Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Don't Take Me For Granted

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I've never been asked for proof of vaccination in order to fly.

Canada requires foreign tourists to be vaccinated in order to be admitted into the country. That's been the case since the Covid vaccine was developed, and it isn't changing any time soon.   (The US has the same requirement for foreign travellers). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Why can't Yara hang out with her and her kids during the day instead of clubbing at night? Or, if those kids are too old to be playmates for Myla, why doesn't she find a Mom's Group? 

Sometimes moms need to be actual people and engage in non-mom activities. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Yara wanting a girls' night. She should not expect Gwen to babysit and she should definitely have a backup childcare plan but it's healthy for her to want to spend time doing non-mommy stuff sometimes. There is also nothing wrong with a grown woman wanting to dress up and go out for drinks or even - gasp - visit a nightclub.

• Love 7

I accidentally didn't FF through BIG Ed and Liz and their "photo shoot lessons" and that is not a mistake I will make again. First Liz tells him she knows how to use a camera and shuts him down about needing to learn any of that.... then she flips her lid because Ed dared to talk to the model (Liz's friend). Gee, could it be that this is part of the skill a photog develops and uses? Nah, Ed was just flirting and not bowing to Liz's insane demands. lesson learned, FF forever!

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I accidentally didn't FF through BIG Ed and Liz and their "photo shoot lessons" and that is not a mistake I will make again. First Liz tells him she knows how to use a camera and shuts him down about needing to learn any of that.... then she flips her lid because Ed dared to talk to the model (Liz's friend). Gee, could it be that this is part of the skill a photog develops and uses? Nah, Ed was just flirting and not bowing to Liz's insane demands. lesson learned, FF forever!

They deserve each other.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Big Ed is hideous and Liz has really let herself go, she looks about 10 years older. I think they go out to eat, A LOT and booze A LOT. Big Ed has insecurities that Liz will not be able to understand or deal with. The photoshot was pretty stupid. Let Ed do his thing and go away.

Indian men are made for people like Jenny.

I think Andrei is really hot and smart. I love his quick wit although if I were with him I'd probably be murdered by now. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

That photo shoot was meh, Liz was right about the model looking like she did not have a neck in that photo that Ed took.  If Liz really wanted to learn Ed could have started with why he set the lights like he did, why he was using the lens he was using, which F stop he was using but instead he dumbed it down for her to "These are just numbers I do not expect you to know about," ugh.  Also, why outside with a black background? Truthfully if that was Liz's friend why didn't she and the model even exchange a word to each other?

• Love 4

I tried, I really tried but Angela's new teeth are getting in the way! I can not listen to this woman talk like this all season. I understand her dentures are new but it's absolutely gross the way they make her sound. Can. Not. Listen.

Also, Bilal, get lost, you are useless. Another reason I can't watch.

So, I guess I'm here to say, this is going to be unwatchable so I will just be reading boards and recaps this season.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

I tried, I really tried but Angela's new teeth are getting in the way! I can not listen to this woman talk like this all season. I understand her dentures are new but it's absolutely gross the way they make her sound. Can. Not. Listen.

The big toothless gaps on the sides make everything sound extra juicy! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Angela's lawyer is my spirit animal.

HIs deadpan admission that his clients use him as a therapist, especially Angela, who fills him in on shit he does not want to know (why would he care about Michael's Instagram? I don't), was the best scene in...years, really.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2022 at 2:18 PM, KateHearts said:

I've never been asked for proof of vaccination in order to fly.

I was.  Especially when flying for business to the Dominican.  Also had to have a negative COVID test before I was allowed to board.  Until June of this year, we did need proof,

I think Angela has taken domestic flights during the pandemic such as to California for weight loss surgery and dental work.  I don’t think vaccinations were ever required for domestic passengers, although masking was (and maybe testing).  So I don’t think we can draw any conclusions about whether she is vaccinated from her taking domestic flights.

• Love 2

Angela doesn't live in the same country as Michael, and Kimberly and Useman are not married and maybe never will be with the second wife issue. So, why are they even on happily ever after? I really do not understand?

