder why his mentions are so seldom, though?  Because everyone associated with that storyline is gone?

Yeah, probably.

I am just relieved this show has never tried to resurrect DJ. That story happened when this show was still rooted in reality and was a sadly relatable issue/death.

Glad that Marlena got to remember her firstborn.

• Like 8

Busy day for Sloan in getting two new clients: Li Shin and Dr. Rolf.

Gabi had a good dress and coat. Not the best idea to barge into the interrogation room to try to drag Rolf back to finish the brainwashing.

Stefan tells EJ that he now loves two women. He also proceeds to spike his tea with the same crap Nicole drank.

Nicole still is not feeling well. What a long hangover from drinking almost nothing. Eric finds her and sees she is a bit woozy.

Anna makes a joke about Kate’s urn being at the pub, recalls her lugging Not Tony’s urn around and seeks advice from the urn. She wants to help Brady with Chloe and gets into her room. And Brady finds Chloe has checked out.

• Like 5

A doctor, a shrink, and a shrewd businesswoman walk into the afterlife.... oh shit that sounds like the start of a bad joke. Nevertheless, this show has become one so.... a doctor, a shrink, and a shrewd businesswoman walk into the afterlife and sign papers they didn't read? 🙄  They actually believe ascending to heaven works like a video game where you have to level up! 🤣 The more the ladies talked, the dumber they sounded. And then they demanded to speak with the devil.  If only this show had a music budget; it would have been a good time to que up "Sympathy for the Devil" because man did I have a lot of it for Old Scratch if he had to hold a conversation with these three. 

Meanwhile, the Bengay gang sits around the pub brainstorming ways to get into jail (no Roman, Statesville doesn't have good security, what in the world ever made you think that) and kill Orpheus. 🙄 Yeah, okay. Those silly fools. By the time you reach the age where you need yearly cholesterol checks and daily fiber in your diet to poop regularly, you should know that there's no such thing as dead in Salem so why bother?  I mean, it worked out so well the last time John killed him. 🙄  Come on, pathetic old guys--there are only two kinds of dead in Salem. The kind where you are still walking around living a normal life (see EJ, Stefan, and...oh Steve and Roman themselves!)  And the kind where you only walk around Salem on Halloween or when the devil's in town.  Can't wait till the Bengay gang find out that kind of dead torments your "dead" gullible loved ones any old day.    

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 7
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, probably.

I am just relieved this show has never tried to resurrect DJ. That story happened when this show was still rooted in reality and was a sadly relatable issue/death.

Glad that Marlena got to remember her firstborn.

Well it helps that they don't care about Don Craig or anything associated with him at all. I was surprised when Sarah was Renee that she even mentioned him at all with the inside joke by Anna about how he went to the post office never to be seen again.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I'm catching up on a few days of viewing,  I loved the Rafe & Gabi scenes in the police station..Gabi always makes Every situation about HER!  But, Camilla & Galen have great sibling chemistry & I got a kick out of those scenes.  Sloan looked fabulous in that over the shoulders coat & blue satin dress, she & Li work well together.  Today, I love the Brotherly vibe between Joey & Tripp, so cute that Joey wanted to help his brother out.  I like the young actress who plays Wendy, she works well with Tripp & Johnny.  The young actor who plays Thomas is quite good for a young actor  & Billy(Chad) does a good job with the youngsters.  But, mainly, I am Concerned about lil HENRY!  Yikes, his Mother is out getting drunk again!  There is nobody at the apartment, I never heard Allie reference getting a Babysitter or even mention her child at all!  Its like Allie being a young Mother has been forgotten about.  That drives me crazy.  The kids are only shown when they fit into a plot point.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Chad’s kids are cute but they are kids and their dad’s adult life is their dad’s business. Having dinner with Stephanie and letting her read bedtime stories does not make her their new mom. Rather presumptuous. Way too soon to introduce any woman to the kids as she can certainly run.

Joey, you may mean well in setting up Tripp and Wendy. Let things happen with them normally. She may have wanted to go to a movie with Johnny.

Abe, you made a special dinner for Paulina? Why hasn’t she hired a cook yet? Chanel suuuure would have loved to be a third wheel.

Allie, who is caring for Henry? Maggie? Everyone else is kinda dead. Did you hire a sitter? Going out and getting drunk is not the best idea and neither is running in to your brother and your sort of ex girlfriend. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I do wonder if they'll make Allie not giving a shit about Henry into a thing or if it's just the usual situation where they just don't show the kids but we're meant to assume they're there and being taken care of. I'm assuming the latter but I'd be more interested in them making Allie into a bitchy party girl who doesn't wanna deal with her kid tbh.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Allie isn't ignoring Henry, he's not there.

Henry is finishing up his medical degree and will be starting at University Hospital next week.  And getting possessed by the Devil, while falling for Gabi, Chanel and Paulina simultaneously.

Kids grow up so fast these days.

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do wonder if they'll make Allie not giving a shit about Henry into a thing or if it's just the usual situation where they just don't show the kids but we're meant to assume they're there and being taken care of. I'm assuming the latter but I'd be more interested in them making Allie into a bitchy party girl who doesn't wanna deal with her kid tbh.

It’s a little dark but I wouldn’t mind the show highlighting the ramifications of Allie never wanting that kid in the first place. She didn’t consent to his conception. She made three separate adoption plans after being impregnated via rape… only for Sami to gleefully sabotage all three. Allie ended up raising Henry only because Sami had the power to say “you raise him or I will” and Allie didn’t want Sami dragging Henry around the way she did Allie.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Well Thank Goodness, I now know that lil Henry aka: Henny-Penny is being cared for by a babysitter while his Mom is drunk!  These love groupings are getting really confusing now: there is Alex/Allie/Johnny/Wendy/Tripp and Alex/Stephanie/Chad  and Sarah/Xander/Gwen/Rex, but I am still waiting for a Real Romantic Couple.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Panopticon said:

It’s a little dark but I wouldn’t mind the show highlighting the ramifications of Allie never wanting that kid in the first place. She didn’t consent to his conception. She made three separate adoption plans after being impregnated via rape… only for Sami to gleefully sabotage all three. Allie ended up raising Henry only because Sami had the power to say “you raise him or I will” and Allie didn’t want Sami dragging Henry around the way she did Allie.

It's weird because at one point it seemed like Allie was all about Henry when she was going to end up with Tripp, but they've backed away from that.

I do think this is more realistic. I would love it if Allie could admit that she's not really bonding to Henry because she never wanted to be a parent and because she can't look at him without seeing Charlie. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

Just speculation, but upon seeing the poor reception that Allie and Chanel got as a couple, I think that Ron might be trying to reconfigure the younger group's pairings a bit more.  Wouldn't shock me if he's planning on breaking up Allie and Chanel for possible better options. 

I feel like Ron loved the idea of having an interracial same-sex couple, but Allie just doesn't have that much chemistry with this version of Chanel. (She did with the Precious Way version.) 

I mean, hey, he can always bring back Theo and pair him up with a suddenly bi Joey. I mean, Joey wouldn't be the first guy turned out by prison. I'm getting kind of a vibe from this Joey, all I'm saying.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, boes said:

Allie isn't ignoring Henry, he's not there.

Henry is finishing up his medical degree and will be starting at University Hospital next week.  And getting possessed by the Devil, while falling for Gabi, Chanel and Paulina simultaneously.

Kids grow up so fast these days.

Paulina with her obnoxious speech pattern and thinking she is all that while Abe chuckles. Lol

• Applause 4