Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 9/12/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Alyssa’s remarks about not knowing what a threat White Supremacists like The Proud Boys were-“never heard of them before” is right up there with Meghan’s “I wasn’t born then” excuses. And taking superfast only made it more disingenuous and worse.

I wish the camera had panned to Ana so I could have seen her expression during that.

Yes, that was a bold statement that underscores how ill-prepared she was to be in the job she was doing. She didn't know? bullshit. what the fuck did she think they were so proud of? I think she is a pretty and pleasant acting woman for the most part, but it cannot make up for the stench of what she did for so very long. She doesnt get points from me for finally calling it quits after January 6th. She stood by Tump after the "both sides" shit. I will never accept her and I will always blame ABC for this. Let us never forget how ABC gave anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy a platform so in my opinion, they carry some blame for the idiocy that has occurred during the pandemic. Maybe instead of wondering what took Allyssa so long to walk away from Trump, I should ask myself why I still am supporting this show and ABC.

• Applause 3
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yes, that was a bold statement that underscores how ill-prepared she was to be in the job she was doing. She didn't know? bullshit. what the fuck did she think they were so proud of? I think she is a pretty and pleasant acting woman for the most part, but it cannot make up for the stench of what she did for so very long. She doesnt get points from me for finally calling it quits after January 6th. She stood by Tump after the "both sides" shit. I will never accept her and I will always blame ABC for this. Let us never forget how ABC gave anti-vaxxer Jenny McCarthy a platform so in my opinion, they carry some blame for the idiocy that has occurred during the pandemic. Maybe instead of wondering what took Allyssa so long to walk away from Trump, I should ask myself why I still am supporting this show and ABC.

Just caught the tail end of something she was 'contributing' to on CNN.  Thank goodness i was just in time for the wrap up lol.  That must really gaul Ana though that they would call her to be on and not Ana.

Happy Birthday Sara girl!  🥂🎂

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Two weeks in, and for the life of me I can't figure out why the network or producers thought AFG was the best choice to fill the empty chair. Overall, she's simply "uninteresting".  I truly wonder if she will last the whole season, or if she will be replaced before February sweeps. 

As for Sunny, every time the camera is on her, the Whitney Houston song "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" from 1987 plays in my head.  Probably because it's the same wig Houston wore in the video back then - now Sunny has tried to revive it.  Sorry...It never looked good on Houston 35 years ago, and it definitely doesn't look good on Hostin today. 

Yeah it makes me wonder if they have learned anything from the previous 'chair filler' and to not let it drag on for countless seasons

Being Canadian, I hadn't heard of the Proud Boys, but googled them the first time I heard them mentioned in the news - back in 2017 during the deadly gathering in Charlottesville VA!  Was Alyssa living under a rock 5 years ago????

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Just caught the tail end of something she was 'contributing' to on CNN.  Thank goodness i was just in time for the wrap up lol.  That must really gaul gall Ana though that they would call her to be on and not Ana.

Happy Birthday Sara girl!  🥂🎂

Fixed that for ya.  YW.

• LOL 1
On 9/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, KingCharlesIII said:

Two weeks in, and for the life of me I can't figure out why the network or producers thought AFG was the best choice to fill the empty chair. Overall, she's simply "uninteresting".  I truly wonder if she will last the whole season, or if she will be replaced before February sweeps. 

This is exactly what posters were saying about SWMNBM, just substitute "obnoxious" for "uninteresting".

On 9/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, ForumLou said:

Yeah it makes me wonder if they have learned anything from the previous 'chair filler' and to not let it drag on for countless seasons

No, they have not

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2

I'm late to the conversation, but I just wanted to say that I agree that Joy looks great.  I don't know what it's due to, but I doubt it's due to losing weight.  Older women (and I put myself in that category) do not look younger when they lose weight because there's so little elasticity left in the skin and it's doesn't bounce back.  You get more wrinkles in your face, not less.

On 9/14/2022 at 4:24 PM, McKavity said:

A) Harry is a grown man, people need to stop acting as though he’s incapable of making choices on his own.

B) all of the negative press about Meghan Markle comes from the British tabloids - not known for their unbiased (and I use the term lightly) ‘reporting’ and royal ‘sources’ who have a vested interest in ensuring that Charles, William and their wives escape scrutiny and always appear in the best light, no matter the cost.  Dude literally threw 2 separate tantrums because his pen leaked, but instead the ‘reporting’ is  focused on Harry being banned from wearing the uniform he earned or some imagined slight by Meghan because she raised an eyebrow rather than on Charles acting like a spoiled 2 year old.  The only evidence presented that she’s selfish comes from very unreliable sources.  She’s a convenient scapegoat for the royals. Say something often enough and in a loud enough voice, people will buy in.  If you have any doubts, look at the republican party and their stellar ability to gaslight!

On 9/14/2022 at 7:12 PM, Snapdragon said:

But then Sunny was also saying the 1.3% thing and implied that that was the percentage of women who get abortions in the third trimester when there's no medical reason.  Then when Whoppi said that a doctor wouldn't perform an abortion at six months if the mother and fetus were healthy, Sunny replied, "I don't think that's true".  Like I said in my earlier post, the entire exchange was weird and it felt like Sunny was trying to trap Sarah in something.  Like saying that because Sarah doesn't think that women should be allowed to get an abortion "just because" once they're in the third trimester makes her a secret supporter of Graham's bill or something.  I feel like that's the way she was headed anyway because Sunny was using that tone of voice that she always reserves for when she doesn't want to have a discussion with someone but wants to lecture them on how they're wrong and she's morally superior, which was odd since Sunny herself hasn't been pro-choice for very long so to go from, "I don't believe in abortion" to "abort at any point during the pregnancy" is a very big swing.  

I'm sure this topic will come up again (probably this week) so if they continue with the conversation maybe we can get some clarity on what Sunny was trying to say.  

I’ve always read that that’s the percentage of all later term abortions and that almost all (if not all) of those have to do with either the health of the mom or the viability of the fetus.  

• Love 1