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
On 9/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, Frozendiva said:

Yara cannot rely on Ms Gwen to drop everything and run to her when she needs someone and babysit. Gwen may be a nice lady but folks do tire of unconditional giving. Maybe drop by once a week to see how she is doing and spend time with her or spend time with Mylah for a couple of hours. Even help her find a part time nanny or regular babysitter. Not all grandmas want to spend their days with the grandkids. But then again, all of this could have been avoided if Yara mentioned what her expectations and hopes were and she and Jovi could figure something out. Their baby. Gwen is not responsible and has every right to say no.

Six hours of driving a week is a lot.  I think they should hire a nanny.  Yara's not even going to Gwen, and there's no good reason she didn't move closer to them if her goal was to get Jovi out of New Orleans to focus on the family.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Meh said:

Angela doesn't live in the same country as Michael, and Kimberly and Useman are not married and maybe never will be with the second wife issue. So, why are they even on happily ever after? I really do not understand?

Filler?  They need a certain number of couples.

1 hour ago, anoninrva said:

Six hours of driving a week is a lot.  I think they should hire a nanny.  Yara's not even going to Gwen, and there's no good reason she didn't move closer to them if her goal was to get Jovi out of New Orleans to focus on the family.

I think Yara wanted a bougie suburb and it was in the opposite direction from where MIL lives. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think Yara wanted a bougie suburb and it was in the opposite direction from where MIL lives. 

Kenner or Metarie would have fit that build.  I think they're closer to Hammond, which is an hour in the wrong direction.

How are Ed or Liz even eligible to be cast members? It is 90 DAY FIANCE which means YOU NEED A VALID K1 VISA APPLICATION WITH A FOREIGN CITIZEN AND LIZ IS AMERICAN!

Hello TLC, they are now boring Americans dating like many others and don't need the K1 process so they don't qualify for the series. No one wants to watch their on again off again dysfunctional relationship. I am sure they will have another breakup in an attempt to be relevant. Nothing they do will accomplish this!

Bilal. His whole lecture about how Shaeeda needed to carry herself better made me want to punch the TV. SHE was the one who had poise in that moment. His ex was the one threatening and acting like an ass. His holier than thou attitude is so infuriating. He manipulates her and makes her feel wrong and then she apologizes for things she shouldn't need to apologize for.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think vaccinations were ever required for domestic passengers, although masking was (and maybe testing).

That's what I was referring to- domestic flights. Angela said she hadn't seen Mahkull in two years so I'd assume if she was traveling, it would be domestically. (And no, I did not need vaccine papers nor testing to fly within the US during COVID.)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

ilal. His whole lecture about how Shaeeda needed to carry herself better made me want to punch the TV. SHE was the one who had poise in that moment. His ex was the one threatening and acting like an ass.

THIS!!! His ex was up in her face, acting like an ass and his current wife kept calm and would not engage. Despite the fact that she remarried and even has a child with her new husband, I think both the ex and Bilal still have feelings for one another and pride kept them from making another go of it as a couple. She is angry that he actually moved on and leveled up. He is afraid to make her upset about any little thing using the excuse of his children. 

I didn't see a lot of "happy" in these relationships. Usman and Kimbaaaaly have to be trolling us, right? It was super clear last time that this is a transactional relationship and that he doesn't feel anything for her in a romantic sense. Her poor son. Also, I won't ever claim my house is model home clean but if I knew a camera crew was coming to film me, I would damn sure get rid of or at least temporarily HIDE the piles of clutter. Looking around the room when Kimbaaaly was packing her suitcase, my guess is that she will be on Hoarders next. 

Liz and Ed. REally? As someone mentioned, this should be about an American and a foreign fiancee or spouse. Not these two toxic, alcoholic losers. 

Sumit is a loser. His poor parents probably struggled to find an Indian wife willing to take him on, only for him to slap them in the face with Jenny. Delusional Jenny thinks she bagged some young prize.....honestly, at her age, hell at any age, I would rather be alone than deal with that drama. He can't be that great in bed. She should find a nice expat community in India and stay and live out her retirement there in comfort, not supporting his deadbeat ass and dealing with psycho in laws. 

Yara/Jovi---when was this filmed??? Because at this point the war in Ukraine was still a rumored possibility, yet we have seen episodes of Diaries where she is packing up baby clothes to ship there to help and protesting. I think this couple is probably the happiest of this bunch, with some manufactured drama about Gwen. Agree with Gwen 100%----she loves her grandbaby but she has her own life. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

THIS!!! His ex was up in her face, acting like an ass and his current wife kept calm and would not engage. Despite the fact that she remarried and even has a child with her new husband, I think both the ex and Bilal still have feelings for one another and pride kept them from making another go of it as a couple. She is angry that he actually moved on and leveled up. He is afraid to make her upset about any little thing using the excuse of his children. 

I didn't see a lot of "happy" in these relationships. Usman and Kimbaaaaly have to be trolling us, right? It was super clear last time that this is a transactional relationship and that he doesn't feel anything for her in a romantic sense. Her poor son. Also, I won't ever claim my house is model home clean but if I knew a camera crew was coming to film me, I would damn sure get rid of or at least temporarily HIDE the piles of clutter. Looking around the room when Kimbaaaly was packing her suitcase, my guess is that she will be on Hoarders next. 

Liz and Ed. REally? As someone mentioned, this should be about an American and a foreign fiancee or spouse. Not these two toxic, alcoholic losers. 

Sumit is a loser. His poor parents probably struggled to find an Indian wife willing to take him on, only for him to slap them in the face with Jenny. Delusional Jenny thinks she bagged some young prize.....honestly, at her age, hell at any age, I would rather be alone than deal with that drama. He can't be that great in bed. She should find a nice expat community in India and stay and live out her retirement there in comfort, not supporting his deadbeat ass and dealing with psycho in laws. 

Yara/Jovi---when was this filmed??? Because at this point the war in Ukraine was still a rumored possibility, yet we have seen episodes of Diaries where she is packing up baby clothes to ship there to help and protesting. I think this couple is probably the happiest of this bunch, with some manufactured drama about Gwen. Agree with Gwen 100%----she loves her grandbaby but she has her own life. 

I cannot stand Jovi. He has the opposite personality of someone i'd ever be interested in. He is always whining about not wanting to be with his daughter, about Yara wanting to be with their daughter, about him not wanting to "babysit" his own kid. He should have remained single, visiting strip clubs for fun and most definitely should wrap up when they have intercourse to prevent another child from destroying his single life.

I also am confused about Liz and Ed being on this. It's one thing if they were on yet another spinoff about finding love again, but to be on a show about dating, being engaged to and marrying a foreign fiance, this relationship being shown makes no sense in the context of the show.

I do think the Sumit storylines are manufactured and would bet that he and Jenny probably never see his parents or discuss it nearly as much as they do for the show. But I do feel bad for him because it has to suck to disappoint your parents this much and feel tremendous guilt while also loving someone who you want to be with and having to choose a side . But his mom seems like a horrible person, so I really hope he chooses to just listen to his mom and have nothing to do with her anymore. The things she was saying to him, the tone of voice, the nastiness. What a witch. I can't even imagine if Sumit was gay.

Kimbaaaaly deserves whatever is given to her. She acts like a 10 year old with a first crush and it's second hand embarrassment to watch.

• Love 1

I think with 90 Day and Before the 90 Day the point is international relationships. But Single Life and Happily Ever After  just feature on of the couples-- it doesn't have to be the international one. Diaries can be either. There is Colt and Vanessa, Debbie and whoever American, Danielle and whoever American, Mike and whoever American, Courtni and whoever American, Vanessa and Tim, Betty and her husband, I'm sure others. It doesn't matter with the additional ones, all that matters is they are candid and have a story.

Happily Ever After is, on paper, the spin-off that follows couples after they’ve been through the K-1 journey.

In practice, this is the vehicle that was created to keep Mohamed and Danielle on our screens once their 90 days were up. Let’s not pretend it’s anything but a delivery system for us to view the ridiculous antics of bad people, horrible people, and Angela.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Different couples are shot at different times so they hold footage until they enough for a full show.

I get the sense that this season is the lowest-budget option and Sharp is just repackaging already-filmed, unused footage,

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

First Liz tells him she knows how to use a camera and shuts him down about needing to learn any of that.... then she flips her lid because Ed dared to talk to the model (Liz's friend). Gee, could it be that this is part of the skill a photog develops and uses? Nah, Ed was just flirting and not bowing to Liz's insane demands. lesson learned, FF forever!

At first I thought poor Liz...what did Ed do to this nice cute girl to make her actually date and SLEEP with him?  Now I can see that her personality is far uglier than Ed's.  She seems mildly insane the more we see her.  I guess they do actually deserve each other.  Poor Norma.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

She seems mildly insane the more we see her.

I will never forget what a therapist once told me when I was describing how my then BF's ex showed up in the middle of hte night, screaming and pounding on teh windows of his house. Therapist told me to be careful about being too quick to judge her "crazy" because she had seen a lot of normal, calm women turn into middle of the night window pounding stalkers after dealing with toxic men for too long. It is possible Liz is a nutjob----but did life in the spotlight with Big Ped make her that way or is she with Big Ped because she is insane? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was hoping that I would never again see Angela on my tv screen, but well, that didn't work out, so...  My opinion is that she is making up all this stuff about Michael so she can feel okay about talking to her geriatric stripper.  Michael was not allowed to be on the same boat as other women, let alone look at them or talk to them, but it is just fine for Angela to begin a relationship with TikTok Granddaddy after marrying Michael???  I believe Angela thinks she's all that and a bag of chips since her surgeries and has come across a man who appeals to her more than far away Michael.  Angela's "love interest" probably has an interest in being on tv and will go along with the storyline for the time being.  OH, and the flirting Angela was doing?? 🤮

• Applause 2
14 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

It is possible Liz is a nutjob----but did life in the spotlight with Big Ped make her that way or is she with Big Ped because she is insane? 

I think she is a legit authentic nut job (she has crazy eyes) but not in an inherently bad way. Being with Ed is probably the worst possible person to be with. He’s just feeding her craziness with non-stop toxic drama. If she were with someone less toxic she’d still be nuts but not in a dark way. I think her friend who met Ed in the episode knows this. As do producers; I bet she will have some of the most explosive meltdowns if they continue in the 90F “universe” much longer. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I was hoping that I would never again see Angela on my tv screen, but well, that didn't work out, so...  My opinion is that she is making up all this stuff about Michael so she can feel okay about talking to her geriatric stripper.  Michael was not allowed to be on the same boat as other women, let alone look at them or talk to them, but it is just fine for Angela to begin a relationship with TikTok Granddaddy after marrying Michael???  I believe Angela thinks she's all that and a bag of chips since her surgeries and has come across a man who appeals to her more than far away Michael.  Angela's "love interest" probably has an interest in being on tv and will go along with the storyline for the time being.  OH, and the flirting Angela was doing?? 🤮

I'm a big Angela fan. She deserves to flirt and have some fun. 

• Mind Blown 3
On 9/19/2022 at 10:15 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Angela's "love interest" probably has an interest in being on tv and will go along with the storyline for the time being.

I think I saw something on her insta about this guy needing a kidney? Some sort of medical intervention and she was pleading for help from her "fans." So perhaps that was his angle? Insert himself into the world of a D list reality "star" in the States and hope the publicity helped him out? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I think I saw something on her insta about this guy needing a kidney? Some sort of medical intervention and she was pleading for help from her "fans." So perhaps that was his angle? Insert himself into the world of a D list reality "star" in the States and hope the publicity helped him out? 

Well, if this is the case, it makes more sense.  I guess I would put up with Angela (for a while) to get a life saving organ.  

I wish him the best. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Bilal. His whole lecture about how Shaeeda needed to carry herself better made me want to punch the TV. SHE was the one who had poise in that moment. His ex was the one threatening and acting like an ass. His holier than thou attitude is so infuriating. He manipulates her and makes her feel wrong and then she apologizes for things she shouldn't need to apologize for.

Bilal and Kody need to get together; they can compete for dickhead of the Universe award.

• Fire 1
  • Love 1